Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu (42987 Views)

How Northern APC Governors Preserved Nigeria’s Unity ~ Chief Lawani / Reno Omokri: How Northern Solidarity Gave Atiku Victory / How Northern Big Boys Lavish Money (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Spherical17: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
tesppidd:
Spot on.

My gut tells me that; of the 3 top contenders Tunubu, Amaechi and Osinbajo,
they went with Tinubu because he is a Muslim.

They saw Tinubu as a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to have their cake and eat it; cede power to the South and still have a Muslim as President.

The best option was still Osinbajo; with the support of Buhari, the South West and them Northern governors, PYO would defeat Atiku all day everyday.
even if APC bring Uzordinna they will still defeat Atiku. APC will definitely win the general election with any candidate

2 Likes

Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Dem wahala.
2nd base please.

Amaechi no fit win na, him just dey catch cruise!
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Cajal(m): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
alsudan:
They dumped him because he’s a Christian nothing more.

Same thing they did to Osinbajo, even as a serving VP. He been a Christian and a RCCG pastor meant he had Zero Chance in APC.

That's not true
How many governors were with either of judasi and Amechi in the first place?
Bigotry will not kill you
What about southern governors .. predominantly christians...why did they dump him?...
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Cajal(m): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
tesppidd:
Spot on.

They saw Tinubu as a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to have their cake and eat it; cede power to the South and still have a Muslim as President.

The best option was still Osinbajo; with the support of Buhari, the South West and them Northern governors, PYO would defeat Atiku all day everyday.
Judasi...dumped TINUBU because he is Muslim
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by coputa(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
alsudan:

Same thing they did to Osinbajo, even as a serving VP. He been a Christian and a RCCG pastor meant he had Zero Chance in APC.

And they want christians to vote for APC.
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Emmyjah50: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
The religion factor played cut for Asiwaju Tinubu. I pray for a new Nigeria and he is not part of it even Atiku in PDP.
Imagine PDP and APC recycling the old politicians that kept Nigeria in darkness as ministers and special advisers come 2023?
Do the proper thing, vote wisely.
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Emmyjah50: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
Emmyjah50:
The religion factor played cut for Asiwaju Tinubu. I pray for a new Nigeria and he is not part of it even Atiku in PDP.
Imagine PDP and APC recycling the old politicians that kept Nigeria in darkness as ministers and special advisers come 2023?
Do the proper thing, vote wisely.
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by zigzagluv: 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
thats not true, The know Tinubu is sick and cant do 4 years , They will if he dies there another person will take over from him , The know Tinubu stands by his words ,
tesppidd:
Spot on.

Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by RichAbujaGuy: 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Okunga:

Can you myopic urchins take a break from these your assumption politics. Abeg it’s irks to read these craps over and over

There's just too many illiterate tribal bigots on this forum to handle.
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by nedekid: 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
Dannyset:
grin

A political party is concerned first with how to win an election, so they endorse the best and strongest amongst the aspirants.

This makes Tinubu ranked first among every single one of the contestants.

He was the best Negotiator

The best Strategist and

The very best resourceful among others.

That was why I laughed when some urchins and zombies here where saying he will be served breakfast.

Who is eating it got now?

Na juju dey worry dem now!
Any realist would have seen Tinubu would win. I said it here severally.
They tried to play a rough one one him and he went "street" for them with that his bold speech at Abeokuta. That speech was the game changer that set everyone streight!
Hate him, disagree with him, but you must give the man his dues as a strategist, a mafia!
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by DOD88: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
nedekid:

They tried to play a rough one one him and he went "street" for them with that his bold speech at Abeokuta. That speech was the game changer that set everyone streight!
Hate him, disagree with him, but you must give the man his dues as a strategist, a mafia!
[quote author=tesppidd post=113676794]At the end of the day i still blame that docile President resident at Aso Rock.

You sit down there and allow people who call themselves governors dictate for the "president" on whom your successor should be, who should continue with your 'policies'

Same way he sat down there while many of his kinsmen lost primary elections in Katsina, his own home state.

Oh boy stop your lamentation and reason as a man. Buhari acted and endorsed Lawan Ahmed, not Osinbajo or Amaechi. Lawan's burnt his hand by the resistance of majority of Northern Governors. By that he could not do anything again but to allow election. You should be surprised that the president endorsed northerner, leaving your and candidate alone. Oh sorry, I don't even know your candidate, may the Lawan self. Lawan nomination! That's wickedness!
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Metrofox(m): 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
Dannyset:

You wish people dead forgetting you also have parents somewhere.

The same thing you did to Buhari and yet he outlived some people in your family. If you continue like, Tinubu will outlive you in particular because you will reap whatever you sow bountifully.

Yea the game is being played on him. Leave him let them play him. Shebi the cry of your irredeemable lots was that he won't get the ticket? Now you have changed your mode of wailing. You will wail beyond February 2023.

Shut up and stop making silly deductions , I'm only telling you about the way politicians are thinking and you're being overly emotional..if you can't bear the heat in the kitchen of politics then get out . The same politicians that play with the lives of common masses everyday is who you're willing to lay your life for ..Ode

Again who are you referring to as 'your lots'? I'm from the SS and we're waiting for what you guys who chased GEJ for shortcut to presidency to see what you will campaign with over here,maybe una go import 20 trucks of agbero ..oloshi..dingBAT
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by mrvictornews: 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2022
MASSOB will likely not like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iB_7RHaDhM
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by IPIGMODS: 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
BabydiHot:

Rule 2
Babyidiot grin
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by RapLawd(m): 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
What happened to him is the same as what happened to wike—The North considered them both as pure blooded Igbos, they can deny it for the rest of their lives but not to the north!!!
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by DOD88: 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2022
tesppidd:
At the end of the day i still blame that docile President resident at Aso Rock.

You sit down there and allow people who call themselves governors dictate for the "president" on whom your successor should be, who should continue with your 'policies'

Same way he sat down there while many of his kinsmen lost primary elections in Katsina, his own home state.

Tufiakwa!

Oh boy stop your lamentation and reason as a man. Buhari acted and endorsed Lawan Ahmed, not Osinbajo or Amaechi. Lawan's burnt his hand by the resistance of majority of Northern Governors. By that he could not do anything again but to allow election. You should be surprised that the president endorsed northerner, leaving your and candidate alone. Oh sorry, I don't even know your candidate, may the Lawan self. Lawan nomination! That's wickedness!
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by adekolaelect(m): 9:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
tesppidd:

Tufiakwa!
Lamentations in wailing styles but you forgot that the governor's are the major stake holders in any political party If Buhari failed to recognise them it will be the begining of their party failures. Presidency can not win any election without support of state Governors. Emotional and Wishes you sound can not win any election. It is better to allow major stake holder to deside which will success and stress less electionneering process in their party before and during election.

Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Aboki99(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
alsudan:

Why would they trust a man with ambition to Christianize (RCCGify) Nigeria.

You are pained that the fake prediction of Daddy GO has failed.

Nigerian will never be ruled by zealots.
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by UNDFTD: 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
Simon Lalong, the governor of Plateau State, Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna and Abubakar Badaru of Jigawa State were some of the governors that backed Amaechi publicly.

However, three days before the election, the governors had closed ranks and aligned with the former Lagos State governor.

DAILY POST findings revealed that the governors considered the emergence of Amaechi against the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, with the conclusion that it was slim.

I find the statement by the governors that the emergence of Amaechi against Atiku in a general election is very slim, very disingenuous. This is because, they, the Fulani northern governors already know that they would NOT support a candidate that's NOT of Fulani extraction in a general election regardless of if the person belongs in the same party with them. Their current support for Tinubu is simply to humiliate him and let him understand that they are the real power brokers in the ZOO.
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Dannyset(m): 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
Metrofox:

Shut up and stop making silly deductions , I'm only telling you about the way politicians are thinking and you're being overly emotional..if you can't bear the heat in the kitchen of politics then get out . The same politicians that play with the lives of common masses everyday is who you're willing to lay your life for ..Ode

Again who are you referring to as 'your lots'? I'm from the SS and we're waiting for what you guys who chased GEJ for shortcut to presidency to see what you will campaign with over here,maybe una go import 20 trucks of agbero ..oloshi..dingBAT

Ok..I see your pains.

You haven't healed from the bruise you suffered in 2015. No wonder the bitterness still haunt you.

Even GEJ has healed and moved on. I pity your ridiculous life.

Keep waiting for us to so that your pain can increase and continue. Ozuo? grin
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Metrofox(m): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
Dannyset:

Ok..I see your pains.

You haven't healed from the bruise you suffered in 2015. No wonder the bitterness still haunt you.

Even GEJ has healed and moved on. I pity your ridiculous life.

Keep waiting for us to so that your pain can increase and continue. Ozuo? grin

Which bruise? See mumu.. Go Tinubu house go buy fuel 20naira per liter na or make him change dollar for you @ 1# - 1$

#body go tell you.
grin grin I'm only wondering how you go enter creek come campaign with your agberos make we see..
Una dey find presidency at all cost
. dingBAT grin ..na now una eye go clear
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Dannyset(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
nedekid:

My brother, they've not seen anything. He will put a nail on their coffin when he wins the general election.

People wey no sabi politics

1 Like

Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Dannyset(m): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
Metrofox:

grin grin I'm only wondering how you go enter creeks come campaign with your agberos make we see... dingBAT grin ..na now una eye go clear

Polling unit dey creek, Uzuo?

And for creek gist, you be the least of those wey dey make things happen. You're not even close.

Those are the people politicians deal with not you errand boy that help them to buy smoke.

You small, Ozuo!
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Metrofox(m): 10:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Dannyset:

Polling unit dey creek, Uzuo?

And for creek gist, you be the least of those wey dey make things happen. You're not even close.

Those are the people politicians deal with not you errand boy that help them to buy smoke.

You small, Ozuo!

I no talk say I be creek boy mumu ..shey you be Tinubu supporter? Volunteer enter creek go campaign for am when time reach. grin grin stoopid
and try comot for Ogbomosho once in a while, dey ask whether looking unit dey creek grin

Old idiot wey join waste young boys for lekki na him be your savior..dingBAT
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by Olatrent: 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
alsudan:

This is total nonsense… religious politics have for long gone. Stop deceiving urself mr.
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by alfarouq(m): 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
pacesetting:
You are right. No matter how we want to deny it, these northern people are religious bigots. That is why they will prefer aligning with the Yorubas, who are mixed, than the Igbos who are predominantly Christians.

Continue shifting the goal post. What was the outcome of the first inter - tribal alliance between the North and SE. Sardauna and Zik?. It ended with the death of Sardauna by a person that lived in his house hold.

You guys always have a way of blaming others without looking inwards
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by possibility99: 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
tesppidd:

Tufiakwa!

You will be the first to call him a tyrant if he had done such.
Re: How Northern Governors Dumped Amaechi For Tinubu by BIGDADDY000(m): 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
[quote author=alsudan post=113661788]They dumped him because he’s a Christian nothing more.

You are a professional analyst,

I used to tell people that from the onset APC was built on ISLAM FOUNDATION, any christian doesn't have a chance there, even ROCHAS OKOROCHA that they both formed the party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court-stops-jonathan-from-relocating-500m-oil-project / Buhari, His Wife, Aisha & Daughters Watch Election Activities After Voting / Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.