Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate (47985 Views)

Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / Hanan Buhari Denies Ordering DSS To Arrest, Detain Okolie Over SIM / See Moment President Buhari Denies Being A Clone, Crowd Reacts (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
Better
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by GetYourPVC02(f): 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2022
blancsn1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/buhari-meets-northern-governors-debunks-claim-on-consensus-candidate/

This news is not confirmed and for now it is fake. Latest confirmed news from news media is still Northern Governors meeting with buhari and their case for southern candidate.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/06/breaking-we-will-support-southern-presidential-candidate-apc-northern-governors-insist/.
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by SimplePlan34: 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2022
adioolayi:
Southerners should not sleep on this..

Stepdown for Tinubu..

Only Tinubu can fight this rightnow.

Shut up Tinubu should be the last southerner for anyone to step down for. In fact I prefer Lawan to Tinubu and I am Yoruba.
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by jrusky(m): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Na you wan kill am?

This is how you Tinubu people go about boasting and causing trouble for the south

Did the guy you quoted tells you he is Tinubu supporter?

So in your miserable world you want North in pdp and at the same time apc baa?

Pls for once use your brain drop hate and tribalism it kills.
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by IamYorubanza: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
Ok as Atiku has won the delegated election of the PDP, SP. Lawan wins the ticket of the APC and Kwankwaso is NNPP's candidate, that means the Northern votes will be divided amongst these 3 Northerners....I hope the south will realise that the North only remembers its own and be ready to support its only viable Southern candidate which might be Peter Obi during the election and I'm sure the North central states will support the South if they sense an amber of unity in the South....well, everything might be working together for the unity of the south....

awọn ti o li etí ki wọn gbọ́!
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by maxzzo1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
Buhari Na scam
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by lecowas: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
Elock1:
angry
Make bet9ja kuku put this APC primaries for game make I carry Tilumbu for over 2.5.

But my Game go cut sha

E Dey naija bet, but na 2.0 dem give Jabagan
Osinbajo 2.5
Ameachi get better odd . Go burn some money cheesy
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by shimolv: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2022
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by waziri4biz: 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2022
V
Johnkay01:

Lamba

Abi o my brother... The same way he initially distanced himself from endorsing Adamu as APC consensus Chairmanship candidate and later he became sole candidate
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by jrusky(m): 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2022
Buhari can try it orelse he will collapse apc.
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by EnglandAmaka(f): 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Nyanmiri dodon doya .

You'll be disgraced tomorrow grin

Akpa amu. Yoruba has been fukked without.

You know naked dey sweet pass grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Dibodibo(m): 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
BUHARI is aware of this arrangement, the governors will never accept this arrangement. thanks to the 11 northern governors If not ,BUHARI for use us play
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by AreaFada2: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
Deltatoto:
only a non politician thinks consensus is achieveable few minutes to election.I’m my place they will tell u that carry go chop no be better food.if other aspirants even agree to a consensus then congrats to atiku because there will be massive anti party activities.
But remember that APC was created to forcefully grab power, even form a parallel govt against GEJ if they lost, whether fairly or unfairly. That's why they had no plan to rule.

So neither Tinubu nor Northern cabal actually cares about the party unless it gives or retains them in power. Therefore, if APC implodes before February 2023 elections, the North will just fully support Atiku. He is Fulani and clearly naturally has Northern interest at heart. Atiku needs Northern votes than Southern votes to win. If the South loses out in the primaries, it will be due to individual greed and agbero tactics in information management/media.

Even if the South is given presidential candidacy, with the furore over the past few days, it could end up as a poisoned chalice.
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by stanisbaratheon: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
A message to jagaban

Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by basseeafricana: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
blancsn1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/buhari-meets-northern-governors-debunks-claim-on-consensus-candidate/
In 2015, I fasted for Buhari to win. In 2019, I also supported him without knowing that Buhari is a mistake to Nigeria. God, I am humbly apologized to you to forgive and bring down APC and Buhari in 2023. I am appealing to u to destroy APC.
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Bayyajidda(m): 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
We're with Ashiwaju 100%

I'm still wondering, an umpire like Adamu being that partisan angry

How on Earth sad

Here's the logo anyway ♾️

Oshinbajo Fayemi Amosun and co need to step down for Tinubu NOW.

History will be made tomorrow and I hope they're not on the wrong side of history

Asiwaju, from top to bottom
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Georgejeez: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
What goes around comes around.
Tinubu and the south west betrayed Goodluck Jonathan and the whole South for Buhari and the North , now they have been scammed .
They will have no choice than to bow to another Northerner in APC or Pitch tent with another Northerner in PDP or breakout APC and form their own party to run , which will make them contest against the whole of Nigeria because the South Easterners and South Southerners will never vote a Yoruba betrayer Jacob into power

1 Like

Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by tunamenga(m): 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
blancsn1:

Na so God go confuse all of them till the will emerge. Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku, Lawn and all of them are doing their normal business
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by penceman(m): 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
If that is the case, then we vote for peter obi enmass in the south and he wins easily
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by puremaker7(m): 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
Lawal would be picked las las
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Diligence: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
What's the hullabaloo for?

South South had 6 years with Jonathan.

SouthWest had 16 years of Obasanjo and Yemi Osinbajo and Femi Gbaja as President, Vice President and even Speaker.

NorthWest had 8 years under Buhari as President.

The President could come from any of these regions for equity, justice, national integration and unity:

SouthEast
NorthEast or
North Central

If now we have from Major Parties Atiku and Lawan from NorthEast, so be it.

Don't forget that Mr Peter Obi, the rave of the moment, bears the Presidential flag for Labour Party. I encourage all to put bitterness, witch-hunting and parochialism aside and let's support Peter Obi. He won't steal. He wld drastically reduce cost of governance and he has the blueprint with our support to save the future of Nigeria.

May Peter Obi not be another 'best President' Nigeria never had. Recall Pa Awolowo? I tell you, Nigeria has not recovered since 1979!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by ufuosman(m): 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
U deny u no deny... Apc govt is over
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Deltatoto: 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2022
AreaFada2:

But remember that APC was created to forcefully grab power, even form parallel govt against GEJ if they lost whether fairly or unfairly. That's why they had no plan to rule.

So neither Tinubu nor Northern cabals actually cares about the part unless it gives or retains them in power. Therefore, if APC implodes before February 2023 elections, the North will just fully support Atiku. He is Fulani. and clearly naturally has Northern interest at heart. Atiku needs Northern vote than Southern votes to win. If the South loses out in the primaries, it will due to individual greed and agbero tactics in information management/media.
Even if the South is given presidential candidacy, with the furore over the past few days, it could end up as a poisoned chalice.
u try I love sound reasoning.most Nigerians youths can’t make such political analysis.it’s only Man U and Chelsea it’s only big brother Nigeria they know
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by maybet081: 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2022
Realist12:
I will definitely blame the southerners if a Northerner emerges the candidate in Apc. We portrayed our politicians as evil blamed those that didn't have powers. Now we'd definitely feel bad for our actions if a Northerner emerges as the next president.
let's be straight for once, it's the Yorubas that destroyed the southern presidency, you want the north to return power to the south based on equity and fairness, only for the northern politicians to find out that the Yorubas don't ever believe in anything equity, fairness or justice.
very well then they should simply retain the power,
8 years of presidency
8 years of vice presidency for the Yorubas.
Allow the Igbo Even for just 4 years.
They said it is their turn again.
GREED AND HYPOCRISY ARE REALLY DESTRUCTIVE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Nwaajasa: 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2022
There are is no how Buhari will come out and tell you who is consensus candidate of his party, he had to send someone so he will out and deny it so that others will not attack him, but we understand the chairman's message on behalf of Oga at the Top
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by ufotunang: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
So Buhari and APC national chairman are battling each other to pick a consensus candidate.... the party is not organized
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by jnig: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2022
Keep deceiving yourselves while Tinubu takes over everything. Politics is a strategic game and TInubu is all out to win. The Senate president is not the real thing. Watch out as things unfold
Re: Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate by Swissgoldenpro(m): 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2022
who we go believe now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi And Osinbajo In A Closed-Door Meeting (Photos) / Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 / Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.