Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu (634 Views)

Abdulaziz Nyako: I'm A Herdsman & A Senator, You Must Ban Cow Meat First Before / Nigerians React As Tinubu Says "Is Evans A Herdsman?" At Fasoranti's Home / ‘is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu Speaks On Murder Of Fasoranti’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by bigboluet(m): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2022
Tinubu, who is currently being attacked by Nigerians for keeping quiet over the deadly activities of Fulani herdsmen across the country, on July 14, 2019, said kidnapping is not peculiar to any ethnic group or a particular set of people.

Tinubu, who is currently being attacked by Nigerians for keeping quiet over the deadly activities of Fulani herdsmen across the country, on July 14, 2019, said kidnapping is not peculiar to any ethnic group or a particular set of people.

The former Lagos State Governor disclosed this while fielding questions from journalists after paying a condolence visit to Afenifere leader, Reuben Fasoranti, whose daughter, Funke Olakunri, was killed by gunmen along Kajola – Ore Road.

Though Afenifere said the attackers were herdsmen, Tinubu denied the claim, saying those blaming them for the death did not have evidence.

He said, “I am extremely concerned about security but I don’t want stigma. I can go through history of kidnapping and we know how it started, where it all started, there are lot of copycats, how many years ago have we faced insecurity in this country and cases of kidnapping? Is Evans a herdsman?

“I don’t want to be political, but I will ask, where are the cows?”

Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, suspected kidnapper better known as Evans, was arrested by the police in 2017 and is still in their custody.

Evans' arrest was described by the police as a major achievement as he had been wanted for some time.

Indeed to show how big the arrest was, the Police Service Commission (PSC) in April 2018 said 45 officers who participated in the successful arrest of Evans had been granted special promotions.

The APC stalwart further said Olakunri’s death was painful, but added that she was destined to die that way.

“It has been destined that that is the way she would go. You can't change what is ordained by God. One way or the other, it could be death by road accident, or any other way,” he said.

However, in April 2019, the police arrested some suspects said to be responsible for Olakunri's death. They were identified as Lawal Mazaje, 40, from the Felele area of Kogi State; Adamu Adamu, 50, from Jada, Adamawa State; Mohammed Usman, 26, from Illela, Sokoto State; and Auwal Abubakar, 25, an indigene of Shinkafi, Zamfara State.
The suspects are currently being tried and some reports have identified them as Fulani.

Rotimi Akeredolu, Governor of Ondo state had last week ordered herders to vacate the forest reserves within seven days over the rising insecurity situation in the state

He had said “bad elements” have turned the forest reserves into hideouts for keeping victims of kidnapping, negotiating ransom and carrying out other criminal activities.

Sunday Adeyemo, better known as Sunday Igboho, also asked herdsmen in Igangan in Ibarapa North Local Government Area of Oyo State to leave within seven days following reports of the killing of some residents.

Akeredolu and Igboho’s directives had sparked different reactions, with Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, saying the governor could not unilaterally oust thousands of herders “who have lived all their lives in the state”.

But Afenifere, Yoruba sociopolitical group, said Shehu’s response showed that President Muhammadu Buhari’s government prioritise Fulani interests above those of other ethnic groups.

Source: https://saharareporters.com/2021/01/25/flashback-%E2%80%98where-are-cows-evans-herdsman%E2%80%99-%E2%80%94-when-tinubu-spoke-murder-fasoranti%E2%80%99s-daughter

1 Like

Re: FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by bigboluet(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2022
This is not the first time we are being attacked!

It is only getting worse because when leaders should act fast they were playing loyal politics.

Fayose acted well in Ekiti and Akeredolu always speaks when matters. History will never forget them as regard Insecurities in South West.

I won't say more than that. . .
Re: FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by melonsgroup: 10:38am On Jun 06, 2022
Hope he finds them
Re: FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by Thoh(m): 10:39am On Jun 06, 2022
Love no Fulani.

Oduduwa Republic
Capital Lagos.

Biafra Republic
Capital Enugu

Ijaw Republic
Capital Wilberforce City

Kwararafa (Middle Belt) Republic
Capital Wukari

With useless unity begging Arewa Republic.
Capital Kano
Re: FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:16am On Jun 06, 2022
I've not nussing to say.
Re: FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by Born2Breed(f): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2022
Tinubu is one of the kingpins of terrorists.

A former drug baron, a ritualist, a thief and a blood-sucking demon.

He will weep soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by seguno2: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2023
Deleted
Re: FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by Zulum500: 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kikiki 🤣😁🤣🤣
Obidense don loose 😎😎🤣
Re: FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by lazynairalander1: 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
All of a sudden naira redesign bite him, he suddenly cares about the masses.
🦇 can only deceive those gullible touts in motor parks. All the sensible Nigerians can see through his lies and deceit.
Re: FLASHBACK: ‘where Are The Cows? Is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu by Bontafa: 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
melonsgroup:
Hope he finds them

My brother ooooooo

Now they said Fulani is Thier wife .

But when Bola fail they will want to break up

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Suffering From Epileptic Power Supply Are Insulting Peter Obi / 2023:Peter Obi Can't Win Because Not Ready To Bribe Corrupt & Hungry Nigerians / ANALYSIS: 2023: What Fate Awaits APC Candidate Bola Tinubu In Northern Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.