Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help (5098 Views)

Egypt (cairo) , Kenya (nairobi) Or Mauritius? / Kenya Stowaway Falls Off KQ Flight From Nairobi To London / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2022
One of the major reasons I want to relocate to Nairobi is because of Better electricity, i heard it's constant, their culture is very interesting to me, the matatu buses, their food. Actually the main reason is just electricity, and new environment.

However I don't have any friends in Kenya, I can lodge in a hotel for at least 7 days if I get there while I look for a house and pay for it immediately. Please if you're in Nairobi or Kenya, please give me some. feedbacks.

How is electricity? How much is rent? What is the minimum wage in Kenya, I earn in Dollars, I am a successful freelancer.

How much does Visa cost?

What are the things I need to know?

Are the women sweet and sexy too?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2022
is it because of the sexy ass you are going there (sha no go Bleep drug dealer gf) or na still this same they go post ( meet the man that was killed with a gun (graphic photo)

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Cleveraustine01(m): 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
Am in Kenya
Victoronah1:
One of the major reasons I want to relocate to Nairobi is because of Better electricity, i heard it's constant, their culture is very interesting to me, the matatu buses, their food. Actually the main reason is just electricity, and new environment.

However I don't have any friends in Kenya, I can lodge in a hotel for at least 7 days if I get there while I look for a house and pay for it immediately. Please if you're in Nairobi or Kenya, please give me some. feedbacks.

How is electricity? How much is rent? What is the minimum wage in Kenya, I earn in Dollars, I am a successful freelancer.

How much does Visa cost?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by darkstar6971(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
WhatsApp me for better advice +256783870204
Victoronah1:

How much does Visa cost?

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2022
Ferrytech:
is it because of the sexy ass you are going there (sha no go Bleep drug dealer gf) or na still this same they go post ( meet the man that was killed with a gun (graphic photo)
lol. Not because of girls oo, I need a better living than Nigeria, however I will like to have a Kenyan babe too. But let me settle first
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by obiekunie01: 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
but seriously ba?

WHY IS IT ONLY NIGERIANS THAT RUN TO OTHER COUNTRY TO HUSTLE?

I have never seen a kenyan, zambian, Zimbabweans, south-africans, etc hustling in Nigeria.

SHAMELESS POLITICIANS!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2022
obiekunie01:
but seriously ba?

I have never seen a kenyan, zambian, Zimbabweans, south-africans, etc hustling in Nigeria.

SHAMELESS POLITICIANS!
bro, it's bad abeg. I work online, with a company, I have been suffering, from very low internet speed to lack of electricity, sometimes I will be in the middle of an interview and Boom black out. Chaiii. I've lost contract because of electricity, fuel go finish before I go run buy, deadline has passed
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2022
Cleveraustine01:
Am in Kenya
care to help me out?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Alberta123: 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2022
Victoronah1:
bro, it's bad abeg. I work online, with a company, I have been suffering, from very low internet speed to lack of electricity, sometimes I will be in the middle of an interview and Boom black out. Chaiii. I've lost contract because of electricity, fuel go finish before I go run buy, deadline has passed

Get yourself an inverter.

400k inverter that uses light and solar to charge will serve you for 24 hours.

No serious person should complain about light in this current era.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2022
Alberta123:

inverter cannot carry my Air-conditioning. Who told you I didn't try this? It's pointless. I'll rather use that 400k and get visa and ticket to Kenya

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by obiekunie01: 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2022
Victoronah1:

very sad.

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by obiekunie01: 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Alberta123:

dumb comment.

15 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2022
Cleveraustine01:
Am in Kenya
how did you migrate?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Cleveraustine01(m): 2:51am On Jun 05, 2022
Through flight
Visa on arrival, I stay in Nairobi , house fee is very expenses you pay monthly ,get someone to squart you
Victoronah1:
how did you migrate?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 2:58am On Jun 05, 2022
Cleveraustine01:
Through flight
Visa on arrival, I stay in Nairobi , house fee is very expenses you pay monthly ,get someone to squart you
I am financially bouyant to pay for a house for 1 year, that's not my problem. They now offer e-visa.

Which car is common there? I own a Benz here, and I was thinking of I will sell it and buy there. Or just leave it here for my parents

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by oluayebenz: 5:09am On Jun 05, 2022
obiekunie01:
but seriously ba?

SHAMELESS POLITICIANS!

Indians, Chinese and many more are all over the places, not only Nigerians.

Most of the citizens of African countries you mentioned cannot afford it.

Nigerians will be buoyant enough but will still be looking for bekun bekun grin

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by oluayebenz: 5:13am On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:

How much does Visa cost?

Get your yellow card and book your ticket, on getting to Nairobi..... you will be issued visa on arrival.

Yes electricity is stable and meanwhile power is not cheap, same as house. You pay monthly which is not cheap.

Since you claim to be financially buoyant then you are good.

Make sure you hold plenty dollars
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by oluayebenz: 5:17am On Jun 05, 2022
Alberta123:

400k inverter won't deliver thou

Can someone who is financially ok be complaining of electricity?

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 9:49am On Jun 05, 2022
oluayebenz:

Get your yellow card and book your ticket, on getting to Nairobi..... you will be issued visa on arrival.

Yes electricity is stable and meanwhile power is not cheap, same as house. You pay monthly which is not cheap.

house is almost the same price here in Nigeria. I had a friend who told me that house costs 8000 KES for a self con, which is about 28500 naira here, and that's about 350k for a self-contained. In Lagos houses go for about 600k. I don't see house as expensive paradise n Nairobi unless there is something else hidden? Where I am living currently is about 67,000 naira a month which is about 19,000 KES or 20,000 KES on a max. Going to Jumia, a gas cooker is about 23,000 KES. It's almost same price in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 10:01am On Jun 05, 2022
oluayebenz:

400k inverter won't deliver thou

Can someone who is financially ok be complaining of electricity?
oga, there are so many factors people relocate. Electricity, security, and sense of acceptance could be the reason. I can't drive my Benz here in peace without police always stopping me to harass me and think I can't buy a car. Who does that? At a point police officers told me to enter my car so they can search me in the bush. In this country. All because I drive a Mercedes. Lot of corruption, my prepaid metre reads twice, at a point I complained they took my metre and refused to return it, and put me on monthly billing, these guys will bring any amount they want, in 24 hrs I only get 6 hrs of light, sometimes 3 hrs. After shouting and calling people I know, they brought it back, and it started reading three times more. you won't understand. I bought solar inverter 700k, last year, I was still using NEPA light to charge it. Sometimes I go use gen because sun no dey come out during rainy season. Since yester it has been raining, no light, but I have inverter, but na gen I dey use. You won't understand, I have alot of clients, I need to deliver my projects every 24 hrs, any interruption with electricity ruined my life. My desktop is an expensive one, my Rtx 3070 chops power like madt, explaining all these things is long story. The bottom line is I have tried everything possible. If you think solar is that good, why don't Americans who do it disconnect their electricity and use solar? Nothing beats normal electricity

24 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Victoronah1: 10:19am On Jun 05, 2022
oluayebenz:

I heard they don't offer visa on arrival anymore that, you need to get an E-Visa?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by oluayebenz: 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:
house is almost the same price here in Nigeria. I had a friend who told me that house costs 8000 KES for a self con, which is about 28500 naira here, and that's about 350k for a self-contained. In Lagos houses go for about 600k. I don't see house as expensive paradise n Nairobi unless there is something else hidden? Where I am living currently is about 67,000 naira a month which is about 19,000 KES or 20,000 KES on a max. Going to Jumia, a gas cooker is about 23,000 KES. It's almost same price in Nigeria.

Lemme tell you bro.
House of KES 8000 will be in rural and won't offer you all the amenities you need.

House is never cheap in Nairobi.

Just make sure you hold plenty dollars.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by oluayebenz: 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:
I heard they don't offer visa on arrival anymore that, you need to get an E-Visa?

That's not true.

Kenya visa on arrival is still available, just make sure you have a confirmed hotel reservation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by oluayebenz: 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:
oga, there are so many factors people relocate. Electricity, security, and sense of acceptance could be the reason. I can't drive my Benz here in peace without police always stopping me to harass me and think I can't buy a car. Who does that? At a point police officers told me to enter my car so they can search me in the bush. In this country. All because I drive a Mercedes. Lot of corruption, my prepaid metre reads twice, at a point I complained they took my metre and refused to return it, and put me on monthly billing, these guys will bring any amount they want, in 24 hrs I only get 6 hrs of light, sometimes 3 hrs. After shouting and calling people I know, they brought it back, and it started reading three times more. you won't understand. I bought solar inverter 700k, last year, I was still using NEPA light to charge it. Sometimes I go use gen because sun no dey come out during rainy season. Since yester it has been raining, no light, but I have inverter, but na gen I dey use. You won't understand, I have alot of clients, I need to deliver my projects every 24 hrs, any interruption with electricity ruined my life. My desktop is an expensive one, my Rtx 3070 chops power like madt, explaining all these things is long story. The bottom line is I have tried everything possible. If you think solar is that good, why don't Americans who do it disconnect their electricity and use solar? Nothing beats normal electricity

But it was you that said your main reason of relocation is electricity.

Good luck to you bro
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Mindlog: 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:

+Get your hotel reservation
-Apply online for e-visa
-Get your yellow card.
-Confirm if Kenya still requires covid test results.
-Within 3/4 days of staying in a hotel in Nairobi, you should get a cool bedsitter of between 10,000ksh-12,000ksh (would suggest somewhere in Rongai near Africa Nazarene University).

I will suggest you apply for a degree/Masters program in that University for September admission and opt for online classes only to show up on campus for end of the trimester exams.

Being a student, would give you the opportunity to regularize your stay there while you freelance as against being on tourist visa, renewing on the long run would be more expensive.

Your studentship would make the University apply for Pupil pass (student visa) on your behalf, the University would issue you cover letter to facilitate you opening a Kenyan bank account, getting a Tax Pin and your Alien ID.

Being a student who minds his business and keep it low, Kenyan police and immigration officers are less likely to look your way.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by DummyAcc: 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2022
Victoronah1:

How much does Visa cost?

I am also planning to relocate to kenya but i need to settle the issue of earning remotely. i am a professional golang developer and this is where i have a problem. how do i earn?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by cutieme(m): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2022
Mindlog:

+Get your hotel reservation
-Apply online for e-visa
-Get your yellow card.
-Confirm if Kenya still requires covid test results.
-Within 3/4 days of staying in a hotel in Nairobi, you should get a cool bedsitter of between 10,000ksh-12,000ksh (would suggest somewhere in Rongai near Africa Nazarene University).
How much is tuition fees in the said school and how do one go about getting admission there?

I will suggest you apply for a degree/Masters program in that University for September admission and opt for online classes only to show up on campus for end of the trimester exams.

Being a student, would give you the opportunity to regularize your stay there while you freelance as against being on tourist visa, renewing on the long run would be more expensive.

Your studentship would make the University apply for Pupil pass (student visa) on your behalf, the University would issue you cover letter to facilitate you opening a Kenyan bank account, getting a Tax Pin and your Alien ID.

Being a student who minds his business and keep it low, Kenyan police and immigration officers are less likely to look your way.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Goodman247: 11:17am On Jun 06, 2022
Ferrytech:
grin grin
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by Goodman247: 11:22am On Jun 06, 2022
Be careful about the kind of Nigerians you associate with, so that they dt defraud you or put you in trouble, be a good ambassador of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by OboMike: 11:36am On Jun 26, 2022
Hi, yes it is true that Kenya have constant electricity and the Nairobi city very cold especially in the evenings and early hours of the mornings. Before you travel be sure to have an in-depth travel purpose beyond the electricity supply. If you need any further advice you can whats app me on +254703381522.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by coretechng1(m): 4:53am On Jul 31, 2022
Victoronah1:
Solar system will solve your electricity problem.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Kenya Nairobi And I Will Need Help by coretechng1(m): 4:58am On Jul 31, 2022
Victoronah1:
How many panels do you have on your roof?
700k solar won't help u.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Admissions into Romania Top University / Fun Things To Do At Lekki Conservation Center / 10 Easiest Countries For Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.