Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,363 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? (1354 Views)

Is Using VPN A Crime? / Who Is Using Mobileadpilot / How To Easily Scan For And Remove Spyware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Ovo200: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2022
The spyware DSS is using is probably PEGASUS
It's the spyware that was used to track Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday igboho and many other.
Pegasus is spyware developed by the Israeli cyber-arms company NSO Group that can be covertly installed on mobile phones (and other devices) running most versions of iOS and Android. Pegasus is able to exploit iOS versions up to 14.6, through a zero-click exploit.

Just know that no one is safe from pagasus

Once Pegasus installs itself on user devices, it transmits their data, activities, and internet usage to the attacker. It can also intercept communications made using the infected device, track its location, and spy on its user through the camera and microphone of the device.

This is the little we know about pegasus imagine what we don't know.
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by airsaylongcome: 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
You know this for a fact or you are speculating?
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Ovo200: 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
airsaylongcome:
You know this for a fact or you are speculating?

Not 100% sure
But I have sources that says it's been used by government secret police around the world
Even used by FBI, CIA and the Saudi government

1 Like

Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ovo200:
The spyware DSS is using is probably PEGASUS
It's the spyware that was used to track Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday igboho and many other.
Pegasus is spyware developed by the Israeli cyber-arms company NSO Group that can be covertly installed on mobile phones (and other devices) running most versions of iOS and Android. Pegasus is able to exploit iOS versions up to 14.6, through a zero-click exploit.

Just know that no one is safe from pagasus

Once Pegasus installs itself on user devices, it transmits their data, activities, and internet usage to the attacker. It can also intercept communications made using the infected device, track its location, and spy on its user through the camera and microphone of the device.

This is the little we know about pegasus imagine what we don't know.

So it can be installed remotely?

Most of this Wanted men use old phones and phones without internet for communication
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by airsaylongcome: 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ovo200:

Not 100% sure
But I have sources that says it's been used by government secret police around the world

So I see that the title of the thread has been changed from "This is the Spyware DSS is using" to "Is this the Spyware DSS is using". So I'm going to let it slide.

I don't know that the Feds and the CIA use Pegasus. But the Saudi almost definitely used it. Possible that our secret police also use it
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Ovo200: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So I see that the title of the thread has been changed from "This is the Spyware DSS is using" to "Is this the Spyware DSS is using". So I'm going to let it slide.

I don't know that the Feds and the CIA use Pegasus. But the Saudi almost definitely used it. Possible that our secret police also use it

It's not sold to any ordinary person it's been sold to Government, even Germany police secretly purchased pergasus

It's was pegasus that was used to track and arrest El chapo that Mexican drug lord.
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by airsaylongcome: 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ovo200:

It's not sold to any ordinary person it's been sold to Government, even Germany police secretly purchased pergasus

It's was pegasus that was used to track and arrest El chapo that Mexican drug lord.

You know for a fact that it was Pegasus that was used to arrest El Chapo or you are speculating?

And it sounds like you are just getting to know of Pegasus and NSO

2 Likes

Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Ovo200: 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You know for a fact that it was Pegasus that was used to arrest El Chapo or you are speculating?

And it sounds like you are just getting to know of Pegasus and NSO

Know that for a fact( from a documentary)

Just knew some days ago

Israeli are cyber lord

Imagine what we don't know

1 Like

Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by aronski(m): 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
Ovo200:

Know that for a fact( from a documentary)

Just knew some days ago

Israeli are cyber lord

Imagine what we don't know

Israel is damn fucking good when it comes to tech...

Am going to do more research on this pegasus too
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by RepoMan007: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
It was also used by crown prince of SA to breach Jeff beezoss' phone. It is one of the best if not the undisputed best.
With Pegasus, BH and ISWAP can be crushed in one month but our govt is more interested about protest against bad governance. That's why they always have Intel for peaceful protest going awry but never on terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by RepoMan007: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
aronski:

Israel is damn fucking good when it comes to tech...

Am going to do more research on this pegasus too
can you afford millions of dollars? It is that expensive and not a one man software.
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by aronski(m): 7:03pm On Jun 12, 2022
RepoMan007:
can you afford millions of dollars? It is that expensive and not a one man software.

Chill! I didn't say am going to buy it but research to know more about it
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Ovo200: 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
RepoMan007:
It was also used by crown prince of SA to breach Jeff beezoss' phone. It is one of the best if not the undisputed best.
With Pegasus, BH and ISWAP can be crushed in one month but our govt is more interested about protest against bad governance. That's why they always have Intel for peaceful protest going awry but never on terrorism.

That was how I got to know about pegasus
DSS have all the Intel about BH, ISWAP, bandit, unknown gunmen but this terrorist organisation are tools in the hand of Buhari led administration

The company that sold Pegasus to DSS basically created Pegasus just to track terrorist.
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Ovo200: 11:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
RepoMan007:

It's only sold to Government not individuals.
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Ovo200: 12:00am On Jun 13, 2022
aronski:

Chill! I didn't say am going to buy it but research to know more about it

Do
So you know more about what's going around you.

1 Like

Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 13, 2022
Aljazeera TV has it fair share of Pengasus Attack. Most of it workers mobile devices was targeted and compromised by the isreali government using Pengasus
if you have some time to spare , watch this documentary detailing how The NSO operate and deploy pengasus.
pengasus is also a secret weapon of the Mosad (Israeli Secret Police) they use it for Espionage against the palestinian Armed Group The PLO to gather intel against their secret plan again the isreali state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfOgm1IcBd0
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Ovo200: 9:09am On Jun 13, 2022
Viralmagg:
Aljazeera TV has it fair share of Pengasus Attack. Most of it workers mobile devices was targeted and compromised by the isreali government using Pengasus
if you have some time to spare , watch this documentary detailing how The NSO operate and deploy pengasus.
pengasus is also a secret weapon of the Mosad (Israeli Secret Police) they use it for Espionage against the palestinian Armed Group The PLO to gather intel against their secret plan again the isreali state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfOgm1IcBd0

That's the spyware we know what about the ones we don't know.
Hope you know what we don't know is x100 of what we know?
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by shegzhkn: 9:49am On Jun 13, 2022
Ovo200:

Not 100% sure

Lol, conjecture, supposition and deductive reasoning.

Why would uncle Sam need Pegasus when NSA has the most lethal cyber weapons in the world, they basically know every godammn secret of almost everyone.

Yes, Pegasus is very powerful but very expensive too but not everyone can get their hands on it and yes nation state, if you look at the folks who has this weapons you will find out that it is mostly the rich GCC countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, etc.

Saudi uses the software to hack one of it dissident living in Canada and that is how they got khassoggi, UAE uses it too in the case of Princess Haya (Ex-wife of Rashid Al-Makthoum).

Government want to be able to know what their citizen especially activist, right groups, etc are doing so their is market for this kind of software but for Nigeria I don't think they've got Pegasus.
Re: Is this the Spyware DSS Is Using? by Ovo200: 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
shegzhkn:

Lol, conjecture, supposition and deductive reasoning.

Do you need this?

Why would uncle Sam need Pegasus when NSA has the most lethal cyber weapons in the world, they basically know every godammn secret of almost everyone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/01/28/magazine/nso-group-israel-spyware.amp.html
Read that article man

Yes, Pegasus is very powerful but very expensive too but not everyone can get their hands on it and yes nation state, if you look at the folks who has this weapons you will find out that it is mostly the rich GCC countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, etc.
100% 100%

Saudi uses the software to hack one of it dissident living in Canada and that is how they got khassoggi, UAE uses it too in the case of Princess Haya (Ex-wife of Rashid Al-Makthoum).

Government want to be able to know what their citizen especially activist, right groups, etc are doing so their is market for this kind of software but for Nigeria I don't think they've got Pegasus.

I have given you the link to your uncle Sam claim

Why do you think Nigeria secret police isn't using it?

(1) (Reply)

I Need Urgent Help With Facebook Fbml / Winners Of Mtn App Developer Challenge / Is There A Market For A Nigerian Social Media App ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.