Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,368 members, 7,836,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate (3143 Views)

Ahmad Lawan Contested Yobe North Primary - Adamu, APC National Chair / Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Plus10(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
grin grin angry
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Truthisunique2: 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
Adamu isn't the one to announce it, et us wait for buhari
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by PrinceOfLagos: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
post=113532381:
Fake news
I just finished watching Northern Governors Forum meeting with PMB they agreed that next president should come from South and there is no anointed candidate.
Baba, lawn is the APC flag bearer
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Agwotulumbe(f): 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
lol lalasticlala front page

sogodinho come ooo

Mooh247
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by LaconicINC: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
Weird! I hope Peter Obi is able to get some decent votes because this rubber stamp senate president stand no chance against Atiku
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by garfield1: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
vicdom:
cheesy
Kwankwaso+Atiku+Lawan= Northern Votes

Obi= Southern Votes and some North-central votes cheesy grin
Garfield1, Fergie001

I saw this coming that is why peter obi was my plan b
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by fergie001: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
vicdom:
cheesy
Kwankwaso+Atiku+Lawan= Northern Votes

Obi= Southern Votes and some North-central votes cheesy grin
Let me calm down with what I just heard.

The APC must back the President.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by oshonwambada: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
phemmyjohnson:
CONTRARY to the position of most Northern Governors on power shift to the South National Chairman of thee All Progressives Congress, Senator Abdullah I Adamu has announced Senate president Ahmad Lawan as APC consensus presidential candidate.
Adamu, Vanguard gathered announced this at the meeting of theNational Working Committee, NWC, on Monday, in Abuja.

However, some members of the NWC, sources said, kicked against the move and insisted that other Presidential aspirants which include Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Engr. David Umahi must be allowed to contest the primary election at tomorrow’s convention scheduled at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

Adamu’s adoption of Lawan as consensus candidate is against the position of 11 APC nothern governors who endorsed that power must shift to the South after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.
Adamu told the NWC that he arrived at the choice of Lawan after consultation with President Buhari.

Buhari, Northern govs in closed-door meeting
Reacting to the move, some APC northern governors raced to Aso Villa and currently meeting with -President Muhammadu Buhari.
The meeting is coming a day before the commencement of the party’s convention to elect its presidential candidate for the 2023 general elections.

Although President Buhari has maintained his position on the consensus arrangement, there has not been any agreement among the 23 presidential aspirants.
The meeting with the APC governors from the North is the fourth parley in his effort to ensure that the party presents a consensus candidate so as to reduce acrimony that may arise at the end of the convention.

The governors in attendance are Chairman of Progressive Governors Forum and governor of Kebbi state, Atiku Bagudu, chairman of Northern governors Forum and governor of Plateau State, Simeon Lalong, Abubakar Baduru (Jigawa) and Babagana Zulum (Borno).
Others are Aminu Bello Masari (Katsina), Abdullahi Sule (Nasarawa), Bello Matawale (Zamfara), Mallam Nasir el-Rufai (Kaduna), Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano), Yahaya Inuwa (Gombe), Abubakar Bello (Niger), and the Yobe State governor, Mai Mala Buni.
As at the time of sending this report, only the governor of Kogi, Yahaya Bello was yet to arrive.
Bello is also a presidential aspirant

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/breaking-apc-convention-adamu-announces-lawan-as-consensus-candidate-at-nwc-meeting/

More details soon
We didn't read
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Mooh247: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
Agwotulumbe:
lol lalasticlala front page

sogodinho come ooo

Mooh247

So long there is Primaries tomorrow all other news Na trash

Buhari and his candidate with Ibo online support go all collect
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Mattsilva: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
I'm not surprised, I see this coming since.
Where is Tinubu that was fighting his own brothers over power. Brizz don blow Fowel nach don open.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Agwotulumbe(f): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
Mooh247:

So long there is Primaries tomorrow all other news Na trash

Buhari and his candidate with Ibo online support go all collect
rubbish
well meaning Nigerians are going to vote Peter obi.
we're just catching cruise with una tears

Hehehehe
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by NwaIdeato: 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2022
post=113532381:
Fake news
I just finished watching Northern Governors Forum meeting with PMB they agreed that next president should come from South and there is no anointed candidate.
So they told you the exclusive details of their meeting because you're an executive member?

Clown

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by pachigo001(m): 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
Tinubu and his urchins right now grin

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Proudlyomonna: 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
Not believing it yet until it is beyond doubt confirmed
But e go pain some people sha grin
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Mooh247: 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
Agwotulumbe:

rubbish
well meaning Nigerians are going to vote Peter obi.
we're just catching cruise with una tears

Hehehehe

Lol

Pandora sef knows he is a failed joke taken too far, even on twitter he doesn't even have a million followers

Jokers, why am I even discussing National Politics with Ibos sef
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Hydroxide(m): 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
Oh! Sorrow for Tinubu and the yorubas. Time to vote for my peter obi in peace

2 Likes

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by AdeniyiA(m): 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2022
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by happney65: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
He don happen I don tell am he don happen,motor don jam am . grin
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Agwotulumbe(f): 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
Mooh247:

Lol

Pandora sef knows he is a failed joke taken too far, even on twitter he doesn't even have a million followers

hahahhaahaha Apc no show love ooo

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Bizibi(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Apc just made a huge blunder.....
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by dmostcheerful(f): 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
Mooh247:

Lol

Oga you Jaga Jaga have 1.1m followers and so do Peter Obi too

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Simeonjoe1: 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
post=113532381:
Fake news

Bro better wake up. North don play the south.
Lawan vs Atiku. Omo this North no rate southerners at all
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Truthisunique2: 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2022
post=113532381:
Fake news
grin relax some real politics is about to be played here

Notice the timing it was said, there is more time for negotiation

Also notice adamu is the one talking not buhari that should be saying it

I specifically believe lawan only exists for this purpose to create this moment

I see the northern governor's again meeting buhari and saying there is no equity there, and the southernerns revolting then buhari would now go for the south like he shifted some ground

He would then appoint a southernern not from south west, since it's now a clamour it should go to south at least not even south west

It would seem he shifted position and the south westerners would have to shift too.

I really was asking myself why 3 day convention, I should have seen this drama coming

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Narcotics Charge; Keyamo's Defense Lies Bursted. / Guards Brigade Commander Only Answers To President—ex-security Chief / Jonathan Bars Gov. Akpabio From Aso-rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.