Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia (38399 Views)

North Korea Moves Heavy Weapons To Border With South. / NATO To Deploy Permanent Military Force On Its Border With Russia / Covid-19: Kim Jong-Un Orders Military To Kill Anyone Near Border With China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Kelvin3476: 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
pansophist:
Peace cost nothing. The US have succeeded in instilling fears on Finnish people, and now they want to waste Billions of Euros to build some kind of barrier along their over 1200km border with Russia. Meanwhile, a missle can fly over it and blow up Finland it Russia truly want to attack it.
IF THEY CNT DO IT NOW , THEN THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO FIRE THOSE MISSILES INTO FINLAND. NATO IS KNOCKING...

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Kelvin3476: 10:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Shoodboi:
Would the fence stop a missile? France built a border between it and Germany before ww2. Israel did the same thing between it with Egypt in the late 20th century. Both still got attacked anyway. Instead of living in fear Americans should be the ones living in, make peace with Russia. Russia has only ever invaded two countries: Georgia and Ukraine, and it's over the same issue, NATO. You don't expect to rear tigers near a kindergarten and expect the parents of the kindergarteners not to fight you.
Russians are knwn for land grabbing

4 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Kelvin3476: 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2022
Elsueno:
Bwahah, if Russia wants to deal with u, I assure Finland, that fence would be totally useless & a waste of money, unless of course it's like 50km long both above & below, made of bomb resistant material that comes with a missles shields grin

Finland should just come clean & say they don't want middle Eastern & black refugees in their country, no need to use Russia to camouflage
I have never heard of RUSSIA INVADING OR LAND GRABBING FROM A NATO NATION. FINLAND MIGHT BE ACCEPTD INTO NATO ANYTIME SOON

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by RichProminent(m): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
shogsman:
Barriers don't stop missiles and nukes
The objective of the barrier is not to stop missles/nukes but to put a clear demacation.

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Emmyxclusive: 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
etrange:

The invasion has never been about NATO. He only didn't want Ukraine to join NATO cause NATO would be in the way of his original plan which is to carve out a part of Ukraine. He invaded Ukraine half way into the NATO membership discussion/negotiations and said it was a peacekeeping mission. How people still believe this is all about NATO baffles me.
this fact is what that guy qouting me fail to understand. Putin want to claim dombas, Crimea nd part of Moldova and link them to Russia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Delacroix6(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
Etinosa1234:

I've always know Putin fandogs are dumb... I never knew they lie also.... cheesy

U searched YouTube and u didn't see it??

I guess u were waiting for ur telegram channel to post it before u finally believe cheesy grin grin

Why do u lie to ur self grin.. I didn't even bother searching for long unlike u liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2sfJjl7_Zk

That d*mb fvq will probably call it deepfake.
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
post=113675673:
PEACE is all we want in our world.

There is no peace for the wicked. Change your evil ways.
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by aidameoryou: 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
naija4life247:

You will cry blood

That's what you wrote
Any more thing? cool

Write it down as well
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by SlavaUkraini: 12:40am On Jun 11, 2022
datola:
The Finnish Government is worried about hybrid attack from Russia and the Aggressive Land grabbing attitude of Russia :

LOL.

See the way Finland reduced Russia to ajagun gbale- similitude of those bad guys in Lagos.

Lol..... cheesy

Ajagun Gbale..... cheesy cheesy

I don laugh tire this night.

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by TobiAbuja: 12:46am On Jun 11, 2022
They have a right to be nervous with such a war mongering neighbor, but after Putin's aggression they are now a laughing stock.

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by leofab(f): 1:15am On Jun 11, 2022
Shoodboi:

The tiger rearer doesn't need an option. He's rearing tigers because he wants to. And he's right because he is free to do whatever he wishes.

We are not complaining because he's rearing tigers because we know he has the right to rear tigers. But we're complaining because he's rearing tigers close to the kindergarten containing our kids despite having the right to rear tigers. We wouldn't complain if he took his tigers elsewhere, but we'd complain when he has them close to our kids. I hope you get the idea now.

Imagine you have 2 to 5-year-old kids and live in a rented apartment, would you feel comfortable if your neighbor has a huge dog like a pitbull? You definitely won't, even if he chains it down with 50 million chains and keeps it indoors 24/7. The fact that the dog is there would never make you safe and there's no assurance the neighbor would ever give you to calm your nerves.
you are confusing yourself.. because you are stronger than your neighbor and always intimidate and beat them; instead of you to form a vigilante group(USA and Canada) with them and empower them to protect themselves then you turn around again and invade then when they decide to train tiger for their own security.. Do ask yourself why every country around Russia want to join NATO instead of joining alliance with rusaia.

4 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Eagba(m): 4:00am On Jun 11, 2022
Shoodboi:

I wonder why you keep insulting me. Did I hurl any insults at you? Plus the fact that you keep writing in shorthand text, using u, and not punctuating properly. It tells about your intelligence, maturity, and manners and I'd really be disappointed if you are an adult.

That said, I read about him just now and confirmed again that he retook lands Sweden had taken from Russia along with improving education in Russia and bringing Russia into the modern age. So how is he a bad person?

Besides, Donbas and Crimea belonged to Russia and not Ukraine. Ukraine illegally occupied Donbas during the Russian civil war (when Russia wasn't paying attention) and refused to give it back, even after becoming part of the Soviet Union.

Crimea on the other hand, ended in Russian hands after a Soviet president (I don't remember the name) moved it from Russia to Ukraine for administrative purposes. Russia based for Crimea after the breakup for the Soviet Union but Ukraine refused to give it back too.

So is there anything wrong with Russia fighting to reclaim those areas back?
was it all about NATO when Russia tried a land grab with Japan? or when they decided to split Poland with Hitler was it NATO or ajagun gba le

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by drnoel: 4:54am On Jun 11, 2022
ElijahIme1992:
Oga dat kind stalemate, or you forgot the land they lost to the Russians...

Yes they did, didn't forget. But U forget how many Russians they killed. Don't mess with the fins
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by vipab24936: 5:43am On Jun 11, 2022
Hdgd

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Bigchristo22(m): 6:21am On Jun 11, 2022
RedScorpion:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-06-09/finland-plans-to-build-barriers-on-its-border-with-russia%3fcontext=amp
this won’t stop them if Russia is really ready to attack, barricade can’t stop cruise missiles and nukes

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by ken6488(m): 8:58am On Jun 11, 2022
Maginot Line Couldn't safe France from Germany attack

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by ken6488(m): 9:00am On Jun 11, 2022
Delacroix6:

Let them try..
Finland can equally return the favour.
Like Ukraine?
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Delacroix6(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2022
ken6488:
Like Ukraine?

No like Germany... Sh!t
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by ElijahIme1992(m): 9:37am On Jun 11, 2022
drnoel:

Yes they did, didn't forget. But U forget how many Russians they killed. Don't mess with the fins
So the Russians did not kill many finish soldiers? So how come Finland lost territories..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by railone(m): 10:48am On Jun 11, 2022
salem1996:

grin grin I laff whenever I see comments like this though am not surprise is coming from a western supporter. The problems with our mouths is that its speak so much into glorifying a dog to believe it can tear down a lion at one glance, only for him to step into the ring and after the fight, all the hailers turn to sympathizers and all rush back to their tents.

If only zelensky know the game the US is using his country to play, he will have long sought for a diplomatic end. But he trusted people like you who play down the Russian army to look small in his eyes and believe in the words of the west. now, he cry over every given opportunity for help but he is not getting much attention as the war started. Your supposed friend can only provide you with food when he has enough for his family first....

They told us russian army is losing heavily in Mariupol, today what's the fate of that dear city?
They told us Severodonesk can't be conquered, as of day before yesterday they claim to inflict heavy losses on Russian army, but yesterday and today the city's mayor said they only control the outskirt of the city with russia controlling 90% of it. I use to trust the west but their propaganda and low context communication skills makes me hate them. My anger against zelensky is his mouth that he runs here and there following the west in pushing lies and hiding the truth...

If you get what I mean fine, if not, it is still fine

so you hate someone for doing everything to protect the land entrusted to him by his people?

have you looked at the coward in your mirror this morning??

3 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by salem1996: 11:30am On Jun 11, 2022
railone:

so you hate someone for doing everything to protect the land entrusted to him by his people?

have you looked at the coward in your mirror this morning??

grin grin grin
How far has he protected the city so far? Mr. Brain?
cheesy wink.

Russia was never there to attack, but simply DO NOT JOIN NATO was the whole thing. He acted foolishly when he thought it was an empty threat by coming out to state that he has sign a proposal to join NATO while he was not even on EU list thereby damaging a diplomatic status of ending the war and also forgetting the 350yrs history of Peter the Great. By the way, you seems struggling with comprehension issues after reading your comment. Find out where I said I hate him for defending his nation then you will worth my next reply.

Hope you read what President Biden said about Zelensky yesterday?
Man, the moment the US realize their agenda will not be possible, they will pull back stylishly and watch a repeation of Tsar's history wink before the establishment or the Soviet Union.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Appleyard(m): 11:45am On Jun 11, 2022
In this age of Hypersonic missile, drone and space technology, border barriers are just a waste of paper money. The best defence anyone can muster is to keep your friends close and your enemy closer by being neither here nor there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Appleyard(m): 11:48am On Jun 11, 2022
Delacroix6:

Yeah Afghanistan too because of NATO.

It was USSR that invaded Afghanistan.
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Appleyard(m): 11:49am On Jun 11, 2022
Emmyxclusive:
stop saying the invasion of Ukraine is about NATO. Putin's aim from the beginning was to go into war a grab land. He even admitted in an interview recently that he is reclaiming land like tzar Peter but since u claim u know putin's mind more than himself continue with u NATO provocation talk.

Typical western bot narrative.
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Deepthoughts: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2022
panafrican:
Did they remember the Maginot Line? Russian troops can go through Norway or attack by sea or shell every part of Finland with long range missiles, flatten enemy lines before sending in thousands of paratroopers.

The barrier is basically to deter refugees and illegal immigrants n not to a military attack, those of you thinking that Russia is indomitable keep urging her own, already her actions in Ukraine has caused the neutral countries bordering her to opt to joining NATO,that should send a message to all of you.

1 Like

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Appleyard(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2022
chaseblack:

Lol, see as this one is shifting goalpost. So Russia wasn't part of USSR then abi, you want to exonerate Russia to satisfy you dogmatic view but your faux lord Putin keeps crying about bringing back USSR.

Post one evidence of where Putin cried for or craved the return of the USSR.
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Appleyard(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Wonderful... So are u telling me that original Russian land was more than 2 continents??

In fact, how was the land "retook" from Sweden Russian land?? Peter the great was just a conqueror and an emperor.. So any where he sought to conquer, he went to capture..

He was the person who started the expansion of Russia to what it is now

The Swedes are not even from the same line as this Russians who were basically Slavs.. Even Finland that is the closest neighbor of Russia are not Slavs like them either

So correct that lie that he "retook" land from sweden
He didn't "retook" any land he fought against Swedish power and captured the lands that was never his own.

At the bolded, Peter The Great "regained" lands taken by Sweden from Russia in times when war of conquest defines ownership of land. What's the word "regained?" You know the answer, so I don't understand what you're trying to achieve by twisting the fact to suit your myopic narrative.

Israel today is occupying the Golan Heights and West Bank against the interest of the Syrians and Palestinians and nobody in the west has called them out for it, even when they keep extending the occupation territory in the West Bank. Call it double standards.

While international law on paper no longer recognizes ownership of land by conquest, the reality suggest that where a major powers are involved, the law takes the back stage and traditional norm applies unfortunately. Hence, we see what's happening in Palestine. As for the status of Crimea and the Donbass region, these are predominantly Russian people dominated areas, and have always be Russian in blood and ancestry, no matter how you may want to twixt it. And Russian has never made secret her plan to defend and liberate them wherever and whenever their core existence is threatened. These guys have been living in peace in Ukraine until the United Snakes of Abomination decide to play his geopolitical games against Russia in 2014 which lead to the current brouhaha. It's only a myopic person that calls this war a land grab, the typical western narrative that only scratch the surface and not drawing in the bigger picture. Like Putin puts it, "It would be criminally negligence if they sit back and allow the mistake of USSR with Germany to repeat itself". Hence Russia will liberate it's people and their land from any form of existential threat and oppression no matter whose horse is gored. And if anyone in the collective US-led west don't like it, well, they can send their troops into Moscow. No one gives a dime anymore.

Before I prove this assertion wrong, can u prove to me "how Russia wasn't paying attention" when Ukraine occupied donbas??

Go and read history and you'll see that those lands u are referring too was never Russian in the beginning

Those lands were originally Russian at some points by conquest and so on. Conquest was a legal way of owning lands in the medieval and pre-World War timelines.

Also, for Crimea, it shows that u haven't read far and wide to know that Russia is basically reclaiming land that was part of the old Russian empire

Firstly, Crimea was never originally Russian land... It was inhabited earlier by the Greeks, then the Ottomans conquered it before the Russian captured it from the Ottomans in the 1700s by -guess who cheesy - Peter the Great's daughter grin.. So u can see that both Catherine and Putin sought to continue Peter the Great legacy by continuously grabbing lands

In the old Russian empire, Finland was part of it until 1917

Given that Putin has compared himself to Peter the great, there's every possibility he'll set his sight on it too...

Lmao. grin Crimean was Russian by right of conquest and possession from the Greeks and Ottomans in those days, and has remained Russian ever since all through the life of the Soviet empire when Khrushchev the then Russian premier gave it to Ukraine (where he came from) as a gift. More than 75% of the people living there are Russians with the other percentage made up of Ukrainians and Turks. As much as you hate to admit it, Russia have the right to defend it's people anywhere at anytime if threatened.

So yes there's everything wrong with Putin trying to reclaim land that was not originally his grin grin

It was nice educating u grin cheesy
No, there is nothing wrong in defending your people at all. cool

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Emmyxclusive: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
Appleyard:

Typical western bot narrative.
it's putin zombies like you that havd refused to reason beyond the propaganda being fed by Russia.

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Etinosa1234: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
Appleyard:

At the bolded, Peter The Great "regained" lands taken by Sweden from Russia in times when war of conquest defines ownership of land. What's the word "regained?" You know the answer, so I don't understand what you're trying to achieve by twisting the fact to suit your myopic narrative.

First tell me go how u can regain land that u never owned before.. cheesy cheesy

It was Peter who started the expansion of the country to what it is now.. So that ur claim of "regaining" is very erroneous.. Prior to Peter, the country was just another nation like the Balkans grin

Israel today is occupying the Golan Heights and West Bank against the interest of the Syrians and Palestinians and nobody in the west has called them out for it, even when they keep extending the occupation territory in the West Bank. Call it double standards.

U want to know the difference.. Israel has reliable historical claim to the land around it since the time of the BC till when they were sacked and sold off by numerous world powers... Whereas the places where Russia are focusing their sights on are not even Slavic places... Bar the Ukrainians who have been oppressed by Russians since time immemorial, Finland ,Sweden, was never Russian owned....

U know one thing abt occupation by conquest, its that the defeated will one day rise up and drive u out of their ancestral land .. This is why after the fall of the Old Russian empire, most of the various tribes that were conquered and still managed to keep their distinct identity came up to form their own nations such as Finland, the Baltic states, Ukraine , Poland... This is to prove to u that those places were just conquered lands not Russian owned lands

While international law on paper no longer recognizes ownership of land by conquest, the reality suggest that where a major powers are involved, the law takes the back stage and traditional norm applies unfortunately. Hence, we see what's happening in Palestine.
During the 7 days war in 1967, the Israeli expanded their territory released the ones that were originally Egyptian or Jordanian... Sometimes the west will not intervene militarily if they deem the matter an internal one

As for the status of Crimea and the Donbass region, these are predominantly Russian people dominated areas, and have always be Russian in blood and ancestry, no matter how you may want to twixt it. And Russian has never made secret her plan to defend and liberate them wherever and whenever their core existence is threatened. These guys have been living in peace in Ukraine until the United Snakes of Abomination decide to play his geopolitical games against Russia in 2014 which lead to the current brouhaha. It's only a myopic person that calls this war a land grab, the typical western narrative that only scratch the surface and not drawing in the bigger picture. Like Putin puts it, "It would be criminally negligence if they sit back and allow the mistake of USSR with Germany to repeat itself". Hence Russia will liberate it's people and their land from any form of existential threat and oppression no matter whose horse is gored. And if anyone in the collective US-led west don't like it, well, they can send their troops into Moscow. No one gives a dime anymore.

Lmaooo.. The person who compared Hitler to Putin didn't lie afterall... Hitler used the pretext of the presence of German population to annex neighbouring countries.. First, Austria, then Hungary, later Czechoslovakia. .. All because there are ethnic Germans thus violating the right of other sovereign nations..

U know the interesting thing... The Finns and Swedish have been wise to see this same script playing out hence since the invasion of Ukraine, the support for joining NATO increase by 40%....

If not that Russia was such a big bully, most of the eastern European countries would have preferred to form an alliance with them rather than faraway united states

Those lands were originally Russian at some points by conquest and so on. Conquest was a legal way of owning lands in the medieval and pre-World War timelines.

Well... We are no longer in the pre World war time... Sovereign countries should have a right to determine their countries future

Lmao. grin Crimean was Russian by right of conquest and possession from the Greeks and Ottomans in those days, and has remained Russian ever since all through the life of the Soviet empire when Khrushchev the then Russian premier gave it to Ukraine (where he came from) as a gift. More than 75% of the people living there are Russians with the other percentage made up of Ukrainians and Turks. As much as you hate to admit it, Russia have the right to defend it's people anywhere at anytime if threatened.

So under this pretext, the Niger republic has the right to infiltrate our country in the name of protecting their fellow Hausa people right??..

Ohh.. And Russia should refund America its money so that it can collect back Alaska from it..

After all, since u can collect what u dashed to another person, u can also collect back what u sold... Under Russian law grin

No, there is nothing wrong in defending your people at all.

There's everything wrong in defending ur people when u are doing the wrong way..

Understand cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Elsueno: 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kelvin3476:
I have never heard of RUSSIA INVADING OR LAND GRABBING FROM A NATO NATION. FINLAND MIGHT BE ACCEPTD INTO NATO ANYTIME SOON

exactly, so there is no need for them to pretend like Russia is d reason for dat wall, they just don't like refugees grin
Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Appleyard(m): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2022
Etinosa1234:

First tell me go how u can regain land that u never owned before.. cheesy cheesy

It was Peter who started the expansion of the country to what it is now.. So that ur claim of "regaining" is very erroneous.. Prior to Peter, the country was just another nation like the Balkans grin

Tell me you're not being intelligently stupid. grin Just kidding my homie. cool If you don't own something, no one can say you "regained" it after you take control of it again. Why would I say Etinosa1234 regained Akpakpava Market from thugs if you weren't in control of it initially? cool That was exactly what Britannica said... cool or you didn't see the picture I attached to the previous post? I will attach it again. See below and check the word regain and stop dancing on an avalanche of deniability. cool

And for crying out loud, conquest is dejure way of owning land prior to 1945. So, any land own by any country, whether Russia, Britain, India, Turkey, Israel, etc., through war and conquest belong to that country.

U want to know the difference.. Israel has reliable historical claim to the land around it since the time of the BC till when they were sacked and sold off by numerous world powers... Whereas the places where Russia are focusing their sights on are not even Slavic places... Bar the Ukrainians who have been oppressed by Russians since time immemorial, Finland ,Sweden, was never Russian owned....

Lmao. grin Every country has its historical account of events, claims and counter claims. Even the lands you said Israel has a claim to were historically not theirs, but belong to the Perrizites, the Hittites, the Jebusites, the Amalekites, the Canaanites, and so on and so forth. These nations were sacked and replaced by the Jews in biblical times as God foretold and ordained. Otherwise, they were never the original owner. They only became the dejure owner by conquest after they sacked those nations through war . You can read that up on the Bible. cool

U know one thing abt occupation by conquest, its that the defeated will one day rise up and drive u out of their ancestral land .. This is why after the fall of the Old Russian empire, most of the various tribes that were conquered and still managed to keep their distinct identity came up to form their own nations such as Finland, the Baltic states, Ukraine , Poland... This is to prove to u that those places were just conquered lands not Russian owned lands

No one is denying the fact that land own by occupation may often generate strife on the long run. The fact you are refusing to grasp is that land have been, can be and is evidently being own by conquest, occupation and possession. The history of most countries of the world runs on this parallel land ownership truth. Some or most of the land many countries of the world occupies today originated from conquest, possession or lease. Hence, no big deal about the exploits of Peter The Great.

During the 7 days war in 1967, the Israeli expanded their territory released the ones that were originally Egyptian or Jordanian... Sometimes the west will not intervene militarily if they deem the matter an internal one
This is laughable. Israel is currently expanding the territory in the occupied West Bank, forcing hundreds of Palestinians from their homes and bulldozing their houses to make way for new ones for Israeli settlements. And you call that an internal affairs matter that is not worth condemnation from the West? Western double standards have never been in cloak or doubt. The west have always turned a blind eye when such core matters involved so-called third-world nations or Muslims dominated countries.

Lmaooo.. The person who compared Hitler to Putin didn't lie afterall... Hitler used the pretext of the presence of German population to annex neighbouring countries.. First, Austria, then Hungary, later Czechoslovakia. .. All because there are ethnic Germans thus violating the right of other sovereign nations..

U know the interesting thing... The Finns and Swedish have been wise to see this same script playing out hence since the invasion of Ukraine, the support for joining NATO increase by 40%....

If not that Russia was such a big bully, most of the eastern European countries would have preferred to form an alliance with them rather than faraway united states

Well... We are no longer in the pre World war time... Sovereign countries should have a right to determine their countries future

So under this pretext, the Niger republic has the right to infiltrate our country in the name of protecting their fellow Hausa people right??..

Ohh.. And Russia should refund America its money so that it can collect back Alaska from it..

After all, since u can collect what u dashed to another person, u can also collect back what u sold... Under Russian law grin

There's everything wrong in defending ur people when u are doing the wrong way..

Understand cheesy wink

Putin is Hitler comparison...this just shows you don't understand the geopolitical play that entwines these whole conflict.

Every sane thinking and unpropagandized person knows that the Russian annexation of Crimea was purely strategic and result as a matter of core security interest. Crimea is home to Russian black Sea fleet and is only a foolish government that would have watched on the event unfolding in Ukraine without doing anything about it. Most of you guys just yarn out of emotions instead of being realistically and logically reasonable. Do you think the US would have done less if it were in Russia's shoes? I guess Cuba and the nuclear missile comes to mind. cool My friend, this is geopolitics, played by the big boys, for the big boys, and of the big boys (Russia vs US-led NATO). Ukraine is just a pawn in the scheme of things, and many thanks to it's comedian president; he is doing such a nice job of destroying the country. cool

Right now as we type, the US is threatening fire and brimstone if the government of the Solomon Island allows China to setup a military base on its soil. I guess that's not bullying but a geopolitical strategic stance, since it's the US involved, eh?. But if it's Russia, folks like you and the lying Lamestream media will call it bullying and blatant opposition of democratic and sovereign right of the Solomon Island to chose his friends and partners. cool I just they laugh. cool But that is realpolitiks for you. cool

Sweden and Finland has for years been defacto NATO members. The crisis in Ukraine just gives them the pretext to make their membership dejure. So it changes nothing for Russia. cool

As much as NATO continue to creep closer to Russia's doorsteps, Russia will continue to move the border far away from it's basic line of engagement. And it's obvious, some people will be the ones to suffer the consequences. This is the sad geopolitical reality.

Yes, Russia is a bully because she is the only bully that is able to bully the chief bully, thwarting all it's warmongering and diabolic schemes from Georgia to Syria, to Ukraine. How the west must have hated this bully. cool
Yeah, the US isn't a bully...how alluring. cool

Russia has its own military and economic alliances, CSTO, BRICS, SCO, etc,. But they are not 'popular' in the eyes of the West because they don't go about bombing nations and assassinating leaders of nations, sanctioning the ones that refused to follow their diktats and destroying governments from Panama, to Nicaragua to Vietnam, to Laos, to Sudan, to Iraq, to Libya, to Syria, and so long a hit list that even Satan is left wondering whether he is actually the greatest troublemaker I'm human history.

Tell Uncle Sam to return Guatanamo Bay to Cuba, and the formal Mexican territories. Better still, beg the US to humbly walk away from Iraq where they have refused to leave, and Syria.

This is the reality of the world we live in. Where big powers play ball, small nations should not up themselves as the goalpost. Unfortunately, Ukraine under Zelensky wanted to roll with the big boys, and he is paying for it dearly.

2 Likes

Re: Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia by Appleyard(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
Hi
Emmyxclusive:
it's putin zombies like you that havd refused to reason beyond the propaganda being fed by Russia.

Get facts from independent and unbias news.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joe Biden Reunites With Barack Obama At The White House (Pictures) / President Al Bashir “escapes” From South Africa / Turkish Policeman Kills Russian Ambassador To Turkey Over Aleppo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.