Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Why Do Nigerians Feel The SE Isn't Politically Relevant? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Feel The SE Isn't Politically Relevant? (3289 Views)

Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike / Advice To Igbos If They Want To Be Politically Relevant / Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel The SE Isn't Politically Relevant? by PussyMiners: 12:21am On Jun 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmao our stand is simple Igbo presidency or north keeps it ...simple there is no biggy about that

A southern president that's not Igbo is against our interest don't expect us to support it
What is your latest stand grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel The SE Isn't Politically Relevant? by PussyMiners: 12:27am On Jun 12, 2022
CrazyMan:

I strongly agree with you my brother.

Most non-Igbos feel that we Igbos are supporting Peter Obi because he is Igbo, truth is they don't know the Igbos. If you swap Peter Obi with Rochas Okorocha or Orji Uzo Kalu which are cabal slaves like you rightfully pointed out, you would see the outcome.

According to INEC statistics, the south east had about 10million Registered voters in 2019, (the smallest in all the zones) I put it to you that by next year, that number would overtake that of the SS, NE which was about 11million and if possible the SW which was about 16million in 2019, considering the thousands that are trooping to get registered in the 5 SE states.

Peter Obi may or may not win next year's election, but he'll send a strong message across Nigeria that no SE politician has been able to send since 1999 that we have a voice. And the SE would no longer be seen a politically irrelevant zone.
Who dash Atiku master's degree grin grin
Wetin be him first degree ??

Atiku is a disaster waiting to happen. Same man with diploma in sharia studies suddenly possess Masters degree in 2022 grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel The SE Isn't Politically Relevant? by kponkedenge(m): 7:26am On Jun 12, 2022
Aside the North, Igbos and the yorubas constitute the highest voting block.

The reason most people claim Igbos don't have voting strength is because a sizeable population of Igbos are outside their region voting.....and there by recording it as their hosts strength.

Do you know how many Igbos are in places like PH, Asaba, Abuja, Lagos and Kano?

If you sum up all these voters, you should get well above a million Igbo vote.

What I also noticed again from previous elections is that the Igbos living outside the SE, tend to vote more than the ones living in the SE.

Maybe things might change come 2023..... Who knows.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel The SE Isn't Politically Relevant? by CrazyMan(m): 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
kponkedenge:
Aside the North, Igbos and the yorubas constitute the highest voting block.

The reason most people claim Igbos don't have voting strength is because a sizeable population of Igbos are outside their region voting.....and there by recording it as their hosts strength.

Do you know how many Igbos are in places like PH, Asaba, Abuja, Lagos and Kano?

If you sum up all these voters, you should get well above a million Igbo vote.

What I also noticed again from previous elections is that the Igbos living outside the SE, tend to vote more than the ones living in the SE.

Maybe things might change come 2023..... Who knows.
Was in church today and the pastor openly warned we Christians to kick against Muslim Muslim ticket. He clearly told us that Christianity in Nigeria would go extinct if we try such gamble. Look at the Deborah incident, even Muslims were saying they're ready to burn down the whole south for Allah if they find any one blasphemy there.

Are this the kind of people we would trust our lives with and openly vote a Muslim Muslim collaboration?

The truth is tinubu wouldn't even be Peter Obi's biggest threat if he goes for a Muslim Muslim ticket, cos more than 90% of southern Christians would vote against him and since the Atiku is already going to battle for votes in the North with Kwankwaso, he won't really get any tangible result there.

Christians just have to be wise this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Feel The SE Isn't Politically Relevant? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
PussyMiners:

Who dash Atiku master's degree grin grin
Wetin be him first degree ??

Atiku is a disaster waiting to happen. Same man with diploma in sharia studies suddenly possess Masters degree in 2022 grin grin
Exactly that's why we all should rally behind Peter Obi.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Did Obi Give Edo People To Eat / Congrats To Niger Republic As Buhari Has Completed A Brand New Refinery for Them / Photo Of Tinubu's Supporters In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.