Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. (18075 Views)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by JagaJaga1: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2012
@fili I understand that he has to learn the language to get a good job when he graduates but, are you saying that he can't get a menial job as a student without a knowledge of german. Please let me know because I'm expecting admission letters from schools in Germany and Norway (there are a lot of menial jobs here) and I'm considering going to the one in Germany as it has a better ranking than the one in Norway. If you were in my shoes, which one would you pick?
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by fili24: 1:05am On Feb 26, 2012
@ Jaga Jaga

There are lots of menial jobs in Germany, also its depends on the city u wanna go
but its not advisable to work the first six months, that is why u must prove you've funds for 1 yr,
its not that easy to combine working and studying in Germany. German education system is very tough

For me its Germany over Norway, Norway is crazily expensive to live in and very boring too
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by Hoodrat(m): 10:25am On Feb 27, 2012
fili24:

@ Jaga Jaga

There are lots of menial jobs in Germany, also its depends on the city u wanna go
but its not advisable to work the first six months, that is why u must prove you've funds for 1 yr,
its not that easy to combine working and studying in Germany. German education system is very tough

For me its Germany over Norway, Norway is crazily expensive to live in and very boring too

For those planning to come to Norway there is more to it, Is crazily expensive and boring. If not for the sake of feeding my seeds i wont be here you can easily survive in country like Germany,Poland. Norwegian papers is one of the hardest in the world. Most of the blacks here are asylum seekers and few are the ones with the legal right to stay, Yes you can say is easy to make the money here but is easy to spend it all as well e.g in Poland or Germany you can easily walk into an elegant restaurant to enjoy one of the delicious meals they have to offer but in Norway is a different thing you will be forced to learn to cook at home or eat junk food in order to maintain your expenses. The people here are not accommodating and none will help you if you have nothing to offer because there is nothing call freewill here.
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by yemmyma: 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2012
@Hoodrat

does that mean there are no foreign students there? I know their education is free why only asylum seekers?
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by JagaJaga1: 12:10am On Feb 28, 2012
@fili 24 Bremen is my option in Germany (is it a cool town?). Can you tell me which of the 2 countries offer an easier route of switching to a work visa upon completion of studies. I also plan to do a PhD program in any of these countries.

@Hoodrat What do you mean by "Norwegian papers are the hardest to get." Are you trying to say that it is very hard to get residence permits after studying there. I'll appreciate if you can carefully explain how boring Norway is because I don't mind living in a boring country as long as I can make some good money. Also; what visa do you currently hold in Norway and what is preventing you from moving over to Germany.
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by Hoodrat(m): 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2012
@
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by Hoodrat(m): 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2012
@
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by Hoodrat(m): 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2012
@ jaga jaga you stand a better chance of not been a asylum seekers if the expensive life will not make you give up your studies and if you ever graduated men you stand a better chance of been successful here. As for me been here is because i found work and i currently shuttled between Poland and Norway i and my wife settled here and it wasn't very hard to find work on the ground my wife lives and work here. Reason i will recommend Germany to you is because Germany is one of the best place to live in the world though seen as racist country in the past but they were quick to varnished it and you will never have problem in Germany if you respect and obey their law,Germany is not expensive and is very easy to survive there unlike other popular European countries that are extremely racist and hateful towards immigrant. part of the reason i love been in Norway and travelling to German occasionally and my last trip to Grmany lasted 3months. in those two countries you feel at home and don't feel as immigrant because nobody care about you or the colour of your skin if you like you paint yourself blue nobody give a ish about you as long as you respect the law and obey the system abide to all the citizen and resident of it. If you really got plan to travel make sure you have a strong financial means because no help is guaranteed anywhere and the way to success is very narrow as we all know so my brother be prepared for whatever challenges and be fully aware Europe is not your continent.
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by futurewise11(m): 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2012
@all,
Please kindly expain how much can a student withdraw from the blocked account on a monthly basis?
Which school teach in english language in germany?
How many hours are student allow to work per week?
Any handwork that someone can earn good cash with in germany.thanks in anticipation
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by ludab: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2012
@all,have anyone applied for German short term visa like conference visa before? Please let's know how it went and the important things or documents oneself should note, as well as other things that matters most. Thanks
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by linkin8k(m): 1:20am On May 27, 2012
Interesting thread, hope it can still come alive. Am planning of doing my MSc in Germany,please what do they mean by certified copies of documents but not original? Does it mean i can't just scan or photocopy my original certificates and send?

I want to be sure of how they want the application to be before i begin. Thanks
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by JagaJaga1: 2:37am On May 27, 2012
@linkin8k you need to go to a court or anyother notary institution to certify your docs before sending it to them--originals would not be accepted.
Re: Information Needed From Nigerian Students & Nigerians Living In Germany. by linkin8k(m): 7:11pm On May 27, 2012
Thanks @jaga-jaga. Also would be be accepted if i have a low gpa? Some schools i check say minimum of 2.5 others just say bachelors

(1) (2)

Dirtiest City In Nigeria? / 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India / Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.