Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,923 members, 7,866,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme (8891 Views)

Stray Bullets Hit 2 As Customs, Petrol Smugglers Clash At Seme Border / Woman Caught Smuggling Rice In Her Body At Seme Border (Photos) / Nigerian Man Arrested At Seme Border For Failure To Declare $52,201, £320. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
subsidywise18:
This is a big reason why subsidy has to go.

Petrol costs above 300 naira in Benin republic. It costs 165 naira here.

Do the math.

Also every time smuggling of fuel happens it adds extra losses to our budget money.

Venezuela loses 18 billion dollars annually to the same problem. They sell pms at 40 naira..Other countries sell above 400 naira..Do the math
The US is suffering from staggering inflation as a result of their fuel price increase, once fuel price hikes it affects every other sector of the economy... let's not even talk about UK or germany whose economy is stumbling

My uncle called me to send him money so he can atleast fill his tank occasionally, he's a student in a university and at such commuting by car is extremely important......to fill a car tank over there now cost a $100 which may finish in 3days, meanwhile last year it cost less than $30 or so
Re: Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kaiair:

The US is suffering from staggering inflation as a result of their fuel price increase, once fuel price hikes it affects every other sector of the economy... let's not even talk about UK or germany whose economy is stumbling

My uncle called me to send him money so he can atleast fill his tank occasionally, he's a student in a university and at such commuting by car is extremely important......to fill a car tank over there now cost a $100 which may finish in 3days, meanwhile last year it cost less than $30 or so

On the other hand, due to subsidy

1.The petroleum sector cannot make enough profit to build refineries, and maintain exisiting ones properly (forget all that story about TAM...it ain't enough)...all of it goes on subsides.

2.We end up importing as the end result of 1 above...happens....

3.We are now spending all the excess money we should be earning from the hike in crude oil prices on subsidy..meaning we don't earn enough. On top of the debts we have to pay incurred as a result of low oil prices (and this government refusal to diversify the economy and our revenue base)

4.We get unnecessary increases in the amount we spend on subsidy because people are smuggling petrol across the border. So demand goes up artificially. At the end, we are subsiding fuel for large sections of West Africa. At our expense.

5.Inflation and low income and fall in value of naira results...more economic problem. No investment....because who wants to invest in a sector where you refine fuel at N350-450 and have to sell it below N170 or less ....because 'Nigerians are poor'.

Either way, we are messed up. At least if our petrol sector was allowed to make enough of a profit to build up refining capacity, we would have been a net exporter of petrol, and diesel and so forth....if we had removed subsidy since 1993, or even since 2011.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme by caye(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
uuzba:

Adjust documents?
Say it well.
You are counterfeiting documents.

I don't know how come Ṣeun has decided to be irresponsible about illegal adverts on this site.

He likely doesn't know that he is being an accessory to crime:
- before the act
- during the act
- after the act

In short, Según's silence is aiding criminality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme by techWriter3: 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
supply IS danger
Re: Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme by jojothaiv(m): 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
Omoslim26:
They must have been settling the custom officers before,but ran out of luck today due to one senior officer who doesn't pally with criminality undecided
Kudos to the officer.
Na only myself,the good officer and 5 other people still get dignity for this country wey almost everybody nah criminal undecided
Na me be the 5th person
Re: Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme by Wwwq: 8:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
Really
Re: Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme by Omoslim26: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2022
jojothaiv:

Na me be the 5th person

You sure undecided undecided
Hope sey you no be pro apc or ipob sad
Any body wey be pro this groups no fit ever ever be honest person for this life till 60million years undecided
Ndi a bu ndi ajo mmadu angry

Re: Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme by jojothaiv(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
Omoslim26:

You sure undecided undecided
Hope sey you no be pro apc or ipob sad
Any body wey be pro this groups no fit ever ever be honest person for this life till 60million years undecided
Ndi a bu ndi ajo mmadu angry
Pro APC or IPOB?

Never been a fan of the politicking, now we not be a good time to be one
Re: Customs Impound 10,865 Kegs Of Petrol At Seme by Omoslim26: 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
jojothaiv:

Pro APC or IPOB?

Never been a fan of the politicking, now we not be a good time to be one

You sound like an honest person,well so it's the good officer,you and I and four other persons that are honest in this country of criminals.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Arrested With Drugs Worth $33,300 In Bangkok / Lawyer Doris Chibuko Killed In Oakland University Shooting / Man Stabbed Over N10 Cigarette In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.