Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu (900 Views)

2024: Gov Aiyedatiwa is selfish, Ondo South Must Govern For 8 Years - Group / 2 Lagos-Based Igbo Men Show Support For Tinubu (Video) / Pelumi Olajengbesi: Emefiele Must Quit, INEC Materials In CBN’s Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by oikirodah(m): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2022
2023: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu, Matters Arising By Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah

The last 24 hours have brought up so many intrigues that one could wonder if the entire drama was only 24 hours long. What happened in just 24 hours yesterday reminds me of the movie Sequel 24 starring the great Jack Bauer.

Yesterday was action packed as the ruling party the APC kickstarted its much anticipated National Convention. The day began with the Northern Governors stating unequivocally their support for a Southern Presidency.

This was agreed upon by the president, who instructed the Southern contenders to work within themselves to produce a formidable candidate to confront the PDP and its flagbearer, Atiku Abubakar.

Following that, the South-West leaders met with the South-West aspirants and shortlisted three of them, namely Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Dr Kayode Fayemi, and Prof Yemi Osinbajo. However, the South-East and South-South aspirants were unable to achieve an agreement.

With expectations high that the APC will produce a Southern candidate to fly the party's flag, the National Chairman of the Party, Abdullahi Adamu, endorsed the Senate President, Ahmed Lawan, who hails from the North East, as the projected anointed candidate of the party and the presidency in a meeting with the NWC. It was alleged that he brokered a deal with delegates who would accept his VERDICT, offering each of them $50,000.

As soon as the announcement was made, all hell broke loose, with the majority of governors abandoning the National Chairman. Party leaders went straight for the APC National Chairman's HEAD, demanding his resignation.

According to rumors, Abdullahi Adamu, who chased journalists out of the party's national secretariat, has gone incommunicado. The presidency has since disputed the announcement and distanced itself from the National Chairman's unilateral decision.

The Northern Governors insisted on transferring authority to the South and reiterated their position to the president. In turn, the president requested that the list of presidential candidates be pared down by today.

Five names have been forwarded to the president for consideration as we speak. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, David Umahi, Rotimi Amaechi, and Dr Kayode Fayemi made the list.

Matters Arising

A leopard is chasing us and do you ask me: 'is it a male or female? There is a verified faceless cabal, as the APC national chairman demonstrated yesterday, and there is a grand conspiracy to offer a North vs North presidency rather than the expected North vs South presidency, having manipulated the PDP congress to bring in a Northern candidate.

From all appearances, Adamu had everything planned out; recall that the withdrawal clause to be signed by aspirants was only visible on the Presidential forms; I expressed my concerns at the time, but was assured that it was an optional condition.

I've never seen a withdrawal clause in any other form, Senate, Representatives, or House of Assembly. Only recently, the Oyegun-led screening panel required aspirants to subscribe to a consensus agreement, and I was told that only Asiwaju refused to commit or sign the agreement.

These schemes have been in the works since the day it was discovered that Jonathan's presidency might not work out. This cabal is formidable, and it will do all it can to sabotage the South's prospects of electing the next president.

Please tell us who among these Southern Gladiators can STAND this vicious clique in the APC bent on ruining the party and taking it backwards just to abandon the party for the PDP. It was done in 2015, when the PDP's northern governors, led by PEOPLE like Abdullahi, abandoned their party and betrayed Jonathan, joining the APC as if they were content with the arrangement.

To these people, it is not about party interests, but about selfishness, which they conceal under the guise of Northern Interest. Please examine the following five candidates and tell me who can garner bloc votes from the North to beat Atiku?

I won't name names, but only Tinubu has the capacity and competency to fight and defeat their selfish intentions; only the Jagaban has the money and human resources to take on the PDP and Atiku; and only Tinubu can strike out all of Atiku's advantages.

Let us not jeopardize the possibilities of restoring power to the South; instead, we must set aside our egos and rally behind Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu's presidency, for the threats are real, and the consequences might be disastrous if we fail to understand the bigger picture.

Apart from the Vice President, all of the nominated aspirants have been or are serving as Governors, in terms of infrastructure development and economic stability, Tinubu is still the best bet for a stable government.

Please let us join hands and make our Northern Governors proud , they have stood with us in these tough times; let us reciprocate their olive branch by standing together against this cabal that is both entrenched in the APC and the PDP.

Please keep in mind that Tinubu is our only option; we must enter this struggle with only one house.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah writes in from Abuja.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/2023-why-the-south-must-quit-ego-tripping-and-show-support-for-tinubu-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/

5 Likes

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2022
Well-said brethren. He who has ears let him listen.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Mangekyo: 10:11am On Jun 07, 2022
Like you supported us in 2015? Mind your words make ogun no go kill you! No sane person from SS will even contemplate voting Tinubu, ever!. I don't know about SE people.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu would leave a more divided country than even a Lawan candidacy whom is from a presidency marginalized zone..

Vote right, vote Labour, vote Peter obi...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2022
Even for south west nobody send the baga to step down for him

Let alone the christian south, we don't owe tilumbu anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by emmanuelbrown26: 10:15am On Jun 07, 2022
U are one of d mad and insane people in afonja land. I used to think afonjas get sense I no no say sense dey farrrr from some of una

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:15am On Jun 07, 2022
Because na only SW Sabi rule for south

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Parachoko: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu and his boys track record in Lagos is there for everybody to see.

On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2022
Mangekyo:
Like you supported us in 2015? Mind your words make ogun no go kill you! No sane person from SS will even contemplate voting Tinubu, ever!. I don't know about SE people.
I even wonder why they are begging for support

I thought they had it all

Abiola reloaded is in a few hours

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by FallenShitHole: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2022
Mangekyo:
It will be easier for an elephant to pass through the eye of a needle than for any South Eastner to vote for that drug addict called Tinubu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Frigga13: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu must come
Must

Yoruba must b on ticket ... time for turench don pass since last year.. Na action we Dey

Atiku 2023 for a strong economy and stable Naira

Power to the people
North 2023

3 Likes

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by FallenShitHole: 10:19am On Jun 07, 2022
Power is taken and not giving. Stop begging for power, you and your Tinubu the drug addict should go and take power from your masters, the fulanis. Thunder will fire all of you soon.

3 Likes

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Mangekyo: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2022
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Frigga13: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Abiola was given ticket , Atiku even step down for kinigbe

Awolowo was given ticket and even went to court to claim ... but the hands were tied

Tinubu should be given ticke ... let Nigerians decide

Tinubu Must Contest
Walahi must!

Yoruba called him god
Jagaban of Africa
Kingmaker and Nigeria godfather
National leader and all gibberish

We want him on ballot ... so that Yoruba can understand thrit place in Nigeria

Na since 2018 North sealed his fate ... reason we’ve abeen saying Tinubu Must Contest... no be noise

Power to the people
North 2023
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2022
Frigga13:

Abiola was given ticket , Atiku even step down for kinigbe

Awolowo was given ticket and even went to court to claim ... but the hands were tied

Tinubu should be given ticke ... let Nigerians decide

Tinubu Must Contest
Walahi must!

Yoruba called him god
Jagaban of Africa
Kingmaker and Nigeria godfather
National leader and all gibberish

We want him on ballot ... so that Yoruba can understand thrit place in Nigeria

Na since 2018 North sealed his fate ... reason we’ve abeen saying Tinubu Must Contest... no be noise

Power to the people
North 2023
go give am the ticket in sdp

Is your brain paining you
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Pauladex(m): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2022
Even with Tinubu, southern presidency is not sure,because southern vote will be divide between Tinubu and Obi, while North will never abandoned their own. If Tinubu scale through the chance of Obi winning the coming election is slim.

2 Likes

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Creamypie(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2022
Mangekyo:
we south and east will not Vote tinubu. They call themselves south because they want us south and east to support their selfish ambition. In 2015, they didnt call themselves south, when they betrayed the south and east. If presidency no come east,south, make e remain north

2 Likes

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by OfoIgbo: 10:29am On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu will not get the presidency.

Party primaries are so much controlled with just a few individuals voting, which means aspirants with deep pockets can bribe those few individuals and get the nomination.

A general election is a different case altogether. No candidate will be able to bribe every single Nigerian. That is why Tinubu is going nowhere.

Tinubu will very definitely get less than 10% from both the SS and the SE. 11 states are already no-go areas for Tinubu, and he will definitely fall short constitutionally.

Ahmed Lawan has a better chance, as he will comfortably get up to 35% of the votes from the SS and SE. He will definitely be able to get about 50+% in the north.

Tinubu is doomed and everyone knows that.
All these commentaries by Tinubu urchins in some newspapers won't hide the truth when the chips are down.

No amount of this fake southern unity being hyped by Tinubu urchins will wash.

Tinubu undermined a sitting SS president
Tinubu is now trying to take a slot that should belong to the Igbo.
He has no chance in both zones. He won;t be able to bribe millions of voters from these regions to get up to 25% from them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Mangekyo: 10:30am On Jun 07, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Let them keep begging. Their plea would enter one ear and pass through the other.

See the absolute idiot what even wrote this yeye article. Calling us egoistic for not supporting Tinubu. Meanwhile, they are the perfect and prime example of egoistic people.
When Tinubu and his gangs of pathetic, delusional, and selfish idiots with no grip on reality and no care for anyone in the south but themselves, chose to align with the north..... is it that whoever wrote this article wasn't born then that he kept mute instead of accuse them of what he's currently accusing us?. These guys should go team up with their fulani allies again and leave us the fućk alone. If Tinubu was any competent sef, we for say alright. But the selfish, greedy old man with his bullion vans remains one of the most currupt and incompetent aspirant, if not even the most. It would be dumb to trust someone like him with the future of this country

3 Likes

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Udemzy05: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2022
Like they should support during the last election?
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2022
Mangekyo:

A Yoruba man made Jonathan president and yorubas heavily supported him in 2011.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by blancsn1: 10:36am On Jun 07, 2022
We're you not supported in 2011 or as your brain collapsed
Mangekyo:
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Frigga13: 10:36am On Jun 07, 2022
Truthisunique2:
go give am the ticket in sdp

Is your brain paining you

Is the same brain paining you that made you believe that Tinubu won’t be cleared

You know nothing about politics..always making assumptions

The last time I was at Pdp primaries updating .. and you were showing me vanguard news

You believe Nigeria press and media .. that’s your source of information and come online to brag about something.. your not even sure

Get connected to Ameachi if you get level and be updated

Not nairaland noise

It’s faceless no one knows you.. not even me
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Oplomo: 10:37am On Jun 07, 2022
You yorubas think other southerns are idiots.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Bravetunde: 10:39am On Jun 07, 2022
Parachoko:
Tinubu and his boys track record in Lagos is there for everybody to see.

On Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba
Fakee,how are you.long time.
Please employ me too to be singing theivenubu praise.
Atleast that 30k will help me eat Amala for 2wks cheesy wink grin smiley[quote][/quote] wink
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Risentouch(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2022
Op remember.
Power is taken not given, he should beg those that he consulted, because I know won't even smell up to 10 votes in the whole of SE no matter how much he wants to bribe them with.
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by MetaPhysical: 10:50am On Jun 07, 2022
. Please let us join hands and make our Northern Governors proud

This is how slaves speak. Master fed us rice and rotisserie chicken today, let us go in the field, work hard and make master proud.

I remain an advocate of dividing Nigeria and bringing self-rule to the indigeneous lands. This appeal from Osigwe is another cycle of push to give approval and legitimacy to Nigeria. Southerners forget their suffering too quick and lack a capacity to imagine worse days ahead for them.

I reject Tinubu or any candidate, PDP or APC.
Yoruba Nation on my mind!
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Corporate2020: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2022
Southerners share a common Origin. Yorubas are brothers to Edos, and cousins to Itshekiris, Urobhos, Ikwerres, Igbos, Efiks e t.c.

A Yoruba man will not be President and say that he does not know Igbos, or Ijaws, or Ibiobios. We all saw what happened under Obasanjo's government, they key positions were held by Igbos. Obasanjo first appointed Joseph Sanusi as CBN governor, when he did not perform, Obasanjo quickly replaced him with Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo the Solution, Minister of Finance was Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla and several other sensitive positions.

Tinubu too has appointed several Igbos into key positions in Lagos, even nominated an Igbo as DG Budget Office in Abuja. So, Yorubas and other Southerners are one. We will continue to fight, and resolve our fights amicably.

Now we have Peter Obi and Tinubu or Osinbajo in the race. We must not give another Fulani herdsman a chance to snatch the Presidency. If we use this our roforofo fight to allow another Fulani herdman like Atiku Abubakar to snatch the Presidency, we all Southerners will regret it for 8 years.
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by limeta(f): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2022
So una go show us sophistication and political advancement of south west .

Na today
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Back2Daura(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2022
oikirodah:
2023: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu, Matters Arising By Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah

The last 24 hours have brought up so many intrigues that one could wonder if the entire drama was only 24 hours long. What happened in just 24 hours yesterday reminds me of the movie Sequel 24 starring the great Jack Bauer.

Yesterday was action packed as the ruling party the APC kickstarted its much anticipated National Convention. The day began with the Northern Governors stating unequivocally their support for a Southern Presidency.

This was agreed upon by the president, who instructed the Southern contenders to work within themselves to produce a formidable candidate to confront the PDP and its flagbearer, Atiku Abubakar.

Following that, the South-West leaders met with the South-West aspirants and shortlisted three of them, namely Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Dr Kayode Fayemi, and Prof Yemi Osinbajo. However, the South-East and South-South aspirants were unable to achieve an agreement.

With expectations high that the APC will produce a Southern candidate to fly the party's flag, the National Chairman of the Party, Abdullahi Adamu, endorsed the Senate President, Ahmed Lawan, who hails from the North East, as the projected anointed candidate of the party and the presidency in a meeting with the NWC. It was alleged that he brokered a deal with delegates who would accept his VERDICT, offering each of them $50,000.

As soon as the announcement was made, all hell broke loose, with the majority of governors abandoning the National Chairman. Party leaders went straight for the APC National Chairman's HEAD, demanding his resignation.

According to rumors, Abdullahi Adamu, who chased journalists out of the party's national secretariat, has gone incommunicado. The presidency has since disputed the announcement and distanced itself from the National Chairman's unilateral decision.

The Northern Governors insisted on transferring authority to the South and reiterated their position to the president. In turn, the president requested that the list of presidential candidates be pared down by today.

Five names have been forwarded to the president for consideration as we speak. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, David Umahi, Rotimi Amaechi, and Dr Kayode Fayemi made the list.

Matters Arising

A leopard is chasing us and do you ask me: 'is it a male or female? There is a verified faceless cabal, as the APC national chairman demonstrated yesterday, and there is a grand conspiracy to offer a North vs North presidency rather than the expected North vs South presidency, having manipulated the PDP congress to bring in a Northern candidate.

From all appearances, Adamu had everything planned out; recall that the withdrawal clause to be signed by aspirants was only visible on the Presidential forms; I expressed my concerns at the time, but was assured that it was an optional condition.

I've never seen a withdrawal clause in any other form, Senate, Representatives, or House of Assembly. Only recently, the Oyegun-led screening panel required aspirants to subscribe to a consensus agreement, and I was told that only Asiwaju refused to commit or sign the agreement.

These schemes have been in the works since the day it was discovered that Jonathan's presidency might not work out. This cabal is formidable, and it will do all it can to sabotage the South's prospects of electing the next president.

Please tell us who among these Southern Gladiators can STAND this vicious clique in the APC bent on ruining the party and taking it backwards just to abandon the party for the PDP. It was done in 2015, when the PDP's northern governors, led by PEOPLE like Abdullahi, abandoned their party and betrayed Jonathan, joining the APC as if they were content with the arrangement.

To these people, it is not about party interests, but about selfishness, which they conceal under the guise of Northern Interest. Please examine the following five candidates and tell me who can garner bloc votes from the North to beat Atiku?

I won't name names, but only Tinubu has the capacity and competency to fight and defeat their selfish intentions; only the Jagaban has the money and human resources to take on the PDP and Atiku; and only Tinubu can strike out all of Atiku's advantages.

Let us not jeopardize the possibilities of restoring power to the South; instead, we must set aside our egos and rally behind Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu's presidency, for the threats are real, and the consequences might be disastrous if we fail to understand the bigger picture.

Apart from the Vice President, all of the nominated aspirants have been or are serving as Governors, in terms of infrastructure development and economic stability, Tinubu is still the best bet for a stable government.

Please let us join hands and make our Northern Governors proud , they have stood with us in these tough times; let us reciprocate their olive branch by standing together against this cabal that is both entrenched in the APC and the PDP.

Please keep in mind that Tinubu is our only option; we must enter this struggle with only one house.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah writes in from Abuja.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/2023-why-the-south-must-quit-ego-tripping-and-show-support-for-tinubu-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/

Why can't tinubu show the South East support didn't the South East support buhari? Amaechi was one of the highest contributors to buhari regime
Re: Why The South Must Quit Ego Tripping And Show Support For Tinubu by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2022
This writer no get sense. It's the turn of a Christian president. If Tinubu wins, Obi gets the president.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Sowore Exposes How Tinubu Forfeited $600million Drug Money To US Govt / Singer Davido Campaigns For Ademola Adeleke In Osun State / Who Is Suffering Now Between Nigerians , GEJ And His Wife ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.