Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers (23351 Views)

Ondo Attack: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Attackers / Owo Church Killers Arrested, Owo Monarch Confirms / Ondo Church Attack: Catholic Diocese Of Ondo Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by powerfulguy: 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
The Ondo State Police Command has denied the arrest of the attackers of St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, where no fewer than 40 people were killed and many injured last Sunday.

A social media report said the suspected terrorists were arrested by a joint team of men of the Nigerian Army, Amotekun Corps and other security agencies as well as the local hunters, on Thursday.

The report said the suspects were taken to the palace of Olowo. It was gathered that when people heard about the news, they started besieging the palace to catch the glimpse of the suspects.

But the Olowo of Owo, Oba Ajibade Ogunoye, denied the report saying no suspect was arrested and taken to the palace. He had told the people that besieged the palace, in Owo dialect, that the attackers would soon be arrested.

Speaking with our correspondent on the telephone, the first class monarch said, “They said some people were arrested in the bush by the security but said they were not sure that the suspects were the ones that carried out the attack.

“The report was not true; people have been trooping to the palace to see them but Olowo has addressed them that no suspect was brought to the palace,” he explained.

A source said some criminals were arrested by the police in the bush but the people who saw the suspects in the police van thought they were the attackers and they had been taken to the palace, hence the besieging of the palace by the people.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Funmilayo Odunlami, said the report was untrue, noting that nobody had been arrested in connection with the attack.

She said, “There is nothing like that. We have called the police divisions there, they said there was nothing like that. We have called the Kabiyesi, Olowo of Owo, he said he was not aware of any arrest. So, it is the handiwork of some social media but it is just rumour.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ondo-attack-police-owo-monarch-deny-arrest-of-attackers/%3famp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Lanretoye(m): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
Which kind april fool be this for June?

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by ivolt: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
I thought as much.

Some mischievous police personnel must have spread the rumour.

The Nigerian police I know will rush to the media if they made such an arrest.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by alsudan: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
Na the Fulani terrorists go even arrest police self.

Yoruba Muslims want to invite terrorists into the once peaceful Yoruba land for a plate of Amala (Presidency)

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Zonefree(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
"They were not informed too"?

8 Likes

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Maxymilliano(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
This must be an expensive joke if confirmed to be a false alarm

7 Likes

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Tinububalls: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
Who them wan impress?

2 Likes

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by bro4u: 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2022
Yoruba land will soon be conquered, that's sad,, they don't have the resistance spirit like other southerners cry

3 Likes

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by ShenTeh(m): 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2022
I don't understand.
Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by temitope27(m): 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ok
Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by WibusJaga: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
Was never fooled by that audio arrest.
Naija na comic relief abeg grin

4 Likes

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by nijanigga: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
He was busy with the new Kpekus and weed
Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by dynicks(m): 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
Like what the fk is wrong with people and rumours and media houses?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by JosephXavier: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
Nigeria has DSS,police, army, navy, air Force, civil defence, EFCC, icpc, customs, joint task force won't arrest terrorists with all the budgets allocated to them

But it didn't take them long to track and arrest Nnamdi Kanu and Sunday Igboho

We know the truth

15 Likes

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by money121(m): 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ok
Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
These people should stop messing with the minds of the relatives of the dead victims,they don't deserve this type of mental torment

2 Likes

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by olusola200: 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Everyday is for thief one day is for the owner

Nemesis must catch up with them.

1 Like

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Righthussle: 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
G
Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by abmnege(m): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
even me i doubted the quick and prompt arrest because those devil's that committed such heinous act can't never remain in close km near ondo state self

1 Like

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Freelane33(m): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
Song by Ruger
OverviewListenLyricsVideos
Main results
… Oh, yeah-yeah
Oh, my love
Oh, my love
(Kukuruku)
Oh, my love
Yeah, yeah-yeah
Ahn-ah
… Girlie, you know me wan tap that
Olayemi, sh'oripe o gara oh?
Easy text me pon Snapchat
Sexy snaps me heart beatin' like rap chat, hmm-hmm
'Cause inna my quality bed
Quality rest is rest assured for you
Me ready shoot my shots in you
Huhn, huh-huh, huhn
… Put it on your private story
Lemme see you in your full glory
Anythin' I want, she'll show me
She dey finish work, she dey go in
No man can ever clone me
I'm the realest, she knows me
Fulfill all that you told me
Omo, finish work, baby, go in
… Girl (yeah, yeah-yeah)
You been on my mind lately
Me wan Bleep your pum-pum now, huhn-huhn, huh
Girl
Bleep your pum pum now, huhn, huh-huh-huh
… Me want to see you soon
You should be here by noon
Come catch my cruise
Me want to see you move, move
All I need is you
Baby, step inna me room, yah
Good girl, right there, yeah
… Sending streaks to me
24 hours delete
Automatically
Can't leak
What I fit do for your love
You know mi gwan make your pum-pum waterlogged
And when you see me, you'll be star-strucked, baby
Star-strucked, yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah
… Put it on your private story
Lemme see you in your full glory
Anythin' I want, she'll show me
She dey finish work, she dey go in
No man can ever clone me
I'm the realest, she knows me
Fulfill all that you told me
Omo, finish work, baby, go in
… Girl (yeah, yeah-yeah)
Me wan Bleep your pum-pum now, huhn-huhn, huh
Girl
Bleep your pum pum now, huhn, huh-huh-huh
… Me want to see you soon
You should be here by noon
Come catch my cruise
Me want to see you move, move
All I need is you
Baby, step inna me room, yah
Good girl, right there, yeah
… Girl, are you coming now?
Girl, are you coming now?
Update me
Coming now, yeah-yeah
………………………………,,,…
IF YOU THINK ABOUT NIGERIA MATTER TOO MUCH U FIT RUN MAD

1 Like

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Terrier99: 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
alsudan:
Na the Fulani terrorists go even arrest police self.

Yoruba Muslims want to invite terrorists into the once peaceful Yoruba land for a plate of Amala (Presidency)

As at 1942, a fulani man was the Mayor of a current state capital in your region. You have been slaves for a long time now.
It is possible that it was a fulani man who dissvirgined your grandmother.

9 Likes

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by bigdammyj: 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
Okay.
Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Terrier99: 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
bro4u:
Yoruba land will soon be conquered, that's sad,, they don't have the resistance spirit like other southerners cry

You talk as if commonsense is not one of your family's genetic traits.

6 Likes

Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by ImoleNaija: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Weytin bloggers no fit do for traffic?

No wonder I kept having some doubt about all the arrest claims.
Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by mycar: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
So unfortunate
Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Toriagirl(f): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Can you imagine
Re: Police, Owo Monarch Deny Arrest Of Ondo Church Attackers by Benrosaria(m): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Only in Nigeria, we have news that can be debunked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Any Difference Between Senate And House Of Representatives / Throwback Photo Of Yakubu Gowon & His Children / Senator Hope Uzodinma, 34 State Chairmen Of Sheriff's Faction Of PDP Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.