Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Health Professionals: Please Advise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Health Professionals: Please Advise (507 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Professionals: Please Advise by lightdream: 2:45am On Jun 04, 2022
Goodday House. Please professionals in the house kindly advise me. My girl wants to go for Nursing at 27. She developed an interest lately. She has an OND in Mass communication. Please how do we address the switching with her background. What school will you recommend.
Your reply will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by osato45: 4:20am On Jun 04, 2022
lightdream:
Goodday House. Please professionals in the house kindly advise me. My girl wants to go for Nursing at 27. She developed an interest lately. She has an OND in Mass communication. Please how do we address the switching with her background. What school will you recommend.
Your reply will be appreciated. Thank you.

She has made her desire known, which is good,

Questions she should ask herself are:

1. does she understand the rigours of studying nursing for 3 or 4 years expecially at a School of Nursing, which involves reading almost every day from your first day of class till the onset of every exam

2. Does she have the minimum 5 O' level requirement of maths, english, chemistry, biology and physics. If she doesn't, this is the first hurdle she must overcome before her desire may become a reality, as I see she has a social science background.

3. Her age is ok

2 Likes

Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by lightdream: 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
osato45:

She has made her desire known, which is good,

Questions she should ask herself are:

1. does she understand the rigours of studying nursing for 3 or 4 years expecially at a School of Nursing, which involves reading almost every day from your first day of class till the onset of every exam

2. Does she have the minimum 5 O' level requirement of maths, english, chemistry, biology and physics. If she doesn't, this is the first hurdle she must overcome before her desire may become a reality, as I see she has a social science background.

3. Her age is ok

Noted but for item 2, she has no chemistry, biology, and physics at O'level.
Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by CrazyMan(m): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
If she's in the south east let her enroll in School of health or any nursing school in any of the south eastern state.

Upon graduation, she'll be given license to practice. You can open a pharmacy/clinic for her, and she'll start earning reasonable money.
Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by osato45: 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
lightdream:

Noted but for item 2, she has no chemistry, biology, and physics at O'level.
OK, all school or colleges of Nursing require you have at least a credit pass in physics, biology and chemistry. It is compulsory, now it's either she goes back to school to acquire the result or she reasses her career plans and look for other alternatives
Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by lightdream: 11:52am On Jun 05, 2022
CrazyMan:
If she's in the south east let her enroll in School of health or any nursing school in any of the south eastern state.

Upon graduation, she'll be given license to practice. You can open a pharmacy/clinic for her, and she'll start earning reasonable money.

She is in Lagos.Having some thought her retaking WAEC. It way deep, still thinking on it.
Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by Emma2Seconds: 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2022
Let her take another Waec In miracle Center and put science subjects.
Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by lightdream: 8:37am On Jan 14, 2023
To encourage someone, she has stated the nursing apprentice for now and she loves it, hoping to way other options.
Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by Kongrats: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2023
Please did she retake her waec? My sister is in the same shoes but doesn’t have physics and chemistry.

lightdream:
To encourage someone, she has stated the nursing apprentice for now and she loves it, hoping to way other options.
Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by Joseph1505(m): 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2023
web development is one of the most lucrative positions that do not require a degree, with many Developers far surpassing these averages.
Re: Health Professionals: Please Advise by lightdream: 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2023
Kongrats:
Please did she retake her waec? My sister is in the same shoes but doesn’t have physics and chemistry.

Not yet, Na overs** level I dey reason . She is just doing her apprentice like that and doing some online certification...

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Executive / Business Development Managers / Acca, Cisa,cism, Itil, Pmp, Oracle 11g, Sage Erp & Other Ebooks / Naijafeatures.com -accounting Assistant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.