Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO (760 Views)

2023: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Will Set Tone For Future Politics, Says Remi Tinubu / Those Supporting Muslim-Muslim Ticket Will Declare Jihad For Christian-Christian / Adamu Maina Waziri: PDP Presidential Ticket Will Be Zoned To North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by ganisucks(f): 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has warned major political parties in the country against fielding Christian/Christian or Muslim/Muslim presidential ticket in 2023.

Naija News reports that the Christian association made this known on Friday in a statement by its National Secretary, Joseph Bade Daramola.

The two major political parties (the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ) have produced Bola Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar respectively as their presidential candidates. Both of them are Muslims.

With Atiku searching for a souther Christian to balance his ticket, reports emerged on Friday that the APC is looking to pair Tinubu with a strong Muslim northerner ahead of the 2023 election.
CAN has described moves to field candidates of the same faith as a threat to the fragile peace and unity of Nigeria.

The group congratulated the presidential candidates of the APC, the PDP, the Labour Party (LP), including other parties that are participating in the forthcoming Presidential election.

CAN urged that a balance of both religious practitioners be considered in the choice of running mates of the presidential candidates.

The association said: “We do not subscribe to Christian/Christian ticket or Muslim/Muslim ticket. Politicians can talk politics but we have stated our view long before now. Any party that tries same religion ticket will fail. This is not 1993. Even when we have joint Muslim/Christian ticket, the church still goes through hell. Only God knows the number of Christians that have been killed in the last seven years with no one apprehended or prosecuted.

“Imagine how bad it will be if we have two Muslims in power? The extant Nigerian Constitution promotes religious balance. So, if any political party wants to try Muslim/Muslim ticket, it’s at it’s own peril. CAN is only forewarning, but will make a categorical statement in the event our warning is not heeded.”

CAN stated that the presidential running mate for Tinubu should be a Christian from the North, Atiku’s running mate should be a Christian from the South while Obi should choose his own among the Muslims from the North.

According to the group, anything contrary to the above means that the leadership of these political parties do not bother about the unity of this entity called Nigeria.

“ Those who are planning Muslim/Muslim ticket should also find out what was the outcome of MKO Abiola and Kingibe ticket in 1993. If they try Muslim/Muslim ticket this time around, the outcome will be worse because our fault lines are very visible.

“There is no party that has no great, good and patriotic Christians who can preside over the affairs of this nation not to talk of being the Vice President as some mischievous people are trying to say. If merit and competence are used as yardsticks, we have many qualified Christians in all the 774 Local Government Areas of this country ,” the group said.

https://www./2022/06/10/tinubu-can-rejects-proposed-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket-in-2023/

1 Like

Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by alsudan: 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
The last one that tried it didn’t live to tell the story.

The present one contemplating it should not be pushed to his grave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria by a landslide. Courtesy of Peter Obi. The election will not be close.

1 Like

Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by triple996(m): 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
CAN of warms undecided

4 Likes

Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
Cabal na the best chess players. Dem just dey do move after move to finish Tinubu. I don talk am sey by the time dem finish with that man, seyi Tinubu go dey manage himself for brixton.
But truth be sey no Northern Christian fit ever be number 1 or number 2

2 Likes

Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by WibusJaga: 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2022
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by Tradegood: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
Thank you CAN, we trust GOD for Tinubu to do the right thing.

I hear there is now Deputy Governors Forum in APC.

Tinubu: 1
Atiku: 0
Obi: 0

Una still dey sleep?

Modified 11/07/22
Tinubu picked a Muslim VP.
I hereby declare I am no lo get supporting APC at the moment, unless they do right by picking a Christian VP.

Modified 11/07/22
Tinubu picked a Muslim VP.
I hereby declare I am no lo get supporting APC at the moment, unless they do right by picking a Christian VP.

2 Likes

Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
Muslim Muslim ticket is dead on arrival.We have capable hands that are Christains.
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by SHINJA: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hahahahaha..They think Christians are fools..

God bless all Christians in Nigeria..

God bless all traditional worshippers in Nigeria

God bless all sons and daughters of Southsouth and Southwest...

Curse be upon all Islamic Terrorists in the world..

Curse be upon all Muslims who pretend to love Christians in Nigeria..

Amen !!!!!!
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by Samunique(m): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
While I love Tinubu political sagacity, I think he has to tread with caution and not allow desperation to make him dance to the tune of Islamic Arab agenda in Nigeria, by setting a very bad precedence that may hunt the Yorubas and Nigeria forever. I know Tinubu himself is not a religious bigot, at least I can beat my chest for that.

But then if he allows himself to be used in this show of shame and Islamic self-centeredness just bcs MKO did it and won, he may be repeating an MKO history here, and we all know how it ended. He never got to the throne, and the question people need to ask is why ?

Tinubu should also remember that the reason why he did not deputize Buhari in 2015 was for this same reason, "to avoid a Muslim Muslim ticket.

Why will APC want to bring back the devil they avoided in 2015

Are there not a northern capable politicians like Boss Mustapha , Dogora and co. ?

Abi how do we explain this that a Muslim just finishes an 8yrs rule, the next thing is to field another Muslim Muslim for another 8yrs, and in 2031 power will return to the north and another Muslim will take over ?

Is there any evil bigger than this?
In such a dangerously polarized country as Nigeria.

I think APC should perish the thought
It won't work, except Tinubu is ready to go the MKO's way !!!
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by bjdon: 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
The sad part of all this, is that Northern Muslims are effectly saying Yoruba Muslims are not 'Real' Muslims. I wonder why SW Muslims continue to take this crap.
Anyway I am fully OBIDient so it does not really bother me. Na how we can deliver Edo state for Peter Obi nai we dey. Yoruba muslims, you guys have my sympathy!
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2022
Where is passing shit? He should come and tell us how Tinubu would summon Adeboye,Oyedepo and Kumuyi to accept Muslim-muslim ticket
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by Ever8090: 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hmmmm....that warning is strong... I beg, I don hustle 100k for my rent remain 60k..any good Samaritan around to help pls...make I fit follow other people laugh small...
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
PaChukwudi44:
Where is passing shit? He should come and tell us how Tinubu would summon Adeboye,Oyedepo and Kumuyi to accept Muslim-muslim ticket

Tribe before religion they say
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by SarkinYarki: 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
Thank you CAN I was expecting This
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by Samunique(m): 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
triple996:
CAN of warms undecided
And what about MUMURIC?
undecided
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by Samunique(m): 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Passingshot is their agent, they have so many of them now on various social media platforms to test public waters, that's why we don't need to keep silence .
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by abobote: 5:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
That will be like relegating the christains
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by ChangetheChange: 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
Even when we have joint Muslim/Christian ticket, the church still goes through hell. Only God knows the number of Christians that have been killed in the last seven years with no one apprehended or prosecuted.
Imagine how bad it will be if we have two Muslims in power? The extant Nigerian Constitution promotes religious balance. So, if any political party wants to try Muslim/Muslim ticket, it’s at it’s own peril. CAN is only forewarning, but will make a categorical statement in the event our warning is not heeded.”
Yes oh

Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by ChangetheChange: 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ejej

Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by abobote: 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
ChangetheChange:
Yes oh
Niger state ?
Don't forget he is contesting against northern Muslim
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by PassingShot(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
Empty noise.

Tinubu will pick a northern Muslim as his running mate and we'll see what will happen thereafter.
Re: CAN: Anybody Who Tries Muslim-muslim Ticket Will End Up Worse Than MKO by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
Haba

(1) (Reply)

SaharaReporters:Tinubu Jets Out To France to seek medical attention. / Bashir Ahmad Confesses: LP Is Getting 75% - 80% In Kano And Kaduna / Buhari Dares Bandits, Others, Treks Home From Eid Prayer Ground In Daura (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.