Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate (42389 Views)

Rivers Civil Servants Jubilate Over Governor Fubara's Supreme Court Victory / Buhari Replies Ortom, Expresses Disappointment Over Governor’s Attack On Him / Controversy Over Governor Yahaya Bello’s Coronavirus Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Amumaigwe: 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
Olowosaudi:
It's sad that the teeming but naive supporters of Peter Obi do not understand what it takes to win the Presidential election unlike the South Western people. The detection of Peter Obi to an insignificant party will onl6end up wasting the votes of the LP on Peter Obi and the six south south states will vote for PDP because of the vice president position as they have always done since 1999, but the APC will get the key states in the Northern states like they did in 2015 and 2019, and the whole of the south west states. If I were Peter Obi he should go back to PDP rather than this journey in the desert he has just embarked on. I see the south east being on the losing side for many years to come, and the anger in them is going to increase but they need to learn how to build bridges across states outside of their own region. How well has APGA even performed in the five south east states? Very poor, and APGA only has Control of one out of the five states in the south east. They need to learn how to associate with other ethnic groups and humble themselves by giving to also get in return. My submission.

You have turned adviser. You have forgotten the humiliations your Jagagban passed through in the hands of Fulani before he got the ticket, Mr bridge builder? Hausa/Fulani vote their own always and it will not change this time. Atiku will beat Tinubu hands down because the APC governor's will work for him. Go and ask Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Amumaigwe: 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
Siwel25:

Did he contest himself? Read his comment again. The last time Jagaban was on a ballot was in 2003 and it's true he has never lost an election before.

He soon will
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Kzinne: 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Honor10:

You know nothing, maybe you never heard of Abiola in '93
so you want to compare Abiolas image to that of Tinubu??
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Amumaigwe: 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
KOE1:

How will Vote Peter Obi rescue Nigeria! Lie from the pit of hell. Obi wears the same garment and in no any way different from them. He only flew because he was not given the attention he demanded for. Don't sell rubbish for us we are not blind.

Obi's politics kind is childish! No good politian runs around!

With who will Obi runs NIGERIA if you vote him?

Atiku must be a bad politician cause he has 'run' around more than Obi. Innit?
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Buksaylor: 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
Honor10:
No matter the person he picked. Atiku is dead on arrival.

Tinubu is our next president, the APC northern governors has his back 100% and they will delivered for him there.

If you doubt me just re- watch how this primary election pan out they are the one insisting on southern presidency, and if you think they are not serious with it, you must be joking.
We
Tinubu doesn't go for what he is not sure he will win or get, that's why he has no elective position since 2007, Tinubu will go all out and crush Atiku, you will be surprised that he will beat Atiku in most northern state especially the k's state.

Tinubu is a master strategist.

Don't believe me, just wait for 2023, you will see for yourself.
. You're a political nephyte,you would have known the voting pattern of the north...
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by truthCoder: 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:
If Atiku chooses uncouth Wike, he has failed before starting.
Many southern votes for Atiku in the primaries were protest votes against garrulous Wike.

Wike destoyed muslim mosques in Rivers state, Tinubu's media cronies are waiting to pounce on that as a propaganda tool in the north.

Atiku MUST NOT make mistakes. Jettison every emotion and pick someone else preferably from the SE to secure the huge 11.2 million votes you already had in 2019 even after massive rigging in favour of buhari.

While it is true he had a lot of votes from the SE in 2019, it was because of Peter Obi and not because of Atiku.

Atiku has lost this election already.

If he picks Okowa, he cannot get massive southern votes with that choice. If he picks Wike, he would gain more votes than an Okowa choice but he would lose a lot of northern votes.

Minus one, plus one.

Who will he pick in the SE that can counter the Peter Obi wave?

Except he picks Nnamdi Kanu, no other Igbo brother can move crowds currently like Obi

Atiku has retired. He just doesn’t know yet.
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Khaysee: 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
Reading comments
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Oplomo: 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
truthCoder:

While it is true he had a lot of votes from the SE in 2019, it was because of Peter Obi and not because of Atiku.

Atiku has lost this election already.

If he picks Okowa, he cannot get massive southern votes with that choice. If he picks Wike, he would gain more votes than an Okowa choice but he would lose a lot of northern votes.

Minus one, plus one.

Who will he pick in the SE that can counter the Peter Obi wave?

Except he picks Nnamdi Kanu, no other Igbo brother can move crowds currently like Obi

Atiku has retired. He just doesn’t know yet.

LOL...I'm surprised SE is now consequential in political equation of you yorubas. grin

This una political equation na unstable formular.. 5% is now equal to 70% for Atiku. grin

Tell tinubu to start learning Hausa fast...fast. He'll need it during competition with Atiku for votes in the core North. grin
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by truthCoder: 11:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

LOL...I'm surprised SE is now consequential in political equation of you yorubas. grin

This una political equation na unstable formular.. 5% is now equal to 70% for Atiku. grin

Tell tinubu to start learning Hausa fast...fast. He'll need it during competition with Atiku for votes in the core North. grin

Since you are a tribal bigot with a comprehensive reasoning the size of a cockroach’s thought, i would teach you the decorum you failed to learn from home.

First, every region is important in a federal structure like Nigeria. If your family has structure , this would not be strange to you.

Secondly, there are some of us who dont care about which orangutan seeded you. Some of us want to relate with other people based on common sense and logic. It is fortunate however that some dolts like you see others only through tribal lenses. Even if you luckily travel out of this country, you still are stuck with the reasoning of a territorial fowl.

Finally, my Support for Peter Obi is because he currently is the only candidate that i have hope on that can change this country. I care less about his tribe as that factor is inconsequential in a new Nigeria.

One day, idiots like you will wither off and we hope the next generation coming would have less pests like you.
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by wiseoneking: 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mangekyo:
So it's between Wike and Okowa. Nice.
Many of us would vote massively for our own to be vp, since we can't get president now.

I'm seeing reports that Tinubu is going to pick a northerners as his mate.

Anyone who isn't utterly deluded would agree with me on these 3 things;

* Nobody from SS & SE would vote in a yoruba and Northern presidency in, talkless a Muslim Muslim.

* Atiku is going to secure our votes ahead of Tinubu, if he picks one of our own.

* Atiku is going to get the most northern votes, irrespective of who Tinubu picks as running mate. Kwankwasho is there too and is gonna get at least 1/3
My instinct always tells me that Amaechi will replace him. This divine instinct never fail ones. It will be hard for Nigeria to sale a dimented and half dead man as a contestant. Remember the wishes of Tinubu and his hopes to have the ten sick Buhari dead in his tenure in other for SW to continue in after Bubus demise? Karma! Just wait and see and stop be too proud to shout every one down. There is karma and a true God of Justice. But on the other hand, incapacitation of Tinubu as a president means his Hausafulani Muslim vp will be in charge. Think about that and humble yourself instead of abusing people.
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Oplomo: 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
truthCoder:

Since you are a tribal bigot with a comprehensive reasoning the size of a cockroach’s thought, i would teach you the decorum you failed to learn from home.

First, every region is important in a federal structure like Nigeria. If your family has structure , this would not be strange to you.

Secondly, there are some of us who dont care about which orangutan seeded you. Some of us want to relate with other people based on common sense and logic. It is fortunate however that some dolts like you see others only through tribal lenses. Even if you luckily travel out of this country, you still are stuck with the reasoning of a territorial fowl.

Finally, my Support for Peter Obi is because he currently is the only candidate that i have hope on that can change this country. I care less about his tribe as that factor is inconsequential in a new Nigeria.

One day, idiots like you will wither off and we hope the next generation coming would have less pests like you.

I hardly read two lines, before hearing your painful cries and I ceased reading more of your infantile effusions and emotional expletives. grin

This is politics, you are being overly emotional, don't hate the player, hate the game. grin
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Okhuadams(m): 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mangekyo:
Many of us would vote massively for our own to be vp, since we can't get president now.

* Nobody from SS & SE would vote in a yoruba and Northern presidency in, talkless a Muslim Muslim.

* Atiku is going to secure our votes ahead of Tinubu, if he picks one of our own.

* Atiku is going to get the most northern votes, irrespective of who Tinubu picks as running mate. Kwankwasho is there too and is gonna get at least 1/3
in your own very opinion
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by truthCoder: 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
Oplomo:

I hardly read two lines, before hearing your painful cries and I ceased reading reading more of your infantile effusions and emotional expletives. grin

This is politics, you are being overly emotional, don't hate the player, hate the game. grin

Nah.

This, that you are doing is not politics.

It is the sign of a myopic mind who could not initially comprehend my post and went on a tribal rant.

You need some growing up to do and i dont mean age of numbers.
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by olibeans: 11:51pm On Jun 09, 2022
Confused PDP.
What does it mean that Wike is not Presidential in Conduct. Double standards.

Polithievians..

Nyesom Wike has more control and can deliver more votes than Okowa but you're doomed to fail, that's why you cannot see it.
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by brandsoncharlie: 11:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mangekyo:

Why is it u people like to include south south in your discuss with south east. Can’t you people stay on your own.
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by samunaka: 12:17am On Jun 10, 2022
ijustdey:

While supporters of Mr Wike are insisting on his nomination as Atiku's running mate, a majority of leaders of the PDP prefer the Governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Okowa, for the position.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/535826-deadlock-over-governor-wike-as-atiku-searches-for-running-mate.html

Atiku has not forgotten what he did to Obasanjo when he was the vice president, so there is just no way he will nominate Wike as his vice , else Wike will forcefully hijack the presidency from him
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:05am On Jun 10, 2022
Stop boasting, don't bring Tinubu down with your over hyping. He's mortal, he's not a master strategist
Honor10:

Tinubu is our next president, the APC northern governors has his back 100% and they will delivered for him there.

If you doubt me just re- watch how this primary election pan out they are the one insisting on southern presidency, and if you think they are not serious with it, you must be joking.

Tinubu doesn't go for what he is not sure he will win or get, that's why he has no elective position since 2007, Tinubu will go all out and crush Atiku, you will be surprised that he will beat Atiku in most northern state especially the k's state.

Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by chrisxxx(m): 5:07am On Jun 10, 2022
Oplomo:

Go and google it. I don't have time for nincompoopery. Or better still, stick to your sports section with the failed super chickens. grin
So those destroyed as well by El Rufai even in Kaduna should be blamed on Wike?
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by WhizdomXX(m): 8:05am On Jun 10, 2022
Mangekyo:

End result: Atiku will lose. Reason: SOUTHERN PRESIDENT MUST EMERGE 2023.
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Bigkoko: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2022
Well said. That's to show you the bunch of rog.ues some people are pushing for!
Elections are yet to be done, they're already sharing positions!

alsudan:
The Thieves will use their hands to scatter both APC and PDP.

See them already sharing offices, one year to an election they’re not sure of winning.

Nigeria must be rescued. Vote Peter Obi for President.

Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Bigkoko: 9:16am On Jun 10, 2022
There's only one Igbo alive that can help Atiku to can counter the Obi4President clamours amongst Nigerian youths & millennials!
Too bad that person is in DSS custody. Y'all knows his name!

If Atiku makes him his Vice President, Even while in custody, it's game over for Obi.

But I heard he's very stubborn & would have none of crooks like Atiku around him!

So Obi4President clamours continues until Peter Obi is sworn in as President come 2023
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by subcbouy: 9:16am On Jun 10, 2022
When did Phidiphi joins labour women?
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by Bigkoko: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2022
This picture speaks volumes!
Even the whites consults the Stars to know who they align for!

Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by maxzzo1(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2022
Wike remains d best.....Atiku needs him more than he needs Atiku....
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by duwdu: 12:56pm On Jun 10, 2022
Honor10:

This is essentially my own line of argument and expectations as well, especially as Tinubu has the solid backing of almost all the governors — crucially all from the North — on the platform of the APC. Plus, they arguably have the larger population of actual voters.

Further, it's inconceivable to me, at this point, that the APC Northern governors, after championing the emergence of their party's presidential poll bearer, would just lay down for Atiku/the PDP to displace them on their own turf.

This will be irrespective of whoever they agree the running mate of Tinubu would be, IMHO.

It will certainly be tough for the PDP to win the upcoming 2023 presidential poll.

P34c3
Re: Deadlock Over Governor Wike As Atiku Searches For Running Mate by bizzibodi(m): 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
ATIKU DONOT choose Wike as a running mate ooo! Know this and know PEACE!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prepare For Break-up, Afenifere Tells North / Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo / Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.