Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency (23552 Views)

Man Jailed 2 Years Because Conductor Absconded With Bus (Video) / Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) / Nigerian-born UK City Trader Jailed For Attempting To Run Over His Creditor (pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Jahzrockballer(m): 7:38am On Jun 11, 2022
Okay
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Dididrumz(m): 7:38am On Jun 11, 2022
sad
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by integrity16(m): 7:38am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:
What a stupid judgement. This will encourage me people to go into fraud. I defaud people of N20 million I get 2 years prison sentence or an option to pay just N2.million fine ? Do I get a profit of N18 million?

Wow what a useless judge... She should be suspended

That's not a stupid judgement na, didn't you read the part that says he should restitute 20 million apart from 2million personal fine and 1million corporate fine to be paid by his company??

Now because you didn't read the judgement properly, you are already Insulting the judge calling her useless. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by robinso01(m): 7:38am On Jun 11, 2022
mercyymai:

You didn't read where she said he must pay back the 20 million within 1 year?

"The defendant is hereby given one year to make restitution of N20 million to his victim,” the judge said."

Perhaps I missed the part indeed.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:40am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:
What a stupid judgement. This will encourage me people to go into fraud. I defaud people of N20 million I get 2 years prison sentence or an option to pay just N2.million fine ? Do I get a profit of N18 million?

Mumu potential frausdster, read the story well before going to emulate him.

He was given 1yr to refund the 20million, plus the 3million fine.

He will spend a total of 23million with an indelible stain on his reputation.

2 Likes

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

I wonder if you can read at all

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Hubeznigeria(m): 7:41am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Did you not read that he was given one year to make restitution to his victim?

2 Likes

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Jmichael1(m): 7:43am On Jun 11, 2022
robinfemi:
There is difference between reading and understanding. You will learn that on nairaland in comment's section cheesy cheesy grin

i swear....

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by redcliff: 7:44am On Jun 11, 2022
which kine mumu judiciary be this? crypto currency and FOREX no be the same thing. which one gan gan he put money inside?

2 Likes

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:45am On Jun 11, 2022
Anonanon:

I wonder if you can read understand at all

Some can read but don’t understand
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Lucymercy: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Kingozymandias:

Oga please slow down you never read the story finish.

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by ArewaNightmare: 7:47am On Jun 11, 2022
angry
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by article1: 7:47am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Kindly go through the judgement again, the accused was asked to pay the sum of N2m to the complainant and another N1m by his Company and then make sure he pays him the total sum of N20m he invested into the alleged business within one year. So, he's refunding a total of N23m to the complainant.

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by femiasaolu2014: 7:50am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Go to school, you lot won't.
Go to school, you skip classes.
Go to school, you fail to develop comprehension skills.

It's clearly stated that he is to either go to the gaols for 2 years or an option of #2m fine. His company was also fined #1m and he is to make a restitution of #20m to the victims.

So Mr mathematician,
Where is the #18m profit coming from?

I can swear that someone like you voted Bihari twice. You clearly think like him, sorry, you don't even think at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by almarthins(m): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

I tell you!
The man just cash out just like that
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by femiasaolu2014: 7:52am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

I swear she is a useless judge and should be arrested. judges like this should never be allowed in a court room.

These are the people who have ruined our judiciary for how much bribe? He can't have bribed her more than 2 million naira for this nomsensiical udgement

Read!!!

Read slowly!!!

Read to comprehend!!!

There is no prize for first to comment!!!

Read to prevent public gaffes like this!!!

Read!!!

2 Likes

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by temitope27(m): 7:53am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

u no fit read? He was told to refund the money as well

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Sarsaproko: 7:53am On Jun 11, 2022
Him don collect wotowoto
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Lexusgs430: 7:54am On Jun 11, 2022
Shola Henry ......... This was the beginning of the deception.. ........... grin cheesy
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by brosom54: 7:55am On Jun 11, 2022
I hardly help people broadcast but I think the forum is great. Kudos to Ghanaians
ghanaman505099: This is the best site for any Nigerian who wants to connect to Ghana

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Ghodanz(m): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2022
There's a clause there for restitution within a year. That's repayment and if he fails, he will continue to stay in prison until restitution is made or court may decide to seize his property, sell it and repay the victim.

Kingozymandias:

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by mohims(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

I guess you didn't read the judgment well. He will have to return the 20M within a year.

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by HeavenVGate: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Ode! You rushed to comment when your sense wasn't settled. He has a year to refound the 20m that's he is now gonna loss 3m

2 Likes

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by juman(m): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2022
Rule of life is if you are greedy, you would likely be defrauded.
Use your sense, quick and big profit is fake.

Bigger punishment is require on this kind of crime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by MrCuteking(m): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2022
Fake forex trader.

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by lagosrd: 8:02am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

You need to be taught a lesson. You also need to take classes about insulting a legal ruling and the judge.

Meanwhile, if you're charged and asked to read the judgment all over again, I am sure that you will have no choice than to be sober and say sorry which unfortunately will be too late.

Read the later part of the judgement which favours in the complainant in the next 365 days.

So jumping to conclusions without proper reading will cost you dearly someday. Please desist in your own interest.

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Teenaira: 8:03am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

This are punishment apart from the refund of the N 20 million within a year to the owner. You are right anyway that the punishment is not stringent enough.

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Reference(m): 8:03am On Jun 11, 2022
mercyymai:

You didn't read where she said he must pay back the 20 million within 1 year?

"The defendant is hereby given one year to make restitution of N20 million to his victim,” the judge said."

And how is he going to do that. And after paying the Court"s fine of 2 mill aka bail, what stops him from disappearing into thin air at the least.

The details is what matters in any judgement and the Court should be specific about how its pronouncements are executed.

One of the reasons for harsher punishments in other climes is the impossibility of exacting recompense.

You release a fraudster into society to return money is like giving an arsonist a box of matches and a can of gasoline... kindergarten judgement in my opinion and ho do I know this....

Her first statement and I quote: '... that cryptocurrency business is a Ponzi scheme...'. A learned judge actually said this.

2 Likes

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by favour32(m): 8:04am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Rush to comment nor dey give credit alert....if you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Bluffly: 8:04am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:

How many years have those that stole your future in trillions of Naira been jailed? Anyways all need to be condemned extremely.
Re: Shola Henry: FOREX Trader Jailed 2 Years For Stealing ₦20m Cryptocurrency by Cleanworld(f): 8:10am On Jun 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:
What a stupid judgement. This will encourage ''me'' people to go into fraud. I defaud people of N20 million I get 2 years prison sentence or an option to pay just N2.million fine ? Do ''I''get a profit of N18 million?

Say you too wan do. Case different ooo. i pity you. grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Order SARS to Pay Pastor N10m for Unlawful Arrest, See What They did Nex(p / Kwara Fraudster Swapped Old Man’s ATM Card, Withdraws ₦‎1.8 Million / Police Stray Bullet Kills Man Sending Money Via POS To Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.