Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

BREAKING] APC Convention: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate At NWC Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING] APC Convention: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate At NWC Me (228 Views)

Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / Fayemi: Buhari Should Campaign For His Candidate At Eagle's Square (Video) / IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1)

BREAKING] APC Convention: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate At NWC Me by Tissaia(f): 4:30pm On Jun 06, 2022
Skip to content
Vanguard News

Menu
HOME
LATEST NEWS
METRO
SPORTS
ENTERTAINMENT
VIDEOS
RELATIONSHIPS
POLITICS
FORUM
POSTED INNEWS
[BREAKING] APC Convention: Adamu announces Lawan as consensus candidate at NWC meeting
June 6, 2022
. Lawan
** Members kick
** Northern govs storm Aso Rock to meet Buhari

By Clifford Ndujihe & Johnbosco Agbakwuru

CONTRARY to the position of most Northern Governors on power shift to the South National Chairman of thee All Progressives Congress, Senator Abdullah I Adamu has announced Senate president Ahmad Lawan as APC consensus presidential candidate.
Adamu, Vanguard gathered announced this at the meeting of theNational Working Committee, NWC, on Monday, in Abuja.

Read Also
Delta, my Delta
US rapper, Trouble, shot dead while making late-night visit to woman’s apartment
Umar Farouq condemns Ondo church killings

However, some members of the NWC, sources said, kicked against the move and insisted that other Presidential aspirants which include Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Engr. David Umahi must be allowed to contest the primary election at tomorrow’s convention scheduled at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

ADVERTISING

Adamu’s adoption of Lawan as consensus candidate is against the position of 11 APC nothern governors who endorsed that power must shift to the South after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.
Adamu told the NWC that he arrived at the choice of Lawan after consultation with President Buhari.

Buhari, Northern govs in closed-door meeting
Reacting to the move, some APC northern governors raced to Aso Villa and currently meeting with -President Muhammadu Buhari.

The meeting is coming a day before the commencement of the party’s convention to elect its presidential candidate for the 2023 general elections.

Although President Buhari has maintained his position on the consensus arrangement, there has not been any agreement among the 23 presidential aspirants.

The meeting with the APC governors from the North is the fourth parley in his effort to ensure that the party presents a consensus candidate so as to reduce acrimony that may arise at the end of the convention.

The governors in attendance are Chairman of Progressive Governors Forum and governor of Kebbi state, Atiku Bagudu, chairman of Northern governors Forum and governor of Plateau State, Simeon Lalong, Abubakar Baduru (Jigawa) and Babagana Zulum (Borno).

Others are Aminu Bello Masari (Katsina), Abdullahi Sule (Nasarawa), Bello Matawale (Zamfara), Mallam Nasir el-Rufai (Kaduna), Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano), Yahaya Inuwa (Gombe), Abubakar Bello (Niger), and the Yobe State governor, Mai Mala Buni.

As at the time of sending this report, only the governor of Kogi, Yahaya Bello was yet to arrive.
Bello is also a presidential aspirant

READ ALSO:
‘My wife denied me sex’ — divorce-seeking actor Kalu Ikeagwu tells court
‘My wife denied me sex’ — divorce-seeking actor Kalu Ikeagwu tells court
SHOWNG-NEWS
Single Girls Might Be Looking For You
Single Girls Might Be Looking For You
EmilyDates
Best Diet for Lazy People! Up to -20 Kg in 4 Weeks! No Workouts!
Best Diet for Lazy People! Up to -20 Kg in 4 Weeks! No Workouts!
Black Latte
If Your Blood Pressure Is 140/90 Or Higher, Do This Daily
If Your Blood Pressure Is 140/90 Or Higher, Do This Daily
neoritm
Anyone With Type 2 Diabetes Should Watch This!
Anyone With Type 2 Diabetes Should Watch This!
healthgoodtop

Online Data Entry Job in USA from Nigeria. Salaries Might surprise you
Online Data Entry Job in USA from Nigeria. Salaries Might surprise you
USA Job from Home | Search Ads

Do you speak English? You Might Be Able To Work For a USA Company, Living in Kano
Do you speak English? You Might Be Able To Work For a USA Company, Living in Kano
Online Jobs In USA | Search Ad...

Download Waje and win money
Download Waje and win money
Waje Game--enjoy whot game

Disclaimer
Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of vanguard newspapers or any employee thereof.

MOST READ
Bandits kill over 25 worshippers in Ondo ChurchBandits kill over 25 worshippers in Ondo Church
LAMIDO: Buhari working on Amaechi/Lawan ticketLAMIDO: Buhari working on Amaechi/Lawan ticket
ZONING: No southerner did more damage than 80 of 95 Igbo delegates to PDP convention — Osita ChidokaZONING: No southerner did more damage than 80 of 95 Igbo delegates to PDP convention — Osita Chidoka
2023: We’re not slaves, we’ll support Peter Obi — PDP chieftain2023: We’re not slaves, we’ll support Peter Obi — PDP chieftain
Strike: ASUU mulls concessions on main demandsStrike: ASUU mulls concessions on main demands
join-our-whatsapp-community
LATEST NEWS
[BREAKING] APC Convention: Adamu announces Lawan as consensus candidate at NWC meeting
June 6, 2022
Delta, my Delta
June 6, 2022
US rapper, Trouble, shot dead while making late-night visit to woman’s apartment
June 6, 2022
Umar Farouq condemns Ondo church killings
June 6, 2022
Hubforjobs.com Launches in Nigeria: Poised To Become Africa’s Biggest Job Portal
June 6, 2022
MOST COMMENTED
Owo church Attack: Over 50 killed; I’ll make them pay — Akeredolu
Buhari keeps aspirants guessing hours to APC presidential primary
PDP to Buhari, APC: You’ve pact with terrorists; says ‘Ruling party’s silence on Owo Church attack confirms complicity’
2023: 'North or nothing', northern APC youths tell Buhari, governors
Owo Catholic Church attack is declaration of war against Yoruba People — Akintoye

COLUMNS
war
The country lies drained in the valley between party primaries
war
The country lies drained in the valley between party primaries
university education
The CBN is powerless to correct economic problems

ADVERTORIAL

Hubforjobs.com Launches in Nigeria: Poised To Become Africa’s Biggest Job Portal

Mutual Funds – The Future of Investing
How Gift Cards And Digital Assets Help Nigerian Youths Create Revenue

EDITORIAL
Rehabilitation of Deborah Samuel’s family
Okada ban in Lagos: It’s D-Day!
Curbing electoral corruption
EFCC versus Okorocha
Deborah Samuel: Unfinished businesses
DOWNLOAD MOBILE APP
Download Official News App

FOREIGN
Joe Biden claps back at Elon Musk’s economy comments
Queen Elizabeth makes surprise appearance on balcony at Platinum Jubilee finale
Nigerian man commits suicide after killing mother-in-law, injuring wife in Texas
PHOTO: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry absent as Royal Family poses on balcony
No offers yet on concerns over Finland, Sweden NATO bids — Erdogan

EPAPER
Vanguard Newspaper 06 June 2022 Todays Paper
download now
ALLURE

SWEET CRUDE
EDUCATION
ENVIRONMENT
MOTORING
METRO
INTERVIEW
LABOUR
LAW & HUMAN RIGHTS
BUS STOP PARLIAMENT
CRIME GUARD
CRIME ALERT
HOMES & PROPERTY
INVESTORS FORUM
INSURANCE AND YOU
FEATURES
WORSHIP
CONFERENCE HALL
LIFESTYLE
HEALTH
TRAVEL & TOURISM
HUMAN ANGLE
IS IT BEYOND PARDON?
THE ARTS
TUMMY TALK
WOMAN
MONDAY
SPORTS BASSEY
PEOPLE & POLITICS
RATIONAL PERSPECTIVES
SOBOWALE ON BUSINESS
BROKEN LINKS
OWEI LAKEMFA
TUESDAY
FEMI ARIBISALA
DISPATCHES FROM AMERICA
WEDNESDAY
TALKING POINT
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
TIP OF A NEW DAWN
THURSDAY
PEOPLE & POLITICS
IS’HAQ MODIBBO KAWU
THE HUB
FRIDAY
SWEET AND SOUR
LIPSTICK
OWEI LAKEMFA
SATURDAY
THE PASSING SCENE
MY WORLD
FRANK & FAIR
MARRIAGE AND FAMILY
OIL & GAS SUMMITEER
BITS AND PIECES
SUNDAY
FRANKLY SPEAKING
SUNDAY PERSPECTIVES
NIGERIA TODAY
THE ORBIT
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
JOYFUL HOMES
ARTICLE OF FAITH
© 2022 Vanguard Media Limited, Nigeria.
HomeAbout UsAdvertise With UsContact usPrivacy Policy
Re: BREAKING] APC Convention: Adamu Announces Lawan As Consensus Candidate At NWC Me by Mynd44: 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2022

(1)

Tinubu's Full Speech At Primaries / They Will All Step Down For Tinubu / Tinubu's Election As President Would Mark A "Complete Breakaway" From Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.