Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,432 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise (26961 Views)

My Interview With Channels TV Was Taken Out Of Context - Wole Soyinka / Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children / Kwankwaso’s Comments On Obi, Igbo Taken Out Of Context, Says NNPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by 9jahotblog: 11:47am On Jun 05, 2022
My Channels TV Interview Taken Out of Context And I Apologise — Senator Kashim Shettima

1. When I appeared on Channels TV last Thursday amidst the tension rippling through our political arena, it was to underline the promise Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s presidential bid held for those yet to establish the certainty of the hurdle ahead of the APC. I never set out to denigrate the personality of any aspirant, and definitely not that of my dear friends and allies. None of them is an opponent, so their aspiration isn’t a threat to us. They appear so in the sprint to become the party’s presidential flag-bearer in the 2023 elections, but they are our allies in the marathon.

2. My assessments of the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, and the President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan, were well-intentioned. I never set out to subject them to ridicule but, rather, to stir up interest in the contrasting virtues of the cast of aspirants putting up a fight against my preferred aspirant, one most favoured and advantaged to guarantee APC’s victory in the forthcoming presidential election.

3. The interpretations of my remarks on Professor Osinbajo and Senator Lawan are, thus, being done literally and overblown. My words weren’t woven to portray them as unworthy aspirants, but merely to qualify them as non-threatening contenders. I, however, take full responsibility for my utterances and wish to appeal to our teeming supporters to neither take my words out of their metaphoric contexts nor interpret them as a measure and declaration of hostility towards my dear friends and allies.

4. I hereby tender my unreserved apologies to the Vice President and the President of the Senate for the unintended pains my jibes might have caused them and their families and supporters.

5. As we approach the finishing line of this tense political race, I’m not unaware of who the actual opponents are. A divided house, even if in the assumptions and imaginations of supporters with a distant grasp of our relationships with other aspirants, is the last impression we wish to create among Nigerians.

6. I want this to be taken as an appeal to our supporters across all political camps to build bridges and mend fences as the actual journey is just about to begin. Victory, for the discerning, has always been the first lap of the race. Thank you for your understanding.
https://twitter.com/KashimSM/status/1533386968469487618?t=Xzx_2J64okWCXUdww9f-IA&s=19

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by 9jahotblog: 11:49am On Jun 05, 2022
Shettima don get his senses back. Lol Tinubu is a goner

341 Likes 74 Shares

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by FakeUnity: 11:50am On Jun 05, 2022
But walahi Osinbade really suffer for abokey hand. See titles they gave him.

Mere commisioner.

VP admin

Ice cream and pop corn seller. .

Funny people. grin

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by Nokio1: 11:53am On Jun 05, 2022
Tinubu apologize, shettima apologize who is next...Cabal will apologize for breaking undocumented 2015 agreement!dorime

17 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by otipoju(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2022
FakeUnity:

Mere commisioner.

VP admin

Funny people. grin

Lilliputan...na that one funny pass

13 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by ChoCho54(f): 11:58am On Jun 05, 2022
FakeUnity:

Mere commisioner.

VP admin

Funny people. grin
Academic professor

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by FakeUnity: 11:59am On Jun 05, 2022
ChoCho54:
Academic VP

VP acada.

8 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by Mooh247: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2022
cool

Shetima did Osinbajo dirty, no matter what we no follow drag Northern elders like Atiku in such manner

Inside the plane heading back to Abuja from Sokoto, am sure the trio of Ganduje, Shetima and Tinubu must be smiling at the gangster mode they gave Aso Rock

320 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by ChoCho54(f): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2022
FakeUnity:

VP acada.
It's actually academic professor. I think it was some almajiris in Gandujes government that gave him the title.
Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by IamWonderful: 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2022

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by derecho(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2022
Apology is useless...the V.P rediscovered his love for ice cream

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by chatinent: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2022
Whatever
Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by Yobabad: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
This shatima must be very stupid

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by FakeUnity: 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2022
IamWonderful:
But that have not reduced him to the status of your father, he is still the vice President of the federal republic of Nigeria which include Igbos and all your family members till next year or even may be president till 2039, mere words and bitterness cannot bring him, he is GOD'S project, not even ezu river death or Pandora Peter OBItuary multiple by 100 can stand against him. Just like JESUS, that was ridiculed and called various names that is above all, Osinbaba is above all his detractors

Sikiru how far? I hear say una carry fake news say buhari say he want SW president. grin

14 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by IamWonderful: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2022
FakeUnity:

Sikiru how far? I hear say una carry fake news say buhari say he want SW president. grin
Sukudi maybe you heard it from home, go back again

12 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by tillaman(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2022
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by WibusJaga: 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2022
Most of these our politicians & leaders lack intelligence. Apart from when talking from written scripts, they often commit blunders in critical unrehearsed interviews.

12 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by Buckeyemedia1: 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2022
FakeUnity:

Mere commisioner.

VP admin

Funny people. grin
Keep quiet, nonsense Peasant.

5 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by iCauseTrouble: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2022
Just incase you are still doubting Peter Obi's competence

11 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by chinjo(m): 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2022
Why is everyone in APC denying the interviews they willingly granted?

10 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by Baloranking(m): 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
grin
Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by TheNiceGuy(m): 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by Udemzy05: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
I knew it, typical APC member, they will say one thing today and tomorrow they will come out to refute it.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by IgbuduMonkey: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
He goofed

3 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by TheNiceGuy(m): 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2022
The WORSE of it all, said without remorse was to refer a whole region INCONSEQUENTIAL,

5%er

I was ashamed on behalf of that region.

To remind you, no one gave Oshinbajo the acclaimed title aside children raised with HATE..

Funny enough, They're still jostling for thesame position.

Shameless People
FakeUnity:

Mere commisioner.

VP admin

Funny people. grin

3 Likes

Re: Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise by Lamasta(m): 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2022
Shettima that turned Borno to a war zone during his tenure as Borno governor has the temerity to call our amiable VP an ice cream and pop corn seller, wonders they say shall never end grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Akpabio Of Akwa-ibom State Spotted While Casting His Vote (pics). / Anambra leading indigenous industrialized state and West Africa’s Trade Centre / Construction Of Ibom Industrial Park & Sterling Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.