Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,180 members, 7,780,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:20 AM

What's The Function Of This Structure Please? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Function Of This Structure Please? (3979 Views)

Guess: This Structure Grows Taller During Summer / Wrong Teaching Of The Function Of Head In Our Primary Schools / Can You Find The Problem With This Structure ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Herodutus(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2022
I often see this structure in every major city I have been to in Nigeria.

Each time I do wonder what the function may be, given the fact that it must have cost a lot of money to erect it.

Can someone tell me what its used for please

7 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by sinkhole: 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
Water Storage!

14 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by allswellis(m): 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
I do see it in Uyo

3 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Efulefu(f): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
I need to know tooo....

But I think it will be used to kill government thieves grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by AJOBI77(m): 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
grin
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Benbisco(f): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
It for water storage, back in the day when water was one of the things citizens enjoyed from the government.

These days if you no sink your borehole.........

11 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by GuyFawkes7: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2022
in Benin City, it can be seen at Aduwawa/Ikpoba hill axis

My 2 cents tho

3 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by DKM123: 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
Water reservoir.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Nbote(m): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
It used to be for water storage. Country don dabaru since then

6 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2022
Herodutus:
I often see this structure in every major city I have been to in Nigeria.

Each time I do wonder what the function may be, given the fact that it must have cost a lot of money to erect it.

Can someone tell me what its used for please

Along goodluck ebele bolevard,presco road, abakaliki right?
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by sinkhole: 4:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
Benbisco:
It for water storage, back in the day when water was one of the things citizens enjoyed from the government.

These days if you no sink your borehole.........
Nigeria has gone really down, so much down that citizens do not even know what is meant by government services again!
As you said, in the days gone by when public water system works, who wouldn't have known the usefulness of this water reservoir.
In my own town, we have one that is cylindrical in shape with a yellow scale beside it. When the scale marker is down, you know that, very soon water will flow! But now they are monuments that our children do not even know their usage again embarassed

27 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by ForestHill: 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
If it breaks what will happen?
What's the implication?
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by respect80(m): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
Na indomie company.
There are about 2 here in PH sef
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Amos1423(m): 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2022
That's the structure of the States water company that provides water to its environ. BTW even without making any input to our individuals source of getting water, people are still being enlisted as staffs under the ministry of mineral resources, both the workers as and minister is being paid from government cophers for doing entirely nothing.

12 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
Looks like a reservoir

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Robisky001(m): 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
Water tanks. This was when Nigeria was actually working back in the 1880s, not now that the government can't even provide basic needs like water let alone infrastructures.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Malory: 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2022
sinkhole:
Nigeria has gone really down, so much down that citizens do not even know what is meant by government services again!
As you said, in the days gone by when public water system works, who wouldn't have known the usefulness of this water reservoir.
In my own town, we have one that is cylindrical in shape with a yellow scale beside it. When the scale marker is down, you know that, very soon water will flow! But now they are monuments that our children do not even know their usage again embarassed
Nigeria is gone

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by foxxydude: 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2022
GuyFawkes7:
in Benin City, it can be seen at Aduwawa/Ikpoba hill axis

My 2 cents tho

1 along Esigie st off MM way
2 Federal road off Okhoro road
3 Lawani junction by New Lagos road

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by danielistics(m): 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
It's water reservoir, it's placed up because as the water is falling from that height, it generates enough energy from easy distribution of water .

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by PrinceJoeWan(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
Sometimes, I wonder if there's hope for this country?

Malory:
Nigeria is gone

2 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by BItt: 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
its a silos and asllo support water system
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by BigDawsNet: 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2022
We hav something like this in LA

We call it Water tower, need to be tall in order to provide sufficient hydrostatic pressure to deliver the water to the buildings that need it...

You will find this across the States and county...
We don't hav bohole here or well for private use unless your hava farm

3 Likes

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by arthurwillia(m): 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
I do see this at iju ishaga
Chai
Sonirs just wasting now or what?

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Moneyboyz: 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2022
There is one in sango Ota. Most of these structures are abandoned, never completed.

There are shit tons of abandoned projects in Nigeria.
Not due to lack of funds but corruption because most of these have been fully paid for.

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by silibaba: 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Reservoir. we have one in Festac Town 22road, but n longer functioning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
We have one in Asaba too, Ogbeogonogo to be precise.

But nothing come out again
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by ItsGoodToBeGood: 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
Moneyboyz:
There is one in sango Ota. Most of these structures are abandoned, never completed.

There are shit tons of abandoned projects in Nigeria.
Not due to lack of funds but corruption because most of these have been fully paid for.

Peter Obi is the solution

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Harrykn: 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2022
Water board ??
That is where Tinubu offloads his bullion van.
Can’t you how tall it is? And it’s made is iron and concrete.
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Maxxim: 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
I've always questioned it's purpose too, used to see one at Ewekoro ony way back from my home town
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by wiseone28: 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2022
Aqua Tower

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by idris646(m): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2022
Aqua tower or just water reservoir.
we all saw it as a large torch light when we were young tho.

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by sekzy99(m): 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hello there,

Have you always wanted to learn some coding skills, but can’t seem to find the right program and motivation. Not to worry.
You can now join our Coding Training Program, and get trained for FREE and you can earn extra income as a coding instructor.

Start Date: June 20th, 2022
Register Here: https://forms.gle/vqzVdYwcTfzR4m286

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest On Oou Post Ume / Unaab's 3rd Batch List / Who Recommended This Textbook To Students - PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.