Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Multiple Power Outage At The Home Depot, UTAH, Leaves Associates Lacking! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Multiple Power Outage At The Home Depot, UTAH, Leaves Associates Lacking! (257 Views)

'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot / Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot / Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Power Outage At The Home Depot, UTAH, Leaves Associates Lacking! by glathis(f): 11:52am On Jun 04, 2022
Multiple Power Outages at The Home Depot Leaves Associates Lacking!

At approximately 2:30 this afternoon, Home Depot employees reported to this friendly reporter a power outage that caused significant systems to crash! Lights flickered, monitors shut down, mixers lost power, even some phones refused to function!

Employees scrambled to fix the issues, trying their usual fix-it routes to bring their machineries back to life.

Did it work?

That depends on who you ask.

A paint associate informed us their mixers still have not received power! And their computers (hooked up to be utilized in tandem with their mixing machines) are all but useless!

Thankfully, they have the Buy Online Pickup In Store, or BOPIS for short, option for mixing paint. That however, does not satisfy most customers.

Specialty associates reported their computers are still down! One such associate informed us they were in the middle of a sale during the crash, rendering their efforts and time null.

Even Assistant Managers (ASM for short) were scrambling on phones and in power rooms to restore the lifeblood of the store!

Associates at registers reported no issues at any time during the recovery process. Thank goodness for power priorities!

Thankfully, after 20 minutes of scrambling, things were slowly turning back on. One computer at a time - at Service Desk, then Specialty showrooms, and even the training room, things were turning back on. Printers, computers, phones…things were coming back to life!

Thank goodness.

However! This is not the end of their woes! For as soon as things were turning back on, darkness fell upon the store again and what was on turned off again.

Groans and cries of frustration could be heard from every orange blooded person in the building. As leaders everywhere scrambled to start fixing things again, the lights continued to flicker!

Alas, can there be no salvation from perpetual power plays? Will Home Depot be renamed Home Dark? Will associates overcome these outages? Has management finally met their match?

Check back in as updates will be posted as they come.

Have no fear, I will continue to provide staggering commentary of this conundrum, of this Technological Tragedy, this Pitiful Power Play!

Have a comment? Drop a query in the box below. If you like this post, simply hold this message and select your desired reaction. The public loves a good debate.

Until next time, Treasured Readers!

~TR
Re: Multiple Power Outage At The Home Depot, UTAH, Leaves Associates Lacking! by glathis(f): 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2022
Welcome back to Home Depot Terrors!

In this episode, be weary. Some content may make you… scream.

Just when you think you’re safe, the world is set to prove you wrong. Come, join us in our fortress of concrete and steel, where you will find

Flickering lights

Faulty computers

Sketchy phone lines

Worthless microwaves

Not-usable drinking fountains

Agitated customers

Frazzled associates

Desperate people

And much much more!

You may think you’re prepared with your battery powered iPad, fully charged phones, and full water bottles, but we warn you

it’s not enough.

Bathrooms dark, lunch cold, no workable systems, and so much more.

Eventually, your batteries will die, your water and food consumed, and you will have to pee in the dark!

Join us, if you dare.

Re: Multiple Power Outage At The Home Depot, UTAH, Leaves Associates Lacking! by glathis(f): 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
Haunted Machines Speak Up!

Sandy Home Depot, a location of darkness and mystery, reported dead machinery coming to life!

“It was right next to me,” Specialty Supervisor, Glathis said to us earlier today. “I was just sitting there and it did that thing, you know the beep, wwwwhirrrrrr that some machines do? I look over and it’s all lit up, like it opened its eyes or something! Really freaked me out.”

Shortly after, machines all over the store clicked, beeped, and hummed to life. Printers, computers, phones, and especially lights!

Overhead systems activated, playing fun and catchy music. Computers started functioning normally, and everyone could see clearer than they had in ages (hours)!

“It was about time,” a hardware associate could be heard telling his coworker. “I was ready to call it quits!”

With relief, many associates got back to work, happy to have their best friend, power, back.

Though some will miss the dark, it seems this is one issue finally resolved and proven:

Zombie computers exist.

Join us in our next segment: Computer Viruses - Contagious to Humans?

See you next time!
~TR
Re: Multiple Power Outage At The Home Depot, UTAH, Leaves Associates Lacking! by Xenisha: 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Actually, I have two complaints. My fridge went out and I went to home depot on Cascade in Atlanta to purchase another one. It's going to take them three weeks just to deliver it. Shame on you Home Depot. In the mean time I'm living out of a cooler. My second complaint. Customer service is awful. First off, it took someone about 10-15 minutes to answer the telephone. Then when it was finally answered the chick said "Hello". I hung up and called again and she said it again. Boo, that is a business not your home. Also, that's a business phone not your personal cell phone.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Accounts Needed For Adverts And Ecormerce / Doordash Companies Reviews? / How To Work In Tech Without Technical Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.