Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North (33270 Views)

2023: PDP Will Chase APC Out Of Presidency – Okowa / DSS Speaks On Plot By Presidency To Sack DSS DG, Yusuf Bichi / 2019: South-east PDP Leaders Endorse Zoning Of Presidency To North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by integrity16(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tellwhat:

Go and ask your grandfather

You have shown that you have no iota of respect for your so called "intelligent" self. I am not surprised, I mean how can a goat like you who called himself one of the intelligentia would leave his country just because things are not the way they should be, instead of proffering solution, he goes to another man's country to become slaves and later start shouting racism.

I understand you have no respectable elders in your family. It's fine.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by nkem1992: 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
integrity16:

I am not a tribal bigot like you lots, just to tell you that I know where you are coming from.

So whether osibanjo or obi, or any other so called christian, if they are not true christians they would be worse than buhari, and I say this unapologetically.

Many of the problems bedeviling this country, some of them are caused by so called "christians" and "Muslims" alike.

Those who are causing havoc, killing people in the name of Islam, when you ask your muslim friends, they will tell you they are not real muslims. Many of the corruption cases are caused mainly by your so called Muslims and christians so if you don't have anything sensible to say, stay off my mention. Chief hypocrite!
Chief of sense sir, I lately don't subscribe to religion whenever I want to discuss integrity because all our past and present leaders have always used religion as tool for selfish pursuit. I'll opt for Osinbajo ahead of Atiku and Tinubu, maybe I'll be promoted to think twice if Obi is brought to the picture....I still want to know what you ilk think about Osinbajo as a Christian....I don't do party because PDP and APC are synonymous as far as I am concern. To me the determining factor is integrity not religion....
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Owologbo(m): 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:
I have read a lot of people saying "no to Muslim-Muslim ticket" even before Asiwaju emerged. Now that he has emerged as the standard bearer of APC with Atiku as the major challenge to him, I wonder why a Muslim-Muslim ticket of Tinubu presidency is not better than a return of the presidency to north possibly for another eight years after 8 years of PMB.

Like or loathe APC, it has demonstrated being a truly progressive party by standing with a return of the presidency to the South even after Atiku had emerged as PDP's candidate. PDP damned everything common sense by making Atiku emerge with possibility of keeping the presidency in the north and a lot of people seem not to care because PDP is doing what they need to do to win the election without considering fairness and equity.

I am strongly convinced that when the time comes, majority of voters will side with an APC' Muslim-Muslim ticket which returns presidency to the south and reject a Muslim-Christian ticket which keeps the presidency to the north for another eight years to make it 16 straight years of Northern dominance.
Crap. who helped the north in taking power from the south in 2015?
What's so special about southern presidency that we didn't see/know pre 2015?
APC have their ticket to a southerner to contest a southerner with PDP ticket; there's nothing PDP is doing now that APC didn't do in 2015.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Owologbo(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:
I agree completely with the OP. This choice is now before us especially southerners. We either ensure power returns to the south through Tinubu or it remains in the north with Atiku.
Remaining in the north is the option left aside labour party.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Owologbo(m): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
fiizznation:
Tinubu might be popular in the South, but down here, the man is seen with the same lens atiku is seen with; corrupt,desperate and old. The northerners have two bad eggs to choose from and I can tell you, most will choose atiku because of some factors which your tinubu doesn't possess. Besides tinubu is sick!

Well I know some northern politicians will want to sell tinubu to the northerners but I don't see average northerners buying it. I doubt a tinubu can defeat atiku in a free and fair election.
Tinubu is not popular in the entire south; you can microscope it to the SW.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Owologbo(m): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
ekineme:
They will actually be a balance between the executive, legislature and Judiciary if Peter OBi of labour party wins the presidency because for me, we can't force ourselves to choose between two Evils when we still have options.
1. Muslim-muslim Ticket is a no-no in a religiously divided country like Nigeria, and the rumors of islamization agenda, it's a big risk to try.
2. PDP has shown that they can't be trusted, after all the years of mis-rule, they want to come back without fairness and Equity to their own internal arrangements, if they can't honor their own terms then what's the hope that they care about the opinion of the Masses, Hence voting PDP is another Bigger risk
3. Considering the history and age of the three contestants from LP,PDP and APC it's good we the Nigeria youth make a loud statement to this our politicians that they can't serve us stone and expect us to eat it with Joy when we can get rice elsewhere.i will vote for Peter Obi.
My personal humble opinion though.
What is this their own terms and arrangement?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Amumaigwe: 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:

You are unnecessarily emotional and agitated. Politics doesn't work that way.

I just pointed out that PDP didn't do justice or fairness but they did what they thought would return them back to power.
Similarly, APC can pick a Muslim running mate in doing the needful to curtaile Atiku/PDP having given their ticket to the South.

Neither did APC. So to your tents, oh Israel!!
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Owologbo(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
mach7:
While I agree with the first poser, concerning a Muslim -Muslim ticket, it will be a big blow to Northern Christians in APC who have largely felt marginalized in Northern politics.

Honestly, I don't envy Tinubu and APC leaders at the moment, as this is a big decision to make and it will certainly influence voting patterns in the elections.

My personal take though is that APC should go with a Northern Christian. Although the race will be tight, it will be clear to all that a balance os being sought-after. I also think that if the APC Governors sincerely and diligently work for Tinubu and combine Buhari's influence (although it has waned a bit), they should be able to take at least 45% of Northern Votes.

That 45% plus absolute majority in SW, and perhaps 40% of SS votes should be enough to coast home.
How did you arrive at 40% of SS?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Amumaigwe: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
alaira:
I think religion should not be considered above competence and responsibility.

Who is competent amongst them?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Timmzycul11: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
SE or NORTH
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by robinso01(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
ceejay80s:

why must it be a Northerner?
why not Christian Anambra
or Christian Edo or Christian akwa ibom etc
why must it be Northerner?
if yoruba's can come together with ibis, I bet u, aboki will never smell that sit again

It can only be southern/Northern or northern/southern. How would you feel if northerners are agitating for northerners/northerners?
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by integrity16(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
nkem1992:

Chief of sense sir, I lately don't subscribe to religion whenever I want to discuss integrity because all our past and present leaders have always used religion as tool for selfish pursuit. I'll opt for Osinbajo ahead of Atiku and Tinubu, maybe I'll be promoted to think twice if Obi is brought to the picture....I still want to know what you ilk think about Osinbajo as a Christian....I don't do party because PDP and APC are synonymous as far as I am concern. To me the determining factor is integrity not religion....

Apart from the fact that Osibanjo is a pastor, I cannot vouch for his Christianity but then he seems to have this aura of excellence around him. One of the few persons I have seen who delivers speeches without looking at a script.

But sadly Nigeria does not reward excellence, what usually count in Nigeria's political space is their so called structure, money, influence, loyalty, turn by turn, divisive politics, nepotism etc.

Nigeria have been so divided along religious lines and so you cannot blame those clamouring for a Christian Muslim ticket, now that they have given the ticket to a Muslim, the importance of choosing a Christian running mate cannot be undermined.

I would have voted for Osibanjo should the ticket be given to him but then he lost and so PDP and APC have lost my vote.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by robinso01(m): 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Originality007:

the question I keep asking.

is Dogara not a Christian?

Don't just mind some people. Some people think all northerners are Muslim, whereas their thought is wrong. There are lot of Christians in northern Nigeria.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Charly68: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
It is the way Buhari Governed the nation that cause this agitation to resurrect again.. As far as the south is concerned we are not religious bigot or fanatics but the way the present Govt ran the nation is terrible and only fools will vote a Muslim Muslim ticket in the south
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hypocrites will tell you that religion doesn’t matter yet they are tinkering with the idea of Muslim-Muslim ticket because northern Muslims won’t vote for a northern Christian. What a brood of vipers!
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Metrofox(m): 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
PassingShot:

Yes, you can vote LP or any other party. However, APC and PDP remain the two front runners and they naturally enjoy more focus and attention now.

Try answer the poser I put up.

Trying to be clever by half, this permutation by Tinubu dingBATs will not work because by your theory. A Muslim has held power for 8yrs and it's time for Christians..

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Metrofox(m): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
mach7:
While I agree with the first poser, concerning a Muslim -Muslim ticket, it will be a big blow to Northern Christians in APC who have largely felt marginalized in Northern politics.

Honestly, I don't envy Tinubu and APC leaders at the moment, as this is a big decision to make and it will certainly influence voting patterns in the elections.

My personal take though is that APC should go with a Northern Christian. Although the race will be tight, it will be clear to all that a balance os being sought-after. I also think that if the APC Governors sincerely and diligently work for Tinubu and combine Buhari's influence (although it has waned a bit), they should be able to take at least 45% of Northern Votes.

That 45% plus absolute majority in SW, and perhaps 40% of SS votes should be enough to coast home.

Lol..joker ,which SS ? Your silly Tinubu kicked out a SS president to install a failure as a shortcut to presidency and now you want us to come and support you? Jokers..

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Greenback: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
TheFacelessMan:

Sorry to be so blunt.

1. Northern Christians are despised in their region and have very little influence. In fact, Dogara has control of just 3 LGAs in Bauchi State - as strong as he's touted. Tinubu will definitely lose if he tries it. If you notice, El Rufai said he would do Muslim / Muslim ticket in Kaduna, and he won. Didnt you also notice that Tinubu didn't waste time during campaign with delegates in certain regions?

2. Now, one secret that Southern people don't know, Atiku is really hated in the North. He has a reputation of a snake. He's widely abused as a homo and not a true Muslim. He's said to have been cursed to never be President by a popular Islamic Cleric. To be honest, I still don't understand the hate.

3. Tinubu will pick someone very strong from the North and he will be a Muslim. Northerners even see it as a revenge because OBJ foisted an unhealthy Yaradua that didn't really rule actively. They feel BAT might die in power or the VP does most of the heavy lifting.

By the time Tinubu calls meetings of traditional religious leaders and the big Pastors of Yorubaland e.g. Adeboye, Kumuyi and Oyedepo.... you will be shocked how the potential 60% SW votes turns to 80 or even 90! Oh I even forgot his wife is a Pastor in RCCG and not in the Senate (free to campaign). Remi will go to mega churches - Yorubas undisputably have the biggest.... and preach every Sunday.

Bloc votes from SW and a North 50/50 or even 40% from North will win it for BAT.

Politicians do their calculations well... no matter Atiku's vice, he's very unlikely to win. That's just the reality.

Tinubu is a strong politician but I doubt anyone was sure he would soundly thrash President + Vice President + Senate President + Party Chairman. Did we really expect such a wide margin?

Politicians are like sharks, they easily smell blood in the water I.e. they quickly jump to the side of a potential winner. The APC primaries was an eye-opener for many. SS will smartly fall in line, BAT might not win there but he will do better than projected. SE will be stubborn as usual and unfortunately shout marginalization later. Unfair it might seem but true.

The main election campaigns might be physically tasking for him, but he will very likely trounce Atiku. The other candidates don't matter at all; not worth mentioning.

Tinubu can only lose if he chooses Ganduje (bad reputation) or a Northern Christian. Or Yoruba/Yoruba ticket .... grin grin
garri brain analysis grin

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Tellwhat: 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
integrity16:

You have shown that you have no iota of respect for your so called "intelligent" self. I am not surprised, I mean how can a goat like you who called himself one of the intelligentia would leave his country just because things are not the way they should be, instead of proffering solution, he goes to another man's country to become slaves and later start shouting racism.

I understand you have no respectable elders in your family. It's fine.

You've proven that it's U, that's the goat here

Disrespect begets disrespect

So you know how to run your mouth like tap but when they dish you same meal you served you complain. U insulted first now dey complete. Mumu boy from a mumu family
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Invitationn: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Zonefree:

It's more noble for power to remains in North than to go to SW again.
This is you cutting off your nose to spite your face grin
This is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2022
No, I'm a youth and I don't want him.

I want 70 years old man as President
Mjshexy:
Majority of youths want Peter Obi, please let's rescue Nigeria. The office of the citizen should wake up to this call

1 Like

Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Invitationn: 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
fiizznation:
Tinubu might be popularized in the South, but down here, the man is seen with the same lens atiku is seen with; corrupt,desperate and old. The northerners have two bad eggs to choose from and I can tell you, most will choose atiku because of some factors which your tinubu doesn't possess. Besides tinubu is sick!

Well I know some northern politicians will want to sell tinubu to the northerners but I don't see average northerners buying it. I doubt a tinubu can defeat atiku in a free and fair election.

Ok we hear you grin
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by nkem1992: 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
integrity16:

Apart from the fact that Osibanjo is a pastor, I cannot vouch for his Christianity but then he seems to have this aura of excellence around him. One of the few persons I have seen who delivers speeches without looking at a script.

But sadly Nigeria does not reward excellence, what usually count in Nigeria's political space is their so called structure, money, influence, loyalty, turn by turn, divisive politics, nepotism etc.

Nigeria have been so divided along religious lines and so you cannot blame those clamouring for a Christian Muslim ticket, now that they have given the ticket to a Muslim, the importance of choosing a Christian running mate cannot be undermined.

I would have voted for Osibanjo should the ticket be given to him but then he lost and so PDP and APC have lost my vote.
I quote from your post;
structure, money, influence, loyalty, turn by turn, divisive politics, nepotism etc. We need to break it.....let Integrity and track record precede over the aforementioned....how can a professor deputize an illiterate, how can delegates chose Tinubu over Osinbajo, how can the cost of leadership which is suppose to be selflessness cost billions of naira, Ill rather waste my vote on peter obi who has the least chance than subscribe to the two party horse race that has perpetually coerced is into voting for a lesser devil.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by luluman: 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
seunmsg:

To win a presidential election, the candidate must have a broad based national platform. As at today, only APC and PDP has such a platform. Obi on the platform of LP will struggle to win Anambra state not to talk of the entire south east. He has absolutely no chance of becoming president in 2023 on the platform of LP.

The only southerner with a realistic chance is Tinubu. We must all join hands together to support him. In fact, Peter Obi should collapse his campaign into Tinubu’s campaign. He will be appointed as minister of Trade and investment under president Bola Tinubu.
Well, we will rather give our votes to PDP then.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by mach7(m): 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
Owologbo:

How did you arrive at 40% of SS?
Good question, which I will answer with statistics.

1. APC already has good structures in Bayelsa state. They might not win majority of votes in a presidential elections, but there will be a very strong showing which will be championed by David Lyon, Timipre Silva and other leaders in Bayelsa. In 2019 Presidential elections, APC had 37% of the vote
2. APC also has good structures in Rivers State. if Amaechi's structure as promised works for Tinubu combined with the efforts of Magnus Abe, then APC will have a good showing in the State. Remember in 2019 Presidential elections, APC garnered about 24% of Rivers votes.
3. APC also has good structures in Delta State. You cannot underestimated the influence of the DSP Omo-Agege in rallying votes for Tinubu. Also, Tinubu's wife is from Delta State. That will also attract some sympathy votes. Remember in 2019 Presidential elections, APC had 27% of the votes.
4. APC also has good structures in Cross River State. The expected support from Prof. Ben Ayade, Tinubu's close friendship with the Obong and the promise to dredge Calabar Port will swing a good chunk of votes towards APC in the elections. Remember in 2019 Presidential elections, APC had 28% of the votes.
5. APC's structures in Akwa Ibom are a bit shaky considering the Court Judgement, but looking at the performance in 2019 Presidential elections where they garnered 30% of the votes, then you can assume same as a worst case scenario.
6. APC structures in Edo State is a no-brainer. In short, I expect APC to get more than 50% of the votes as even Obaseki who Tinubu introduced into politics will work low-key for APC. Remember in 2019 Presidential elections, APC had 48% of the votes.

If you take an average of the votes APC had in 2019, it was already over 35%. So going above 40% in 2023 is not difficult.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by goshen26: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2022
garfield1:

He can't win Adamawa nor attract votes from core north

You're right
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by haabidah666: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
Muslim -Muslim ticket can't work....

Tinubu is a Muslim.. so, northerners wouldn't have a problem in voting for him...even, if he picks a northern Christian as his running mate...

Muslim -Muslim ticket is a joke aswear.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Shedrack777: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Lanre1st:

You're the most senseless evil in human skin
seems like you're one of the useless muslim i mentioned. no sane and true muslim will be angry at my comment. in fact, a true muslim won't support a muslim-muslim ticket
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Segzy19: 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
Bro, you are a realist.... Obi won't even win Al the Southeast because some of his brothers will sell him out for Tinubu's money. Some of them in APC and PDP will also want to win their own elections and constituencies e.g.Imo, Uzor Kalu in Abia... In the South South too, Obi can't deliver those states because of the influence of PDP and see APC in that region...Hausa won't ever vote for Obi, Southwest will go for Asiwaju... So where are the votes that will make Obi win? Is it these social media voters or elites and youths that are too big to queue under the sun to vote but will rather watch Netflix at home when voting is going on?
PassingShot:

Yes, you can vote LP or any other party. However, APC and PDP remain the two front runners and they naturally enjoy more focus and attention now.

Try answer the poser I put up.
Re: Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North by Hussein035: 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2022
NigerianAngelo:
That's a lie as those are not the only options we have. You can vote Labour Party and save yourself both evils.

Stop over hyping Mr Obi he cannot get up to 10% vote in Nigeria, forget this NAIRALAND and twitter noise, I don't just want those terrorist (north) to rule us for the next 8 years

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

President Buhari Leaves For US Tomorrow March 30th. / Tribunal Orders Service Of Atiku’s Petition On Buhari / 3,000 APC Members Decamp To PDP In Edo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.