Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity (594 Views)

Living Faith To Build 100,000 Capacity ‘Ark’ Auditorium, 20-Storey Tower / Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church / 3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
You must understand that God is just like government; or to put it in proper way, government is copying God.

Remember: As above, so below!

You work for government? You will get retirement benefits in forms of gratuity and pension: GUARANTEED.

You buy government bonds? You will get paid with interest at maturity, GUARANTEED.

That is why smart investors mostly buy Federal Government Bonds, but let me not digress much...

God is FAITHFUL and ALWAYS pays his workers, one way or another.

Just like government would say that it’s bonds are backed by the “full faith and fidelity” of the state, God’s “bond” is backed by the full faith and fidelity of the creator and owner of the universe!

If a government fails to pay its debt obligations (of paying bond holders), it is considered a DEFAULT -A HUGE DEAL, something akin to a catastrophe from which such country’s currency hardly recovers.
In fact is it considered a DISASTER and all governments avoid that!

In rare and extreme circumstances, governments can sometimes fail to pay bonds, being a human system with limited resources.
God has LIMITLESS RESOURCES to pay his workers. So, he NEVER defaults on debt obligations to “bond holders”.

I have seen a former “nonentity” become a king -literally -within a period of 20 years, just because he worked for God FAITHFULLY.

God pays his workers in many ways. We are spirits having human experience; but if God somehow does not pay the direct worker, he pays the worker’s children. This I have seen, too.

For years, I never understood why some people would do all they can to physically work for God in some capacity. You see them hustle seriously to play some role in the church or mosque or even society.

People who use their money to serve God somehow NEVER lacks money. Have you noticed that too? They NEVER beg food. They ALWAYS have to give others. They are always the lenders and never the borrowers. This I have seen too!

The money part is a bit tricky because there are many thieves in religious places these days who deceive people. I think that one of the best ways to serve God with your money is to help your needy neighbor. Remember the “To those who have will more be given…”?
It means those who have and are willing to share with the needy, will be given more!

So what is the attribute that God rewards most?
FAITHFULNESS.
Whatever you do for God, do it FAITHFULLY, and God will take notice.

Again, just like in the human system whereby a borrower gets offered more credit by more lenders for being a faithful re-payer of debt obligations, God values faithful workers even more.

If you want to prove this theory, just try working for God in some capacity, and do so FAITHFULLY for some time, and see if you won’t get blessed beyond your imagination!

How does God usually pay?
By giving you LONG LIFE, GREAT HEALTH, ABUNDANCE, PEACE, JOY, etc in no particular order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
onumadu:
I have seen a former “nonentity” become a king -literally -within a period of 20 years, just because he worked for God FAITHFULLY.

God pays his workers in many ways. We are spirits having human experience; but if God somehow does not pay the direct worker, he pays the worker’s children. This I have seen, too.

For years, I never understood why some people would do all they can to physically work for God in some capacity. You see them hustle seriously to play some role in the church or mosque or even society.

People who use their money to serve God somehow NEVER lacks money. Have you noticed that too? They NEVER beg food. They ALWAYS have to give others. They are always the lenders and never the borrowers. This I have seen too!

The money part is a bit tricky because there are many thieves in religious places these days who deceive people. I think that one of the best ways to serve God with your money is to help your needy neighbor. Remember the “To those who have will more be given…”?
It means those who have and are willing to share with the needy, will be given more!

So what is the attribute that God rewards most?
FAITHFULNESS.
Whatever you do for God, do it FAITHFULLY, and God will take notice.
Which God are you referring to? The one who commands that you abandoned all you own and have if you want to serve Him or some other God? undecided

Is this about the God that Jesus Christ decrees you must abandon working for food that perishes to serve or another God entirely?, undecided
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Which God are you referring to? The one who commands that you abandoned all you own and have if you want to serve Him or some other God? undecided

Is this about the God that Jesus Christ decrees you must abandon working for food that perishes to serve or another God entirely?, undecided

You are describing the God of religion: i.e, the God created by man in his own image. Man created religion as a tool of control...

The God I talk about is THE GOD, the one in whom everything lives, moves and have their beings.
In whom EVERYTHING is MANIFESTED.

One Christian evangelist called that God, "The God and Father of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ".
You are free to interpret it as you like, but when you have an encounter with that GOD, nothing remains the same.

We all encounter that God everyday, but only few of us are able to be conscious of that encounter.

Let me not go deeper.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by elated177: 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
What is the name of your God?

What are his requirements?

How does he expect those who seek him to get to him?

Can you state where all that you have said so far could be found in the book of this God?
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by elated177: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
onumadu:

You are describing the God of religion: i.e, the God created by man in his own image. Man created religion as a tool of control...

The God I talk about is THE GOD, the one in whom everything lives, moves and have their beings.

One Christian evangelist called that God, "The God and Father of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ".
You are free to interpret it as you like, but when you have an encounter with that GOD, nothing remains the same.

We all encounter that God everyday, but only few of us are able to be conscious of that encounter.

Let me not go deeper.

How did that person describe the God of religion?
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
onumadu:
1. You are describing the God of religion: i.e, the God created by man in his own image. Man created religion as a tool of control... The God I talk about is THE GOD, the one in whom everything lives, moves and have their beings.

2. One Christian evangelist called that God, "The God and Father of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ". You are free to interpret it as you like, but when you have an encounter with that GOD, nothing remains the same.

3. We all encounter that God everyday, but only few of us are able to be conscious of that encounter.
Let me not go deeper.
1. I am afraid I am not speaking here of any of the gods created in the minds of men. I am instead speaking of Jesus Christ, the very one who called the apostles away from working for perishable food to instead working for food that endures to eternity - John 6 vs 25 - 33. undecided

2. The same Jesus Christ said that it is those who lose their life - career/job/business, family , reputation etc.,
- that will save it - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 undecided

3. We all encounter Him everyday? In what way? undecided
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 12:39am On Jun 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid I am not speaking here of any of the gods created in the minds of men. I am instead speaking of Jesus Christ, the very one who called the apostles away from working for perishable food to instead working for food that endures to eternity - John 6 vs 25 - 33. undecided

2. The same Jesus Christ said that it is those who lose their life - career/job/business, family , reputation etc.,
- that will save it - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 undecided

3. We all encounter Him everyday? In what way? undecided

Most of Jesus' teachings were in forms of figures of speech: parables, idioms, metaphors, etc... because he was teaching the secret TRUTHS ABOUT THE NATURE OF GOD HIS FATHER.
A lot of people take him literally, but they really shouldn't.

Jesus used A LOT of these figures of speech to convey deep messages.

One of such is in Luke Chapter 10: 25 -37 (in my view the most important of his teachings, which most churches and Christians ignore these days)

Jesus was struggling against the same types people who control the churches today in his day.

I'd share it below:

Luke Chapter 10

25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 12:59am On Jun 11, 2022
elated177:
What is the name of your God?

What are his requirements?

How does he expect those who seek him to get to him?

Can you state where all that you have said so far could be found in the book of this God?

His Name is a Tetragrammaton that roughly translates to "I AM THAT I AM".
It means that you human should really not focus on his name. You should rather focus on your consciousness of HIM, and what he expects from you.

His requirement is that you LOVE your neighbor mostly.

You should love HIM of course, but loving your neighbor is the only way for you HUMAN to prove that you love God.
Jesus said so too. Jesus wondered : Can you love God who you do not see, but not love your neighbor who you see everyday?

So, the key to proving that you love God is to love your neighbor. In a way, that is exactly what Jesus' life was all about.
For "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
Jesus entire life's mission was to prove that he loved God. He gave his life to prove it. He gave his life to save man created in God's image.
Whenever you look at your neighbor, you should be able to see an image of God; else you are on the wrong road!

How to get to him? Just be who God created you to be. God is EVERYWHERE, ALWAYS. God is everywhere at the same time!
Just be conscious of this truth, and you will start hearing from God steadily, because he will speak to you in MANY ways.
His channels of communication are LIMITLESS.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On Jun 11, 2022
onumadu:
1. Most of Jesus' teachings were in forms of figures of speech: parables, idioms, metaphors, etc... because he was teaching the secret TRUTHS ABOUT THE NATURE OF GOD HIS FATHER. A lot of people take him literally, but they really shouldn't. Jesus used A LOT of these figures of speech to convey deep messages.

2. One of such is in Luke Chapter 10: 25 -37 (in my view the most important of his teachings, which most churches and Christians ignore these days)

3. Jesus was struggling against the same types people who control the churches today in his day.
I'd share it below:.
1. Did Jesus Christ not literally pull His followers away from the careers and lives in order that they could become His followers? undecided

Did Jesus Christ not literally state in Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30 state that all those who abandon home, family, land, etc., for His sake will be greatly rewarded afterwards? undecided

Did Jesus Christ not literally demand you lose your life in order to save it in Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39? undecided

What are you afraid of? undecided

2. Jesus Christ warned you in Matthew 23 against paying attention to some parts of the Law while neglecting others considered of less importance. Every one of His teachings is of equal importance and according to Him, those who love Him are those who submit to and Obey His teachings(and commandments), all almost 100 of them contained in God's New Covenant Law and Truth aka the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. undecided

3. Jesus Christ did not come to set up your churches. He told you His Church He builds Himself, not of the hands of men. What men do in their churches have nothing to do with Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by elated177: 9:09am On Jun 11, 2022
onumadu:

His Name is a Tetragrammaton that roughly translates to "I AM THAT I AM".
It means that you human should really not focus on his name. You should rather focus on your consciousness of HIM, and what he expects from you.

Where is it written in the Scriptures that I should not focus on the name of my Father in heaven? How can my consciousness of YHVH Almighty, my Father in heaven, be complete without focusing on his name? Can you remove the name of a person from his identity?

What does it mean to be conscious of YHVH Almighty?

onumadu:

His requirement is that you LOVE your neighbor mostly.

You should love HIM of course, but loving your neighbor is the only way for you HUMAN to prove that you love God.
Jesus said so too. Jesus wondered : Can you love God who you do not see, but not love your neighbor who you see everyday?

So, the key to proving that you love God is to love your neighbor. In a way, that is exactly what Jesus' life was all about.
For "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
Jesus entire life's mission was to prove that he loved God. He gave his life to prove it. He gave his life to save man created in God's image.

To love YHVH Almighty, the one and only true God, the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them, with your all your heart, all soul, all your mind and with all your strength, is the greatest and the most important commandment.

The saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah have been commanded to love their neighbor.

The question is: who is your neighbor?

How do you express this love for your neighbor? What I mean is this: in what ways are you to express this love for your neighbor, that is, after figuring out who your neighbor is?

onumadu:

Whenever you look at your neighbor, you should be able to see an image of God; else you are on the wrong road!

On the contrary, if your lifestyle and your dealings with others do not show that you are a servant of YHVH Almighty, the Most High God, then you are on the wrong path. You are not on his path of righteousness.

I am not going to use what I see in my fellow human being to assess my righteous walk. Never! Simply because YHVH Almighty made human in his image does not mean that he is their Father. Those who do not obey his Commandments have Satan as their father. There are children of the Creator of heaven and earth in this world and there are children of Satan in this world, too.

One must realize that some human beings are the personification of the devil. They have become vile like Satan their father. So, when one saint looks at such individuals and sees the devil and the demons, does it mean such a saint is on the wrong path? The answer is 'No".

onumadu:

How to get to him? Just be who God created you to be. God is EVERYWHERE, ALWAYS. God is everywhere at the same time!
Just be conscious of this truth, and you will start hearing from God steadily, because he will speak to you in MANY ways.
His channels of communication are LIMITLESS.

Nah! You didn't answer the question. How can one get to this God? In other words, what is the way to this God? What is his will?

You ignored this question:

Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Did Jesus Christ not literally pull His followers away from the careers and lives in order that they could become His followers? undecided

Did Jesus Christ not literally state in Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30 state that all those who abandon home, family, land, etc., for His sake will be greatly rewarded afterwards? undecided

Did Jesus Christ not literally demand you lose your life in order to save it in Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39? undecided

What are you afraid of? undecided

2. Jesus Christ warned you in Matthew 23 against paying attention to some parts of the Law while neglecting others considered of less importance. Every one of His teachings is of equal importance and according to Him, those who love Him are those who submit to and Obey His teachings(and commandments), all almost 100 of them contained in God's New Covenant Law and Truth aka the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. undecided

3. Jesus Christ did not come to set up your churches. He told you His Church He builds Himself, not of the hands of men. What men do in their churches have nothing to do with Jesus Christ. undecided

Again, like I said before, Jesus was using figures of speech to pass along a DEEP TRUTH. He only explained some of these messages to his disciples.

Why did Jews (as in deeply religious Jews) hate Jesus? They hated him because he was speaking of something they'd never heard of before. Something that radically challenged religion.

If Jesus were to come in disguise to any big Nigerian church today, none would allow him to even speak at the microphone never mind allowing him to preach. Because they are just like the Jews of Jesus's days. I came to this conclusion because the more churches they build in Nigeria, the more wicked, greedy and selfish Nigerians become. It is because Nigerians are more religious than SPIRITUAL.

Let me get back to this topic by using a analogy.

Assuming there are two poor Nigerians who each had N100K as the only money they have in this world.
Assume that the first one used all of his money to buy a Federal Govt Bond that returns 15% compound interest over 5 years of maturity. Assume that the second one used his money to solve "urgent pressing needs" like food, healthcare, etc.
All things being equal, at the 5th year, the first poor Nigerian will have about N203k in his account whether he likes it or not.
The second Nigerian may have lived an easier life than the first, but he will (again assuming all things stay the same) be poorer than the first.
What Jesus was trying to convey is the fact that the more one is sacrificial with God, the more abundance one would reap.

Again he as speaking figuratively. Since he also said the if a person's right hand should make the person to sin, it should be cut off, how many spiritual or religious leaders have you seen with one hand? Are you saying that there they are all perfect without sin?

Of course God lives inside of us, and not in any building.

As for his laws, God said that he will write them IN OUR HEARTS. ALL OF THEM.
That is why I kept using the term "being conscious" of God.
Anyone who is conscious of God knows instantly, whether written or not, whether his or her actions are godly (as in acceptable or not by God).

My observation is that Nigerians are more interested in appearing righteous than in actually being righteous.
That is why we don't have 24/7 electricity supply after 6 decades of independence.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2022
onumadu:
1. Again he as speaking figuratively. Since he also said the if a person's right hand should make the person to sin, it should be cut off, how many spiritual or religious leaders have you seen with one hand? Are you saying that there they are all perfect without sin?

2. Of course God lives inside of us, and not in any building.

3. As for his laws, God said that he will write them IN OUR HEARTS. ALL OF THEM. That is why I kept using the term "being conscious" of God.
Anyone who is conscious of God knows instantly, whether written or not, whether his or her actions are godly (as in acceptable or not by God).

4. My observation is that Nigerians are more interested in appearing righteous than in actually being righteous.
That is why we don't have 24/7 electricity supply after 6 decades of independence.
1. If your overall conclusion is that Jesus Christ only spoke in figurative Language behind your understanding, then on what basis do you claim to believe Him as savior to you and from what exactly does He propose to save you from? undecided

2. How do you know God lives inside of you? Where did God tell you this? undecided

3. God said He will right His laws in your heart? Where did He say this to you? undecided

4. You speak of Righteous but what is the standard of righteousness you speak of? Where is this standard detailed? undecided
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2022
elated177:

Where is it written in the Scriptures that I should not focus on the name of my Father in heaven? How can my consciousness of YHVH Almighty, my Father in heaven, be complete without focusing on his name? Can you remove the name of a person from his identity?

To love YHVH Almighty, the one and only true God, the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them, with your all your heart, all soul, all your mind and with all your strength, is the greatest and the most important commandment.

The saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah have been commanded to love their neighbor.

The question is: who is your neighbor?

How do you express this love for your neighbor? What I mean is this: in what ways are you to express this love for your neighbor, that is, after figuring out who your neighbor is?

On the contrary, if your lifestyle and your dealings with others do not show that you are a servant of YHVH Almighty, the Most High God, then you are on the wrong path. You are not on his path of righteousness.

I am not going to use what I see in my fellow human being to assess my righteous walk. Never! Simply because YHVH Almighty made human in his image does not mean that he is their Father. Those who do not obey his Commandments have Satan as their father. There are children of the Creator of heaven and earth in this world and there are children of Satan in this world, too.

One must realize that some human beings are the personification of the devil. They have become vile like Satan their father. So, when one saint looks at such individuals and sees the devil and the demons, does it mean such a saint is on the wrong path? The answer is 'No".

Nah! You didn't answer the question. How can one get to this God? In other words, what is the way to this God? What is his will?

You are splitting hairs and simply trying to claim God all to yourself as if only you know his name.

God is more interested in your dealings (as in HOW YOU TREAT PEOPLE) than anything else.
Though God loves it when we love him, he really does not depend on our love. That is exactly what David the Psalmist was saying in Psalm 24: 1-2, and Psalm 50: 12. Jesus again told us that you cannot love God whom you do not see, if you can't love humans whom you see daily.

I see a lot of people saying that they love God, but when you get close you see all kinds of things they do that destroy other people.
That is why Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees "whited sepulcher".

They love to appear to everyone that they know God's laws, but they are full of wickedness and hate.

They almost stoned Jesus when Jesus quoted the Bible (Hosea 6:6) to them about God desiring MERCY over SACRIFICE.

Meaning that God is more interested in us showing mercy to our fellow human beings, than even our sacrifices to him. In other words, God REALLY values how we treat people over anything else.
That is the point of departure between Jesus and all the "holy" men of his day.
If you read the Talmud , you will see some of those things.

Jesus also demonstrated this point when he saved the woman caught in adultery. It is not that Jesus supported adultery or violation of God's law. NOPE! it is that he was more interested in teaching us the indispensable role of mercy in our demonstration of LOVE. He told the woman to "go and sin no more". So he did not support her. He simply showed her MERCY.

You can call God's name (which BTW are MANY), but if you cannot see God in your fellow human being, you are on the wrong road.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. If your overall conclusion is that Jesus Christ only spoke in figurative Language behind your understanding, then on what basis do you claim to believe Him as savior to you and from what exactly does He propose to save you from? undecided

2. How do you know God lives inside of you? Where did God tell you this? undecided

3. God said He will right His laws in your heart? Where did He say this to you? undecided

4. You speak of Righteous but what is the standard of righteousness you speak of? Where is this standard detailed? undecided

It is my personal belief that though God has been here on this earth for eons of years before he revealed himself to Abraham, I believe that he used the nation of Israel to spread consciousness of God worldwide. So, I would quote the Jeremiah 31:33 as one of those places, and leave it at that ...

I don't really want to derail this thread the aim of which is to let people know that the best investment they can make with their resources is on God. In serving God and God's purposes on earth.

I believe that nations that do this get blessed immensely; while nations that don't do it reap poverty and backwardness.

I live in country where a blind person can live independently; where a cripple can live independently.

When they build roads, they build wheelchair facilities. Public buses have wheelchair lift, etc.

People with the requisite consciousness of God designed such a nation. They may not be "churcheous", but they clearly were conscious of God.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by michaelwestern(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2022
I like this thread, you made some very true statements.

Every service and giving should be done out of love for God though. You can never serve God out of love and regret it. You will receive reward both on earth and in heaven.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2022
onumadu:
1. It is my personal belief that though God has been here on this earth for eons of years before he revealed himself to Abraham, I believe that he used the nation of Israel to spread consciousness of God worldwide. So, I would quote the Jeremiah 31:33 as one of those places, and leave it at that ...

I don't really want to derail this thread the aim of which is to let people know that the best investment they can make with their resources is on God. In serving God and God's purposes on earth.

2. I believe that nations that do this get blessed immensely; while nations that don't do it reap poverty and backwardness.

3. I live in country where a blind person can live independently; where a cripple can live independently. When they build roads, they build wheelchair facilities. Public buses have wheelchair lift, etc. People with the requisite consciousness of God designed such a nation. They may not be "churcheous", but they clearly were conscious of God.
1. I am more concerned about finding out how these claims you make of God aligns in fact with His own Word.

You claim the best investment people can make with their resources is with God. How is this claim of yours any different from what you many pastopreneurs have spewed in the name of God? undecided

2. Religion happens to be one of the biggest industries in Nigeria today with pastors, imams and mogs raking in 100's of billions of Naira each year by way of these best investments. So why does Nigeria remain a backward poverty riddle nation? undecided

3. I too live in such a country and God has nothing to do with what i see around me since the same God rules over all people of the world and His mercy He pures out to all peoples on the planet. So , are you somehow insinuating that people in Nigeria don't have this requisite consciousness of God you keep referring to but those who live in countries where God is mostly an afterthought, to the average person, do? undecided
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2022
michaelwestern:
I like this thread, you made some very true statements.

Every service and giving should be done out of love for God though. You can never serve God out of love and regret it. You will receive reward both on earth and in heaven.

Absolutely TRUE.
Nothing to add really.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am more concerned about finding out how these claims you make of God aligns in fact with His own Word.

You claim the best investment people can make with their resources is with God. How is this claim of yours any different from what you many pastopreneurs have spewed in the name of God? undecided

2. Religion happens to be one of the biggest industries in Nigeria today with pastors, imams and mogs raking in 100's of billions of Naira each year by way of these best investments. So why does Nigeria remain a backward poverty riddle nation? undecided

3. I too live in such a country and God has nothing to do with what i see around me since the same God rules over all people of the world and His mercy He pures out to all peoples on the planet. So , are you somehow insinuating that people in Nigeria don't have this requisite consciousness of God you keep referring to but those who live in countries where God is mostly an afterthought, to the average person, do? undecided

Responding to the bolded words first:

My message is different from those of the pastopreneurs because I emphasize loving your neighbor rather than loving your pastor with your money.
That is why I said earlier above that "The money part is a bit tricky because there are many thieves in religious places these days who deceive people." Please re-read it above!
I lean towards serving God with your PHYSICAL talents and skills: HANDS AND FEET AND SWEAT. Physical commitment and labor in God's "vineyard". By "vineyard" here, I mean THE EARTH - ALL OF IT!

As for religion, you should also note that I lean more towards SPIRITUALITY than RELIGION.

That is why I mentioned the instance of countries where the weakest members are considered in planning of public utilities in contrast with a religious country like Nigeria where people are shouting GOD GOD, but are evil to the core.
In Nigeria, they steal, kill and destroy all while shouting GOD.
Nigeria perhaps has the highest number of churches and mosques in the world, but we don't even have common electricity. grin

As for the foreign countries you are referring to, I do not agree that God is "an after thought" to them. They just don't demonstrate God consciousness in the way that you Nigerian would want. grin
But they are very much conscious of God. They may not "preach" it, but they "preach" it by ACTION, which is exactly what Jesus Christ wanted people to do.
You can never convince me that anybody who thinks about the weakest members of society is not conscious of God.
Jesus himself mentioned this when he said that a lot of people will make heaven even when they themselves did not know how they got there.
While a lot will go to hell while thinking that they deserve to be in heaven.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by elated177: 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2022
onumadu:

You are splitting hairs and simply trying to claim God all to yourself as if only you know his name.

God is more interested in your dealings (as in HOW YOU TREAT PEOPLE) than anything else.
Though God loves it when we love him, he really does not depend on our love. That is exactly what David the Psalmist was saying in Psalm 24: 1-2, and Psalm 50: 12. Jesus again told us that you cannot love God whom you do not see, if you can't love humans whom you see daily.

I see a lot of people saying that they love God, but when you get close you see all kinds of things they do that destroy other people.
That is why Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees "whited sepulcher".

They love to appear to everyone that they know God's laws, but they are full of wickedness and hate.

They almost stoned Jesus when Jesus quoted the Bible (Hosea 6:6) to them about God desiring MERCY over SACRIFICE.

Meaning that God is more interested in us showing mercy to our fellow human beings, than even our sacrifices to him. In other words, God REALLY values how we treat people over anything else.
That is the point of departure between Jesus and all the "holy" men of his day.
If you read the Talmud , you will see some of those things.

Jesus also demonstrated this point when he saved the woman caught in adultery. It is not that Jesus supported adultery or violation of God's law. NOPE! it is that he was more interested in teaching us the indispensable role of mercy in our demonstration of LOVE. He told the woman to "go and sin no more". So he did not support her. He simply showed her MERCY.

You can call God's name (which BTW are MANY), but if you cannot see God in your fellow human being, you are on the wrong road.

What is this one on about? I asked you very simple and direct questions that required simple and direct answers.

And he went on and on without answering the questions. You can't be reasoned with. I don't think you expected any kind of reaction from anyone when you opened this thread. Motivational speaking is different from the Good news of the Kingdom.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by Cordenify(m): 1:34am On Jun 12, 2022
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 1:56am On Jun 12, 2022
elated177:

What is this one on about? I asked you very simple and direct questions that required simple and direct answers.

And he went on and on without answering the questions. You can't be reasoned with. I don't think you expected any kind of reaction from anyone when you opened this thread. Motivational speaking is different from the Good news of the Kingdom.

This is what you said earlier that made me to say what I said:

This was after I had already answered the same question.
So, you where asking questions like the lawyer who tempted Jesus, prompting Jesus to give the parable of the good Samaritan.
That lawyer tempted Jesus by asking who his neighbor is. lol cheesy
Bros (if you are a man) please calm down. I only used your question to teach others about the truth of God.
Please no offense was intended.
BTW your questions are very much welcome and appreciated. smiley
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 2:22am On Jun 12, 2022
elated177:

Oga, if I remember right, the second law is LIKE or EQUAL to the first.

You sound as if it was only "The saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah " were commanded to love their neighbors.

Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

Matthew 22:40 "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”"

This is exactly why Jesus was wondering how one could love God whom they don't see while not loving neighbor who one sees daily.
To Jesus, the two laws are inseparable.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by elated177: 11:07am On Jun 12, 2022
onumadu:

Oga, if I remember right, the second law is LIKE or EQUAL to the first.

You sound as if it was only "The saints, servants and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah " were commanded to love their neighbors.

Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

Matthew 22:40 "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”"

This is exactly why Jesus was wondering how one could love God whom they don't see while not loving neighbor who one sees daily.
To Jesus, the two laws are inseparable.

There is no point doing this with you any more.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by elated177: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2022
onumadu:

This is what you said earlier that made me to say what I said:

This was after I had already answered the same question.
So, you where asking questions like the lawyer who tempted Jesus, prompting Jesus to give the parable of the good Samaritan.
That lawyer tempted Jesus by asking who his neighbor is. lol cheesy
Bros (if you are a man) please calm down. I only used your question to teach others about the truth of God.
Please no offense was intended.
BTW your questions are very much welcome and appreciated. smiley

What truth did you teach? You haven't really said anything. You are just going on and on about parables --- parables that you probably do not even comprehend. The whole premise of your thread was thrashed - totally annihilated - from the beginning. You are just trying to cover up. Sorry!

Just go and read from the beginning of this thread of yours and see what has transpired so far.

Again, there is a difference between motivational speaking and preaching/sharing the Word of YHVH Almighty and the Testimony of Yahushua the Messiah.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
elated177:

What truth did you teach? You haven't really said anything. You are just going on and on about parables --- parables that you probably do not even comprehend. The whole premise of your thread was thrashed - totally annihilated - from the beginning. You are just trying to cover up. Sorry!

Just go and read from the beginning of this thread of yours and see what has transpired so far.

Again, there is a difference between motivational speaking and preaching/sharing the Word of YHVH Almighty and the Testimony of Yahushua the Messiah.

Clearly you are not interested in the message of the thread.
You are only interested in attacking the messenger. lol
Again, go and read your posts from the beginning.
The message is very simple and has been conveyed.
True lovers of God have already taken note and moved on, but you are here pugnaciously accusing the messenger.
What is "motivational speaking" about telling people that is pays to serve God in some physical capacity?
You sound so much like a Pharisee of Jesus' era! shocked
You need to go and study the character of the people who hated Jesus for healing a man with a withered hand on a Sabbath day!
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
elated177:

There is no point doing this with you any more.

Exactly! There is no point dividing two laws that are indivisible!

The reason that religion has caused a lot of carnage on this earth is because people abuse people "for God", or "in the name of God".

The Pharisees of Jesus day almost stoned him when he asked to go and find out what Hosea: 6:6 meant.
He gave them that quote because they were condemning him for allowing his disciples to harvest corn on a Sabbath day!

If Jesus were to come in disguise today, majority of so called "Christians" will call him all sorts of names. lol

People like me are determined to save that original message of Jesus Christ.

And if it takes "motivational speaking", so be it. cool
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by elated177: 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
onumadu:

Exactly! There is no point dividing two laws that are indivisible!

The reason that religion has caused a lot of carnage on this earth is because people abuse people "for God", or "in the name of God".

The Pharisees of Jesus day almost stoned him when he asked to go and find out what Hosea: 6:6 meant.
He gave them that quote because they were condemning him for allowing his disciples to harvest corn on a Sabbath day!

If Jesus were to come in disguise today, majority of so called "Christians" will call him all sorts of names. lol

People like me are determined to save that original message of Jesus Christ.

And if it takes "motivational speaking", so be it. cool

Mtcheeeeew! Keep trying to cover up. Again, sorry!

YHVH Almighty knows his saints, servants and messengers.

What has transpired here is open for all to see.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by elated177: 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
onumadu:

Clearly you are not interested in the message of the thread.
You are only interested in attacking the messenger. lol
Again, go and read your posts from the beginning.
The message is very simple and has been conveyed.
True lovers of God have already taken note and moved on, but you are here pugnaciously accusing the messenger.
What is "motivational speaking" about telling people that is pays to serve God in some physical capacity?
You sound so much like a Pharisee of Jesus' era! shocked
You need to go and study the character of the people who hated Jesus for healing a man with a withered hand on a Sabbath day!

He ended up not saying anything.
Mtcheeeeew! Keep trying to cover up. Sorry o!

Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 2:49am On Jun 13, 2022
elated177:

He ended up not saying anything.
Mtcheeeeew! Keep trying to cover up. Sorry o!

The spirit in you is old. It was around during Jesus's time.
It was the same spirit that incited scribes and pharisees into accusing Jesus of casting out demons by the prince of demons.
Imagine how you somehow changed a simple message of call to service to God into a pugnacious detective project. cry
@"Keep trying to cover up".
You essentially polluted this thread with your negativity, while pretending to know God's name and keep harping on it.
YHVH is HEBREW. God is too HUGE to be confined to one language.
That is why even his Hebrew name that you keep dropping means "I AM THAT I AM". In Igbo God's name is CHUKWU. Some Igbo call God "Amamaamasiamasi". And they are still correct!
I will not allow you to bottle the Most High creator of all things. He created ALL languages and inspired ALL of them to have a name for HIM.
You will not succeed in destroying the essence of the message in the original post.
I remain here to defend it to any length.
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by elated177: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2022
onumadu:

The spirit is you is old. It was around during Jesus's time.
It was the same spirit that incited scribes and pharisees into accusing Jesus of casting out demons by the prince of demons.
Imagine how you somehow changed a simple message of call to service to God into a pugnacious detective project. cry
@"Keep trying to cover up".
You essentially polluted this thread with your negativity, while pretending to know God's name and keep harping on it.
YHVH is HEBREW. God is too HUGE to be confined to one language.
That is why even his Hebrew name that you keep dropping means "I AM THAT I AM". In Igbo God's name is CHUKWU. Some Igbo call God "Amamaamasiamasi". And they are still correct!
I will not allow you to bottle the Most High creator of all things. He created ALL languages and inspired ALL of them to have a name for HIM.
You will not succeed in destroying the essence of the message in the original post.
I remain here to defend it to any length.

Straw man. Ihe efu!
Re: God’s Bond: Why You Really Need To Work For God In Some Capacity by onumadu: 3:05am On Jun 14, 2022
elated177:

Straw man. Ihe efu!

See, here you go again TROLLING a messenger of God.
What is my crime for just sharing an opinion - a message that people should serve God in some physical capacity?
Do you know for how long God has pushed me to do this, and I kept hesitating and postponing it?
If you remotely have any idea of what God is, or how he operates, you wouldn't be trolling this thread.
In fact if you remotely have the spirit of God in you, you would NEVER be a troll of any kind, NO MATTER WHAT. lol
Anyway like I said earlier, I'm here, dug in. cool

(1) (Reply)

Are all Scriptures God-breathed or Simply Human thoughts or a Blended mix? / How Atheism Destroys Born Again Christians / Fast And Pray For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.