Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,704 members, 7,851,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:35 PM

Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands (18459 Views)

Strike: FG Mulls Proscription Of ASUU / ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands / Strike: Fg Mulls Unification Of ASUU, Ssanu, Nasu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by 9ice007(m): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2022
When I tell people that the present administrative don't the child of a common man in mind.... after all this stuff tell me who will still suffer them, is it not the students.
Why is our leaders treating us this way, upon all the money that the steal it can't satisfy them, for how long shall will continue to cry put in pains and frustration.
Just wish God can just end this world.
4month and still counting chaii Nigeria �� which way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by GUNITGuy: 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2022
maasoap:

If the little amount as school fees by the students in public schools is the problem and paying higher tuition fees is the solution as both of you have agreed, I wonder why many private universities with outrageous tuition fees are not making visible difference
Let's not be deceived that system is not sustainable in the long run..I am sure you don't plan sending your children to any public university....
We can't continue to deceive ourselves or play the ostrich a system that tolerates long time strike for the past 40yearz only to end in the salary increments of lecturers and all their outstanding salaries during the strike are paid is not ideal at all...
Who suffers here no one but the students
Let's device another means of running our institution there must be a way out of this challenge....
Let's drive a purpose and vision driven institution that meets the needs tailored to our society and the world at large..... Funding should come in another way not just government that's what I am trying to say......
The wastage is just too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by kernniejay(m): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2022
carreport:
ASUU has been a curse to this country.
Now its time for negotiations and its their salary and wages that are top of the list.
Later they will lie to the students that this fight is for them.

ASUU is not your problem, direct your frustration to the ex-Accountant General that siphoned billions of naira through the fraudulent IPPIS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Gabbriell: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
successmatters:

Their book is haram is for poor people to believe, as buharri was supporting book is haram, Yusuf buharri was in a London University reading.

grin grin grin
Lobaton

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by AbuAeesha: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
uniquelyspecial:

Hello Nigeria youth, things don't work that way.

You think ASUU is not backed by the Constitution?
How do you think the Nigeria government that we know can be confronted about labour issues?

Think again, and think well.

but still in this same country one administration once suspended ASUU
whr was the constitution?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Swissgoldenpro(m): 12:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
I hope this strike ends soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Godismighty: 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2022
Call off d strike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Ojetayo17(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
This foolish ASUU are planning to drive this strike to one year..... they're not tired of staying at home because of they are lazy man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by KelvinHerbert: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2022
ASUU should collect their money this time in full
so that by the time we resume we will not have to go on strike again

By the way give us your assignment, project work and thesis
Specifications
All education courses.
Chemistry
Microbiology
Zoology
Agriculture related courses
Call us on + 234 81 015 119 28

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Churchboym10(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
bahaushe1:

Didn't you see revitalization fund? Is that one for ASUU members?

I hope that money will not go into wrong hands.
I am talking out of experience..... oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by maasoap(m): 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
GUNITGuy:

Let's not be deceived that system is not sustainable in the long run . .I am sure you don't plan sending your children to any public university....
We can't continue to deceive ourselves or play the ostrich a system that tolerates long time strike for the past 40yearz only to end in the salary increments of lecturers and all their outstanding salaries during the strike are paid is not ideal at all...
Who suffers here no one but the students
Let's device another means of running our institution there must be a way out of this challenge....
Let's drive a purpose and vision driven institution that meets the needs tailored to our society and the world at large..... Funding should come in another way not just government that's what I am trying to say......
The wastage is just too much

You don't know me but you are sure! What kind of logic is that? Of course, I do. Like I said, I couldn't see any big difference our private universities with outrageous tuition fees are making.
It is not about pricing the kids of the masses out of the university education but about the academicians and government coming together to chat a new course for education in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by maasoap(m): 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
subsidywise18:

They are, slowly, but they are.

Eventually in ten years we would see the difference.

Yet to be seen. I haven't seen or read their students and graduates outperforming the ones from the public universities.

Or you want to keep pretending that all is well with our government owned universities?

No, all is not well. But what I don't understand is the conclusion of both of you that making students and their parents sourcing for outrageous tuition fees which they may not be able to afford is the solution! There is too much corruption and waste of public resources in this country, it is not like there is no money to finance our public universities.
And again, the flaw in our educational system is not limited to underfunding but also curriculum that has nothing to do with innovation, technology, business skills acquisition, and so on.
Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2022
maasoap:

Yet to be seen. I haven't seen or read their students and graduates outperforming the ones from the public universities.

No, all is not well. But what I don't understand is the conclusion of both of you that making students and their parents sourcing for outrageous tuition fees which they may not be able to afford is the solution! There is too much corruption and waste of public resources in this country, it is not like there is no money to finance our public universities.
And again, the flaw in our educational system is not limited to underfunding but also curriculum that has nothing to do with innovation, technology, business skills acquisition, and so on.

So, let's keep on pretending that $200 fees can pay for $50000 education.

Our universites are not in the top 20 of the world. Because they are poorly funded. We better be realistic about that. We cannot keep on pretending all is well.

You want improved curriculum, and improved facilites.? Money pays for such stuff. It's sad, but it is the truth.

We can't do adavnced research, and so forth , and our students even live in very awful living conditons...because there is no money to pay for all that because fees are too too low.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Lingudy(m): 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2022
bahaushe1:

1) ASUU has been meeting FGN representatives at three different levels: Prof. Briggs renegotiation committee, Minister of education and his team, and the Tripartite plus committee.

2) Substantial progress has been made on ALL the issues in contention however, the union is yet to disclose details to members.

3) Even though details of FGN proposal were not made available to ASUU members, the union conducted nationwide branche congress meetings last week to update members on development. The body language of ASUU leaders at those congresses is that of euphoria.

4) The union was to meet Prof Briggs committee last Thursday, it appears from this article that that meeting took place and probably a follow-up on Saturday.

5) The union is to hold another branche congress this week. From my previous experience the congress will most likely divide the fate of the strike.

6) If (5) above occur, then the union may summon an emergency NEC over the weekend. The outcome of any emergency NEC meeting at this critical time will most likely be suspension of strike.

NB: This is my personal opinion based on the little information I have concerning the strike.

I hope this help!
Ok sir, thanks sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Isokoson1: 8:26pm On Jun 06, 2022
Mehn this is beyond local man logistics

I laugh when I see people blaming ASUU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by GUNITGuy: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2022
maasoap:

You don't know me but you are sure! What kind of logic is that? Of course, I do. Like I said, I couldn't see any big difference our private universities with outrageous tuition fees are making.
It is not about pricing the kids of the masses out of the university education but about the academicians and government coming together chat a new course for education in Nigeria.
Paying outrageous fees is not th the issue but value this institution create to our immediate environment.....
For now these institution are only raising people who would feed the US, Europe institution for masters or PhD and ultimately work to improve other climes....
Most people graduating in the next 10years are not going to work or live in Nigeria .......
These country isn't prepared for the future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by BOSSkesh(m): 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
bahaushe1:

The strike will be suspended very very soon.

Banhause1 please what's the update about the strike did the branch meetings go ahead as scheduled or I didn't abi FG don fvck up again
I'm asking because ASUU said they'll brief the media this week but it seems they've canceled the briefing I hope all is well oo as I was really hoping the strike will be suspended this month
Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by bahaushe1: 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
BOSSkesh:

Banhause1 please what's the update about the strike did the branch meetings go ahead as scheduled or I didn't abi FG don fvck up again
I'm asking because ASUU said they'll brief the media this week but it seems they've canceled the briefing I hope all is well oo as I was really hoping the strike will be suspended this month

Branche meetings did not hold. No response from ASUU leadership yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by BOSSkesh(m): 6:56pm On Jun 10, 2022
bahaushe1:

Branche meetings did not hold. No response from ASUU leadership yet.

Nawa oo
I really thought it was progressing very well until I started hearing sad news again
I'm your opinion is there any hope that the strike will be suspended this month??
Sorry for bothering you with too many questions

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Lingudy(m): 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2022
bahaushe1:

The strike will be suspended very very soon.
Good day sir, it been a while.
Any update sir?
Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by EIeyigidigan: 12:12am On Aug 29, 2022
Lingudy:

Good day sir, it been a while.
Any update sir?
strike has been suspended for 90 days
Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:13am On Aug 29, 2022
EIeyigidigan:
Are you sure about this?
Re: Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands by Kenneth10110(m): 6:23am On Aug 29, 2022
EIeyigidigan:

stop spreading news you haven't verified.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Lock Your Pussy During Sex / UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers / YABATECH 2016/2017 Departmental Cutoff Marks And Jamb Cut Off Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.