Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland (318 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Make Your Dreams Come True And Enjoy Life / Get Smile Smifi And Enjoy 20GB Data Bonus Plus 100% Double Data Offer / Order For Grass-cutter This Yuletide Season And Enjoy Christmas With Ur Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Belial06: 10:26am On Jun 05, 2022
Happy weekend my people just few tips that have greatly improved my experience here and thought I should share.

1. Never bother reading the comments of first page
Yes , the trolls , touts, hate mongers and tribalists polite all threads first pages except when it's a thread about relationship or family. Once it's a crime or politics or news thread I always skip the comments of first page and go to the second page of the thread. I noticed from half way down in the second page onwards is were you find the smart intellectual comments which you would love to engage in discussion. Because there intelligent people don't rush to comment they first read and absorb the topic before commenting while all the trolls and clueless people who just come to derail threads occupy the first page and most of the second page. Before one would find one or two reasonable comments on the first page by those who book space but lately I have found this hadly happens . To really enjoy threads start reading from half way of the second page or just go to the thord page to be safe...

2. Learn to skip comments

I know by human nature one is emotional and might want to enagges someone who says something hurtful about your tribe or religion, but trust me.its not worth it. These people live breath and think only in negative hateful tribalsitic terms. There is no reasoning with them. Trying to engage them or correct their perception would result in your getting abused or infuriated and inturn maybe banned if you allow yourself to be drawn into exchanging words with them. Funny thing is they are such masters at the negativity that they know all the tricks of avoiding getting banned from editing their reported comemnts to even mailing mods and deflecting the conversation to make you look like the aggressor. So when you see these negative comments just skip , maybe if you feel like use the report button but I have found this less and less effective these days

3. Don't over indulge

I have found that this site is so toxic that too much exposure is actually bad for your psyche. This site allows so much hate thrive here that if you allow yourself get sucked in you would start to develop deep hatred to a group that in relaity doesn't have any hate towards you. The tribalsitic bigots here at masters and mistresses at manipulative comments , changing facts and using under the bridge blog posts to sway the verbal assualt in their favour ... Don't base your opinion about Nigerians , or any Nigerian tribe or any religion base doff what you read her please. Go to Facebook, twitter or other websites to really understand what the different ethnic groups , and religions are about . This site will make you believe you are more loved or more hated than the reality. So I suggest taking breaks off this website. Don't visit daily .. sometimes just skim and move off. Don't always spend too long here everyday, it's not good for your meantal health .

4. They are few
While I would advise against making any real life friends from here due to the security situation in the country , but that would be overkill. There are good people here, awesome people who are kind ,nice and superbly fun to be with. But they don't frequent here daily. You can find their comments on 4th page onwards , they don't make much commenrs except on family , and life issues. These are the sages of the website . They are very cautious of new people especially when your profile is less that some years old. And they check your comment history to see your behaviour here before allowing you closer. The late Humgerbad (of blessed memory) was one of such people. They are here , hidden but they are here. People whose impact In your life would be felt across the galaxy of your very existence. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by ambience(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2022
True wink
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Jeon(f): 10:34am On Jun 05, 2022
gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Belial06: 10:40am On Jun 05, 2022
5. New isn't alway good
Always be wary of new accounts whenever making friends of , devulging information or doing any transaction. New acoxunts are most of the time owned by trolls or toxic people who have been banned so they open a new account to come back and continue their scheming if you want to buy something and the account is new please be wary!! If they won't use escrow or any other saftey measure back out .

6. Everybody Hurts
This isn't Facebook or Twitter , this is nairaland. So remember the mods are human beings to. They have their friends and tribes. So when you are absuing their tribe all the time then one day eport someone who abuses your tribe or your person and they don't bam the person don't be surprised.
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Belial06: 10:47am On Jun 05, 2022
7. Last but not the least
Be kind. If you really love this website realise that your conduct affects the bottom line. Big companies won't advertise here when their staff come here and on the first page of a thread 90% of the comments are delete due to being too toxic or 90% of the comments are just terrible disgusting vitriol.
The owner might not complain to you but it really affects them trust me. And he put effort and time into nuturing and building this so why damage it this way?
Be kind to others and the sooner you realize you can't change anyone the sooner you stop trying to respond to every abuse and insult directed at your tribe or religion.
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Belial06: 10:53am On Jun 05, 2022
For example look at this comment this person just made

Joezinho:
I thought the DOTians insisted on no referendum, no election?

In the grand scheme of things, their opinions won't matter. When we talk about locked horns, snails are definitely not in the reckoning..

If you are discerning it's obvious he is making fun of southeasterners. Next thing one person would quote him to reply and abuse his tribe and they go back and forth all over every thread. But here is the thing if you go through his profile this member makes about 29 comments a day abusing the southeast. So why bother? Why bother absuing his or trying to insult the southwest in revenge when this person will not change. I personally reported alot of his comments over the last couple days and unfortunately nothing has been done. Does that mean you should behave like him? No. Keep staying positive read threads that interest you and skip comments like this
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Cypress042(m): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2022
Op cool you must be a talkative in real life grin grin
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Joezinho: 10:59am On Jun 05, 2022
Belial06:
For example look at this comment this person just made

If you are discerning it's obvious he is making fun of southeasterners. Next thing one person would quote him to reply and abuse his tribe and they go back and forth all over every thread. But here is the thing if you go through his profile this member makes about 29 comments a day abusing the southeast. So why bother? Why bother absuing his or trying to insult the southwest in revenge when this person will not change. I personally reported alot of his comments over the last couple days and unfortunately nothing has been done. Does that mean you should behave like him? No. Keep staying positive read threads that interest you and skip comments like this

Leave me out of your drug induced life.
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Belial06: 11:08am On Jun 05, 2022
Joezinho:

Leave me out of your drug induced life.

Ignored
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Silentgroper(m): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2022
D guy dat said u must be a talkative in real life has a point.. D whole back and forth thing sometimes is called cruise or is done out of boredom for fun.. D only way u can help yourself is to go with d vibe or ignore. Anyone dat is hoping anyone changes on a faceless forum must be delusional..
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Belial06: 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2022
Silentgroper:
D guy dat said u must be a talkative in real life has a point.. D whole back and forth thing sometimes is called cruise or is done out of boredom for fun.. D only way u can help yourself is to go with d vibe or ignore. Anyone dat is hoping anyone changes on a faceless forum must be delusional..

You didn't say anything at all
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Belial06: 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2022
Cypress042:
Op cool you must be a talkative in real life grin grin

Troll spotted grin
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Cypress042(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
Belial06:

Troll spotted grin
grin grin
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Cypress042(m): 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
Silentgroper:
If only the op would read this and change cheesy
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Silentgroper(m): 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2022
Belial06:

You didn't say anything at all
That's how it usually feels like..
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Albertone(m): 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2022
Jeon:
gringringrin

Baboon what's up?

How is your ugly face doing?
Hope the chest and ass is still flat as usual?
Hope your fulani herdsmen husbands are dislocating your uterus as usual?
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Jeon(f): 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2022
Albertone:

Baboon what's up?

How is your ugly face doing?
Hope the chest and ass is still flat as usual?
Hope your fulani herdsmen husbands are dislocating your uterus as usual?

ugly.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Albertone(m): 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2022
Jeon:

ugly.

Stale and boring.
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Jeon(f): 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2022
Albertone:

Stale and boring.
ASWEAR YOU ARE UGLY. LIKE WHAT THE FUVK!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Belial06: 10:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
Jeon:

ASWEAR YOU ARE UGLY.
LIKE WHAT THE FUVK!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Jeon(f): 10:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
Belial06:
COMRADE PEACE ONLYgrin
I SPREAD PEACEgrin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Belial06: 3:16am On Jun 06, 2022
Jeon:

COMRADE
PEACE ONLYgrin

I SPREAD PEACEgrin

Sweet baby
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Albertone(m): 1:15pm On Jun 06, 2022
Jeon:

COMRADE
PEACE ONLYgrin

I SPREAD PEACEgrin

But ugly queer people cannot know peace.
God will judge them.
Re: How To Make The Best Or And Enjoy Nairaland by Jeon(f): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
Albertone:

But ugly queer people cannot know peace. God will judge them.
BROS YOU FUGLY.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

. / Democracy Day: Chanchangi Airlines Congratulates Nigerians / Open Request To Seun on this multiple offender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.