Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Three Main Factors Stopping The Igbo Tribe From Getting The Presidential Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Main Factors Stopping The Igbo Tribe From Getting The Presidential Ticket (483 Views)

Attempt To Stop Non-Yorubas From Getting PVCs Resisted (Video) / Russian President, Vladimir Putin Has Laid Out His Conditions For Stopping The O / APC To Matawalle: Well Done For Stopping The Bogus Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Main Factors Stopping The Igbo Tribe From Getting The Presidential Ticket by Yhungsarm(m): 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
The people of South Eastern part of Nigeria are intellectual and business oriented individuals. Despite their smartness and brilliance, theg appear to be behind when it comes to politics. For the past 22yrs, they have been sidelined by other regions in Nigeria especially the North and the south western part.
Political parties have also refused to allow the Igbo tribe to be their flag bearers in presidential elections. which makes us wonder why are they been sidelined? what exactly have they done wrong? How can they tackle this problem? Are they still suffering from the aftermath of the civil wars? These questions pesters our mid with long and lasting answers. i hope this article provides the answers to these questions.
1. Hate
The Igbo people are generally good people with good heart but the civil war messed up their lives. After the civil war, they became so cold towards other tribe and they have refuse to let of go of their past.
It is very obvious that the country is not going to split and there won't be any Biafran nation, so i guess it is in their best interest to let go of any hatred they have for other tribe.
They should allow the past be the past and plan for their future. I also notice their hatred for some individuals especially politician from Southwest and Northeast and i have to say it isn't an ideal option to hate on anyone because there are no good politician in Nigeria.
They have to know that you can advertise your preferred choice without abusing another region. They are also fond of demarketing other candidates by lying and saying bad things about them, even going as far as wishing them death, these things contribute to the problem they are facing now.
There are ways to demarket Tinubu and Atiku without cursing, You just have to look for their flaws and make people see the reason why their candidate is the best chance for any change in Nigeria's fortune.
2. Blaming others for their misfortune
This is very true especially with what have seen on Nairaland. Igbo tribe blame others for their mistakes.
From blaming the Yoruba people for betraying south in 2015 to blaming Tinubu for bringing Buhari and Fulani for insecurities.
we have to admit that all of us are respensible for the problems, we are facing now... We have to take responsibility and find a common ground for effective change.
Tinubu endorsing Buhari is a gamble that didn't pay off and some of us voted for him because we believed he could fight corruption not because Tinubu endorsed him and is not as if we are sure that Goodluck would have performed well also.
From the recently conducted presidential primaries, Igbo blame Apc and PDP for not zoning the presidential ticket to their region but they refuse to blame their politicians that couldn't step down or support Obi in PDP. you can see how many Yoruba elders comdemn Osibanjo actions and how may of them stepped down for Tinubu.
The same goes for Atiku, the Northerners supported him because they felt like he his one of them and i have to say before any region supports another region, they have to see that 70% of your tribe's biggest politicians are backing you.
It is disheartening to know that above 200 delegates from southeast was present in PDP primaries but only 20 or so voted their fellow brothers(Anyim). There was Akpabio stepping down for Tinubu when his brother Umahi was contesting and Kalu supporting Lawan when his brothers was contesting.
i believe, Igbo politicians can do more in helping their fellow tribesmen attain greater heights in politics, Just like many northerners supported Atiku and southerners supported Tinubu.
3. Not trying to build bridges
Sadly, most Nigerians don't trust the Igbo tribe because of their hate towards them. The hatred as strained the peaceful relationship between Southeast and other region.
I believe they need to start building bridges with other tribes so they can achieve their presidential goals.
I also believe they are been ignored, which is not right but they shouldn't blame other regions because their politicians have refused to do put their house in order.
Their is no poitical party that we hand over it ticket to someone who doesn't have any chance of winning the election.
Re: Three Main Factors Stopping The Igbo Tribe From Getting The Presidential Ticket by immortalcrown(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
You are just a chronic liar.

Igbo people do not hate other tribes. It is the other way round. Igbo forgave the injustice from other tribes during the war. But other tribes are still angry and want Igbo stop existing.

Igbo people do not falsely blame other tribes. How many votes did those Igbo candidates who did not step down get? Put the figures together and show how stepping down would have given an Igbo person the ticket.

Only a fool or hypocrite will claim Igbo people do not build bridges. They do not build bridges but they buy land, build houses and invest in other regions. How many Hausas or Yorubas own houses or invest in Igbo land? Should I also talk about Igbo politicians donating money to institutions in other regions?

2 Likes

Re: Three Main Factors Stopping The Igbo Tribe From Getting The Presidential Ticket by Urheadmaster(m): 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
immortalcrown:
Nothing but lies.
Typical lies
Re: Three Main Factors Stopping The Igbo Tribe From Getting The Presidential Ticket by Cypress042(m): 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
grin grin
Re: Three Main Factors Stopping The Igbo Tribe From Getting The Presidential Ticket by mbos: 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
I did not read the rubbish because it is always born out of hatred , fruitless, nonsence. useless, paranoid and myopic opinion of people who lack the instinctive ability to understand the perculiar nature of a republican Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Three Main Factors Stopping The Igbo Tribe From Getting The Presidential Ticket by paltielx: 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
Point of correct OP, Akwa Ibom where Akpabio comes from is not and igbo state. They are the Ibibios not Igbo

(1) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Are Laughing At Igbos Shouting Peter Obituary / *suspected Fulani Herdsmen Overrun Enugu LGA* / Ifeanyi Okowa, I’m An Igbo Man From The South South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.