Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate (23444 Views)

Fight Over Consensus Candidate Delays PDP Convention For 8 Hours and Counting / PDP Primaries, NW Leaders Endorse Markarfi As Consensus Candidate / Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Emperor88(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2022
Candidates will pick the weakest three they can easily defeat.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by ngng: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2022
sorry, you assumed they are looking for the best candidate, noo. it's all about interest
Obinoscopy:
If I were Buhari and the rest of the APC NWC, the way I'd get a consensus candidate would be from the Aspirants themselves.

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President. I would then collate all the list and pick the aspirant with the highest score. This way, whoever gets the ticket has a higher chance of been acceptable to most of the aspirants thus preventing rancor within the party.

This is a scientific way to do it.

My two cents.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Fiscus105(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:
If I were Buhari and the rest of the APC NWC, the way I'd get a consensus candidate would be from the Aspirants themselves.

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President. I would then collate all the list and pick the aspirant with the highest score. This way, whoever gets the ticket has a higher chance of been acceptable to most of the aspirants thus preventing rancor within the party.

My two cents.

Better, infact, screening committee could have done that,
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Llight101(m): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2022
okims:
On Jagaban mandate we stand
We stand You stand
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by shortIGBOman: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2022
Peter Obi must emerge as APC consensus candidate. If not, WE IGBO will sit at home for 3 months straight. Till Buhari, Tinubu and the North beg WE IGBO for forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by emmykk(m): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

You two scent failed because how if 50 percent of the aspirants where mole of one of the main aspirants?.

The best way to arrive at a consensus is for the governors who also control the delegates be ask who they prefer.

The candidate with the highest preference from governor will be allow to the leading candidate.
Again a moneybag can influence some of the governors choice.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by lecowas: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

What is different between voting and what u have said. Lol. U Nigerians just love complicating things unnecessarily. Is this not called an election? cheesy
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by DeLaRue: 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

How would I do it? I'd ask the aspirants to submit the top three aspirants they think would do great as President. I would then collate all the list and pick the aspirant with the highest score.

My two cents.

If only high octane politics can be configured as easily as that.

Your errors:

1. You assume the President's selection priority is dictated by 'who would be great as president', as you put it. For most presidents, it's first and foremost, about who will best protect their interest and legacy.

2. You also naively assume that how well a contestant would do as president would be delegates overwhelming voting consideration, and not money and their personal interests.

3. The problem is not that the President can't pick one of them now. In fact, his previous comments and recent events suggest that he would like to, but the process of choosing a consensus candidate is laid down be law, and requires the cooperation of other contestants. In the current scenario, the president can't secure that cooperation so far.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by NwokoloOwa: 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

That's how the Conclave is done for the election of the Pope
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by haffaze777(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Peter Obi must emerge as APC consensus candidate. If not, WE IGBO will sit at home for 3 months straight. Till Buhari, Tinubu and the North beg WE IGBO for forgiveness.

Please don't sit at home,na we suffer every Monday u sit at homegrin
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Cheeryfeet: 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hunter12:
A young married man with a wife and a son. I do tutorial and assignment for undergraduate students but I've being struggling financially since the beginning of this ASUU strike. I borrowed from loan app to pay another loan app and I'm in serious debt right now which is making me contemplating suicide. I am not begging for money but give me a rewarding job. I hold a master's degree in Microbiology. Willing to relocate from Kwara state
christianamanzanita@gmail.com
Bro. From experience I have learnt not to borrow from a loan app to pay another. It's a death trap that has no end. If you can't pay back a loan app, don't be pressured to take another to pay them, stick with them. Let them do their worst as you Hussle to pay it off. Don't Dodge their call, give them hope you will pay. Tell them you did a job and your clients have not paid, as soon as they pay, you will offset their bill but whatever you do, don't borrow from one to pay another. Been there, done that. It's hell
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by NwokoloOwa: 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2022
[quote author=NwokoloOwa post=113565190]

That's how the Conclave is done for the election of the Pope. And in several rounds until one person dominates
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by gracealonev: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.
Then it wouldn't be different from Bbnaija or similar TV shows.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Boyooosa(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

Hmm....
Wisdom
They might not be sincere with the second name tho, after choosing yhemselves
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by thunder74(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.
That is for a leader who doesn't have a hidden agenda
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Omoslim26: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2022
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin
Breakfast go reach all APC presidential aspirants tonight.
Buhari and APC Chairman will show up at the Convention ground and raise up the hand of the consensus candidate , nothing anybody can do about it

grin grin You self enh you go like wahala no be small ��
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by einsteine(m): 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2022
A borda count vote system is better not just for primary elections but for the general elections. Voters should not just pick one candidate but be made to pick say three candidates, ranking their preferred candidates from 1st to 3rd.

A practical way of doing the above is to make it 10 votes for a single voter and each voter picks three of the candidates. The first choice gets 5 votes, second choice gets 3 votes and third choice gets 2 votes. In this system, the most acceptable candidate wins and we will never see extreme candidates like Buhari win. A situation where someone becomes President even though half the country don't want him would not happen.

For those hoping on Obi or some "third force" candidate, that's the only electoral system that can help third force candidates win as the most acceptable candidate would win in a Borda count system while in Nigeria's current system, the most popular rigger wins.

At the mom
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by goodgirl247: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hello great Nairalanders٫ I have a juicy offer for you. You can check out my IG PAGE @beestarproperties for more tory.

*PRIME GATEWAY CITY*
Prime gateway city gives you the experience of a therapeutic environment because of the abundant presence of nature that can help to take your stress away.
It Situated at the heart of the new LAGOS where properties are appreciating fast because of the important developmental milestones.

Title: *Proposed Village Excision*
Size: *500sqm*
Topography: *Dry Land*
Actual Price *N2.5M*
*PROMO PRICE: N1.5M*
*Initial Deposit: N300,000*
*Special Offer: BUY 6 PLOTS, GET 1 FREE PLOT*

*NEIGHBORHOOD*
* Lekki Seaport
* Lekki Free Trade Zone zone
* Lacampagne Tropicana Beach Resort
* Dangote Refinery
* The Atlantic Hall schools
* Lekki proposed international airport

*REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN PRIME GATEWAY CITY*
� Gateway ; you can gain access to several locations such as ikorodu,  bodije, ajah and many more.
� Proximity to the proposed airport
� 100% Dry land: You don't have to bother about the cost implication of sand filling.
� Good Title: you can be rest assured your property is free from any government encumbrances.
� Access to 4th mainland bridge

*PROMO offer Valid Till: 7th of June, 2022*
Call 07031561447

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by chaloskyx: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
What if i told you Nigeria is still doomed no matter who you elect
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by micko93: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JliU-QKuHNw
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by shortIGBOman: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
haffaze777:

Please don't sit at home,na we suffer every Monday u sit at homegrin

Kikikikikikikikikikikiki, Afonja don dey cry. Small sit at home wey our Mazi Simon Ekpa declared in the East, every Monday. Na em dey make una wail so. Una never see anything. We must go on 3 months sit at home. Make una no beg us.

Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by midform(m): 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.
You think it is BB naija eviction show abi?
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by excanny: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2022
DadaStephen1:
Peter Obi is older than Rotimi Ameachi

Wasn’t referring to Amaechi as holding Nigeria hostage.

Was speaking of Mr. it’s my turn and his boyfriend Bubu.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by airsaylongcome: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

Methodical way, yes. But the law says for consensus to hold ALL aspirants must unanimously agree. So even if as much as one candidate dissents, they have to actually go to primaries
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by chineesfx21728: 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2022
I use PiggyVest to save & invest securely. Sign up with my link and get ₦1,000.00 to start your own savings journey - https://www.piggyvest.com/?newref=1&ref=76c3a6be180522[color=#006600][/color]
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by seueh: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hunter12:
A young married man with a wife and a son. I do tutorial and assignment for undergraduate students but I've being struggling financially since the beginning of this ASUU strike. I borrowed from loan app to pay another loan app and I'm in serious debt right now which is making me contemplating suicide. I am not begging for money but give me a rewarding job. I hold a master's degree in Microbiology. Willing to relocate from Kwara state

Drop your CV here: mercyademi227@gmail.com I will submit it to the HR and also do a follow up. It just to give it a try
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Bbbw: 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2022
I don’t care about the political situation same people
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by Omoslim26: 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2022
The Leaders of the South are nothing but crooks,the Northerners know this so they will cash in on that.
In 1999 everyone agreed that the Just thing is to ensure the SW got the presidency which is very right and fair,now that they should all rally behind their southern counterparts who have not done any term,they say no that they will do another 8years to make it 16
Even though we must all agree that the SE still have a long way to go in playing this dirty Nija politics,and judging from the low voting power, nothing stops the rest Southern Region neighbors from giving them an helping hand as it was done to their brothers in 1999
Ndigbo too dey holistic with things regarding politics undecided sometimes it's better to loose guard and roll with this criminals for the betterment of the region,I hope they learn this time around
I will vote for Peter Obi,and just sit back and watch how this issue plays out.
If power stays upnorth we have ourselves to blame,the Northern politiftians were waiting for you to do the right thing,they know deep down that power should be shifted to SE,but the games of the southern politiftians spoilt everything, which made pdp played safe and smart,but I hope they regret it.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by ttobizz(m): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hunter12:

Hang in there bro. I was there once, but it's different now
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by integrity16(m): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
Mtchew all of them will pick themselves.
Re: APC Primaries: Best Way To Get A Consensus Candidate by socialmediaman: 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2022
Obinoscopy:

My two cents.

In Tinubu’s list:
1. Tinubu
2. Tinubu
3. Tinubu

In Osinbajo’s list:
1. Osinbajo
2. Osinbajo
3. Osinbajo

In Amaechi’s list:
1. Amaechi
2. Amaechi
3. Amaechi

There you go. Nigerian politics for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Don't Let Yahoo Boys Run You Street" EFCC Warns Against Ponzi Schemes / Saraki, Tambuwal At A Wedding Ceremony In Sokoto. Pics / Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.