Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,405 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience (415 Views)

How Can Someone Who Does Not Believe In God Experience Love? / Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories / Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by LegalIcon: 6:15am On Jun 12, 2022
Despite the growing number of people who now claim to be atheists, God has continued to show himself in mysterious ways to humans. Some people have had peculiar life experiences that made conclude that those experiences, last-minute solution to their challenges must directly come from God. For me, I remember when I was in the JSS 2 (public schl). Myself, my brother and a few of our friends would always spend our Tfare money when going home in the afternoon hence we would trek. There was short cut that we always used so as not to arrive home late because of our trekking. However, there lies a dirty river that we needed to cross before getting to our area. The river (Odo Amilengbe) in Ilorin extends to neighbouring state. So, anytime we got to the river, we would spend some time to swim in that very dirty and stinking river. One thing about the river is that the further you swim the deeper it gets. On that fateful day, we decided to swim as usual and then I was inside the river advancing with a friend as we if were professional swimmers, while my brother and another person were mindful of swimming further. Lo and Behold, myself and that my friend dangerously advanced and got drowned, deep down inside the dirty river. I was just alone in that particular section of the river and all efforts to lift myself up failed. At this time, my brother and the 4th guy had started crying and were calling for our rescue. After about some minutes I saw a hand pull me up and dropped me at the river bank, while my friend was brought outwith his belly filled with water, but he didn't die. They had to keep pressing his tummy and the water was coming out. As for me, I didn't drink any water, my my eye balls had turned red, same thing with that friend of mine. The rescuers could not see me, so when they asked who brought me to the river bank, I just told them that I saw someone use his hand to raise me out of the deep of the river. Though I was much younger then, I always remember that experience. It was just God who came to my rescue and the rescue of my friend.
Please share yours too and let's encourage ourselves in faith.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Eriokanmi: 6:21am On Jun 12, 2022
The speedy growth in the number of atheists is realy scary and a sign of the end time as orchestrated by the devil. OP, a life without Christ is in crisis. I had a serious encounter one night very recently. I wanted observing vigil but felt too tired. The moment shouted Jesus violently in that dream, i was relieved and the spirit left swiftly. Initially my voice wasn't heard until I began shouting it persistently. It was as if something tied my tongue and sealed off my mouth but later the shout was heard and aloud. Who knows the enemy's plans? But overcame.
Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Fahdiga(m): 6:29am On Jun 12, 2022
God is good all the time
Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Greenback: 6:31am On Jun 12, 2022
Op mine is similar to yours in a way.
It was at Bar beach,Lagos or when we used to have bar beach.
I went there on a particular day and as always,decided to have a "swim",of course at the banks,as most of us who can't swim do. You know,you get in the water and as long as your feet are touching the ground,you are good. I was really having a good time, dodging the waves coming out and all that. I wasn't the only one,there were other young fellows having fun as well.
If the want to continue playing,you bend your head down whenever the wave is coming out and if you want to stop playing,you stand erect and it will throw you towards the banks or you simply just walk out.

Ok I was having fun and this wave,big wave was coming and I decided to dodge it. It was a big one. I bent over and yes,I dodged it but since it was a big one,on its way back,it moved me a great deal into the sea and before I could say Jack,my feet were nolonger touching the ground! I immediately knew I was in trouble as I literarily started struggling. I also immediately noticed, while struggling,that the other kids were afar off me and funny enough,they were not observant of what was happening or about to happen to me!
Then as God would have it, another wave came along,an equally big wave as the first and I barely managed to flip myself up and it tossed me out!!!!
I immediately quickly moved out completely and sat on the dry sands far away and panting and breathing hard within me. What did I just escape from,I said to myself! If that second wave had gone above me,it certainly would have taken me deep down the sea on its way back and that would have been the end of the story except help came.
I thank God for saving me by sending that second wave.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Samakus(m): 6:31am On Jun 12, 2022
Still waiting for one
Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by sojisenai(m): 6:40am On Jun 12, 2022
There are so many that I can't count... sometimes I wonder why Me? God is the most faithful, all you need to do is just believe in him. Trust me, that is all.

For the best caregiving company in Lagos, check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Fahdiga(m): 6:41am On Jun 12, 2022
I won't forget the night I was standing in front of a friend's house and a damaged light bulb immediately showed light and behold a big cobra snake has already stretched out to bite me and I quickly dodged it and the bulb went dark again. I shouted with all my strength and people immediately rushed out with torch light to know what it was and when they pointed out the light in my direction they saw the big snake running away past me and they chased and killed it. My dear brothers and sisters, this happened since 2011 but as I'm typing this it still sends cold shivers down my spine. Tell me who did it if not God. A spoilt bulb showed light once the cobra was about to strike making me to see the snake and the bulb went dark without showing light again.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Skyfornia(m): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2022
Greenback:
I went there on a particular day and as always,decided to have a "swim",of course at the banks,as most of us who can't swim do. You know,you get in the water and as long as your feet are touching the ground,you are good. I was really having a good time, dodging the waves coming out and all that. I wasn't the only one,there were other young fellows having fun as well.
If the want to continue playing,you bend your head down whenever the wave is coming out and if you want to stop playing,you stand erect and it will throw you towards the banks or you simply just walk out.

Ok I was having fun and this wave,big wave was coming and I decided to dodge it. It was a big one. I bent over and yes,I dodged it but since it was a big one,on its way back,it moved me a great deal into the sea and before I could say Jack,my feet were nolonger touching the ground! I immediately knew I was in trouble as I literarily started struggling. I also immediately noticed, while struggling,that the other kids were afar off me and funny enough,they were not observant of what was happening or about to happen to me!
Then as God would have it, another wave came along,an equally big wave as the first and I barely managed to flip myself up and it tossed me out!!!!
I immediately quickly moved out completely and sat on the dry sands far away and panting and breathing hard within me. What did I just escape from,I said to myself! If that second wave had gone above me,it certainly would have taken me deep down the sea on its way back and that would have been the end of the story except help came.

Omo! I have goosebumps reading you...thank God for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by tommy589(m): 7:30am On Jun 12, 2022
LegalIcon:
Despite the growing number of people who now claim to be atheists, God has continued to show himself in mysterious ways to humans. Some people have had peculiar life experiences that made conclude that those experiences, last-minute solution to their challenges must directly come from God. For me, I remember when I was in the JSS 2 (public schl). Myself, my brother and a few of our friends would always spend our Tfare money when going home in the afternoon hence we would trek. There was short cut that we always used so as not to arrive home late because of our trekking. However, there lies a dirty river that we needed to cross before getting to our area. The river (Odo Amilengbe) in Ilorin extends to neighbouring state. So, anytime we got to the river, we would spend some time to swim in that very dirty and stinking river. One thing about the river is that the further you swim the deeper it gets. On that fateful day, we decided to swim as usual and then I was inside the river advancing with a friend as we if were professional swimmers, while my brother and another person were mindful of swimming further. Lo and Behold, myself and that my friend dangerously advanced and got drowned, deep down inside the dirty river. I was just alone in that particular section of the river and all efforts to lift myself up failed. At this time, my brother and the 4th guy had started crying and were calling for our rescue. After about some minutes I saw a hand pull me up and dropped me at the river bank, while my friend was brought outwith his belly filled with water, but he didn't die. They had to keep pressing his tummy and the water was coming out. As for me, I didn't drink any water, my my eye balls had turned red, same thing with that friend of mine. The rescuers could not see me, so when they asked who brought me to the river bank, I just told them that I saw someone use his hand to raise me out of the deep of the river. Though I was much younger then, I always remember that experience. It was just God who came to my rescue and the rescue of my friend.
Please share yours too and let's encourage ourselves in faith.

Thank God for your life. But you should know life changing experiences made an atheist. Or have you heard of one born that way?
Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by LegalIcon: 8:23am On Jun 12, 2022
Greenback:

Great God!

1 Like

Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by JOACHINpedro: 8:46am On Jun 12, 2022
This happened in 2013 during my senior class.
One morning, I was speedily gulping the rice I was eating in order to meet up as my dad was already waiting to take me to school.
It got to a moment I took a spoonful of rice, I paused. No reason actually, but I just thought of looking at the content in this particular spoonful. Behold, I saw a hidden pin inside the spoon, very unnoticeable because of the rice that overshadowed it. I just ended the food, went inside my dad's car and was just pensive in thought. The event kept on flashing back, I was just like "why does this God still need me in a state of good wellbeing?" It really brought tears into my eyes, even thinking about it alone gives the goose

1 Like

Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Bloooody(m): 11:58am On Jun 12, 2022
Tell the mother of that child in owo "it must have been god"
Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Maynman: 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2022
You have Grace until you die then people use your death as a prayer reference when thanking their deity for giving them Grace that they did not die like YOU, it’s crazy right?
Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Blue86(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
Even atheists have a supernatural occurrence that saved them from death to give them more time to come back to their senses, but they, in the darkness of the devil, will still term it Coincidence
Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Maynman: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Blue86:
Even atheists have a supernatural occurrence that saved them from death to give them more time to come back to their senses, but they, in the darkness of the devil, will still term it Coincidence

Same can be said about Monolatrist, out of all the deities it’s there own particular deity that saved atheist, Bwahahahah
Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Fortune13(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
God's goodness in my life has been enormous that I can't count it all.

I was saved alongside my family from being killed in an accident and from killing someone too.

I was driving from Abeokuta to Lokoja on Jan. 9th, 2022 when I dozed off while driving. Around Igbara-Oke, I opened my eyes to see my car about to hit a motorcycle on the shoulder of the same direction I war driving and a deep ditch close-by on same side. With the help of God I swerved the car to the opposing lane and regained control of the car in a very short time.

I had to park the car about 500m away from that scene. My wife didn't understand what happened till I confess to her that I dozed off. I got water to was my face stretched my legs for some minutes and continued in the journey.

What could have happened if I pushed the motorcycle in the ditch, or if I had driven my family into the ditch or if another vehicle was coming on speed from the opposite direction?

In that experience, I know ONLY GOD SAVED ME AND MY FAMILY.
Thanks to God for His saving grace. May His name be praised forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your "It Must Have Been God" Experience by Maynman: 2:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
Fortune13:
God's goodness in my life has been enormous that I can't count it all.

I was saved alongside my family from being killed in an accident and from killing someone too.

I was driving from Abeokuta to Lokoja on Jan. 9th, 2022 when I dozed off while driving. Around Igbara-Oke, I opened my eyes to see my car about to hit a motorcycle on the shoulder of the same direction I war driving and a deep ditch close-by on same side. With the help of God I swerved the car to the opposing lane and regained control of the car in a very short time.

I had to park the car about 500m away from that scene. My wife didn't understand what happened till I confess to her that I dozed off. I got water to was my face stretched my legs for some minutes and continued in the journey.

What could have happened if I pushed the motorcycle in the ditch, or if I had driven my family into the ditch or if another vehicle was coming on speed from the opposite direction?

In that experience, I know ONLY GOD SAVED ME AND MY FAMILY.
Thanks to God for His saving grace. May His name be praised forever.

You have grace until you die.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why We Must Not Fear Death!! / Controversy : Jesus Not Against Marriage After Divorce - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Why Are Muslims Sexually Defiling Little Boys In Weddings? Islam why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.