Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Do Not Do These If You Are A Gamer - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do Not Do These If You Are A Gamer (379 Views)

What Game Made You A Gamer? / 11 Common Bad Gaming Habits Every Gamer Is Guilty Of / 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Do These If You Are A Gamer by Illusionale(m): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2022
This post contains my very own guide as well as worldwide accepted tips for competent gaming.
So without much ado, let’s kick it off with the very first thing on the list.
Heat: gaming under extremely hot conditions can prove to be very uncomfortable for yourself and your device. Heat can cause self under-clocking in CPUs and GPUs, this is an automatic process in which the CPU under clocks itself in order to reduce heating and consequently dropping performance which in turn can lead to lag and frequent stuttering, especially if you are using a low end device that barely crosses the minimum threshold of the game. Heat also causes extreme sweating, and if you are a mobile gamer, this can lead to your fingers getting slippery and you already can imagine what this might lead to.
Bluetooth earphones; yes they are cool and do can extend your listening distance, but they are also prone to latency problems. What this means is audio feed reaching your ears seconds after the game has already played a particular sound. Yesterday, I played call of duty mobile with Oraimo necklace 3 lite and the sound feed was very slow. I was hearing footsteps and gun shots a second later. It was not pleasant gaming. Use wired earphones; they save you additional processing power and are really good. I personally recommend Oraimo wired earphones, they are great and are great at relaying positional audio; they tell you which directions your enemies are based on footstep sounds.
Do not play with 3g networks; you may not know this, but; ping and latency are very important gaming concepts. “I shot him first” “I saw Him first” and “my game just lagged” and the famous and dreaded “guy, my character just froze and returned back to where I had passed” are effects of latency. High latency (which is bad for your gaming) is one of the many things plaguing 3g connectivity. Find 4g and have peace of mind. I recently played an Efootball PVP match on a 3g network; the lag was something else entirely, each pass or action I took had a tendency to return back to sender, literally.
Avoid noisy environments; last thing you will need as a gamer asides high ping is noise and disturbance. You need concentration and peace to do your thing.
Do not play music while playing competitive shooter games that utilise positional audio like APEX Legends mobile or CODM, unless it’s a racing game like asphalt and need for speed ( then yes, play all the music you want; I personally recommend playing thank God by Riles, you will certainly feel like the boss that you are).

That all for now
The article is open to edit, so feel free to add anything you want to the article.
Your very own sparrow
uzuegbucollins@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Do Not Do These If You Are A Gamer by ScienceStudents: 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
Lol
Mobile gamers
Re: Do Not Do These If You Are A Gamer by Illusionale(m): 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2022
Nothing bad about being a mobile gamer

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Games / Steam Deck 256gb Available / Revealing The Thrills Of Slot Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.