Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! (7622 Views)

Miriam Kene-Kachikwu, Wife Of NNPC Boss, Ibe Kachikwu (photo) / Recover Stolen Oil Money, Buhari Tells NNPC Boss / Breaking: Jonathan sacks NNPC Boss, appoints replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Ndi(f): 11:38am On Aug 10, 2007
The Presidency last night relieved the Group Managing Director of NNPC Mr. Funsho Kupolokun of his job, also retired were Director General of the State Security Services (SSS) Colonel Kayode Areh (rtd) and The DG BPE Mrs. Irene Chigbue.

They have been asked to hand over to their most senior executive in their different organisation. Mr. Kupolokun has been under fire over recent alleged 71 contract scam said to have been executed at the twilight of Obasanjo's regime.

It was also alleged that the board of NNPC had awarded 71 contracts as Obasanjo was about to leave the office without due process as they did not carry the necessary work scopes to ensure transparency.

It was gathered that a former staff of Chevron Nigeria Limited, Mr. Alex Nenyim is said to have been okayed by the President Umar Musa Yar'Adua a Kupolokun's successor.

Nenyim's appointment would have been announced on Tuesday, but for protests from Ijaw people. The Ijaws were angry that Nenyim like the Governor of Delta State Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan is an Itsekiri.

The Appointment of Nenyim is the second time the government would go outside the NNPC's fold to source for a Group Managing Director. The appointment of the immediate past Minister of Energy Dr. Edmund Daukoro from the Shell Petroleum Development Company was the first.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Backslider(m): 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2007
Thank God
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by larrybabe: 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2007
Yes, really sweet wind of changing is gradually blowing in Nigeria. cheesy

We will definitely get there.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 10, 2007
@ poster, as much as i would like to open a bottle of champaign in my office right now and celebrate, i would like to know the source of ur info first, hurry the champaign will get hot
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Ndi(f): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2007
@aisha2

Get a copy of Sun Newspaper or Punch Newspaper of today you will get the news there.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2007
I checked thisday newspaper online and what i saw on the papers was that they may be sacked. However let me check the sun,
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by denex: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2007
Make una go check my past posts. Did I not say that if Kupolokun is not sacked, we will not refine petroleum in this Nigeria.

This is the first time Nigerian Government is using obvious intelligence to work.

Thank God! At least now someone can forecast a future for Nigeria.

Remaining these new Ministers. Anyone that does not perform in the next 3 months, bye-bye.

Where is that stupid Ojo Madu? If he likes, he should come and start riding bicycle in this era whether no be cane Yar'Adua go use pursue am back to village!

Abi is it true that Yar'Adua is a "nairalander"?

Any good thing we discuss in here happens.

Yar, if you're in here, I can take Madueke's place. Hey it's me Nejeeb, we met at your place in V.I once. I promise, I'll kick ass.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 10, 2007
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/aug/10/national-10-08-2007-001.htm

Kupolokun removed as NNPC boss
• Are, SSS DG, retired
By LUCKY NWANKWERE, Abuja
Friday, August 10, 
More Stories on This Section

The presidency last night relieved the Group Managing Director, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mr Funso Kupolokun of his job.
Also retired is the Director General of the State Security Services (SSS), Colonel Kayode Are (retd).

Daily Sun gathered that the duo have been directed to hand over to the most senior executive in their organizations.

The removal of Kupolokun has finally put the seal on recent media speculations that the NNPC boss was to be eased out of the corporation.
NNPC Group General Manager, Public Affairs, Dr Levi Ajuonuma had then dismissed the speculations as unfounded, insisting that Kupolokun was still at his desk.
Since the exit of former president Olusegun Obasanjo, petitions have been mounting alleging billion dollar deals against the NNPC group managing director.

Daily Sun learnt that Kupolokun had been under fire over recent alleged 71 contracts scam said to have been executed at the twilight of the Obasanjo regime.
It was alleged that the board of the NNPC had awarded 71 contracts as Obasanjo was about to leave office without due process as they did not carry the necessary work scopes to ensure transparency.

The Ondo State-born GMD of NNPC returned to the corporation in 2003 after he was sacked by the late General Sani Abacha as the Executive Director, Exploration.
Daily Sun gathered that Kupolokun may not have had hint of his removal as he yesterday traveled to Port Harcourt for the burial of one of the relations of the new Minister of State for Petroleum.

Are had his own share of controversy when he led SSS operatives to disrupt the meeting of Movement 2007, a coalition against Obasanjo’s tenure extension in March 2006. The meeting that was to hold at the Abuja Sheraton Hotel was moved to the official lodge of the then Niger State Governor, Abdulkadir Kure, in Abuja.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2007
Hurray, am jumping and dancing and praising God, Jumping and dancing and prasing God. Thank you God.
Hey am so happy today is one of my happiest days , hey so no more magu magu privitazation.
Ha, Nigeria Go better oh, Hip Hip Hip, Hurray.
God is good He has done us well oh my soul, rise up and praise the Lord.
Am short of words. Especially that Irene, she turned Nigerians to illiterates.
Today a family friend called in the morning, her house was wrongly demolished, She went to court but she got a call last week to go to FCDA, this morning she collected her compensation check, cant tell you how much plus a Land in Utako. Is God not good, he has had our cry, things will keep getting better In Jesus Name, Insha Allahu.
This is just the begining better days are ahead
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by desgiezd(m): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2007
The dawn of a new era. So many positive things like this can still happen in Nigeria? It shows clearly that Nigeria only needs a focused and disciplined leadership for her to remain focused on her chosen path. I read in the papers today that the government feels its a shame to be importing refined petroleum products and is planning to establish a refinery. What a refreshing difference! A remarkable departure from the immediate past where people benefiting from importation would rather prefer a continued dependence on refined petroleum importation.

denex:

Where is that stupid Ojo Madu? If he likes, he should come and start riding bicycle in this era whether no be cane Yar'Adua go use pursue am back to village!

Pray! Ojo Madueke does not ride a bicycle to attend a UNO meeting or to deliver a message to George Bush at the White House!
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Ndi(f): 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2007
LMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by denex: 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2007
That Kupolokun is just a dull frog. So even Abacha had earlier sacked him?

There was a day OBJ publicly humiliated the man on NTA because of his stupidity.

Yeee! Thank God O! So our refineries will not be in a state of limbo for the next 1 year.

Please O! Where are Dangote and Otedola? The ugly tadpole attempting to truncate Nigeria's refining future has been cast away. No turn around maintenance for him. Ole man.

And what is that Livi Ajuonuma still doing there? They should relegate him back to his quiz shows on NTA.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2007
Yes oh Denex, that Livi shocked me. It seems he forgot about those days sotay him get liver to talk nonesense to Nigerians.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by IykeD1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2007
I am not sure what you guys are celebrating, I thought the changes were expected after all this
is a new administration.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by denex: 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2007
You know what they say about how power corrupts.

That Livi that used to say the people are suffering. Only to get one small office and he wants to start stamping on the masses. His own will soon come.

No be the same thing with Abike Dabiri? After crying that government is keeping the people in the dark, she only got there and sprinkled some extra darkness everywhere. When issues are being debated in the National Assembly, she'll he busy playing with her N90.

Livi will soon go O! Because with his background in the media, if he can still come out and be talking like an all powerful Dragon, then I'm afraid that man has the brain of a wall gecko.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Seun(m): 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2007
No source, as usual. Are we all illiterates in this country?
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2007
Seun read through, i provided a source and a link. I think the poster is new
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by batu: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2007
Seun:

No source, as usual. Are we all illiterates in this country?

@all,
this Seun fellow is an arrogant idiot; is it because he runs the cybercafe where nairaland is administered? All his contributions are usually immature and outrightly disingenous. The most foolish thing is for somebody to think he is smart, when he is not. How dare you make such an indolent statement without first checking, as if you are talking to your 'peoples'.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by shinystar(m): 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2007
The sack is good riddance to bad rubbish. Ribadu is next and Obasanjo mess are being cleared.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by edmou: 12:10am On Aug 11, 2007
well i would say that such change is necessary for progress , first i want to say it was one abubakar yaradua that was made the group managing director , i want to ask is he in any way related to mr president? and now he is putting his boys in strategic positions would he have the muscle to go after those that cross the line in the rule of law regardless who?,lets see what the man has to offer to this great country of ours
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by DisGuy: 1:30am On Aug 11, 2007
President Umaru Yar’Adua on Friday appointed Mr. Abubakar Lawal Yar’Adua as the Acting Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.
A statement from the Special Adviser to the President on Communications, Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi, said that Yar’Adua is currently the most senior Group Executive Director in the NNPC. The incumbent GMD, Mr. Funsho Kupolokun, was directed to “hand over the management of the corporation to its most senior Group Executive Director.”

The Acting GMD joined the NNPC in 1977 and has been its Group Executive Director (Refineries and Petrochemicals) since 2003. He will act as GMD until “further notice.”

In the same vein, the President approved the appointments of Dr. Emmanuel O. Egbogah and Dr. Tanimu Kurfi as Special Adviser on Petroleum and Economic Adviser respectively. As a result of this development, Kurfi relinquishes his current position as the Deputy Chief of Staff to the President.

Kurfi was officially tipped to take over from the current Chief of Staff, Gen. Mohammed Abdullahi (rtd) but it is now likely that Abdullahi will continue in the position for a longer period.

Adeniyi explained that Egbogah’s appointment as the presidential adviser on petroleum was in line with Yar’Adua’s desire to “restructure the oil sector completely.” He said Egbogah was an expert who played a major role in the transformation of the Malaysian petroleum industry.

The President also approved the appointment of Mr. Afas Aduwa Gadzama and Mr. Emmanuel Imohe as the directors-general of the State Security Service and the National Intelligence Agency respectively.

Until his appointment, Gadzama, who hails from Borno State, was the director, Corporate Services of the SSS while Imohe, who is from Edo State, was the Minister incharge of the Economic Section of the Nigerian Embassy in Washington, D.C, USA.

The President also approved the reappointment of Dr. Magnus Kpakol as the National Coordinator of the National Poverty Eradication Programme.

punch online.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by babasin(m): 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2007
and he was replaced by another hausa man from katsina.

for how long will Nigeria be going through this,

cheesy
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by nigeria1: 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2007
You people do not understand, Funso Kupolokun took the best decision to sell the refinery. They have not worked for 30 years, Funso Kupolokun was not NNPC boss for 30 years. There is something wrong. For God sake. Yar Adua should hand over the refinery to Dangote. Nigeria govt workers have shown for 30 years they can not handle and manage this refinery. Yar Adua should get the fact right. Even if Jesus is NNPC boss, the refinery would not work.

You can not change the altitude of Nigerian toward govt companies.

Not to forget showing on Naija Television is the movie" Love or hate."
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by denex: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2007
@nigeria1

is it Kupolokun that is deciding to sell the refineries abi Kupolokun is the main spanner in the works.

Has Kupolokun not been the one saying that the refineries should not be sold?

Please somebody should correct me if I'm misinformed.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Xris74: 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2007
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by nigeria1: 12:21am On Aug 12, 2007
he wanted them to sell. The problem is that some people see the NNPC as pot of Gold for contract. They believe if it is in private hand their business of stealing from Nigeria govt is over. That is why they ask Yar Adua to take it from Dangote,   Many businessmen in Nigeria get contract from NNPC, they see Dangote as the block to this contract. And do not think I am from the North. I am not. I am pure Yorubaman. So do not assume wrong.   This same people now have their eyes on the GMS licence Nigsat company was given. They want the licence so bad, that they want Yar Adua to sack the boss Nigsat. or what ever name. they call your satellite program. I think his name is Boniface.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by DisGuy: 12:32am On Aug 12, 2007
babasin:

and he was replaced by another hausa man from katsina.

for how long will Nigeria be going through this,

cheesy

apparently Funsho kopolokun was to be replaced by one ayimn** but he was not Ijaw enough for 'his people' they said he is itsekiri** just like some people said Okiro wasnt Igbo enough undecided so "for how long will Nigeria be going through this"

**spellings
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by akeme: 1:29am On Aug 12, 2007
Well its a start but a whole lot more cleaning house is order. Especially if this is what was really going on in NNPC.

"Nigeria's penchant for producing crude oil far in excess of the quota periodically assigned the country by the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has been exposed as racket intentionally orchestrated by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the oil companies, to enable top officials of NNPC to continously fleece the coountry of several billions of dollars.

In fact, documents available to Saturday Sun indicate that between 1999 and 2002 alone, the NNPC officials allegedly diverted over $4.5 billion, smiling to their banks with well over N502.2 billion"

Full Article: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/aug/11/national-11-08-2007-001.htm
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by DisGuy: 1:43am On Aug 12, 2007
A former staff of Chevron Nigeria Limited, Mr. Alex Nenyim,is said to have been okayed by President Umaru Yar’Adua as Kupolokun’s successor.

Nenyim’s appointment would have been announced on Tuesday, but for protests from Ijaw people. The Ijaw were angry that Nenyim, like the Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, is an Itsekiri.

The appointment of Nenyim is the second time the government would go outside the NNPC’s fold to source for a GMD. The appointment of the immediate past Minister of Energy, Dr. Edmund Daukoru, from the Shell Petroleum Development Company, was the first.

e-punch 11th aug'07
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by Xris74: 1:57am On Aug 12, 2007
Why are Ijaws causing trouble all over the place?
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by nigeria1: 4:28am On Aug 12, 2007
sorry, It is not possible to transfer $4billion from Nigeria,  No it is not possible. Let me tell you most of this nonsense you see Nigeria newspaper write is crab. You can not tranfer that large a sum without it been block by oyigbo,  Even if you want to transfer less than 10,000 dollar , Oyigbo go call police on you. It is a lie,  Sun newspaper is not to be taken serious. They made up the sorry. The computer system will show red light. and block the transfer. That how the computer program are written. The next thing you hear is a police man knocking your door. And they would arrest you.

The sun wrote the story to discredit president Obasanjo. because they blame all that happen to orji kalu on obasanjo. If you doubt me. Please transfer $10,001 dollar to your family member in America and see if they would not arrest him.

On Dangote issue. It is an Issue of credibility. You can not sell a company and now turn around and take it back. No investor would come to Nigeria, if the federal govt show that they are not credible.  Look, it shows that if a white man comes to Nigeria to invest,  and buys a company , that tomorrow the govt can change its mind. Who would put his money in that economy. Most people upset with the sale. are just been sentimental that Dangote is not from the Niger delta. That is crab. The word of God does not want us to discriminate. And this is more of discrimination. That why I am upset.
Re: Nnpc Boss Mr. Funso Kupolokun And Others Sacked! by denex: 5:33am On Aug 12, 2007
@nigeria1

are you sure that Kupolokun wanted to sell the refineries or he was the one that said the refineries could be run by the government through NNPC?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go / Enugu Assembly Passes Bill Banning Okada / Explaing This Picture And Get #750 Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.