Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency (33069 Views)

Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg / Russian Economy Crashes In 48hrs: 1 Ruble Is now Equivalent To 5 Naira: PIX / Nigeria Stock Exchange Ranked World’s Best-Performing Stock Market In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Uptownerd: 7:25am On Jun 09, 2022
grin

Ukraine: 6 Reasons why Vladimir Putin's Russia is not Afraid of US and NATO Sanctions

“Why is Russia not afraid of Western sanctions?”

When all your aggressor does is levy more sanctions on you, they help you discover more ways of circumventing it if you look hard enough.

Ukraine: 6 Reasons why Vladimir Putin's Russia is not Afraid of US and NATO Sanctions

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by InoGetJoy: 7:26am On Jun 09, 2022
segebobo:
This is an interesting read. Despite sanctions on Russian economy, their currency is looking stable. Despite the bombings & war going on in Ukraine, they still enjoy fairly stable power supply. But here in Nigeria, no one is sanctioning us, no country is fighting us, Yet........ ........... Who we offend embarassed
Because we keep electing useless leaders, and we're poised to elect another useless leader next year.

Nigeria will never get better. This country should be divided so each region can elect their own leadership

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by TobiAbuja: 7:28am On Jun 09, 2022
Oh dear, this really is embarrassing for NL.

Everyone and his dog knows the ruble is being propped up by the government and can't be sustained. It's propped up by oil exports. Wait for the EU energy embargo to kick in cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by naija4life247: 7:31am On Jun 09, 2022
Putin is not just an ex KBG, he is also a financial expert.

He just borrowed and used Awolowo's strategy, that is, change the currency of exchange in the middle of a war.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by InoGetJoy: 7:35am On Jun 09, 2022
subsidywise18:
High oil prices.

High oil prices.

More forex in the bag to buffer the economy

(Nigeria is not experiencing the same benefit because we are spending most of our forex on servicing debt incurred by 8 years of low oil prices, and on keeping fuel subsidised at 165 naira per liter).
Every country has debt. The problem of Nigeria has always been bad leadership. A good leader will create the avenue for increasing production. If Nigeria exports, our economy will improve. Unfortunately we only import and from what I'm seeing, that's not gonna change any time soon as another set of useless leaders might get elected next year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by InoGetJoy: 7:39am On Jun 09, 2022
favinvest:
Good news to Putin but how does it translate to the economy that affects the common man in Russian Street ?

Same story here.. we are the biggest economy in Africa but the common man in nigeria is among the poorest in the world..
We're not the biggest economy in Africa, I don't know who you you that rubbish. We're the biggest market due to our population, but market is very different from purchasing power
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Masterito(m): 7:43am On Jun 09, 2022
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Masterito(m): 7:44am On Jun 09, 2022
Then why are they pleading for the sanctions to end.
tollyboy5:
Santion in the mud.

Russians military are not even ending lol.
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 09, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Every country has debt. The problem of Nigeria has always been bad leadership. A good leader will create the avenue for increasing production. If Nigeria exports, our economy will improve. Unfortunately we only import and from what I'm seeing, that's not gonna change any time soon as another set of useless leaders might get elected next year.

Well, we import because we have run our economy under the false impression that exporting raw materials would give us enough money to earn a living.

Using the raw materails to manufacture things the world can use would earn us more forex. (which russia does to some extent)

Our leaders too have failed...but leaders past have tried to push industrial schemes (the National development plans of the 1970's, IBB's NDE and associated projects in the late 80's). Also Nigerians prefer to import. Manufacturing costs a lot of money to do...and because we subsidise the power sector to a point that it cannot make enough profit to supply enough power...costs worsen. And it does not earn quick profit...like importing does.
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Jeromejnr(m): 7:51am On Jun 09, 2022
TobiAbuja:
Oh dear, this really is embarrassing for NL.

Everyone and his dog knows the rouble is being propped up by the government and can't be sustained. It's proposed up by oil exports. Wait for the EU energy embargo to kick in cheesy

Stop trying to console yourself with false knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by BanevsJoker(m): 7:57am On Jun 09, 2022
Mumusaphire:
thanks sir. So how is it doing well?
Compared to it's value just a few months ago. It has had the most rapid rise compared to other currencies.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Olastep(m): 8:01am On Jun 09, 2022
Time will tell how it ends
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Voiceofthestree: 8:09am On Jun 09, 2022
seanwilliam:
Like for Russia share for usa

Omo at this juncture, I fear who no fear Russia o

Anyway

I buy all gift cards and yankee funds( cashapp, greendot, PayPal,zelle, Moneycard skrill,perfect money , Neteller,money gram , western union etc) And WeChat payment all @ your rate . I sell cheap unit /bulk google voice .✅

You deal with him you lose your money this guy na scammer
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by MoIbrahim: 8:09am On Jun 09, 2022
hysteresis:
According to his urchins, Tinubu is younger than Putin.
grin grin

This Tinubu matter that is following you people everywhere you go.

BAT everywhere you go...
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by jcross19: 8:11am On Jun 09, 2022
segebobo:
This is an interesting read. Despite sanctions on Russian economy, their currency is looking stable. Despite the bombings & war going on in Ukraine, they still enjoy fairly stable power supply. But here in Nigeria, no one is sanctioning us, no country is fighting us, Yet........ ........... Who we offend embarassed
your leaders are the sanctioning your economy! Now another walking corpse is loading
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by seanwilliam(m): 8:11am On Jun 09, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

excuse me? Lol. Are you ok Who is a scammer ??
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by CheapHomes1: 8:14am On Jun 09, 2022
oz4real83:
This is the kind of testimony you hear when you have a good Central bank governor and good economic managers\ministers. Nigeria is not under any sanction like Russia but the country is in a big mess because of clueless leadership at all sectors of the country.

i agree with you absolutely. unfortunately, many nigerians still prefer these clueless leaders. in the space of 3weeks or so, cooking gas has added 100naira per kilo and we have gas being burnt as waste product in the niger delta yet we are celebrating mediocrity

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by seanwilliam(m): 8:14am On Jun 09, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

let’s be guided . Make research before running your mouth , thank you
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Voiceofthestree: 8:14am On Jun 09, 2022
seanwilliam:

You are a scammer 100%. You forgot so soon

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Voiceofthestree: 8:15am On Jun 09, 2022
seanwilliam:

You are a scammer you got money from my gee and you block him off don’t ever post rubbish here again I will follow it up

4 Likes

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Voiceofthestree: 8:16am On Jun 09, 2022
seanwilliam:
let’s be guided . Make research before running your mouth , thank you

Make research with thief you people think people are dump here. You are a scammer I confirm that you be oleee thief that’s what you are

1 Like

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by seanwilliam(m): 8:16am On Jun 09, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

You are a scammer you got money from my gee and you block him off don’t ever post rubbish here again I will follow it up

Kindly post it here pls.
Create a thread with my name and your G and expose the transaction activity here. I’m waiting
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by seanwilliam(m): 8:18am On Jun 09, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

Make research with thief you people think people are dump here. You are a scammer I confirm that you be oleee thief that’s what you are
create a thread, show it to the world how I scammed your G.
I will appreciate that .

1 Like

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Voiceofthestree: 8:18am On Jun 09, 2022
seanwilliam:

Kindly post it here pls.
Create a thread with my name and your G and expose the transaction activity here. I’m waiting

We already took the proper measure and you will be caught soon. You think people are fools right. You can’t be rich ripping people hard earn money okay you are a rip a thief I can bet my life on it you are a shameless thief and not only you you nah plenty here
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Voiceofthestree: 8:19am On Jun 09, 2022
seanwilliam:
create a thread, show it to the world how I scammed your G.
I will appreciate that .

We have all the WhatsApp conversations you are a thief that’s why you always come to a faceless forum to advertise rubbish put up your photo if you won’t be arrested before dawn ole

1 Like

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by seanwilliam(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

We already took the proper measure and you will be caught soon. You think people are fools right. You can’t be rich ripping people hard earn money okay you are a rip a thief I can bet my life on it you are a shameless thief and not only you you nah plenty here

Lol then thunder fire you and your generation . If you can’t prove how I scam you or your G.. lol
Cc seun
Dominique
Laslasticla

This guy is calling me scammer when I never had any deal with him , and I’ve asked him to show everyone how I scam him .,

Post the WhatsApp conversation here
Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by pacespot(m): 8:22am On Jun 09, 2022
It is because investors are having confidence in Russia ability to mitigate the sanctions, with China by Russia side, this is possible. Also, Putin's recent declaration that only with ruble one can buy Russia oil was a big catalyst for the currency.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by Voiceofthestree: 8:23am On Jun 09, 2022
seanwilliam:

Lol then thunder fire you and your generation . If you can’t prove how I scam you or your G.. lol
Cc seun
Dominique
Laslasticla

This guy is calling me scammer when I never had any deal with him , and I’ve asked him to show everyone how I scam him .,

Thunder go fire all your generation and the generation of all your family oloriburuku you took the guy money and block him off. Yes I am very aware of it I try to chat with you also block me off God will punish you thief. Put your photo here if I won’t arrest you. We are big boy you are hungry thief so we leave you for God to punish you asshole

1 Like

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by AlphaTaikun: 8:23am On Jun 09, 2022
techWriter0:

https://news.bitcoin.com/american-economists-are-baffled-by-an-unusual-situation-as-russias-ruble-is-the-worlds-best-performing-fiat-currency/
In reality...

The pegging of the Ruble to gold obviously strengthened the Ruble. Conversely the USD and other basket of currencies have been outperformed by the Ruble because of record global inflation and high commodity prices.

As of December 2021, Russia had already stockpiled a lot of gold bars based on intel... so it became obvious to me that Russia was truly headed for full-scale war!

They had it all planned out as of 2021 to peg their currency against gold. Tactics and strategy combined. Period.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency by seanwilliam(m): 8:28am On Jun 09, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

You are a thief and God will punish you

Good. Kindly post the account number you sent the money too.

There are two seanwilliam on this forum .

Post the numebr and the acct number . Don’t crop the screenshots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banks Alert Customers To EMTL, Commence Remittance January 31 / Ugandan Bank Insists That A Sick Man On Oxygen Comes Before Getting His Money / Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.