Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Christian Population In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Christian Population In The North (2200 Views)

Germany And Nigeria Population In 1980 Compared To Now / Tinubu: I Am One Of The Best Friends Of The Christian Community (Video) / Moment Shettima Acknowledged 30 "Bishops" From The Christian Faith (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian Population In The North by APC2: 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2022
I'm from the north and I live in two States in the Northwest. I have houses in the two States.
The Muslims in the north know the population of Christians in the North. However, they don't want other part of the country to know this. This is why they ensure that 'religion' is not included in the national census data. Another way they tried to hide the population of Christians in the North is to ensure that they are not allowed to hold elective positions.

In kano state, I visited Rogo local government and I was shocked that about 85 percent of the indigenes are christians

In Samaila local government in Kano state, about 90 percent of the indigenes are christians. These are the two local government that are populated by indigenous christians. Other places like Sabon Gari in Fagge local government and Naibawa in Kumbotso local government have significant non- indigenous Christian Population.

Most of the people are ECWA, HEKAN, Anglican. They are not interested in politics.

In Gombe, about 40% of the people are Christians.

Bauchi South are Christians

Nassarawa State have about 60% christians. The problem in nassarawa among christians is disunity. Each christian block (penticostal, Catholic, Methodist, Anglican, etc) will bring out a gubernatorial candidate why the Muslims will bring out a single candidate and will win. Since Baba Suntai (a Christian) ruled in 2013), no any other Christian has won.

The north is aware of the great indigenous Christian Population. They will give impression that there are no significant number of indigenous Christians in the north. It's a lie that southern Nigeria have believed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Population In The North by bimiti6879: 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hdhf

Re: The Christian Population In The North by Frigga13: 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
The Christian North also play the Arewa card.. and will always align with their fellow Northerners.. even tho they know their differences.

Is about Muslims .. in politics and matters relating they align

Reason you hear one North.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Population In The North by alsudan: 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2022
We in the Christian North stopped aligning with far North when we realized we’re not good enough to be elected President or Vice because we’re not “northern enough”.

That’s why most of us are OBIdient and will prove it at the polls.

Atiku can completely forget about the Christian North, but Thiefnibu has a chance to get some votes, but only if he chooses a Christian Northerner as Vice.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christian Population In The North by APC2: 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2022
Frigga13:
The Christian North also play the Arewa card.. and will always align with their fellow Northerners.. even tho they know their differences.

Is about Muslims .. in politics and matters relating they align

Reason you hear one North.

The One North mantra is being piloted by the Muslims. Because it favour them only. They are dragging middle belt into it now by all means

1 Like

Re: The Christian Population In The North by Dreal1247: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
Go get your PVC. If Christians fail to effectively play their roles in ensuring that the right persons are voted for, the oppression being experienced today maybe child's play compared to what is coming ahead.
Re: The Christian Population In The North by Paretomaster1(m): 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
What are you trying to say?? Everyone know there are Christians Northerners in the North , abi u want to tell us they are more than the Muslims Ni??

The late Deborah is from Zuru Kebbi State , same as the Bamaiyis..

1 Like

Re: The Christian Population In The North by Frigga13: 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
APC2:

The One North mantra is being piloted by the Muslims. Because it favour them only. They are dragging middle belt into it now by all means

Middle belt are proud Northerners.. nobody is dragging them..

Kaduna
Niger
Kogi
Jos
Benue
Kwara

Maybe for Benue

The rest are proudly Northerners

Ann’s speak Hausa as common language ..

1 Like

Re: The Christian Population In The North by APC2: 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
Paretomaster1:
What are you trying to say?? Everyone know there are Christians Northerners in the North , abi u want to tell us they are more than the Muslims Ni??

The late Deborah is from Zuru Kebbi State , same as the Bamaiyis..
What I am trying to say is that the population of Christians in the north is not so small as they have made other parts of the country to believe.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Population In The North by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
The north has an impressive population of Christians, but not near or close enough to Muslims at most 65 to 35

3 Likes

Re: The Christian Population In The North by pacesetting: 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
I agree with OP on that. The level of marginalization against Christians over there is alarming. You won't know if you've not been there.

I served in Biu, Southern Bornu, one of the coldest places in Nigeria. The Bura tribe there are predominantly Christians.

I also spent two years in Potiskum, Yobe state. The Christians there are always having issues with the Muslims due to the same marginalization.

These Christians are much. But the Muslims always intimidate them because of their Christian belief of no violence.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Population In The North by APC2: 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
Frigga13:

Kaduna
Niger
Kogi
Jos
Benue
Kwara

Maybe for Benue

I hope you know that the middle belt has Middle Belt Forum which has distanced itself from Arewa Consultative Forum.
Paul Nnongo from benue state was made chairman of northern elders forum, he resigned and told the world that middle belt cannot be part of Arewa. That was what led to the formation of Southern and Middle Belt Forum. Please talk with fact, not with your feeling

4 Likes

Re: The Christian Population In The North by pacesetting: 6:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
Frigga13:

Kaduna
Niger
Kogi
Jos
Benue
Kwara

Maybe for Benue

What is Kaduna and Kwara doing there? Replace them with Nasarawa. And for Benue, you may get the beating of your life if you call a Tiv or Idoma man a Northerner.
Re: The Christian Population In The North by Frigga13: 6:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
APC2:

I hope you know that the middle belt has Middle Belt Forum which has distanced itself from Arewa Consultative Forum.
Paul Nnongo from benue state was made chairman of northern elders forum, he resigned and told the world that middle belt cannot be part of Arewa. That was what led to the formation of Southern and Middle Belt Forum. Please talk with fact, not with your feeling

It has always been like that since the days of Takar and Nepu.

Just like ikwere ... some says they’re not igbos and some say dey be pure and proper igbo

But finally all Na Arewa
Re: The Christian Population In The North by Paretomaster1(m): 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
APC2:

What I am trying to say is that the population of Christians in the north is not so small as they have made other parts of the country to believe.

Who made other part of the country to believe?? Stop assuming PLS...
Re: The Christian Population In The North by Frigga13: 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
pacesetting:
What is Kaduna and Kwara doing there? Replace them with Nasarawa. And for Benue, you may get the beating of your life if you call a Tiv or Idoma man a Northerner.

But they’re northerners...

And play northern pol
Re: The Christian Population In The North by pacesetting: 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
Frigga13:

But they’re northerners...

And play northern pol
Benue people are not northerners. I'm currently living in Benue State. I just gave you an advise never to call them northerners. Unless you wan collect slap.

3 Likes

Re: The Christian Population In The North by Zandena(f): 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
This social media tout!
Education has really really failed you with this hogwash.
I have said it time without number that God so loves Nigerian muslims that they're more in number than Christians otherwise Christians will have make it look as they're 90% of the population and as a result would have relegated them to third class citizens.
They will have deny the Muslims the positions such as president, VP, SP, House Speaker etc.
I want to state here without fear of contradiction that THE NUMBER OF CHRISTIANS OF NORTHERN EXTRACTION IS QUITE INSIGNIFICANT.!
El-Rufai has already exposed their lies in Kaduna without their votes Muslim-Muslim ticket sailed through.
The same thing would happen at the national level in 2023 God willing, Muslim-Muslim ticket and Tinubu will emerged as president.
Christian votes are nothing to Muslim voters in the country

14 Likes

Re: The Christian Population In The North by Frigga13: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
pacesetting:
Benue people are not northerners. I'm currently living in Benue State. I just gave you an advise never to call them northerners. Unless you wan collect slap.

k
Re: The Christian Population In The North by Tomek09(m): 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
pacesetting:
Which region is Benue State??
Re: The Christian Population In The North by Tomek09(m): 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
Muslim Northern population will always dwarf that of Christians in the North. Sad reality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Population In The North by pacesetting: 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tomek09:

Which region is Benue State??
North Central.
Re: The Christian Population In The North by mhmsadyq(m): 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2022
Why are the christians in Nigeria suddenly feeling insecure?

I think they fear a Muslim-Muslim ticket will expose their lies.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Population In The North by Zandena(f): 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2022
Frigga13:

Kaduna
Niger
Kogi
Jos
Benue
Kwara

Maybe for Benue

I agree with you. However their so called middle belt is a figment of their imagination. Middle belt and you are including chibok in southern Borno and Taraba and Adamawa Christians?
In the entire northern Nigeria, plateau and Benue states are the only Christian majority states with significant number of Muslims as well.
Niger and Kwara can always be proudly North and not the Christian community code named middle belt

9 Likes

Re: The Christian Population In The North by 00FFT00(m): 6:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
APC2:
I'm from the north and I live in two States in the Northwest. I have houses in the two States.
The Muslims in the north know the population of Christians in the North. However, they don't want other part of the country to know this. This is why they ensure that 'religion' is not included in the national census data. Another way they tried to hide the population of Christians in the North is to ensure that they are not allowed to hold elective positions.

In kano state, I visited Rogo local government and I was shocked that about 85 percent of the indigenes are christians

In Samaila local government in Kano state, about 90 percent of the indigenes are christians. These are the two local government that are populated by indigenous christians. Other places like Sabon Gari in Fagge local government and Naibawa in Kumbotso local government have significant non- indigenous Christian Population.

Most of the people are ECWA, HEKAN, Anglican. They are not interested in politics.

Nassarawa State have about 60% christians. The problem in nassarawa among christians is disunity. Each christian block (penticostal, Catholic, Methodist, Anglican, etc) will bring out a gubernatorial candidate why the Muslims will bring out a single candidate and will win. Since Baba Suntai (a Christian) ruled in 2013), no any other Christian has won.

The north is aware of the great indigenous Christian Population. They will give impression that there are no significant number of indigenous Christians in the north. It's a lie that southern Nigeria have believed.

This is the same card Yorubas have been playing against the rest of the southern people, especially the Southeast. Yoruba controlled print and electronic media and used it to their advantage until only recently.

They sort to export the narrative that other Southern ethnicities are numerically inferior in comparison.
Re: The Christian Population In The North by APC2: 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2022
mhmsadyq:
Why are the christians in Nigeria suddenly feeling insecure?

I think they fear a Muslim-Muslim ticket will expose their lies.

Nobody is feeling insecure. Why are the Muslims in North hiding the population of the Christians in the north? I hope they are feeling insecure?

Why are the Muslims trying to hide the population of Christians from the national data by removing 'religion'from the database and refused to include it in the population census data form? They are feeling insecure!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Population In The North by APC2: 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
Zandena:

I agree with you. However their so called middle belt is a figment of their imagination. Middle belt and you are including chibok in southern Borno and Taraba and Adamawa Christians?
In the entire northern Nigeria, plateau and Benue states are the only Christian majority states with significant number of Muslims as well.
Niger and Kwara can always be proudly North and not the Christian community code named middle belt
You don't Know much. 80% of the population of people in Taraba state are Christians. A Muslim never become governor of Taraba. The current governor is Darius Ishaku, a Christian. MURIC have been crying that Muslims are being oppressed and marginalize in Taraba state.
Go and seat down, you don't know much.
The former governor of nassarawa State was christian, Baba Suntai. He handed over to his deputy who is a Muslim because of their political relationship and understanding.
Don't talk about the north if you have not being to north or living in the north

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Population In The North by mhmsadyq(m): 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
APC2:

Nobody is feeling insecure. Why are the Muslims in North hiding the population of the Christians in the north? I hope they are feeling insecure?

Why are the Muslims trying to hide the population of Christians from the national data by removing 'religion'from the database and refused to include it in the population census data form? They are feeling insecure!

Oga, form your party as northern christians, field your candidate and vote for him/her.
Nobody will accuse you of voting along religious line because it can't be proven.
You can ask for CAN's assistance.

This will be more factual than an empty rant on NL.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Population In The North by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
After this all your writings They are just a few out of the total population of the Northerners.

APC2:

Re: The Christian Population In The North by Mario1989(m): 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
Frigga13:

Kaduna
Niger
Kogi
Jos
Benue
Kwara

Maybe for Benue

Middle belters may be proud northerners but majority are indigenous christians...
Re: The Christian Population In The North by Asquare84(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
You may be currect if you said the population of christian in the north is oppressed, Rogo local government in kano state have christian and some traditional worshipers till date but not majority christian infact their are villages in Rogo local government that there's no single mosque and their are villages in Rogo local government that there's no single church so as zarewa town. Another local government in kano state that have a significant christian population is doguwa local government. And don't forget that there are christians in kastina and sokoto state too.
Re: The Christian Population In The North by ThankGodFriday(m): 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
APC2:

Are you a northerner?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Will Win In 16 States Including FCT / Seun, It's Time To Introduce Mobile Number In Registration / Obedients Not Happy about Nnamdi Kanu's Exoneration By CA- Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.