Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike (2123 Views)

Fubara: I Would Have Punished You Long Ago – Dele Momodu Tells Wike / Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail / Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Loveth160: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2023
The Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has said he is politically irrelevant without his base.

Wike said once he loses his base as a politician, he has lost his relevance politically.

The former governor of Rivers State said no amount of calumny levelled against him would make him lose sleep.

Receiving South-South leaders in his office on Tuesday in Abuja, Wike said the right thing must be done.

According to Wike: “All of us want to be politically relevant; all of us want to maintain our political structure.

“Is it not your political structure? Will you allow anybody to just cut you out immediately? Everybody has a base. If you take my base, am I not politically irrelevant?”

The relationship between Wike and the Rivers State Governor, Sim Fubara is believed to have gone sour.

This led to some lawmakers of the Rivers State House of Assembly moving to impeach Fubara.

The lawmakers who moved to impeach Fubara are said to be Wike’s loyalists.

https://.ng/2023/11/01/fubara-i-need-my-base-to-remain-politically-relevant-wike/

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Ecbatana: 9:46am On Nov 01, 2023
Wike is talkative.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by nnachukz(m): 9:51am On Nov 01, 2023
But you cut off others from their base. You have finished your own, allow others do theirs or face the same treatment you gave your predecessors.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Wujio: 9:54am On Nov 01, 2023
nnachukz:
But you cut off others from their base. You have finished your own, allow others do theirs or face the same treatment you gave your predecessors.

Everyone needs to stop assuming Wike is wrong. All thats happening may make him appear guilty, but he couls just be trying to avoid what Okowa did to Ibori. You cant take out the foundation that eas used to raise you up, rather you consolidate resources for improvement not try to clean the ground
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Coolsat(m): 10:00am On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:

Everyone needs to stop assuming Wike is wrong. All thats happening may make him appear guilty, but he couls just be trying to avoid what Okowa did to Ibori. You cant take out the foundation that eas used to raise you up, rather you consolidate resources for improvement not try to clean the ground
Loyalty to an African man means slavery which you are indirectly promoting with this comment.
Wike is guilty as charged

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Racoon(m): 10:03am On Nov 01, 2023
So your political base is only secured by your gangsterism and tyrannical lording it over a governor?

3 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by wittywriter: 10:05am On Nov 01, 2023
#PoliticsOfSelfInterest.

it's a must to stop been gullible and stop patronizing mediocrity of fellow nigerians that identify as politicians because they are elected to duties/services and get salaries plus fat allocations for doing so.

Wittyness.
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Peterobi90: 10:06am On Nov 01, 2023
Well, maybe it would have gone wike's way if he were APC..
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Flier: 10:11am On Nov 01, 2023
Ecbatana:
Wike is talkative.
PH may become ungovernable soon and I believe Tinubu will surely support Wike because of 2027
They might even use the court

1 Like

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Wujio: 10:18am On Nov 01, 2023
Coolsat:
Loyalty to an African man means slavery which you are indirectly promoting with this comment.
Wike is guilty as charged

Says who?
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Kukutente23: 10:28am On Nov 01, 2023
Did you ask for 25% or not?
That's the main thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by brain54(m): 10:32am On Nov 01, 2023
Wike…

Hate him or love him.

The man always speaks his mind.

With wike you know directly where you stand.

You would see him coming… he won’t be vague.

I admire wike for that!

1 Like

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by OneCandleAway(f): 10:32am On Nov 01, 2023
Flier:
PH may become ungovernable soon and I believe Tinubu will surely support Wike because of 2027
They might even use the court

Tinubu will support whoever has the structure firmly in his grasp. He'll just find a way to settle the other party.

. E.g kwakwanso and ganduje.
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Morbeta11(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2023
brain54:
Wike…

Hate him or love him.

The man always speaks his mind.

With wike you know directly where you stand.

You would see him coming… he won’t be vague.

I admire wike for that!

He is predictable and that's weakness........just few months out of his financial war chest, he has started showing his fangs. He was able to fight and make so much noise cos of his financial readiness and most importantly the goodwill of rivers people towards him....... That very goodwill which he is about to lose.

1 Like

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by MrEverest(m): 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2023
Mumu man. You ruled Rivers State for 8 years. Shouldn't that be enough for you? Are others fools?

Is Fubara mugu to you?

Foolish man, you're talking about base. So, others must remain your slaves forever while you act as emperor?

Yeyeman!

2 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by vanitybutiwanti: 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
Everyone is a Saint on the Internet, if you were wike, how would you react after the incident that played out on Monday, many of you think sanctimonious comments on the Internet is a portrayal of how things work in real life, many of you never voted or supported sim fubara yet you have an opinion on this issue that doesn't concern, why can't fubara reach out to wike or people he respects if he has some misgivings, man got carried away by social media and acted rashly

1 Like

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Christistruth03: 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ecbatana:
Wike is talkative.

Wike is honest to a fault

Atiku has been snooping around
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by sweerychick(f): 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:

I find it difficult to believe that a human being wrote this? So someone should be a slave because of another's selfish interest abi? Honestly na Military fit Africa

1 Like

Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Wujio: 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2023
sweerychick:
I find it difficult to believe that a human being wrote this? So someone should be a slave because of another's selfish interest abi? Honestly na Military fit Africa

If you dont want to maintain loyalty in life, climb up yourself without help. Returning loyalty must not be questioned after gifts and promotion have been received.
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Wujio: 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
Everyone is a Saint on the Internet, if you were wike, how would you react after the incident that played out on Monday, many of you think sanctimonious comments on the Internet is a portrayal of how things work in real life, many of you never voted or supported sim fubara yet you have an opinion on this issue that doesn't concern, why can't fubara reach out to wike or people he respects if he has some misgivings, man got carried away by social media and acted rashly

Thank you o
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by sweerychick(f): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:

If you dont want to maintain loyalty in life, climb up yourself without help. Returning loyalty must not be questioned after gifts and promotion have been received.
loyalty must be a personal business not a government business
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by ronalmagic10(m): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
Just tell me how what is happening in Rivers state concerns ipob people cos na them carry the matter for head like gala

Na una want Biafra, want presidency, dey drag wike

Omoh na wa oh
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Wujio: 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
sweerychick:
loyalty must be a personal business not a government business

He should have attained the height without help then. Did you know Fubara outside/without Wike's assistanceship?
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by ToladolVentures(m): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ooh, so this is where it all brews from
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by kabillionaire(m): 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:

This means you don't understand Nigerian politics.

Wike expressly said "he need his base to remain politically relevant".

If the governor who is the CinC of the state allow such, he will be a puppet.

For one to maintain a strong hold on power, you do away with godfatherism that claim your base as his or dig your own grave.

Wike of all people should know this, cos he did the same.
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Wujio: 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
kabillionaire:

This means you don't understand Nigerian politics.

Wike expressly said "he need his base to remain politically relevant".

If the governor who is the CinC of the state allow such, he will be a puppet.

For one to maintain a strong hold on power, you do away with godfatherism that claim your base as his or dig your own grave.

Wike of all people should know this, cos he did the same.

He shouldnt removed the pilars in positions fixed. Simple
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Bede2u(m): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:

The type of things yorubas support sha. Do you guys ever support justice and equity?
Even Peter Obi could not become godfather in Anambra despite being loved in the state. Why do you guys support trash?
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by kettykin: 2:00pm On Nov 01, 2023
I pray fubara in his innocence will not make the blunder Ambode did until it became too late.
Fubara please meet your fellow niger delta governor Obaseki of edo state and learn from him , please ooo
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Wujio: 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2023
Bede2u:
The type of things yorubas support sha. Do you guys ever support justice and equity?
Even Peter Obi could not become godfather in Anambra despite being loved in the state. Why do you guys support trash?

My dear. It is what it is o
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Prince111111: 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:

He should have attained the height without help then. Did you know Fubara outside/without Wike's assistanceship?
forget that thing abeg...who be Wike without Ameachi and Jonathan? That is life. No one ever reached up without the input of one or two people. That he helped fubara now makes him to be on his neck?? Please think!!!!
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Bede2u(m): 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:

My dear. It is what it is o
well I hope that all the rubbish you guys support just to be president after fulani has led to your region having super highways, security and steady power supply. If not, then you guys need to really check if it's you playing bad politics or igbos
Re: Fubara: I Need My Base To Remain Politically Relevant – Wike by Wujio: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2023
Prince111111:
forget that thing abeg...who be Wike without Ameachi and Jonathan? That is life. No one ever reached up without the input of one or two people. That he helped fubara now makes him to be on his neck?? Please think!!!!

He didnt just help Fubara. I am sure you didnt know that name before Wike. He should stop uprooting the pillars. Simple

(1) (2) (Reply)

Competition: The BUA Group, Akwa Ibom Refinery Is expected To Kick Off In 2024 / Breaking News.. UDELE Aka Oyigbo Update Arrested / See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.