Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice (766 Views)

As A First Time Car Owner, Toyota Corolla 2010 Or Honda Civic 2011? / Top 50 Best Cars To Buy As A Nigerian First Time Car Buyer. / Tale Of A "Witty" First Time Car Buyer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice by AssistntBoyfrnd(m): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hello my people,

Please, I want to get my first car and I wanted to know what to look out for?

What documents should I look out for while buying?
How do I know if it's not a stolen car?
Who is responsible for change of ownership, buyer or seller?
Does honda EOD gives issues? Any issues I should be prepared for?
What documents do I need after the car purchase to abide by FRSC and police checks?

Thank you all as you contribute.
Re: First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice by Fxzboyz: 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2022
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Hello my people,

What documents do I need after the car purchase to abide by FRSC and police checks?

if you can change tires please do,especially if its naija used ..get a solid mechanic that specializes in the repair of your car product only,the have more experience those ones that repair all cars will cause you issues
Re: First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice by BigTableShaker(f): 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2022
Fxzboyz:
if you can change tires please do,especially if its naija used ..get a solid mechanic that specializes in the repair of your car product only,the have more experience those ones that repair all cars will cause you issues

Youre last sentence is flawed.

@ Dangote, we'got skillful Auto-mechanic who can repair all manner of Autos.
Re: First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice by Fxzboyz: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2022
BigTableShaker:

Youre last sentence is flawed.

@ Dangote, we'got skillful Auto-mechanic who can repair all manner of Autos.
except the mechanic has over 10yrs of experience on repairing different auto products,i still re-iterate that it's a dangerous gamble
Re: First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice by nymphomaniac(m): 10:35pm On Jun 07, 2022
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Hello my people,

what kind of car are you buying? If Nigerian used, ask for all papers including custom papers except the car is a car imported about 7yrs ago and above.

You should then use those to do your change of ownership and plate number if the seller kept his. What year is the EOD?
Re: First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice by AssistntBoyfrnd(m): 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
Fxzboyz:

Thanks
Re: First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice by AssistntBoyfrnd(m): 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
nymphomaniac:
what kind of car are you buying? If Nigerian used, ask for all papers including custom papers except the car is a car imported about 7yrs ago and above.

You should then use those to do your change of ownership and plate number if the seller kept his. What year is the EOD?

Nigerian used
EOD 04
Re: First Time Car Buyer Needs Advice by obisite: 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
nymphomaniac:

On the bolden!!! "All papers including custom papers ", listing them would have help more, would like to know too.

I think there are basically 4 renewable papers

* Vehicle license
* Insurance
* Proof of ownership
* Road worthiness
- Custom paper

Additional papers for nig. used cars bought
- Change of ownership
- Police report..

Those on xteris are renewable..

That's the one I know of, I just hope I'm right though!!

(1) (Reply)

Need Brain Box With Part Number 04727247 / Used Vehicles And Spare Parts In Australia / Auto Gear Issues...pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.