Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo (710 Views)

Oyebanji: Tinubu Spoke To Me Everyday Until Abducted Pupils Were Released / Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 / 2 Teleprompters As Tinubu Spoke At Chatham House - Jaafar Shares Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by amoreobansu: 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2022
The Senior Pastor of Love’s Domain Family Assembly, Reverend Banji Oladipo, has shared his thoughts on the controversial speech made by a former Governor of Lagos State and All Progressives Congress chieftain, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, about President Muhammadu Buhari and the Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun in Abeokuta on Thursday.

The former two-term Governor of Lagos State spoke at a meeting with APC leaders and members in Abeokuta.

In his speech, Tinubu said that he should naturally get the support of President Muhammadu Buhari for his ambition because he was there for him (Buhari) when he was a candidate of the All Peoples Party, rechristened All Nigeria Peoples Party, and later Congress for Progressive Change and lost his election to be the president thrice.

Tinubu also noted that Abiodun could not have become governor without God’s and his support.

Reacting to this, the clergyman stated that after watching the video several times, he was moved and felt the speech was coming from the heart of a man who is beginning to feel betrayed by the very people he helped.

In his write up, titled: “My thoughts on Bola Ahmed Tinubu speech,” Rev. Oladipo noted that he feels that the Yoruba race has an issue of reciprocating good done to them.

He wrote: “Before I begin to write, I want everyone to know that this is my personal thought and everyone has right to his thoughts.

“I don’t want you jumping on here and saying I am wrong or I am right, you also have a right to air your thoughts in a civil and responsible way. ITS MY WALL.

“I have watched with keen interest again and again the speech by BAT in Abeokuta.

“To tell you the truth, the first time I watched it I felt irritated by it simply because as a patriotic Nigerian that I am, I felt why would somebody just keep on saying it’s my right, it’s my turn like the presidential seat is inheritance that needs be passed from one person to another.

“It should never be about turn or right but about competence and who can deliver Nigeria out of this quagmire we have found ourselves.

“But as I began to watch again and again I began to feel the pain of a man who all his life has helped as many people as he can to achieve BECOMING and laid his own dream and vision aside for them to get ahead.

“I was deeply moved this morning while watching it again and I felt this speech was coming from the heart of a man who is beginning to feel betrayed by the very people he helped.

“As I said earlier, my initial feelings was WHAT KIND OF ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY IS THIS NAH?. But on a closer look and listening again and again I realised this was a speech of saying DON’T BETRAY ME, if I have helped you, it’s time for you to help me. Even the Whiteman says ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER.

“Now this is not to say I am supporting BAT for presidency for he isn’t the best candidate as far as I am concerned but I speak as a human looking at human wickedness to one another.

“Even though it looked like all he was boasting and proud about how he helped all the names he mentioned but can anyone say it’s a lie Even the present sitting Governor Dapo Abiodun couldn’t move a muscle because he knows this man was saying the truth.

“You see one of the things killing this generation is when we continue to talk about ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY in a situation where you actually owe another a favour that’s been done you in the past.

“We are always quick to throw that card just because we want to avoid doing good to persons who have done us good.

“There is no SELF MADE man anywhere, if you look critically, you will find persons who came into your life at certain points to ensure you got through that phase.

“And if that person in turn today comes seeking for help, it’s just GOOD that you do all within your power to reciprocate but to now begin to use ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY card to chase that person away I feel is inhumane and not God like.

“Even God gave us His only begotten son and He feels entitled to our lives and I am sure you know the consequences if you don’t give him that life.

“I am not a tribalistic person but I am beginning to feel like the Yoruba race have an issue of reciprocating good done to them. We always like to destroy ourselves especially when it comes to someone getting ahead of us.

“We are very competitive in nature, it’s why even in families you rarely find siblings helping themselves as much as they should.

“I am Yoruba myself and I can also speak from experience, I just sat down of late and realised that in my betrayal experiences in the work of the ministry, my very own tribe are the greatest betrayal while loyalty I never expected comes from people of a totally different tribe.

“If I am not mistaken about history, I think this same thing happened into the days of Awolowo, Akintola and co.

“As I have said earlier, this post is not to say BAT is my candidate or the best for the job as I don’t intend voting for him but I feel the pain of a me who have given his very best to ensure men BECOME and at the point of his own BECOMING, he is about to be abandoned.

“Politics is funny, I don’t know how all these will play out in the end but my prayer for NIGERIA is let the best man WIN.”

https://www.firstweeklymagazine.com/why-tinubu-spoke-the-way-he-did-in-ogun-rev-banji-oladipo/

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by Jennyjay283: 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2022
I don't even care to know what or why he did it.....
They are all using this presidentship as a business not caring to know that we have conscious.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by tolue42(m): 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2022
You're right Rev.
Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by Massiveglory: 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
Reacting to this, the clergyman stated that after watching the video several times, he was moved and felt the speech was coming from the heart of a man who is beginning to feel betrayed by the very people he helped.

Sir reverend, nobody betrayed anyone. The world is wired to do to you what you did to others. The only thing here is that it is usually more painful when karma hits you at the most Important time.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by Afamsi: 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2022
Them don give this one envelope

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by tafabaloo(m): 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
We Yorubas are just bunch of ingrates.

From Osinbajo to Amosun to Fayemi, is there any of these men who have not benefited from this man's large heart ?

Who among these lots can actually stand shoulder to shoulder with Atiku except Tinubu.

Let them go ahead, betray their benefactor and see how they would floor Atiku to emerge as the President. If you can betray your brother who had at a critical time of your life assisted you to become who you are today; then don't expect that you can earn the trust of a stranger, whose brother is also vying for this same position.

NB: Tinubu may not be my preferred candidate, but we Yorubas should learn to be grateful and show respect to whom it is due.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by Mickykarim: 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2022
YOU ARE RIGHT ON POINT, CLERGYMAN AND WITHOUT MINCING WORDS.

My distraught with your opinion happens on the EXCUSES you tried to advance for a convincing and convinced assessment of an opinion. You owed nobody any explanation for saying it the way it is and for being RIGHT BALANCE and JUST, for the sake of God.

OUR BANE IN THI SCLIME IS THE FACT THAT WE CANNOT STAND FIRM WITH OUR CONVINCTIONS AND THE REASON WE ARE STILL IN THE WOOD AND MAY REMAIN THERE FOR A VERY LONG TIME TO COME.

Clergyman a spade should be called what it is. People should, must stop and desist from mincing words and painting wrong pictures when they know the real truth.

THE BLACK MAN IS TOO DISINGENOUS NONE CONSEVATIVE AND SAVVY WITH WORDS.

This is not an attempt to berate you rather encourage you to continue to speak the truth as it is.

THE AVERAGE YORUBA AND A BLACK MAN WITH THE BLACK SENSE WOULD WANT TO BE GLORIFIED AND WOULD WANT YOU TO MENTION AND RECOUNT ANY GOOD DEED TO ANOTHER MAN AND WOULD BE THE FIRST TO CARRY MEGAPHONE TO ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD HIS BETRAYAL BY ANY TRAITOR.

Bola Tinubu HAS SEEN BETRAYAL AS IT UNRAVLES IN THE OFFING. YET, SOME VOID INTGRITY INHUMAN LESSER THAN ANIMAL MAN WOULD RATHER HAVE HIM QUIET ABOUT SUCH TREACHERY.

ABAT has not done anything wrongly, with his OUTBURST. He had only set forth with the TRUTH and the horse dealings going on behind him that is very glaring to all and Sundary.

SAME PEOPLE HE HELPED TO PLUM POSITIONS ARE THE ONES COLLABORATING WITH DETRACTORS AND ADVERSARIES TO SUPPLANT HIM AND TRUNCATE HIS AMBITION FOR THE PRESIDENCY OF NIGERIA. AN ENTITLEMENT OF ALL AND EVERY NIGERIAN. TO WHICH HE CAN LAY CLAIM LIKE ANY OTHER NIGERIAN.

It is only lesser than animal humans with the nature of an INGRATE that would either condemn berate him for SPEAKING OUT about the evil machinations of the plot of agents and apostles of TRAITORS.

Bola Tinubu DID NOTHING WRONG FOR CRTING OUT LOUD ABOUT THE CONSPIRACY OF TREACHEROUS EVIL IDIOTS AGAINST HIM.

Whoever wants and like to condone any INJUSTICE and evil PLOTS against himself is at liberty to take it and be quiet about it. For ABAT he has RENOUNCED DENOUNCED and REJECTED it, with the exposure of the children of LUCIFER in human flesh.

Dear clergyman you did nothing wrongly, as a matter of fact you chose to be upright. God bless you and your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by lonecatt(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2022
Oga mind your congregation
If buhari betrayed tinubu, the bullion van proprietor should have been in prison by now just like his mates .

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by Mickykarim: 7:48pm On Jun 05, 2022
Mr. IDIOT. When did bullion van become an illegality and a contravention of any law. Including, which law and or portion of the statute prescribe or apportion how any citizen could move his money.

YOU MAY NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND BACK TO THE TUTELAGE OF YOUR PARENTS FOR SOME COMMON SENSE, WITH SENSE OF BALANCE REASONING.

It is you that should stay away from IGNORANCE.
Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by SweetiliciousD: 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2022
8 years.... Full term President - South West
8 years.... Full term VP - South West

Yet you want one of yours to clinch another presidential ticket for next 8 years with Muslim/Muslim arrangement.....

Na only you Waka come ba?

South east or North continues.....OUK

Premium tears loading......

The revolution is on....... Sawore

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by donb06: 8:12pm On Jun 05, 2022
tafabaloo:
We Yorubas are just bunch of ingrates.

From Osinbajo to Amosun to Fayemi, is there any of these men who have not benefited from this man's large heart ?

Who among these lots can actually stand shoulder to shoulder with Atiku except Tinubu.

Let them go ahead, betray their benefactor and see how they would floor Atiku to emerge as the President. If you can betray your brother who had at a critical time of your life assisted you to become who you are today; then don't expect that you can earn the trust of a stranger, whose brother is also vying for this same position.

NB: Tinubu may not be my preferred candidate, but we Yorubas should learn to be grateful and show respect to whom it is due.

An old YORUBA MAN once said... TINUBU IS PAYING FOR HIS OWN BETRAYALS. on this forum, that man was villified, insulted and trampled upon. why can't you ask yourself WHY IS EVERYBODY BETRAYING HIM AT THIS CRUCIAL TIME. something must be wrong. There is no effect without a cause. Tinubu should do some INTROSPECTION. In my view about life, these incessant betrayals to Tinubu isn't ordinary. Hope you try and understand.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Spoke The Way He Did In Ogun — Rev. Banji Oladipo by amoreobansu: 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2022
donb06:

An old YORUBA MAN once said... TINUBU IS PAYING FOR HIS OWN BETRAYALS. on this forum, that man was villified, insulted and trampled upon. why can't you ask yourself WHY IS EVERYBODY BETRAYING HIM AT THIS CRUCIAL TIME. something must be wrong. There is no effect without a cause. Tinubu should do some INTROSPECTION. In my view about life, these incessant betrayals to Tinubu isn't ordinary. Hope you try and understand.

Wow!

(1) (Reply)

Muslim-muslim Ticket : A Thorn In The Flesh Of Nigerian Christians / Are Niger-deltans Realy Less 10mill? / Ondo People Attack Akeredolu For Supporting Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.