Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation (632 Views)

See Atiku's Reaction After APC Announced Lawan As Consensus Candidate (picture) / Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / APC Presidential Ticket: Senators Divided Over Moves To Pick Lawan As Consensus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2022

Yesterday, the national chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, stirred controversy. He announced Senate President Ahmed Lawan as the choice of President Muhammadu Buhari.
This was interpreted by many as the party’s
“consensus candidate” as the President has asked the governors of the party and the presidential aspirants to consult and adopt the option.

Adamu told the party’s NWC that he had held consultations with Buhari and that he had the President’s mandate to inform the members. The pronouncement generated uproar within and outside the party, with many wondering if

some agents of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) may not have invaded the APC national secretariat to cause last minute confusion, create disaffection among party leaders and weaken the platform ahead of the general election to pave the way for the emergence of Atiku Abubakar as president.

Those who nurse the fear pointed out that certain few defectors to the APC from the PDP may still be maintaining strong links with their former party, thereby constituting themselves into enemies within.

Few minutes after Adamu’s pronouncement , aggrieved APC Northern governors stormed Aso Villa to meet the president.

Alighting from the emergency meeting, they told reporters that ‘ on zoning to the South they stood, ‘rejecting Adamu’s unilateral declaration and its divisive and destabilising consequences.

It was evident that the NWC and governors now suspect the party chairman, following the loss of mutual trust and confidence.

https://thenationonlineng.net/abdullahi-adamus-failed-coup/
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Olabanjozs: 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2022
Wahala
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2022
Dem don dey open their nyansh small small. Make dem dey pretend. Las las dem go serve Lagos baba hot breakfast

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Lazyreporta(m): 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
This country self with fake news..

Social media should be regulated heavily
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by topoftheworld(m): 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
No election 2023.

This I have seen.
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by 9jatriot(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2022
If APC survives this night/tomorrow then they will need to put all PDP decampees in their rightful places, many of them have been very destructive, starting from Saraki.
Amaechi has been the only fair one.
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by helinues: 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2022
As his own consensus candidate as northerners have distanced themselves from Adamu's statement
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2022
Lazyreporta:
This country self with fake news..
Social media should be regulated heavily
Which fake news You no see who dey report am. You think sey I dey post beer parlor weekly
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Odingo1: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
helinues:
As his own consensus candidate as northerners have distanced themselves from Adamu's statement
Keep giving yourself fake hope.
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by helinues: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2022
Odingo1:

Keep giving yourself fake hope

Toh
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Lazyreporta(m): 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Which fake news
You no see who dey report am. You think sey I dey post beer parlor weekly

I still maintain my stand.. It's fake news.. Why today if it was announced yesterday? Media waited or what?
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Odingo1: 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2022
helinues:

Toh
Which northern delegate will vote for Tinubu. Governors don’t vote.

Lawan have won already.
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by helinues: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2022
Odingo1:

Which northern delegate will vote for Tinubu. Governors don’t vote.

Sebi Tinubu is the only Southern candidate in Apc
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Simeonjoe1: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2022
All this tinubu paper Sha working overtime since 4pm. E sure me say personally may dey type am self go don tire. But this na the time to cash out Sha.

#HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Agwotulumbe(f): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
helinues:

Sebi Tinubu is the only Southern candidate in Apc
what of your normal quote "Tinubu presidency or lagoon"
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by helinues: 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
Agwotulumbe:
what of your normal quote "Tinubu presidency or lagoon"

Who is this?

Did you miss road?
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by VaginaMiners: 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
This is Atiku winning even before the election.
The guy shouldn't even campaign.
He only needs a VP from the SS/SW and he'd be declared winner before 10am on the election day as opposed to the 1pm which was earlier postulated
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Lazyreporta:

I still maintain my stand.. It's fake news.. Why today if it was announced yesterday? Media waited or what?

Everybody don know wetin go shelle since last week. Why you think sey Tinubu go release him lamentations for ogun state. Like bad loser, him wan turn basketmouth last week. All this one dem dey do now na script them dey act. The nation jus dey leak am small small with style. Wait till next week, more go come out
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Agwotulumbe(f): 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2022
helinues:

Who is this?

Did you miss road?
stop sending me PMs
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by helinues: 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
Agwotulumbe:
stop sending me PMs

Swear with Amadioha if I have ever sent you PM before
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Lazyreporta(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Everybody don know wetin go shelle since last week. Why you think sey Tinubu go release him lamentations for ogun state. Like bad loser, him wan turn basketmouth last week. All this one dem dey do now na script them dey act. The nation jus dey leak am small small with style. Wait till next week, more go come out

Can you imagine? So everyone knows since last week already... Even though the convention is tomorrow? I am sure you all know say na permutations right? But you already concluded it's the fact.. Even if your guesses are right, so far its not yet declared, it remains and assumptions.. So posting as though it's real is false news

Just imagine the result is different from your assumptions, what happens?
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Can you imagine? So everyone knows since last week already... Even though the convention is tomorrow? I am sure you all know say na permutations right? But you already concluded it's the fact.. Even if your guesses are right, so far its not yet declared, it remains and assumptions.. So posting as though it's real is false news

Just imagine the result is different from your assumptions, what happens?

I dey tell you sey whatever happen tomorrow na last week dem conclude the matter. You think sey dem go wait till las minute to decide matter. Guy you be learner
Re: Adamu Announced Lawan As Consensus Yesterday: The Nation by Lazyreporta(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

I dey tell you sey whatever happen tomorrow na last week dem conclude the matter. You think sey dem go wait till las minute to decide matter. Guy you be learner

Are you sure that it's exactly what you posted that will happen tomorrow?

Can you vouch for that?

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Supporters Gather Here I Have Something Special For You Guys / Can Tinubu Debate? / Is Peter Obi The Most Clever Thief In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.