Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family (49483 Views)

Did Chris Ngige Assault ASUU President, Osodeke, In A Meeting? / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Asks Nigerians To Vote Out APC (Video) / ASUU Elects Emmanuel Osodeke As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by TenQ: 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2022
kentochi:

For record nobody give any one 50m bribe take note of that. Try to make your own finding before coming to social media to say what you are not sure of. I followed the program from beginning to the end.
I did not watch the program BUT here is what the Nairaland heading said:

Education / Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by kentochi(m): 8:01pm

You could have corrected the headline

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Johnsonibx(m): 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2022
I surely knows we will sha resume one day
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Bravospiff: 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Generalwoodz post=113710868] product of a torn condom. The same man that slapped another man like he's a modern slave? Now that ASUU said No, but thank you. What's next? Cross grain idi

Mofo, In your miserable life, have you achieved what that man have achieved, you don't talk down on role models
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by TenQ: 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2022
Haryoife:

Bribe?
How is that a bribe sir

ASUU said they have reached an agreement with the FG
And later then came out yesterday saying they haven’t reached any agreement that the government are not ready

Whereas the chairman said they have reached a positive result with FG
They keep lying

Education / Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by kentochi(m): 8:01pm

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by jojothaiv(m): 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2022
jkpbestseries:
Soon Songs of solomon will be playing in the Academic sector of the country. but ASUU can strike more than Ronaldo and Messi but our Super chicken are still not doing well.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Panda7(m): 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2022
why should ASUU demand fee, can't they go private?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2022
BigBrother9ja:

Kids with cockroache brains too full this forum
Kids lol
How old are you for crying out load bro
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Tareq1105: 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ugmama:
It's good for ASUU to reject it, we are not beggars in this country.

We are standing up for what's right!!!

Ordinary President doesn't have to be angry about the rejection of the donation. It's not right to do such and I expect Ahmed Isah to know better.

ASUU members are public servants and as such they are forbidden from collecting such donation before they are arrested by EFCC for collection of unauthorized funds.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Edron1(m): 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ugmama:
It's good for ASUU to reject it, we are not beggars in this country.

We are standing up for what 's right!!!
Standing up for what is right my foot!! How long do you expect students to be at home or you think that the so called Government care about how long the strike lingers? Do they have children in public institution? Imagine the Ordinary Ahmed was gonna raise the money but if you watched the live program today you'll discover that the media are just out to miss yearn
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Edron1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
GENES11S:
That's a political trap. ASUU was smart enough to see it.

They did not employ ASUU. If they have any money they want to contribute let them contribute it and give to ASUU's boss (The FG). Since FG say them no get money, the money will help them in solving ASUU problems.

NOTE: ASUU are not directly asking for a one time fee. They are asking for increment of salaries for university workers amongst other things. So collecting a one time donation like this doesn't solve any problem...it just like temporary bribery.

Exactly..the man wasn't making direct contribution for ASUU,the 18b was gonna be contributed and given to the FG so they can hand it over to ASUU..that was the intervention and Ahmed said it categorically..even ASUU did not reject any money because he never offer to give ASUU any money directly..The ASUU chairman only stood up to do a disclaimer that the media may post out of context that they came to collect monies from Berekete family..

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Edron1(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
TenQ:

Fear who does not fear Nigeria Media..fake news

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Honlucas: 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
Daroldigits:
How? If your father or mother is a lecturer, you will understand their pains..

FYI my parents are lecturers
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by ninofreesty(m): 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
ASUU did no wrong in rejecting the money, why did they display the money to the world? Is ASUU a beggar? This present government are just the wrong set of people in power. Just do what ASUU wants and let the case die
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by uchennaq(m): 9:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
The current government does not value education
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Bamijoko1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2022
Haryoife:
ASUU Chairman has rejected the money contributed by Berekete Family of Human Rights Radio. Consequently, a direction has been given for the account to be closed and the total money to be refunded to those who donated.

The crowd-funding was initiated by Ahmed Isah, CEO of Human Rights Radio Abuja, to support ASUU in convincing lecturers to suspend the strike.

https://www.thecable.ng/ASUU-president-rejects-brekete-familys-n50m-intervention-fund-to-end-strike/amp

Where are the NANS that were making noise up and down some weeks back, shebi they threatened that they are going to disrupt the primary elections of pdp and apc ni but now they are no where to be found because probably they av be bribed.

Bunch of stupid people
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by ochobobi(m): 9:54pm On Jun 11, 2022
Fake news, this was the exact thing the ASUU president was Trying to point out. People will just jump on any thread based on its heading.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by kentochi(m): 9:56pm On Jun 11, 2022
Edron1:

Fear who does not fear Nigeria Media..fake news
God bless you
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Makowonda: 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
I left ASUU wahala for like 14 years now,but my empathy would still make me bother about it because of my nieces,nephews and the young,ambitious and "legal headed" netizans out there who are struggling to make Nigeria a great nation without being given a pedestal to showcase their ability.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Makowonda: 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2022
I left ASUU wahala for like 14 years now,but my empathy would still make me bother about it because of my nieces,nephews and the young,ambitious and "legal headed" netizens out there who are struggling to make Nigeria a great nation without being given a platform to showcase their ability.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Bimpe29: 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2022
Policy, patriotic and passion traded off
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by nnamdi640: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
Honlucas:
ASUU is a selfish body that should be disbanded...

wow so i made it to front page..

never give up keep grinding
When politicians are using 100 million to buy an ordinary form that don't guarantee them the office, another single man stole 80billions, I think that selfishness is meant for the so called politicians who hold this country to ransom not the lecturers who are trying to fight for their entitlements
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Emeka511(m): 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
Osadeke! akpor man. i use to know him back then in m.o.u.a.u.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by GENES11S: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2022
Edron1:

Exactly..the man wasn't making direct contribution for ASUU,the 18b was gonna be contributed and given to the FG so they can hand it over to ASUU..that was the intervention and Ahmed said it categorically..even ASUU did not reject any money because he never offer to give ASUU any money directly..The ASUU chairman only stood up to do a disclaimer that the media may post out of context that they came to collect monies from Berekete family..

Ok. Thank you for the clarification.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by geewean(m): 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
Wawuuuuuuuuuuu.I would be so surprised to know you are a youth talking in this manner.Let me ask you a question ❓

How much did the suspended Accountant general stole from the national treasury?

How much was given to the delegates in PDP and in APC?

Wike gave in dollars
Atiku gave same
Tinubu gave same
Osibanjo gave same
Kachukwu who defeated Moghalu gave too.Do the maths yourself.

How much was presidential primaries form in APC and how much was it bought? Do the maths again.

What are the agitations of the lectures? To improve fundings for the Nigerian universities, Lectures salaries and approval of their UTCas payment system etc.

When it comes to education,they should do it anyhow and no wonder the country is anyhow.
We churn out many graduates who can't express themselves or write simple sentences unsupervised.When in other climes they are innovating market driven products and commanding real time economic power.

It seems to me that you love suffering and backwardness.I am so disappointed at your thought pattern.

Honlucas:
ASUU is a selfish body that should be disbanded...

wow so i made it to front page..

never give up keep grinding
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by McAausim: 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2022
Peachy14:
Get your information right before posting it. I listened to the program this morning myself. The 50M was from Akwa Ibon state governor and it was cash. The reason he said he disassociate himself from the cash was because, People might say he came to collect cash from Berekete family. Hence he decided to set the record straight just because of people like you that carries fake news. The account is still open for contributions. Thanks

HEMBELEBE.......Olololololoooo......

1 Like

Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Ximenez(m): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2022
geewean:
Wawuuuuuuuuuuu.I would be so surprised to know you are a youth talking in this manner.Let me ask you a question ❓

How much did the suspended Accountant general stole from the national treasury?

How much was given to the delegates in PDP and in APC?

Wike gave in dollars
Atiku gave same
Tinubu gave same
Osibanjo gave same
Kachukwu who defeated Moghalu gave too.Do the maths yourself.

How much was presidential primaries form in APC and how much was it bought? Do the maths again.

What are the agitations of the lectures? To improve fundings for the Nigerian universities, Lectures salaries and approval of their UTCas payment system etc.

When it comes to education,they should do it anyhow and no wonder the country is anyhow.
We churn out many graduates who can't express themselves or write simple sentences unsupervised.When in other climes they are innovating market driven products and commanding real time economic power.

It seems to me that you love suffering and backwardness.I am so disappointed at your thought pattern.

But the politicians are not bothered. So what next? ASUU should strike for ten years, only the students will be affected. That doesn't stop elections from holding or the politicians from sending their kids to school abroad.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2022
If u sum all the monies politicians paid delegates during the just concluded primaries and hand it to ASUU students will be in classrooms by Monday.
But the irony is that those delegates have their children in public universities but are rather after stomach infrastructure
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 12, 2022
JoshTim:

Shup up, when was the agreement made and why should the present government pay for the sins of old. You cannot blame the present government. It was handed over since 2009 till now.
Now I know you are capital fool. Oh my God! How old are you.
So you actually think the FG can't settle ASUU case within one day if it is willing to.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Benny6944: 12:27am On Jun 12, 2022
Haryoife:
Their interest is just not for the students anymore
Their are just after their own pockets

You think through your anus. naive being. you asked for 5b, and was given 50m, what's that for? beside that never came from the government.. so why should civilians do those shameless fraudsters called politicians job?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Billygee2u: 1:17am On Jun 12, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:
The total amount in question was around 5billion Naira and I support ASUU to reject the money.
There are certain things that shouldn't be allowed despite the insanity of the government that we find ourselves in.
It is the responsibility of the Government to provide those allocations and they haven't been living up to expectations.
If private individuals should be the one contributing the money that governments are supposed to be allocating to their Ministries, Departments and Parastatals, then in the nearest future, we won't just be calling for contribution to end ASUU strike because there will be lots of other strike that the government will ignore, expecting the public to do their normal donation.
Personally, the rejection is a welcomed development.
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by TeetoEsq(m): 1:52am On Jun 12, 2022
...with this donation, I see Governor Udom Emmanuel opening his doors/windows to EFCC. Their searchlight is going to focus on him from now till the end of his tenure...#50million for ASUU from a state government's coffer or his personal pocket?
Re: ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family by Harrykn: 2:26am On Jun 12, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:
The total amount in question was around 5billion Naira and I support ASUU to reject the money.
There are certain things that shouldn't be allowed despite the insanity of the government that we find ourselves in.
It is the responsibility of the Government to provide those allocations and they haven't been living up to expectations.
If private individuals should be the one contributing the money that governments are supposed to be allocating to their Ministries, Departments and Parastatals, then in the nearest future, we won't just be calling for contribution to end ASUU strike because there will be lots of other strike that the government will ignore, expecting the public to do their normal donation.
Personally, the rejection is a welcomed development.
Oga scattered accountant, that’s Nuasa 0’21, Do you think 0’16—0’17 are happy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Causes Of Poor Academic Performance In School – Most Students Never Admit #8 / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities / Python Killed In Hostel At The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.