Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One (1109 Views)

Help !! Nigerian Immigration Service Hasn't Produced My Passport After 2 Years / Who Has Applied for international Passport After March 1 New Price? / Change Of Name on international passport After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by azeezengr(m): 9:50am On Jun 05, 2022
Good morning fellow nairalanders. I do not know if anyone could be of help or has had similar experience before.

I applied for international passport renewal late last month (May, 2022), the one I had expired in 2015 and there is need for me to get a new one because of an opportunity that beckons

After I have applied for renewal and the processing has commenced, part of the requirement sent to me is presentation of my old international passport on the day of appointment for capturing (June 22, 2022). It was at this stage I realized that I couldn't locate my old passport. I have searched everywhere and it is becoming obvious that it is lost.

Meanwhile, I have a scanned copy of my expired international passport, but official at the immigration office are insisting that I have to present booklet or else I will forfeit the money paid as I would not be capture for new one without presentation of the old one

I need help from anyone that has had similar experience or in position to assist please

Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by bmdmix10: 9:53am On Jun 05, 2022
azeezengr:
Good morning fellow nairalanders. I do not know if anyone could be of help or has had similar experience before.

I applied for international passport renewal late last month (May, 2022), the one I had expired in 2015 and there is need for me to get a new one because of an opportunity that beckons

After I have applied for renewal and the processing has commenced, part of the requirement sent to me is presentation of my old international passport on the day of appointment for capturing (June 22, 2022). It was at this stage I realized that I couldn't locate my old passport. I have searched everywhere and it is becoming obvious that it is lost.

Meanwhile, I have a scanned copy of my expired international passport, but official at the immigration office are insisting that I have to present booklet or else I will forfeit the money paid as I would not be capture for new one without presentation of the old one

I need help from anyone that has had similar experience or in position to assist please

first u tell them u just realise u lost d old one soo i guess u not eligible for renewal u got pay for brand new.

and also how much did u pay for ur renewal n how many pages, i too wanna renew mine
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by azeezengr(m): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2022
Moderators should please help push this to front page, I need urgent contributions as the day of capturing draws nearer. Thanks.
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by EgusiSoup: 10:16am On Jun 05, 2022
You have not tell us the truth about what happened to the old one. How can we help? Have you checked her house for the old one?
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by Rayd502(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2022
You will have to forfeit payment for the renewal of the expired passport. Next step is to declare the old one missing by swearing an affidavit and a police extract.

The renewal of the passport will be then be treated as a lost case.
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by azeezengr(m): 10:36am On Jun 05, 2022
bmdmix10:

first u tell them u just realise u lost d old one soo i guess u not eligible for renewal u got pay for brand new.

and also how much did u pay for ur renewal n how many pages, i too wanna renew mine

I paid 75k @ Osogbo
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by azeezengr(m): 10:39am On Jun 05, 2022
EgusiSoup:
You have not tell us the truth about what happened to the old one. How can we help? Have you checked her house for the old one?

I don't do side-chick, I am a faithful husband. The fact is that my mobility induced by job is quite high until of late
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by azeezengr(m): 10:42am On Jun 05, 2022
Rayd502:
You will have to forfeit payment for the renewal of the expired passport. Next step is to declare the old one missing by swearing an affidavit and a police extract.

The renewal of the passport will be then be treated as a lost case.

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. Thanks for the advice, I might have to initiate the process but won't photocopy of data page be enough. This is painful honestly
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by Rayd502(m): 10:45am On Jun 05, 2022
azeezengr:

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. Thanks for the advice, I might have to initiate the process but won't photocopy of data page be enough. This is painful honestly

Photocopy of the data page is not enough...One of the requirements of renewing an expired passport is presenting the old one.Upon which it will be cancelled after a new one has been reissued to you.
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by EgusiSoup: 10:53am On Jun 05, 2022
azeezengr:

I don't do side-chick, I am a faithful husband. The fact is that my mobility induced by job is quite high until of late

Who mentioned side chick here now? Besides, referring to a female being as a side chicken is very derogatory and speaks a lot about you nude personality. Really pathetic!
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by azeezengr(m): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2022
EgusiSoup:

Who mentioned side chick here now? Besides, referring to a female being as a side chicken is very derogatory and speaks a lot about you nude personality. Really pathetic!

I don't like EgusiSoup,.please, clear for road for better soup
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:32am On Jun 05, 2022
azeezengr:

I don't like EgusiSoup,.please, clear for road for better soup

Comrade please don't stir the waters... Stay focused on the solution. Wish you a solution to the quagmire.
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by bmdmix10: 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
[quote author=azeezengr post=113489709][/quote] for renewal? how many years is that? snd was it online or face to face
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by azeezengr(m): 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2022
bmdmix10:
for renewal? how many years is that? snd was it online or face to face

The old one expired since 2015, this is first time I applied for renewal. Application was through proxy. But it was more or less being present
Re: Lost Old International Passport After Application For New One by Helkayklassic(m): 8:56am On Jun 06, 2022
Unfortunately to renew a passport you must go with the old passport on the day of capturing.

You'll have to declare that the passport got lost, sworn an affidavit before you can proceed.

It's a long process, brace up bro.

(1) (Reply)

Help: What's The Average Rent Around Ikoyi, Lagos? / Can I Relocate From Nigeria With 3m / Whats The Name Of The Airline In Nigeria With New Air Plane?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.