Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

What's The Function Of This Structure Please? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Function Of This Structure Please? (4009 Views)

Guess: This Structure Grows Taller During Summer / Wrong Teaching Of The Function Of Head In Our Primary Schools / Can You Find The Problem With This Structure ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by lekkicctv(m): 12:57am On Jun 05, 2022
Nice one @OP
Saw one at Ijebu Ode, Ogun State (Far top-right-hand-side Picture #1) you can see it along the Ore-Sagamu expressway

There's another at Ifo, Ogun State as well as a very wide type at Iju Ishaga, Lagos State (Picture #2)

Learnt back then as we were growing up that it contains pipes for providing public water to the whole neighborhood.

We once had some pipes (very big ones) along our community - Balogun Rd, Iju. With water supply into each compound.

Each house pays a monthly fee to Iju Water Works until a time we weren't getting again.

So, we subscribed to the water tankers and then gradually people too started digging up boreholes for private n commercial use.

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Tallesty1(m): 4:11am On Jun 05, 2022
This is the funnel that eath gods use to channel water to their underground tanks.
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Vulcanheph(m): 6:50am On Jun 05, 2022
I remember asking my Mom what there were for as a kid and she would tell me that it's water reservoir used to store water.
I know of 3 in the city were I grew up (you'll have to guess the city I'm talking about)

1. Somewhere between Ediba Road and Marian.
2. Along Diamond hill, close to tank road.
3. Close to M/M High way and can be seen from RCC Junction.
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Bellfun(m): 7:01am On Jun 05, 2022
Amos1423:
That's the structure of the States water company that provides water to its environ. BTW even without making any input to our individuals source of getting water, people are still being enlisted as staffs under the ministry of mineral resources, both the workers as and minister is being paid from government cophers for doing entirely nothing.

Govt fraud!

Too many redundant or moribund agencies still receiving 'budgetary allocation' whilst doing nothing!!

Nigerian civil service is filled with evil Deacons and Alhajis...
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by GuyFawkes7: 7:09am On Jun 05, 2022
foxxydude:

1 along Esigie st off MM way
2 Federal road off Okhoro road
3 Lawani junction by New Lagos road

Fellow Edolite sighted wink smiley

1 Like

Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by Coly2012(m): 10:28am On Jun 05, 2022
It's used by water board back in the days when water board was function to store and distributor water,na so them tell me when I asked back then about the one at federal road okhoro benin.
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by mostob(m): 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2022
GuyFawkes7:
in Benin City, it can be seen at Aduwawa/Ikpoba hill axis

My 2 cents tho
Yea...I often see it anytime I'm passing through the area.

Please boss, I sent you a DM
Re: What's The Function Of This Structure Please? by sekzy99(m): 10:18am On Jun 09, 2022
sekzy99:
Hello there,

Have you always wanted to learn some coding skills, but can’t seem to find the right program and motivation. Not to worry.
You can now join our Coding Training Program, and get trained for FREE and you can earn extra income as a coding instructor.

Start Date: June 20th, 2022
Register Here: https://forms.gle/vqzVdYwcTfzR4m286

(1) (2) (Reply)

IVC 2018/2019 Scholarship Ongoing / Sample Of A Study Leave Letter / Top 10 Inspirational Pictures That Can Change Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.