Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family (49488 Views)

Did Chris Ngige Assault ASUU President, Osodeke, In A Meeting? / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) / ASUU Elects Emmanuel Osodeke As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Horlah04(m): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
This news is TOTALLY FAKE. I listened to the program(berekete family) this morning and ASUU never rejected the money contributed. As a matter of fact, the ASUU president was more concerned about this sort of news after the current governor of Akwa Ibom donated #50m cash. All ASUU was saying was that they are not associated to any money contributed at the moment so fake news broadcasters won't bring up fake news like we've seen here. Nigeria and fake news sha �

Haryoife:
ASUU Chairman has rejected the money contributed by Berekete Family of Human Rights Radio. Consequently, a direction has been given for the account to be closed and the total money to be refunded to those who donated.

The crowd-funding was initiated by Ahmed Isah, CEO of Human Rights Radio Abuja, to support ASUU in convincing lecturers to suspend the strike.

https://www.thecable.ng/ASUU-president-rejects-brekete-familys-n50m-intervention-fund-to-end-strike/amp
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Bluffly: 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
CleanInAll:
I'm beginning to withdraw my support for ASUU. The body is self-centered. Wait a minute, is it that ASUU is more powerful than FG? Why are they frustrating people's destinies because of their selfish pursuit?
They are not looking for a one-off
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
Wow
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
Comedian2019:

Wise one.
It's government's responsibility, they should live up to it.

The Government? undecided. the very ones that don't value EDUCATION!, but value Cows Over Human Lives grin.

Are the ones who will pay attention to the cries of ASUU?

Until we elect a Leader who prioritize EDUCATION as his first in all Agenda, we will remain in same circle till Ages! grin

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by FireKing: 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
Na now you kmow? E don tay wey selfish interest of lecturers start but though we have a heart less government who don't care about our warefare
Haryoife:
Their interest is just not for the students anymore
Their are just after their own pockets
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Bravospiff: 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Generalwoodz post=113707566]That's a ploy and Brekete, the man will end up spending the money for his own venture...

Silly comment from a victim of deprived past, Google brekete family and find out who is Ahmed Isah... A rare Gem.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by jeromeemmy(m): 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
Taj acct 12mill
GTB 7mill
Cash of 50mill from Gov.udom Emmanuel

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
SpecialEdition:
We were sold a lie by Tinubu

The same man is yet to sell another Amala and ewudo to the gullible citizens. grin

Mr Learned

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by jahlove4jah: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
I would have been very disappointed if they were to accept the fund contributed.
At the same time, ASUU leadership just like the federal government don't care about the Future of Nigerian Students.
The students and parents are the real victim here.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Generalwoodz(m): 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Bravospiff post=113710670][/quote] product of a torn condom. The same man that slapped another man like he's a modern slave? Now that ASUU said No, but thank you. What's next? Cross grain idiot.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by uniquelyspecial(m): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2022
I'm happy I watched the show.

To those commenting trash without their heads, ASUU isn't hungry. Crowding isn't the solution to issue at hand.

Would you rather they collect the rather small amount of money, share it amongst union members and resume the strike after some months?

It is necessary that Nigerians understand the demands of ASUU and see that they are all justifiable.
Don't be too quick to judge ASUU. Your inefficient FG should be blamed

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Ximenez(m): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2022
GiftedMind1JEM:

What is N50 million compared to their demands

When politicians spent tens of billions of naira buying forms for presidency and governorship candidature ; and lost, wasting money.

ASUU is the only sane thing in Nigeria.

Kudos � ASUU.
So
So how's what ASUU is doing affecting the politicians or their offsprings?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by JohnSP99: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
Honlucas:
ASUU is a selfish body that should be disbanded
you are indeed very stupid for this comment, see the level our education system has degenerated while those that are supposed to correct it have their children abroad and when they are done over there will still come back and lord themselves over us and people like you will still remain slaves to them. By now we should have grounded the economy for this strike but we are a stupid people that has become so used to suffering and smiling rather than wake up and do something

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by JohnSP99: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
Haryoife:
please can you just say how their interest is no longer for the students
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

What really is their demand?

Lecturers deserve good pay and a conducive work environment too.
They have all that.. I’ll want to explain something to you boss
But typing here is somehow though but I will

First I’m sorry but I’ll use i and you as examples
Ippis is the payment platform of payment for ASUU
Now they want UTAS

Maybe they are right or wrong I don’t know

Ippis won’t allow them to be paid like they used to be

Imagine working in different universities when there are other people who want jobs out there
Imagine I and you are lookin for a lecturing job striving to get one
While just one lecturer is working in 4 different places
Just imagine
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
JohnSP99:

please can you just say how their interest is no longer for the students
How is UTAS being the payment platform the interest of students
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ximenez:

So
So how's what ASUU is doing affecting the politicians or their offsprings?
Thanks for asking that
Please help me go ahead and ask him
Where Assu chairman children are schooling?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by maasoap(m): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:
The total amount in question was around 5billion Naira and I support ASUU to reject the money.
There are certain things that shouldn't be allowed despite the insanity of the government that we find ourselves in.
It is the responsibility of the Government to provide those allocations and they haven't been living up to expectations.
If private individuals should be the one contributing the money that governments are supposed to be allocating
to their Ministries, Departments and Parastatals, then in the nearest future, we won't just be calling for contribution to end ASUU strike because there will be lots of other strike that the government will ignore, expecting the public to do their normal donation.
Personally, the rejection is a welcomed development.

You are highly ignorant, alongside the people who liked and shared your post. The fact that we expected government to do everything is another reason (besides corruption of course) why we are failing as a society. Even in USA, individuals and organisations don't leave every responsibility to their government, most especially education.
I'm not saying this issue is not beyond berekete family but the kind of mindset of yours is totally and completely off
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by JohnSP99: 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
IamANigerianMan:
Why even contribute the money in the place?ASUU knows what they are doing, if they collect the money from brekete family, ordinary Ahmed will ask them how every penny, sisi was spent, ASUU what the government to give them so that they can loot it. Anytime government ask for the audit of the money ASUU will go back on strike...VOTE PO... But if TINUBU and ATIKU give you money eat it(ITAM or sopam) but vote for Obi
just read it to yourself again and see how stupid you are
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Cubby22: 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
Honlucas:
You see media house problem. Ask them to provide you with the transcript of the conversation. I watched the problem live on YouTube. I critized Ahmed Isah approach of pouring #50 million cash first and without due consultation with respect to ASUU or the Chairman, telling the ASUU Chairman to see money and call of strike. Here is a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7WaOHKaao
You can watch it again.
ASUU is a strong Union who have fought for the welfare of the universities and students.
If you carefully listen to ASUU president, you will hear him saying they stopped the FG from raising school fee of student to #1million, if your parents live on #30, 000, I guess your mind to cool off. What Government are interested is to give a loan of #1million to students, so 4 years course, you will pay back #4million, this one we dey study, job no even dey.
As a graduate Assistant in a university system your salary is not more than #106, 000 for a month.
It is from that money, you will pay rent, feed yourself transportation to work, take care of yourself, publish in a reputable journal both home and abroad.
Focus on pure academic research and no distraction.
The worst is that the salary doesn't come often
Most state Universities are been owned 6 - 9 months. You don't care.
I think you need to visit Nigerian universities, conduct your private investigation, air it if you have the gut and see if the government won't come after you.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Ximenez(m): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
JohnSP99:

you are indeed very stupid for this comment, see the level our education system has degenerated while those that are supposed to correct it have their children abroad and when they are done over there will still come back and lord themselves over us and people like you will still remain slaves to them. By now we should have grounded the economy for this strike but we are a stupid people that has become so used to suffering and smiling rather than wake up and do something
The solution is to vote in credible leaders, people who value education and with the right priorities.
This is the responsibility of all of us.
Now again, what we are talking about is Muslim-Muslim ticket, Northern president,blah blah blah, we are not even looking out for competency rather focused on religion and ethnicity.
If ASUU should go on strike for ten years, it won't affect any politician or their offsprings.
We have to put the right people in the right places, that's the fundamental solution to this problem.
Incessant strike is nothing but punishments to students.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Ingredient88(m): 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
Haryoife:
ASUU Chairman has rejected the money contributed by Berekete Family of Human Rights Radio. Consequently, a direction has been given for the account to be closed and the total money to be refunded to those who donated.

The crowd-funding was initiated by Ahmed Isah, CEO of Human Rights Radio Abuja, to support ASUU in convincing lecturers to suspend the strike.

https://www.thecable.ng/ASUU-president-rejects-brekete-familys-n50m-intervention-fund-to-end-strike/amp
fake news, this is not true, I believe nairaland should pls always check and find out the true b4 allow story to go online, pls, they did not offer them any money....they only call them to come and share what is happening with them and government that is all .
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Achebedegreat(m): 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:
The total amount in question was around 5billion Naira and I support ASUU to reject the money.
There are certain things that shouldn't be allowed despite the insanity of the government that we find ourselves in.
It is the responsibility of the Government to provide those allocations and they haven't been living up to expectations.
If private individuals should be the one contributing the money that governments are supposed to be allocating to their Ministries, Departments and Parastatals, then in the nearest future, we won't just be calling for contribution to end ASUU strike because there will be lots of other strike that the government will ignore, expecting the public to do their normal donation.
Personally, the rejection is a welcomed development.

You're wise! The exact thing I thought. I love this present ASUU leadership.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by CzarChris(m): 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
Honlucas:
Oga, go and disband it now, when public universities go the way of public primary and secondary schools, and the masses can no longer afford university education because of the high cost of private universities, then your eye go clear.
Ungrateful human being, if it was because of just the welfare universities would have been opened a long time ago, but ASUU leadership decided to fight for better facilities, well equiped labs through the revitalization fund for ungrateful people like you.
Have you even done your research to find out that Nigerian university lecturers are one of the best in the world and one of the lowest paid in Africa?
To hell with you and your likes, I'm leaving this accursed country to where my services will be appreciated.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by StarGra: 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
Every system in Nigeria is corrupt..

If ASUU is disbanded, tertiary education in Nigeria would be zero over zero.there won't be need going..

Honlucas:
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by JoshTim: 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
MobilityMFR:

I think you're high on something cheap...potash! Read my text comment accordingly. ASUU should not fall for this cheap ploy. FG should carry the cross be it 1999 or 2015 after all we are talking about our children sitting idle at home.

You think it's only ASUU that is being owed. Nigga, if everyone is to take it on the government, there won't be a country again. The last time i checked, the university lecturers are micro representation of the larger Nigerian political circle. They are as corrupt as same government they are agitating against.

Note: You are the one high on mpuru mmiri, 'cause i can see you aren't stable.

You should be pathetic about your dumb stand and inconsequential reasoning.

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by AuthoritySpeaks(m): 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
maasoap:

You are highly ignorant, alongside the people who liked and shared your post. The fact that we expected government to do everything is another reason (besides corruption of course) why we are failing as a society. Even in USA, individuals and organisations don't leave every responsibility to their government, most especially education.
I'm not saying this issue is not beyond berekete family but the kind of mindset of yours is totally and completely off
And I was thinking you had a way to indicate the ignorance of someone else while trying every possible means to hide yours that is even beyond hiding.
Let's eveluate everything that this strike issue is revolving around.
There's a 2009 agreement on universities funding between this body and the federal Government of which the Govt never honored in full and it kept on pilling up over the years.
Then, the government introduced a new payment procedure for their workers and the union are in disagreement with this payment formula, of which they set up their body of experts to come up with a suitable formula that will be presented to the government for they to evaluate and adopt (if possible) or at least, even consider it. The government in question totally rejected their proposal without even an evaluation into their own structure. Instead, they rather refused to pay most of them because they didn't enroll into IPPIS.
So Mr, I will just need you to tell me in any of those instances stated above, where the citizens of the best nations in the world would have intervened by the means of collective contribution.
Of course, governmental responsibilities is what is expected from everyone but some things are just unspeakable. What the federal government did and is still doing is overall injustice and despite the fact that many youths are out of the university for the period over this, I am glad ASUU are mean to get to the final point of it this time around.

Let me just tell you that this thing here is a common scenereo that will hardly make a headline in developed nations.
If you heard about the recent strike of UK lecturers, who demended for a restructuring in their payroll, tell me how long it lasted for it to be fixed.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by rosamaris: 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
This news sound good to my ears.
I don't think it is right for any individual to raise money to fund government institutions especially in a situation like this ASUU strike. ASUU did not say that if government meets this demand, they will never go on strike again. So when it happens again, will he call on Nigerians to come and donate again? Moreover how do you expect me to pay my children tuition fees and still contribute to pay lecturers salary? Haba!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by IamANigerianMan: 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
JohnSP99:

just read it to yourself again and see how stupid you are
Idiot, see the next transformer .
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by MUAnaZephyr: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
Seems they need FEDERAL MONEY, not CHARITY MONEY.

WHERE PERSON DEY WORK, NA THERE E FROM SUPPOSE DE CHOP
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by BigBrother9ja: 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2022
Haryoife:
Kids with cockroache brains too full this forum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Causes Of Poor Academic Performance In School – Most Students Never Admit #8 / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities / Python Killed In Hostel At The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.