Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? (1452 Views)

USDT Is Not The Same As US Dollar / How Can I Get Back My Gtbank Account,i Lost The Phone Number And Email Address / I Want To Credit My Gtbank Dollar (dorms) Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by mediclife1987(m): 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hello guys. I'm trying to start saving in dollars and already have a US Dollar Dorm account.

Problem is I need some gurus here to tell me how to go about it.

I've once called a GTBank customer care service and the woman was even sort of discouraging me from the product of her own bank!!!

I'll appreciate any clear explanation on how to go about it as I want to be converting 250k/month to dollars to save in my Dorm account.

I'll prefer if I can even lock it up sef, so I won't be able to touch it no matter how much I need it...

I'm already on Cowrywise but savings in Naira dey fear me the way dollar dey do Usain Bolt for Naira

Thanks guys.
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by Hezzyluv: 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
mediclife1987:
Hello guys. I'm trying to start saving in dollars and already have a US Dollar Dorm account.

I've once called a GTBank customer care service and the woman was even sort of discouraging me from the product of her own bank!!!

I'll appreciate any clear explanation on how to go about it as I want to be converting 250k/month to dollars to save in my Dorm account.

I'll prefer if I can even lock it up sef, so I won't be able to touch it no matter how much I need it...

I'm already on Cowrywise but savings in Naira dey fear me the way dollar dey do Usain Bolt for Naira

Thanks guys.

Continue your savings in naira, disparity between dollar and naira no go last forever.
You can still save in dollar too.
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by mediclife1987(m): 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Continue your savings in naira, disparity between dollar and naira no go last forever.
You can still save in dollar too.

You didn't answer my question sir.

How do I go about it. And you're wrong, the disparity would last forever. You can take that to the bank.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by castro316: 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
Open binance and keep it there as usdt
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by Investorozay: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
castro316:

Busd safer
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by LordAdam16: 8:53am On Jun 05, 2022
mediclife1987:

You didn't answer my question sir.

How do I go about it. And you're wrong, the disparity would last forever. You can take that to the bank.

castro316:

Investorozay:

Busd safer

USDC is safer.

A USDT collapse will be cataclysmic. It is a GSIC.
The US and regulatory authorities in several other jurisdictions have been going after Binance, so a BUSD collapse is still a possibility, albeit very slim.

The best option is to spread holdings in the top 3 (or 5) stables--USDT, USDC, BUSD. And store them in a physical, hard wallet.

That said, there's nothing wrong with holding foreign currencies in a dorm account. Ultimately, it's safer and better insured. Fees and charges are the only major concern. Current transfer and usage restrictions are temporary.

-Lord
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by Codeye(m): 9:05am On Jun 05, 2022
mediclife1987:

Thanks guys.
Wise move. Banks don't sell dollars but they can collect from you as deposits in your domi acct. I made the move as well this week, converted my heritage savings to dollar acct. Now, this is what I do to get dollar at a cheap rate to deposit in my account. I buy PayPal fund which is dollars, transfer it to my domic account directly, that way it cheap and easy. To do this I can help set up PayPal account, also will help you link it to your domic account. And sell you some dollars for a start. Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by SavageResponse(m): 10:26am On Jun 05, 2022
mediclife1987:

Thanks guys.

I have had a USD dom account in GTBank for over 10 years and I can tell you authoritatively that there are no monthly charges on it.

You only pay a negligible charge of about 0.15% on withdrawals you make.

Just go to any GTBank branch and ask for a form to open a dom account. The process is smooth, the only difficulty you might face is getting two people who also have dom accounts who will act as references for you.

When you want to fund it you just go Hausa guys who sell Dollars to buy then pay into your account. Make sure you only buy from the ones who have offices in the market, on no account should you ever buy or sell Dollar from the guys who sell by the roadside!

Please keep the fact that you have a dom account secret, it's not something you should go around broadcasting to family and friends!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by kenniefawole(m): 10:41am On Jun 05, 2022
mediclife1987:

Thanks guys.

I will be Back

1 Like

Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by mediclife1987(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2022
Codeye:

Wise move. Banks don't sell dollars but they can collect from you as deposits in your domi acct. I made the move as well this week, converted my heritage savings to dollar acct. Now, this is what I do to get dollar at a cheap rate to deposit in my account. I buy PayPal fund which is dollars, transfer it to my domic account directly, that way it cheap and easy. To do this I can help set up PayPal account, also will help you link it to your domic account. And sell you some dollars for a start. Check my signature.

Hmm, this route dey fear me oh...
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by mediclife1987(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2022
SavageResponse:

I have had a USD dom account in GTBank for over 10 years and I can tell you authoritatively that there are no monthly charges on it.

You only pay a negligible charge of about 0.15% on withdrawals you make.

Just go to any GTBank branch and ask for a form to open a dom account. The process is smooth, the only difficulty you might face is getting two people who also have dom accounts who will act as references for you.

When you want to fund it you just go Hausa guys who sell Dollars to buy then pay into your account. Make sure you only buy from the ones who have offices in the market, on no account should you ever buy or sell Dollar from the guys who sell by the roadside!

Please keep the fact that you have a dom account secret, it's not something you should go around broadcasting to family and friends!

I already got a dorm account. So the sure way to fund my dorm account is via Aboki channels right? Someone up there was saying something about PayPal method, bit I'm kinda wary about it sha.
Why the bolded tho
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by mediclife1987(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2022
kenniefawole:

I will be Back

Alright, chilling for ya...
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by Codeye(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
mediclife1987:

Hmm, this route dey fear me oh...
you don't have shi shi jare! Na Cruise you dey.catch

1 Like

Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by SavageResponse(m): 6:40am On Jun 06, 2022
mediclife1987:

I already got a dorm account. So the sure way to fund my dorm account is via Aboki channels right? Someone up there was saying something about PayPal method, bit I'm kinda wary about it sha.
Why the bolded tho

Just be aware that there are different classes of Dom accounts; for instance there are is a class that can only receive electronic funds transfer while there are some that can only receive cash deposit.

With regards to Paypal funds and other related electronic funds you need to know that if stolen funds are transfered to your Dom account you could get into serious trouble therefore you should not agree to receive direct transfer except you absolutely trust the sender.

It's not a good idea to go around telling people you have a Dom account cos doing that could compromise your safety
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by mediclife1987(m): 7:53am On Jun 06, 2022
SavageResponse:

Just be aware that there are different classes of Dom accounts; for instance there are is a class that can only receive electronic funds transfer while there are some that can only receive cash deposit.

With regards to Paypal funds and other related electronic funds you need to know that if stolen funds are transfered to your Dom account you could get into serious trouble therefore you should not agree to receive direct transfer except you absolutely trust the sender.

It's not a good idea to go around telling people you have a Dom account cos doing that could compromise your safety

Lols, how would when all I have in there is $0?
I use a GTBank USD Don account and this is a picture of how it looks like?

Do I have to ask my account managers what class of Dom account I have or can you help guess from this picture?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by JhyMedex: 4:50pm On Jan 06
Codeye:

Bro.. Do you still offer this service?
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by Codeye(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06
JhyMedex:

Bro.. Do you still offer this service?
Yes.
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by JhyMedex: 4:59pm On Jan 06
Codeye:

Yes.
okay .. can you explain further how it goes?
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by Codeye(m): 6:10pm On Jan 06
JhyMedex:
okay .. can you explain further how it goes?
It's nothing, just get dollar from PayPal to Domi account.
I have help fund dollar account or help create PayPal at a cost and rate.
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by JhyMedex: 8:17pm On Jan 06
Codeye:

It's nothing, just get dollar from PayPal to Domi account.
I have help fund dollar account or help create PayPal at a cost and rate.

Okay. Maybe some other time.
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by kenniefawole(m): 12:31pm On Jan 08
mediclife1987:

Thanks guys.

I just hope this OP did this , he should be rich by now
Re: How Can I Utilize My Gtbank US Dollar Domiciliary Account For Savings? by Akposkiz: 9:34pm On Jan 08
Why not use binance to save in dollar!

(1) (Reply)

Karakataonline.com - Investor Tools For The Nigerian Stock Market / Understanding Stocks And Shares - Can The Share Market Make Me Rich? / Whats The Best Investment Or Business To Start With 3M Naira Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.