Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate (23463 Views)

Fight Over Consensus Candidate Delays PDP Convention For 8 Hours and Counting / PDP Primaries, NW Leaders Endorse Markarfi As Consensus Candidate / Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by asobo1: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
Politics is further than further maths
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Nonso92(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
what's the point of primaries, if there's going to be a consensus candidate??
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by manchester4lyf: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
Wow, dis would make more sense honestly, but would mean more money for delegates , cos each aspirants will have to pay b4 their names are been included on the list
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2022
What if two tallies?

You'll then input your bias.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by HolyHero: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
The best way to get consensus is to send everyone to the field to test their popularity
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Hambivert: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Legitz: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
Yeye
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Mumusaphire: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
Not possible because nobody trust buhari himself. So u want them to go back door and submit lawal as candidate abi
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Fronesis: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
It is not just going with what the majority decides. Foolishness is doing something repeatedly and expecting a different result. Nigeria needs someone who has capacity to solve the numerous complex problems she's facing (from economy to insecurity, to infrastructure, to human capacity development, health, power and so on or it would be another 8 years of confusion and suffering. This person must be someone who already has experience in the system; he's not going there study but to take action and put things in place the way they supposed to be. You already know who the person is if you will see beyond tribal and political sentiments.

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by dydx2020(m): 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
J
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by ADBA3005(m): 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2022
There is a scintilla of logic in your opinion, fah!
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Flexy2vybes(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hmm
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by PavillionEnergy: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
okims:
On Jagaban mandate manhood we stand

Fixed.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Spizzy1: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
That's called average in statistics but in real life. There is nothing like average, so it may not apply to humans or leadership selection.

Humans are so dynamic.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Abujason: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:
If I were Buhari and the rest of the APC NWC, the way I'd get a consensus candidate would be from the Aspirants themselves.

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President. I would then collate all the list and pick the aspirant with the highest score. This way, whoever gets the ticket has a higher chance of been acceptable to most of the aspirants thus preventing rancor within the party.

This is a scientific way to do it.

My two cents.

So that Tinubu will buy all of them, abi?
Forget that.
It won’t work.
Buhari is not dumb.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by excanny: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
Just wish Nigerians can bypass all these nonsense and voting in PO.

These old men think they can hold Nigeria in hostage. Let them be proved wrong for once.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by asobo1: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2022
Politics is further than further maths
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Jnana19(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu has be disqualified as at 1pm today the battle is between osinbanjo,amaechi,lawan
Obinoscopy:
If I were Buhari and the rest of the APC NWC, the way I'd get a consensus candidate would be from the Aspirants themselves.

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President. I would then collate all the list and pick the aspirant with the highest score. This way, whoever gets the ticket has a higher chance of been acceptable to most of the aspirants thus preventing rancor within the party.

My two cents.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Xclusiveanalyst: 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2022
Osibanjo will fill the position
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by DadaStephen1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2022
Okay
And if each Aspirants writes the list like

1. Me
2. Me
3. Me

What will you do?

Obinoscopy:

My two cents.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by shinealight(m): 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2022
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin
Breakfast go reach all APC presidential aspirants tonight.
Buhari and APC Chairman will show up at the Convention ground and raise up the hand of the consensus candidate , nothing anybody can do about it

Dreamer….they’re not that stupid!

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

Big brain
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by DadaStephen1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2022
Peter Obi is older than Rotimi Ameachi

excanny:
Just wish Nigerians can bypass all these nonsense and voting in PO.

These old men think they can hold Nigeria in hostage. Let them be proved wrong for once.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by MrHighSea: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.
It'll not work in Nigeria.
This country needs you to be crude and rude.

Introduce the clause that "they're not required to include their names in the short list".

Be ready to bribe the Judge because the loosers will sue.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by amadiwati(m): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

Baba there is no scientific here. I would put my name 3 times.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by tophumble(m): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2022
U would av added this, they will write their names as number one, then write two other names. With that u av given them the chance of voting for themselves first.

I bet u, with this, Osinbajo might likely win, BAT might not really get much votes with that style so he won't key into it
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by casualobserver: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

ko le work

it is clear some candidates have no intention of stepping down and only signed the consesus agreement form in the hope they would be the consensus candidate.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Justinlean02(m): 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2022
THURAFTERNOON:
Abeg Why people Dey post “JESUS” up and down for WhatsApp status? Hope dem never sell me for Naija ooh
uh I'm not the only one viewing such status grin
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Ekemax: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2022
Abeg do they pay for FTC
WisdomCanada:
for your mind oo. Old man like you still Dey play small pikin play. Congrats tho, on your FTC grin
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by damkin24(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin
Breakfast go reach all APC presidential aspirants tonight.
Buhari and APC Chairman will show up at the Convention ground and raise up the hand of the consensus candidate , nothing anybody can do about it
And you expect those not comfortable with it to just be watching on and remain in the party?
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by SensualMan: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2022
Tinubu ain't getting the ticket.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want Buhari To Belong To Nobody – Tinubu / Yerima Shettima: Miyetti Allah Owns No Land In Nigeria, The Governmet Owns Them / 9 ‘Whistleblowers’ Lay Claim To 5% Of Ikoyi Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.