Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North (1665 Views)

Fayose Says He Will Only Support A Southern President In 2023 / 2023: We Insist On Southern President, Not Yoruba President –afenifere / 2023: Top Northern Politicians Pushing For Southern President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by bahaushe1: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
I don't think 10 Governors can come to a conclusion to back southern candidate so that Atiku could win. Nigerian politicians are driven by self interest. For most of them it is better to have an APC southern president than a PDP northern president.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by garfield1: 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
rolams:

Wrong calculation! Kwakwaso may step down for Atiku ooo. Atiku will win all these states. Sokoto, Kastina, Zamfara, Yobe, Kebbi, Niger, Kogi and Kwara State. I can bet it with you.

If kwankwaso was to step down for atiku,he wouldn't have left pdp and he would not make kano delegates to vote wike...kwankwaso supporters are mainly in kano.they either vote kwankwaso or whoever is affiliated to buhari.they will never touch pdp...

They are two types of States in the core north.the buharified and non buharified states.non buharified states are liberal and can vote anybody.states like sokoto,gombe,Kaduna and to an extent jigawa and Niger.atiku can win here narrowly.buharified states are borno,yobe bauchi,kebbi,zamfara,kano,katsina.they can never vote pdp.they vote buhari or anything affiliated to buhari.sentiments of buhari not being on the ballot doesn't hold sway after all even when bye elections are held there,apc still win.these states gives bloc votes which will bury atiku
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by garfield1: 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2022
bahaushe1:
I don't think 10 Governors can come to a conclusion to back southern candidate so that Atiku could win. Nigerian politicians are driven by self interest. For most of them it is better to have an APC southern president than a PDP northern president.

Or.a northern president that will later hound them?

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by bahaushe1: 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2022
garfield1:

Or.a northern president that will later hound them?

Exactly!
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by garfield1: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2022
kponkedenge:

The deciding states that gave Buhari the victory was the miracles figures from Kano, Katsina and Kaduna. If the margins were closer, Atiku could have won.

I believed if you have removed those three states, Atiku would have won.

That is not true.there is nothing miraculous about those votes.it is consistent with what he has been getting from 2003.it was expected.kano has 5 million voters and gave buhari 1.4 million,katsina has 3.5 million and gave 1.2 million.compared to other years,they under voted.. Total margin buhari garnered in those three states are 2.3 million and if you removed it from the 4 million winning margin,buhari still won.what killed atiku is not just the north,he also failed to get bloc votes in ss/se..in 2023,atiku would still get lower votes here as obi will win south east.the sw/nc would likely be the decider and tinubu has the advantage here.kwara is more or less Yoruba and would always prefer a tinubu
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by kponkedenge(m): 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2022
garfield1:

That is not true.there is nothing miraculous about those votes.it is consistent with what he has been getting from 2003.it was expected.kano has 5 million voters and gave buhari 1.4 million,katsina has 3.5 million and gave 1.2 million.compared to other years,they under voted.. Total margin buhari garnered in those three states are 2.3 million and if you removed it from the 4 million winning margin,buhari still won.what killed atiku is not just the north,he also failed to get bloc votes in ss/se..in 2023,atiku would still get lower votes here as obi will win south east.the sw/nc would likely be the decider and tinubu has the advantage here.kwara is more or less Yoruba and would always prefer a tinubu

The 5 million voters you mentioned about Kano is quite debatable, considering there are a lot of underage voters being registered in the North.

With all the population (Over 20 million) and number of registered voters in Lagos, just a little above a million people voted in 2015. (Buhari had over 700k votes to Jonathan's 600k), and it was even lesser in 2019.

I've never been to Kano, but I seriously doubt the authenticity of their voting strength. I still believe they are miracle numbers.
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by garfield1: 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2022
kponkedenge:

The 5 million voters you mentioned about Kano is quite debatable, considering there are a lot of underage voters being registered in the North.

With all the population (Over 20 million) and number of registered voters in Lagos, just a little above a million people voted in 2015. (Buhari had over 700k votes to Atiku's 600k), and it was even lesser in 2019.

I've never been to Kano, but I seriously doubt the authenticity of their voting strength. I still believe they are miracle numbers.

Someone like you can't win a case in court. You have never been to kano but you doubt their voting power...after lagos,kano is next in population.kano as a city has existed far longer than lagos.long before the British came to lagos,kano was an international trading centre,a big city in west Africa.majority of the people in kano are indigenes while majority of the people in lagos are non indigenes so how do you expect same voting turnout? Look at rivers,they have less population than lagos but produce more votes.in 2003,rivers gave pdp 2 million votes the highest ever out of 2.2 million voters.how manage...

The underage voting report is over exaggerated like all the bad stories about the north.they are not up to 100,000 if you want to count.in 2019 elections,underage voters were videod in ebonyi state...atiku cannot win this except APC fail go fill a yoruba
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by ImmaculateJOE(m): 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2022
rolams:

Wrong calculation! Kwakwaso may step down for Atiku ooo. Atiku will win all these states. Sokoto, Kastina, Zamfara, Yobe, Kebbi, Niger, Kogi and Kwara State. I can bet it with you.
Atiku will win Kogi, Kwara..?

Talk another thing abeg.
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by popp(m): 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kenmatt:
Greetings to you all.

I am actually get nervous by the trending news we are all getting, how eleven Northern Governors and their remaining counterparts from the same North are supporting Southern President as we have all seen the President, in the person of my Buhari has geared towards sticking to the "Gentleman's agreement" of 2015; returning Power to the South.

Why am I really not comfortable with this really?

Any of the Politicians who emerges as APC Flag bearer to contest the 2023 election among these three men, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Proff. Yemi Osibanj and Rt Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amechi, as these are the top guns in the race. Will definitely share the votes with Mr. Peter Obi of Labour Party.

Yes, Obi is creating faction/Camp in the entire South, which East is inclusive. The bitter truth remains that Mr Obi, whom I love so much, can not win this election via Labour Party and the North know this.

This is the core reason it seems as if they are in support for Southern President, which will paved way for Atiku of PDP to cling to Power in relation to the massive votes he will get from the entire North unopposed.

There by coming down to the South to pick a running mate which is cancerous to the hope and aspirations of the South/East to chill at the exalted seat in As Rock through the Platform of APC or LP.

What is my verdict?

We need one voice.
we need one vote.

Obi should step down let's move this notion forward.

It's a high time we all stopped playing ethnic Politics, it's a time we said no to religious one too.

Labour Party is not going to pose huge threat in this forth coming election, this is not social media thing, votes are casted and counted on ground and not online.

It would have been great Obi joined forces with any body that emerges from the APC and make sure Power gets to the South.

Be that as it may, APGA which is the Primary Political Party of Mr Peter Obi is an opposite Party to PDP.
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by AminuRano87(m): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kenmatt:
Greetings to you all.

I am actually get nervous by the trending news we are all getting, how eleven Northern Governors and their remaining counterparts from the same North are supporting Southern President as we have all seen the President, in the person of Muhammad Buhari has geared towards sticking to the "Gentleman's agreement" of 2015; returning Power to the South.

Why am I really not comfortable with this really?

Any of the Politicians who emerges as APC Flag bearer to contest the 2023 election among these three men, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Proff. Yemi Osibanj and Rt Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amechi, as these are the top guns in the race. Will definitely share the votes with Mr. Peter Obi of Labour Party.

Yes, Obi is creating faction/Camp in the entire South, which East is inclusive. The bitter truth remains that Mr Obi, whom I love so much, can not win this election via Labour Party and the North know this.

This is the core reason it seems as if they are in support for Southern President, which will paved way for Atiku of PDP to cling to Power in relation to the massive votes he will get from the entire North unopposed.

There by coming down to the South to pick a running mate which is cancerous to the hope and aspirations of the South/East to chill at the exalted seat in As Rock through the Platform of APC or LP.

What is my verdict?

We need one voice.
we need one vote.

The way Obi will reduce PDP votes in the south, Kwankwaso will do more harm to Atiku and PDP in the entire North. Therefore APC will win 2023 elections.
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by AminuRano87(m): 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2022
bahaushe1:
These people think northerner only vote their own. They forgot that we voted for MKO Abiola, Obasanjo and Jonathan 2011

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by starstaz(m): 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

You are still a kindergarten in Nigeria Politics. The North value Religion and Tribe more than any political party. In a free and fair election, Tinubu is the only APC Southern candidate that can retain most of the Northern States that you mentioned.
Unfortunately, he is corrupt and Buhari does not want him. That is the APC dilemma. If Osinbajo or Ameachi has what it takes to defeat Atiku and Kwankwaso in those northern states then APC will not be confuse presently.
Funny people abound. It's only BAT that is corrupt in this country. Only him. LMFAO. Someone who is out of government for the last 15 years. Was he in government when P.M Cameroon told the queen in the presence of Shelby - that Nigeria is fantastically corrupt. Who was the president then. Check your archive. One advice, do not allow hatred killed us. We can campaign for our trusted candidate but not at the detriment of pushing calumny into the airspace. Head or tail, me and you will not lead this government. It will still be one of APC or PDP.
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by rolams(m): 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:

Atiku will win Kogi, Kwara..?

Talk another thing abeg.

You will see.
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by rolams(m): 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2022
garfield1:

If kwankwaso was to step down for atiku,he wouldn't have left pdp and he would not make kano delegates to vote wike...kwankwaso supporters are mainly in kano.they either vote kwankwaso or whoever is affiliated to buhari.they will never touch pdp...

They are two types of States in the core north.the buharified and non buharified states.non buharified states are liberal and can vote anybody.states like sokoto,gombe,Kaduna and to an extent jigawa and Niger.atiku can win here narrowly.buharified states are borno,yobe bauchi,kebbi,zamfara,kano,katsina.they can never vote pdp.they vote buhari or anything affiliated to buhari.sentiments of buhari not being on the ballot doesn't hold sway after all even when bye elections are held there,apc still win.these states gives bloc votes which will bury atiku

We shall see. You will realise the meaning of an adage which says "blood is thicker than water"
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by rolams(m): 6:01pm On Jun 05, 2022
AminuRano87:

The way Obi will reduce PDP votes in the south, Kwankwaso will do more harm to Atiku and PDP in the entire North. Therefore APC will win 2023 elections.
see calculation ooo
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by cheruv: 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
Kenmatt:
Greetings to you all.

If Obi's stepping down is the only way to take Nigeria forward, then it is better Nigeria crashes!
Why didn't your brother Wike step down in order to moves the nation forward? angry
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by garfield1: 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
rolams:

We shall see. You will realise the meaning of an adage which says "blood is thicker than water"

That saying doesn't apply my friend.in politics, permanent interest is thicker than blood and finally the north is not as related as you think.
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by garfield1: 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2022
AminuRano87:

True
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by ybn(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2022
post=113492635:

Remember Kwankwaso is there to scatter votes for Atiku in the North

Middle belt and FCT will not Atikulate this time

You are overestimating Kwankwaso's capabilities. He can't take even Kano his base
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by rolams(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2022
garfield1:

That saying doesn't apply my friend.in politics, permanent interest is thicker than blood and finally the north is not as related as you think.

Ok ooo.
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by Kenmatt(m): 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2022
cheruv:

If Obi's stepping down is the only way to take Nigeria forward, then it is better Nigeria crashes!
Why didn't your brother Wike step down in order to moves the nation forward? angry

Read very well, I have never talked moving the nation forward.
Re: I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North by bahaushe1: 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2022
AminuRano87:

These people think northerner only vote their own. They forgot that we voted for MKO Abiola, Obasanjo and Jonathan 2011

Exactly!

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Terrorists Have Rebranded As Peter Obi Movement - Kemi Olunloyo / Presidency Reacts To Terrorist Threat Video, Reveals Next Move / Peter Obi: How could a presidential candidate not have his fact right? Epic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.