Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,078 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia (38401 Views)

North Korea Moves Heavy Weapons To Border With South. / NATO To Deploy Permanent Military Force On Its Border With Russia / Covid-19: Kim Jong-Un Orders Military To Kill Anyone Near Border With China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Etinosa1234: 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
Shoodboi:

Typical NATO fanboy. Provide the video evidence. YouTube is right there. I've searched and couldn't find any. Western media would have posted it if it were true, but there is none there. The translation isn't a problem. Media would have done that already. YouTube has automatic translations too.

I've always know Putin fandogs are dumb... I never knew they lie also.... cheesy

U searched YouTube and u didn't see it??

I guess u were waiting for ur telegram channel to post it before u finally believe cheesy grin grin

Why do u lie to ur self grin.. I didn't even bother searching for long unlike u liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2sfJjl7_Zk

5 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by MansoryMX(m): 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
pansophist:
Peace cost nothing. The US have succeeded in instilling fears on Finnish people, and now they want to waste Billions of Euros to build some kind of barrier along their over 1200km border with Russia. Meanwhile, a missle can fly over it and blow up Finland it Russia truly want to attack it.

Did you say US? Didn’t you see what Russia did to Ukraine? Someone of you Islamic extremist are just too stupid and callous

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by naijaman2225(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
ABANGWABOI:
E no go stop Russia from flogging una when Dem get una time..
AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK RUSSIA WON'T BE FLOGGED IN RETURN? RIGHT NOW RUSSIA IS IN THE SAME POSITION NAZI GERMANY WAS IN THE LAST CENTURY: IN THE GRIP OF A DICTATOR WHO, IN ORDER TO LEGITIMIZE HIS DICTATORSHIP, IS PROMISING HIS COUNTRYMEN LEBENSRAUM BY GRABBING FOREIGN LANDS. WE ALL KNOW HOW THE THOUSAND YEAR REICH ENDED AND WHAT EVENTUALLY HAPPENED TO THE GERMANS
THEREAFTER.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by MansoryMX(m): 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
StarGra:
Just finished watching Attack on Finland.....Finland better joins NATO..

Which attack plz? Did Russia Attack Finland?
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2022
pquaver:

Cheychen war, invasion of Afghanistan is what? Peace talks Abi?

The chechen war was a civil war and not an invasion. Afghanistan was invaded by the Soviet Union, which included Ukraine. In fact, an Ukraain was the president of the Soviet Union at the time of the invasion and for most of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
chaseblack:

Lol, see as this one is shifting goalpost. So Russia wasn't part of USSR then abi, you want to exonerate Russia to satisfy you dogmatic view but your faux lord Putin keeps crying about bringing back USSR.

Lol. No one is shifting the goal post. You're the one trying to rewrite history by claiming Russia invaded the Soviet Union. And I showed you it was the Soviet Union and not Russia that invaded Afghanistan. But if you continue to insist it was Russia since Russia was part of the Soviet Union, then you could as well say it was Ukraine vaceuse Ukraine controlled the Soviet Union to the time.

Was Ukraine not part of the Soviet Union? So how come you're blaming Russia for what Russia and Ukraine both did? And strangely, you're passing the blame in an attempt to pass off Ukraine as a saint?

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Etinosa1234:

I've always know Putin fandogs are dumb... I never knew they lie also.... cheesy

U searched YouTube and u didn't see it??

I guess u were waiting for ur telegram channel to post it before u finally believe cheesy grin grin

Why do u lie to ur self grin.. I didn't even bother searching for long unlike u liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2sfJjl7_Zk

Smart people read to understand and not read to respond. You read to respond. The initial comment I replied to before you jumped in was about Russia grabbing land that didn't belong to it. The video is about Russia taking back land that belongs to Russia. How do they relate? Read son. Read.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Etinosa1234: 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Shoodboi:

Smart people read to understand and not read to respond. You read to respond. The initial comment I replied to before you jumped in was about Russia grabbing land that didn't belong to it. The video is about Russia taking back land that belongs to Russia. How do they relate? Read son. Read.

U are actually the person who is not smart... He compared himself to Peter the Great and if u had a sound brain and had read history, u would have used ur common sense to know the legacy of Peter the Great and how Putin intends to follow that same path..

Hence the comparison.. Or is it until Putin comes to ur room at abule egba to tell u that he wants to capture land before u understand what's actually going on??

Be smart , putard

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
Etinosa1234:

U are actually the person who is not smart... He compared himself to Peter the Great and if u had a sound brain and had read history, u would have used ur common sense to know the legacy of Peter the Great and how Putin intends to follow that same path..

Hence the comparison

Be smart , putard

I wonder why you keep insulting me. Did I hurl any insults at you? Plus the fact that you keep writing in shorthand text, using u, and not punctuating properly. It tells about your intelligence, maturity, and manners and I'd really be disappointed if you are an adult.

That said, I read about him just now and confirmed again that he retook lands Sweden had taken from Russia along with improving education in Russia and bringing Russia into the modern age. So how is he a bad person?

Besides, Donbas and Crimea belonged to Russia and not Ukraine. Ukraine illegally occupied Donbas during the Russian civil war (when Russia wasn't paying attention) and refused to give it back, even after becoming part of the Soviet Union.

Crimea on the other hand, ended in Russian hands after a Soviet president (I don't remember the name) moved it from Russia to Ukraine for administrative purposes. Russia based for Crimea after the breakup for the Soviet Union but Ukraine refused to give it back too.

So is there anything wrong with Russia fighting to reclaim those areas back?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by pquaver(m): 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
Shoodboi:

The chechen war was a civil war and not an invasion. Afghanistan was invaded by the Soviet Union, which included Ukraine. In fact, an Ukraain was the president of the Soviet Union at the time of the invasion and for most of it.

Russia na di oga kpata kpata of ussr. Same excuse nato.. Every invading body has their own excuse..

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by StarGra: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
It's a movie

MansoryMX:

Which attack plz? Did Russia Attack Finland?
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by leofab(f): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
Shoodboi:
Would the fence stop a missile? France built a border between it and Germany before ww2. Israel did the same thing between it with Egypt in the late 20th century. Both still got attacked anyway. Instead of living in fear Americans should be the ones living in, make peace with Russia. Russia has only ever invaded two countries: Georgia and Ukraine, and it's over the same issue, NATO. You don't expect to rear tigers near a kindergarten and expect the parents of the kindergarteners not to fight you.
why not barricade your neighbor who reals tiger instead of attacking him knowing you are giving him good and the rearing is for his own survival ?
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
leofab:
why not barricade your neighbor who reals tiger instead of attacking him knowing you are giving him good and the rearing is for his own survival ?

Tigers are good jumpers. They can jump higher than a bungalow house. So a barricade is never enough to keep them out. Besides, barricades can collapse or fail (in the case of electric barricades) which gives the tigers direct access to the kindergarten. Tigers have no loyalty too and could turn on the owner anytime. Even at that, even if the neighbor is rearing them for his survival, they're still dangerous to our kids. Do we want our kids to die because a tiger-rearer wants to survive? I don't think so.

Let's take thee tigers away. It's safe for our kids, and it's safe for the rearer too.
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Bbbw: 8:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
Really

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by ViceGovernor: 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Waste of money they'll realize it when the Russian Panzas start leveling the fence cheesy

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Etinosa1234: 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
Shoodboi:

I wonder why you keep insulting me. Did I hurl any insults at you? Plus the fact that you keep writing in shorthand text, using u, and not punctuating properly. It tells about your intelligence, maturity, and manners and I'd really be disappointed if you are an adult.

That said, I read about him just now and confirmed again that he retook lands Sweden had taken from Russia along with improving education in Russia and bringing Russia into the modern age. So how is he a bad person?

Wonderful... So are u telling me that original Russian land was more than 2 continents??

In fact, how was the land "retook" from Sweden Russian land?? Peter the great was just a conqueror and an emperor.. So any where he sought to conquer, he went to capture..

He was the person who started the expansion of Russia to what it is now

The Swedes are not even from the same line as this Russians who were basically Slavs.. Even Finland that is the closest neighbor of Russia are not Slavs like them either

So correct that lie that he "retook" land from sweden

He didn't "retook" any land, he fought against Swedish power and captured the lands that was never his own

Besides, Donbas and Crimea belonged to Russia and not Ukraine. Ukraine illegally occupied Donbas during the Russian civil war (when Russia wasn't paying attention) and refused to give it back, even after becoming part of the Soviet Union.
Before I prove this assertion wrong, can u prove to me "how Russia wasn't paying attention" when Ukraine occupied donbas??

Go and read history and you'll see that those lands u are referring too was never Russian in the beginning

Crimea on the other hand, ended in Russian hands after a Soviet president (I don't remember the name) moved it from Russia to Ukraine for administrative purposes. Russia based for Crimea after the breakup for the Soviet Union but Ukraine refused to give it back too.

So is there anything wrong with Russia fighting to reclaim those areas back?

Also, for Crimea, it shows that u haven't read far and wide to know that Russia is basically reclaiming land that was part of the old Russian empire

Firstly, Crimea was never originally Russian land... It was inhabited earlier by the Greeks, then the Ottomans conquered it before the Russian captured it from the Ottomans in the 1700s by -guess who cheesy - Peter the Great's daughter grin.. So u can see that both Catherine and Putin sought to continue Peter the Great legacy by continuously grabbing lands

In the old Russian empire, Finland was part of it until 1917

Given that Putin has compared himself to Peter the great, there's every possibility he'll set his sight on it too...

So yes there's everything wrong with Putin trying to reclaim land that was not originally his grin grin

It was nice educating u grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Ibime(m): 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
drnoel:

I think the essence of the wall is rather symbolic than anything physical. Am sure the know the capability of Russian military. Besides the said wall is made of just poles with infrared sensors. So they are not all physical structures.
Finland is one of the few countries that fought Russia to a stalemate. They know what they are doing and ain't scared of the Russ

I think the body of the text says it all. The border is to stop Russia flooding them with immigrants like Belarus did to Poland

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Etinosa1234: 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2022
Shoodboi:

Wow.. So invasion by the Soviets was purely soviet but if it was NATO, you would have blamed the US like u always do

Putin fans and speaking from both sides of the mouth grin

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by ariesbull: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Wonderful... So are u telling me that original Russian land was more than 2 continents??

In fact, how was the land "retook" from Sweden Russian land?? Peter the great was just a conqueror and an emperor.. So any where he sought to conquer, he went to capture..

He was the person who started the expansion of Russia to what it is now

The Swedes are not even from the same line as this Russians who were basically Slavs.. Even Finland that is the closest neighbor of Russia are not Slavs like them either

So correct that lie that he "retook" land from sweden

He didn't "retook" any land, he fought against Swedish power and captured the lands that was never his own

Before I prove this assertion wrong, can u prove to me "how Russia wasn't paying attention" when Ukraine occupied donbas??

Go and read history and you'll see that those lands u are referring too was never Russian in the beginning

Also, for Crimea, it shows that u haven't read far and wide to know that Russia is basically reclaiming land that was part of the old Russian empire

Firstly, Crimea was never originally Russian land... It was inhabited earlier by the Greeks, then the Ottomans conquered it before the Russian captured it from the Ottomans in the 1700s by -guess who cheesy - Peter the Great's daughter grin.. So u can see that both Catherine and Putin sought to continue Peter the Great legacy by continuously grabbing lands

In the old Russian empire, Finland was part of it until 1917

Given that Putin has compared himself to Peter the great, there's every possibility he'll set his sight on it too...

So yes there's everything wrong with Putin trying to reclaim land that was not originally his grin grin

It was nice educating u grin cheesy
blablabla.... Benin boy go and reclaim the gelegele taken by ijaw in edo state before you blab about Russia

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Etinosa1234: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
ariesbull:
blablabla.... Benin boy go and reclaim the gelegele taken by ijaw in edo state before you blab about Russia

Igbo boy.. Goan reclaim anambra that igala people have collected from u grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by leofab(f): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
Shoodboi:

Tigers are good jumpers. They can jump higher than a bungalow house. So a barricade is never enough to keep them out. Besides, barricades can collapse or fail (in the case of electric barricades) which gives the tigers direct access to the kindergarten. Tigers have no loyalty too and could turn on the owner anytime. Even at that, even if the neighbor is rearing them for his survival, they're still dangerous to our kids. Do we want our kids to die because a tiger-rearer wants to survive? I don't think so.

Let's take thee tigers away. It's safe for our kids, and it's safe for the rearer too.
why not support the tiger rearer with a better option and see if he will want to still rear the tiger? Instead of oppressing and attacking him ?

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
naijaman2225:

AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK RUSSIA WON'T BE FLOGGED IN RETURN? RIGHT NOW RUSSIA IS IN THE SAME POSITION NAZI GERMANY WAS IN THE LAST CENTURY: IN THE GRIP OF A DICTATOR WHO, IN ORDER TO LEGITIMIZE HIS DICTATORSHIP, IS PROMISING HIS COUNTRYMEN LEBENSRAUM BY GRABBING FOREIGN LANDS. WE ALL KNOW HOW THE THOUSAND YEAR REICH ENDED AND WHAT EVENTUALLY HAPPENED TO THE GERMANS
THEREAFTER.

You can't equate Russia situation to that old Germany..
Russia has capable and deadly allies that your favs countries can't do shit to..
North Korea,China and co ain't joking..

So if you think Russia would be crushed.. you are joking.
Why your favs Haven't involved their selves fully in the war is cos they know that Russia allies would aide Russia and before anyone says Jack.. a full blown world War is in our hands and your favs are cowards and feminized countries that no longer want a third world war to break out..
Your favs can only send weapons to poorly trained and weakend Ukraine troops but can never send personnel to aid them either by land or Air directly in the war..

Read the writings clearly on the wall..

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by drnoel: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ibime:

I think the body of the text says it all. The border is to stop Russia flooding them with immigrants like Belarus did to Poland

I doubt that border would prevent immigrants crossing and they know that. It's not going to be like Trump's wall. It's to warn them of any crossing. Not the same thing
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
leofab:
why not support the tiger rearer with a better option and see if he will want to still rear the tiger? Instead of oppressing and attacking him ?

The tiger rearer doesn't need an option. He's rearing tigers because he wants to. And he's right because he is free to do whatever he wishes.

We are not complaining because he's rearing tigers because we know he has the right to rear tigers. But we're complaining because he's rearing tigers close to the kindergarten containing our kids despite having the right to rear tigers. We wouldn't complain if he took his tigers elsewhere, but we'd complain when he has them close to our kids. I hope you get the idea now.

Imagine you have 2 to 5-year-old kids and live in a rented apartment, would you feel comfortable if your neighbor has a huge dog like a pitbull? You definitely won't, even if he chains it down with 50 million chains and keeps it indoors 24/7. The fact that the dog is there would never make you safe and there's no assurance the neighbor would ever give you to calm your nerves.

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by xeju: 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
shugacaneman:
The west have succeeded in making neighboring countries to be enemies.
Shut up and go read history, keep opening mouth wawawa without common sense.
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Edoziesmart(m): 9:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
OzumbaGi:
LOOSE THAT BELLY FAT (Guaranteed weight loss)

Are you not tired of spamming every thread with different moniker selling fake product?
If actually it works as you potray, you won't even have time to do all these rubbish here all time.
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
make me remembered the interview of that guy maybe in Uniport or RVSU

a person from Finland is what? an Finland

Finland no won allow Russia see them Finnish as they're known for
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by ElijahIme1992(m): 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
drnoel:

I think the essence of the wall is rather symbolic than anything physical. Am sure the know the capability of Russian military. Besides the said wall is made of just poles with infrared sensors. So they are not all physical structures.
Finland is one of the few countries that fought Russia to a stalemate. They know what they are doing and ain't scared of the Russ
Oga dat kind stalemate, or you forgot the land they lost to the Russians...
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by godliman: 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
panafrican:
Did they remember the Maginot Line? Russian troops can go through Norway or attack by sea or shell every part of Finland with long range missiles, flatten enemy lines before sending in thousands of paratroopers.

demons of war no other work but war who cursed Russia?
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by salem1996: 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
gambojimeta:

Yeah, we saw that with Ukraine. Except Ukraine is still standing.

Dude, we are no longer in the 1930s. France even though the biggest military in that era fell in 6weeks.

Ukraine, the poorest country in 2022 Europe hasn't fallen in over 3 months. Russia is overrated.

grin grin I laff whenever I see comments like this though am not surprise is coming from a western supporter. The problems with our mouths is that its speak so much into glorifying a dog to believe it can tear down a lion at one glance, only for him to step into the ring and after the fight, all the hailers turn to sympathizers and all rush back to their tents.

If only zelensky know the game the US is using his country to play, he will have long sought for a diplomatic end. But he trusted people like you who play down the Russian army to look small in his eyes and believe in the words of the west. now, he cry over every given opportunity for help but he is not getting much attention as the war started. Your supposed friend can only provide you with food when he has enough for his family first....

They told us russian army is losing heavily in Mariupol, today what's the fate of that dear city?
They told us Severodonesk can't be conquered, as of day before yesterday they claim to inflict heavy losses on Russian army, but yesterday and today the city's mayor said they only control the outskirt of the city with russia controlling 90% of it. I use to trust the west but their propaganda and low context communication skills makes me hate them. My anger against zelensky is his mouth that he runs here and there following the west in pushing lies and hiding the truth...

If you get what I mean fine, if not, it is still fine

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joe Biden Reunites With Barack Obama At The White House (Pictures) / President Al Bashir “escapes” From South Africa / Turkish Policeman Kills Russian Ambassador To Turkey Over Aleppo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.