Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues (3765 Views)

Toyota AC Compressor / Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual / The Current Prices Of Corolla AC Compressor And Condenser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 6:46am On Jun 15, 2022
olumzzz:

We can't leave him with his folly o.
We need people like him here.
OP said he bought car brand new and has not touched the AC beforehand, but bros dey talk about him campaign on freon.
Now campaign go shift to oyel.
Then to sienna wey him wan containerize.
Dru23 give us another lamba, all these don become stale

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 6:53am On Jun 15, 2022
diportivo:

u are patient trying to school that one that doesn't know anything

poster already wrote that the vehicle was bought brand new....what else is there to say?

leave him with his folly.....2017 don turn 2007 in context

he's even busy justifying his claim.by saying engine prices have gone up......engine wey be say na since time immemorial e don dey cause headache

e ku suru o.......iru yi ni naija yi need as agbomola grin

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by alphabbey1(m): 8:25am On Jun 15, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Minimum AC repair quote ₦800,000
I believe you boss. That's how Elizade (Toyota care centre) quoted 700k for my friend using RX 350.
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by zabimaru: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2022
dru23:

Expensive how? It is 2017 model, when you compare it to other cars in the same category , it is not expensive that that the owner will have to junk the car ........

If the car is well maintain and all the necessary fluids are used the engine and transmission will last a long time ... That will be is least of his problems ......

Now the compressor is talking about I can get a brand new OEM at the same price range of a Toyota Corolla of the same year.. Funny enough it might be a bit cheaper......
But I no longer take special orders from customers anymore..... And I was not trying to compare my Elantra 2007 to the 2017 accent ....... What am saying is Hyundai engine are generally very strong...

my point is if the engine is maintain , you will not have to worry about engine cost .. That will be the least of the owner's problem....

We can't verify who u are truly .. We don't know what experience you have in Auto business, we don't even know if you have a car.. We can't verify your resume or even contact you

We don't know nothing about u. For all we know u could be a 13year old boy trolling the forum .. So it will be hard to take you serious ......

In my case people can look up my resume and see all the work have done and contribution have made. People have contacted me .......but we can't say the same for you

Below is a 2013 Hyundai that was a closed deal ....i talk the talk and walk the walk ..........my experience speaks for itself

For an adult, you type like you have serious issues with your mental health.
I'm hoping you talk different.

There's already a discussion train and someone made a statement as to the cost of the engine in relation to the required maintenance levels. This statement required no validation whatsoever or criticism but out of the blues, you pop out as usual with seemingly useless points to invalidate the statement; your major point being you used an earlier version of the same car and the engine was inexpensive. Any sane person will see that there's a major problem with your thought process, you don't even need psychiatric evaluation, you have a problem.

It's not about being an adult or arriving or going far in life, it's about how much of a problem you can pose to the society if your situation degenerates beyond redemption.

Now look at this your statement about Compressor, review and revalidate how and where this is required in your rebuttal to my post.

If by now you don't know you have a problem, then you are unsalvageable and irredeemable.

7 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by zabimaru: 10:49am On Jun 15, 2022
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 10:50am On Jun 15, 2022
zabimaru:

For an adult, you type like you have serious issues with your mental health.
I'm hoping you talk different.

There's already a discussion train and someone made a statement as to the cost of the engine in relation to the required maintenance levels, this statement required no validation whatsoever or criticism. Out of the blues, you pop out as usual with seemingly useless points to invalidate the statement; your major point being you used an earlier version of the same car and the engine was inexpensive. Any sane person will see that there's a major problem with your thought process, you don't even need psychiatric evaluation, you have a problem.

It's not about being an adult or arriving or going far in life, it's about how much of a problem you can pose to the society if your situation degenerates beyond redemption.

Now look at this your statement about Compressor, review and revalidate how and where this is required in your rebuttal to my post.

If by now you don't know you have a problem, then you are unsalvageable and irredeemable.

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by zabimaru: 10:51am On Jun 15, 2022
dru23:

If and when you decide to repair yourself, you have the phone number.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2022
zabimaru:

If and when you decide to repair yourself, you have the phone number.

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by zabimaru: 11:07am On Jun 15, 2022
dru23:

What happened to the "white powder" you conspicuously hid in the "pigeon hole" of the car you rented to one of your drivers in a bid to implicate him?

The internet never forgets Bro, you need help. Use that phone number today, tomorrow might be too late!.
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by zabimaru: 11:13am On Jun 15, 2022
Dru let's not derail this thread please. Do the needful.

@op
Follow recommendations by Gazzuz. Although he is touted as the Google mechanic, he has been above average in all metrics including customer experience and satisfaction.

I'd suggest you go with the OEM rebuild (option 1) if money is not a problem. If money is, then go with the 3rd suggestion by Gazzuz.
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 11:20am On Jun 15, 2022
zabimaru:

What happened to the "white powder" you conspicuously hid in the "pigeon hole" of the car you rented to one of your drivers in a bid to implicate him?

The internet never forgets Bro, you need help. Use that phone number today, tomorrow might be too late!.

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Blessingonye: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
Thank you all for your contribution. I appreciate.

I actually called a friend who works in Stallion motors and he gave me a contact of one of their technician.

The guy visited my house, looked at the construction the Kazeem did and told me in the long run it may have an effect on the engine as already postulate. Be he said I could drive the car like that for like 4 months till like November, while I save up to change the compressor and all the welded pipes. He gave a budget of N250k for the compressor.

BTW, if anyone has a better option on price for the compressor I am open to look at it. I stay in Lagos but can pay delivery if the price is better. I no be Cubana oh. Make una help me get better deal. Peace.
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:43am On Jun 16, 2022
Blessingonye:
Thank you all for your contribution. I appreciate.

I actually called a friend who works in Stallion motors and he gave me a contact of one of their technician.

The guy visited my house, looked at the construction the Kazeem did and told me in the long run it may have an effect on the engine as already postulate. Be he said I could drive the car like that for like 4 months till like November, while I save up to change the compressor and all the welded pipes. He gave a budget of N250k for the compressor.

BTW, if anyone has a better option on price for the compressor I am open to look at it. I stay in Lagos but can pay delivery if the price is better. I no be Cubana oh. Make una help me get better deal. Peace.

The gods told him? Or he calculated it based on scientific means.

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by olumzzz(m): 9:15am On Jun 16, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Mechos are now soothsayers.
Gazzuzz pls my car is almost due for oil change and I don't have money now.
How long should I drive the car to save up money for the oil?
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Blessingonye: 10:32am On Jun 16, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

I do not know how he arrived at that oh. But he seemed like a professional and knew what he was saying. I would not use it for that long but at least it gives me sometime to save for the fix. Thank you
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 10:47am On Jun 16, 2022
[quote author=Blessingonye post=113755931][/quote]

I asked you earlier if your accent was a USA spec ... I didn't get a response ......

But after digging , I found out that it is not a USA spec .. It seems you bought it in Nigeria via Dana Motors.......

The USA spec is mainly a 1.6liter engine , very reliable and strong engine ....... While urs is a 1.4liter engine those engines are design for 3rd world market in my humble opinion .........

So in essence if I do end up buying the compressor from the USA it might not fit your spec ...........

For future reference when buying cars ... Always try sticking to USA spec .. They are usually built better and last longer .....
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2022
dru23:

I asked you earlier if your accent was a USA spec ... I didn't get a response ......

But after digging , I found out that it is not a USA spec .. It seems you bought it in Nigeria via Dana Motors.......

The USA spec is mainly a 1.6liter engine , very reliable and strong engine ....... While urs is a 1.4liter engine those engines are design for 3rd world market in my humble opinion .........

So in essence if I do end up buying the compressor from the USA it might not fit your spec ...........

For future reference when buying cars ... Always try sticking to USA spec .. They are usually built better and last longer .....

Ever heard of JDM?

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by kingreign(m): 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Ever heard of JDM?
No he hasn’t. Neither has he heard of EDM.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by seunoj: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Ever heard of JDM?

Na home work be this one
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by aieromon(m): 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2022
dru23:

The USA spec is mainly a 1.6liter engine , very reliable and strong engine ....... While urs is a 1.4liter engine those engines are design for 3rd world market in my humble opinion

Learn, unlearn and relearn bro lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
aieromon:

Learn, unlearn and relearn bro lipsrsealed

When buying a car proper research and reviews needs to be done.......

The USA spec 2017 Hyundai accent upwards does not come with a 1.4liter engine ........ It comes with a 1.6liter engine . which is pretty reliable .........

Plz do your research and read with an open mind ......

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Ever heard of JDM?

USA spec cars has better safety features... And yes have heard of them ..... I believe the JDM engine are the ones more than likely are sold by Dana Motors......

Now the reliability of the USA spec engine is actually above average.. What else do u want from a car , plus safety is included ..............

Most of these Hyundai sold by Dana Motors in Nigeria will not pass the USA safety test..

Now back to the guy looking for a compressor .. If I decide to get him a a/c compressor brand new from the USA . chances are it might not be compatible or fit properly with his 1.4liter engine .....

Now from experience few years ago .. A customer requested for an a/c compressor for her 2014 hyundai Tucson .. She bought the car brand new in Nigeria from Dana Motors.........
We had to match the compressor part number to the ones in the USA.. Once the part was ordered the only issue was that the compressor could nit fit properly .. A mechanic had to construct additional space for the compressor to fit properly.........

Keep in mind same car , same year, but different engine

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by aieromon(m): 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2022
dru23:

USA spec cars has better safety features... And yes have heard of them ..... I believe the JDM engine are the ones more than likely are sold by Dana Motors......

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by 9icetoo(m): 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
dru23:

Now the reliability of the USA spec engine is actually above average.. What else do u want from a car , plus safety is included ..............

Most of these Hyundai sold by Dana Motors in Nigeria will not pass the USA safety test..

Now back to the guy looking for a compressor .. If I decide to get him a a/c compressor brand new from the USA . chances are it might not be compatible or fit properly with his 1.4liter engine .....

Now from experience few years ago .. A customer requested for an a/c compressor for her 2014 hyundai Tucson .. She bought the car brand new in Nigeria from Dana Motors.........
We had to match the compressor part number to the ones in the USA.. Once the part was ordered the only issue was that the compressor could nit fit properly .. A mechanic had to construct additional space for the compressor to fit properly.........

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by zabimaru: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
dru23:

Hahahahahahaha, Bro, you naive AF.
Thought it was just a glitch

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by zabimaru: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
aieromon:

What's more shocking is he actually was an automobile parts boy for the JDM
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Mrford(m): 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
ehmmy11:

let that mechanic remove that manual compressor with the speed of light don't turn it on your way to his workshop... insist he remove and replace with the old factory unit and remove any nonsense fabrications he made there ... sir you are playing a very dangerous game with ur engine

Hyundai service center look for it and get the quote get your AC fixed by them pls, forget about ordering online who will fix it ? Same ancient mechanic? Abeg don't be penny wise pound foolish

Hyundai service centre's are not exempted from the Auto-manual disease. They did it on one of my client's 2012 accent before he met me.

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by Blessingonye: 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
dru23:

As you may have guessed, I did not buy the car. It's an Official vehicle. How do I know the exact part number for the compressor.

Attached is the sticker on the bad compressor.

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by ehmmy11(m): 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mrford:

Hyundai service centre's are not exempted from the Auto-manual disease. They did it on one of my client's 2012 accent before he met me.

Damn he should have sued them shocked
Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
Blessingonye:

As you may have guessed, I did not buy the car. It's an Official vehicle. How do I know the exact part number for the compressor.

Attached is the sticker on the bad compressor.

Below is the USA version..... The part number is very clear (pic) 1.......

Yours pic (2) ..... It is not very clear at all .. Try and match the exact part number to (pic 1)

Since yours is not USA spec .. The USA spec might not sit up well in the engine base ... The space might be too tight to sit .......

Like I said early on with a Hyundai Tucson that was bought brand new in Nigeria .... We were able to get a USA spec ... But when it was time to replace with the Nigerian bought Tucson , the space was too tight and the mechanic had to construct a space for it .. It worked well ..........

If you are willing to do it and give it a try . I can get it shipped for you under 200k ... I will be loading again in two weeks time ........

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by dru23(m): 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
zabimaru:

Hahahahahahaha, Bro, you naive AF.
Thought it was just a glitch

grin grin

We are looking for distributors ... Kindly hit me up if you are interested......

Hopefully this will give you something to do and keep your trolling ass busy grin

Re: Hyundai Accent 1.4liter AC Compressor Issues by zabimaru: 7:03am On Jun 17, 2022
dru23:

We are looking for distributors ... Kindly hit me up if you are interested......

Hopefully this will give you something to do and keep your trolling ass busy grin

I have a great job thanks.

Have you paid that your ex-driver his complete money btw? You cannot be this great a man as you claim and be owing someone change and then because you couldn't keep up, you decided to place your very own strain of "powder" in the vehicle to try and implicate him. Oni Gbese, Andru the substance user.

Even the job you said you know how to do, you are just as naive as an okada rider in the cockpit of a fighter jet.
JDM, jonzing "coke" user says it's DANA

grin

You will do better as a Bell boy in a hotel, trust me!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s New Auto Policy Drops import By 20% / DIY: Replacing Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 On A V6 1998 Camry / Please Advice Me On The Car To Get With 1.5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.