Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Abiola 1993: Did Igbos Ever Vote For Abiola? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Abiola 1993: Did Igbos Ever Vote For Abiola? (528 Views)

How Late MKO Abiola Won June 12 1993 Election [full Result] / Biography Of Running Mate Of Late MKO Abiola Baba Gana Kingibe / Why Did Igbos Lose The War, If They Are The Chosen Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abiola 1993: Did Igbos Ever Vote For Abiola? by donb06: 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2022
All my life, the narrative was igbos never voted for abiola. Just for me to find out today that abiola got 47% of all Igbo votes... Common like 47% is huge na. Yet no reciprocity politically from my western brothers. In 1999. Igbos gave obasanjo 85% of their votes.

This is for those that think disliking Tinubu means hatred for Yorubas

Cc lalasticlala

LegengHero
PrinceofLagos
Fergie001
Mandate2023
Helinues
Tinubuadvocate
LibertyRep
https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-full-result-controversial-june-12-93-election/amp
Re: Abiola 1993: Did Igbos Ever Vote For Abiola? by Mandate2023: 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2022
donb06:
All my life, the narrative was igbos never voted for abiola. Just for me to find out today that abiola got 47% of all Igbo votes... Common like 47% is huge na. Yet no reciprocity politically from my western brothers. In 1999. Igbos gave obasanjo 85% of their votes.

Cc lalasticlala

LegengHero
PrinceofLagos
Fergie001
Mandate2023
Helinues
Tinubuadvocate
LibertyRep
https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-full-result-controversial-june-12-93-election/amp

If igbos appears to be candidate of either APC or PDP I bet u south west will vote igbo ahead of northerners

Ur fellow igbos started d war of words here, if only dey focused on igbo presidency and not hate against tinubu and the west, from d beginning ur ppl started attacking south west first, there r many yoruba's supporting obi but hardly will u find igbo support tinubu bcoz of d seed of bitter in igbos

For instance nw, someone like okorocha, uzodinma, umahi, orji kalu, ogbonaya onu and co if only dey queue behind a single candidate and did campaign round d country like tinubu and Osinbajo I believe dey will also be in d contest regardless of what happen, but when tinubu was travelling and campaigning ur ppl were saying his desperate, very confused set of tribe
Re: Abiola 1993: Did Igbos Ever Vote For Abiola? by fergie001: 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
If you follow what happens here, you will think they don't live together. It's always daggers drawn....

In Asari's voice: "We must learn a lesson."
Re: Abiola 1993: Did Igbos Ever Vote For Abiola? by LibertyRep: 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
donb06:

Cc lalasticlala

LegengHero
PrinceofLagos
Fergie001
Mandate2023
Helinues
Tinubuadvocate
LibertyRep

The 1993 election was a two horse race between Abiola of SDP from the South and Tofa of NRC from the North.

If Abiola, a southern candidate got 47% from the South East and Tofa from the North got 53% , that's not a show of enough southern Comradery worthy of being boastful of.

It was clear that Obasanjo of PDP wasn't the candidate of the Yoruba in 1999, Olu Falae of AD was and the South East didn't vote Falae.

Thank you for the mention, but I don't do the Igbo Vs Yoruba thing.
Re: Abiola 1993: Did Igbos Ever Vote For Abiola? by donb06: 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
LibertyRep:

The 1993 election was a two horse race between Abiola of SDP from the South and Tofa of NRC from the North.

If Abiola, a southern candidate got 47% from the South East and Tofa from the North got 53% , that's not a show of enough southern Comradery worthy of being boastful of.

It was clear that Obasanjo of PDP wasn't the candidate of the Yoruba in 1999, Olu Falae of AD was and the South East didn't vote Falae.

Thank you for the mention, but I don't do the Igbo Vs Yoruba thing.

@ the bolded... isn't far from the truth. But with an igbo vice with Tofa I think it is fair enough.

But my surprise is the disinformation peddled that igbos hated abiola so much and he lost with a wide margin like the pic below.

Re: Abiola 1993: Did Igbos Ever Vote For Abiola? by LibertyRep: 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2022
donb06:

@ the bolded... isn't far from the truth. But with an igbo vice with Tofa I think it is fair enough.

But my surprise is the disinformation peddled that igbos hated abiola so much and he lost with a wide margin like the pic below.

I see.
It's always proper to put the record straight else agents of misinformation will feast on it and spread it faster.
Thumps up to you.
Re: Abiola 1993: Did Igbos Ever Vote For Abiola? by Emmypure: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2022
Ok

(1) (Reply)

North East Elders To Buhari: Sack NSA Now / What If Your Account Balance Was Written On Your Forehead / Everything You Need To Know About Chatgpt In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.