Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Nigerian Politics Is Tiring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politics Is Tiring (173 Views)

Politics Is Tiring As Deji Adeyanju Wail Over Tinubu Visits To Obasanjo / Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm / Recent Nigerian Politics In Funny Meme Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Politics Is Tiring by JimiJunji: 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
Like seriously speaking I've been following nigerian political spaces and conversations on Twitter and nairaland and omo, it's a jungle. The tribal, religious and partisan gbasgbos can be really intense. Sometimes I see Nigerian masses(especially those who argue and fight for politicians) as dogs and the politician they support being the owner of the dog, each dog is fighting for his owner while the owners sit and watch. It's like this one twitter and nairaland, everyone is trying to push the agenda of their masters especially Twitter influencers. From all this all I see is the hypocritical and self serving nature of the average Nigerian. Most of the folks pushing their respective politician aren't really doing it because they think that such person can actually change Nigeria for the better but the fact that it appeals to their personal, tribal or religious interest and not the general interest of the country. Forget the fake outrage and performative activism, most really don't care about what happened in owo, what's happening in the north or the south east it's all about strategic positioning and clout that's why they're quick to move on from any disaster.

These are just my thoughts I felt to share on nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Politics Is Tiring by Natbrowny: 3:37pm On Jun 06, 2022
JimiJunji:
Most of the folks pushing their respective politician aren't really doing it because they think that such person can actually change Nigeria for the better but the fact that it appeals to their personal, tribal or religious interest and not the general interest of the country.

It has always been this factor. What do u expect from a country with diverse cultures, different languages, 400+ dialects, and RELIGION.

(1) (Reply)

Sheikh Shuaib Agaka Imparted Islamic Knowledge On My Family – Emir Of Ilorin / 2023 Election; This Is Whom Nigerians Think Is Fit To Rule Come 2023 / Why Does Self Determination Sounds Like Betrayal In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.