Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency (23542 Views)

Man Jailed 2 Years Because Conductor Absconded With Bus (Video) / Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) / Nigerian-born UK City Trader Jailed For Attempting To Run Over His Creditor (pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by AbuAeesha: 9:22am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:
What a stupid judgement. This will encourage me people to go into fraud. I defaud people of N20 million I get 2 years prison sentence or an option to pay just N2.million fine ? Do I get a profit of N18 million?

Wow what a useless judge... She should be suspended
be calming down bfr u comment
“The defendant is hereby given one year to make restitution
of N20 million to his victim,” the judge said.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by pacespot(m): 9:35am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:
What a stupid judgement. This will encourage me people to go into fraud. I defaud people of N20 million I get 2 years prison sentence or an option to pay just N2.million fine ? Do I get a profit of N18 million?

Those charges are in addition to making refund to the person scammed.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Ifakiland(m): 9:36am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Ode read you won't read, he's to pay back the 20m within a year....dullard
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Perspicacity: 9:45am On Jun 11, 2022
robinso01:

Modified: missed the part where she said he must pay back the 20 million within 1 year.
He was in too much hurry to criticize and condemn
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by ccollins(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2022
subsidywise18:

That is why you must contact your lawmakers to make stricter laws against such crimes

Judges can only rule as the law bids them to. If the judge had sentenced him to life in jail, the thiefs lawyer would have had good grounds to wage a successful appeal since the original sentence was not according to the letter of the law.

why would you insult a lawyer who is only doing his job. Are u a lunatic

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Chris2863(m): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2022
robinso01:

Modified: missed the part where she said he must pay back the 20 million within 1 year.
Missed or that you were quick to comment?

Always read carefully biko
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Penywise(m): 10:24am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

He was given one year to pay back 20M to the guy
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by lagosrd: 10:34am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

SHUT UP

Hummmm potential.......
I know you won't listen and I won't comment in it again. You eye will clear soon. Untrained child.

If you know you're stubborn just go and search the Judge's name and quote her judgement here on NL and repeat all those trash you posted earlier if you won't become a subject of discussion here on NL
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Lewisdinho(m): 10:56am On Jun 11, 2022
robinso01:

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by mrbass18: 11:16am On Jun 11, 2022
You are dumb and blind as Bleep ..you see you don't read to understand you only read to read and spit thrash the court told him to pay 2 million and then have to pay back the 20million within one year to as well is a double combo and again 2 years jail term
Read to understand pls it will help you
Kingozymandias:

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by lolu2019: 11:29am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

baba first to comment.u still carry 40likes join body.na dis kind people plenty for newspaper stand.na dem,atikulate people.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by johnfem321: 11:37am On Jun 11, 2022
Did you miss the part where the judge said the prosecution can’t prove he defrauded the victim.. he probably honestly help someone invest in crypto and the stuff crashed or made a bad trade.. he also has to pay back the 20Million.
Kingozymandias:

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:48am On Jun 11, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

When they say make una read una no go gree. The judge also ordered him to pay restitution of the total 20m defrauded in 1yr.

Which means whatever is left will first be taken and payment arrangements/agreement on balance.

Iswear! Baba just breezed through and came up with some hasty conclusions.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by robinso01(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2022
Chris2863:

Missed or that you were quick to comment?

Always read carefully biko

All of the above grin
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Bigfish121(m): 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
Omo assuming restitution nor dey that judgement,I for say na rubbish judgement.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Edoziesmart(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
robinfemi:
There is difference between reading and understanding. You will learn that on nairaland in comment's section cheesy cheesy grin
I'm telling you.
So many educated illiterate here who can't comprehend simple sentences here.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by zedegit: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

English is not your mate. Didn't you see where they ordered him to pay back the 20 million to his victims within 1 year.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by PetroDolla2020: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2022
stop this crap!
brosom54:
I hardly help people broadcast but I think the forum is great. Kudos to Ghanaians
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by ufotunang: 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2022
That is why all this forex and crytocurrency investment they normally disturb me online for me to invest my money.. I do not answer them..I ignore them or blast them... because I know many of them are scammers and fake
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by millionboi(m): 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

he was asked to refund his victim
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by femiasaolu2014: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Werey

Shut up

A sensible person would have taken the criticism as a gift.

However you are not a sensible person.

So continue being you.

Life will jam you for front
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by femiasaolu2014: 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
almarthins:

I tell you!
The man just cash out just like that

Fellow illiterate.

What are you "telling" your brother who reads but can't understand like you?

The blind leading the blind. Na ditch Una dey go so
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

The fine is in addition to restitution of the 20M. Read carefully.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by almarthins(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
femiasaolu2014:

Fellow illiterate.

What are you "telling" your brother who reads but can't understand like you?

The blind leading the blind. Na ditch Una dey go so

Have you been to a court before?
Judge will pass a judgement like this lopsided type which gives room for the defendant to excape.

Where d judge missfire na when he call crypto punzi scheme. E shock me like what is this judge saying?
The same way they have bn giving judgement that never produce results, making a good thief get bolder.

"U say make him pay small money to xcape imprisonment and pay all the debt he owes "

Two years wey d judge give d man is too small. Whether u believe am or not the guy just cash out because the money will never be recovered. Judge just talk, e no go back am up with any thing.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by femiasaolu2014: 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
almarthins:

Have you been to a court before?
Judge will pass a judgement like this lopsided type which gives room for the defendant to excape.

Where d judge missfire na when he call crypto punzi scheme. E shock me like what is this judge saying?
The same way they have bn giving judgement that never produce results, making a good thief get bolder.

"U say make him pay small money to xcape imprisonment and pay all the debt he owes "

Two years wey d judge give d man is too small. Whether u believe am or not the guy just cash out because the money will never be recovered. Judge just talk, e no go back am up with any thing.

Seen but not read.

You really are an illiterate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Tundex911: 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
Shola Henry

Igbo Amaka con dey hide face under Yorubawa people
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by almarthins(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
femiasaolu2014:

Seen but not read.

You really are an illiterate

I read everything - it was nothing different from sm cases I had experience in the past 10yrs. Atleast, I can recount 2 significant cases, I wasnt directly involved but I was a friend to those were directly affected.

We re good at theoretical nonsense in this Nigeria. The judge gave judgement which will be far from execution. Technically speaking the judgement is not well served. I will not call you an illiterate, but you re not far from knowledge.

I will point two things to you, why I think the defendant have cashed out:
1. The judgement was he go for two years or pay 2million fine - now that is an excape route for the guy. If he pays the fine and promised to pay up 20m in one year. He will vanish and no body will be able to trace him. Let's not forget that Nigeria always talk but never do.

2.the company was asked to pay 1m as fine- judgement should have held the company more responsible which would have enable swift or timely debt recovery. Once the company pay the fine, they go back to their nest and nurse their wound. Consequently, sack the offender. How will he be able to pay the debt?
Though it was not established in the report that defendant owns the company.

Except the complainant get serious backings, the defendant go excape. And nothing will happen, the only thing people like you will do is to call "Nigeria, a failed experiment or state" and call me an "illiterate".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara Fraudster Swapped Old Man’s ATM Card, Withdraws ₦‎1.8 Million / Police Stray Bullet Kills Man Sending Money Via POS To Wife / Police Apprehend Notorious Toy Gun Robbery Suspect In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.