Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim (30042 Views)

I Would Have Picked Obi Again As Running Mate – Atiku / Fear That Atiku May Pick PDP Ticket Forced APC To Throw Race Open / 2019: PDP Panel Grills Atiku, Saraki, Makarfi, Others Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by kingyakos: 10:53am On Jun 12, 2022
iamrealdeji:
Muslims own Nigeria. Igbo states that are dominated by Christians are very few,Yoruba states have more Muslims than Christians,Northern states are very many with very high population and they're majorly Muslims,Islam is the world's fastest growing religion and so it is in Nigeria,4 years to this time,the population of Muslims compared to Christians would be terrific. Let's call a spade a spade and allow our vice president to be Muslim. Heterogeneity of religion in leadership can only cause confusion. Developed nations have cabinet members practising the same religion. Dubai cabinet members are all muslims and Christians in Dubai are also enjoying their lives. Please someone should tell Jagaban that a Muslim vice president can only make Northerners vote for him. Atiku should choose a Muslim vice president too. He observes his salat well and we can see from the prayer mark on his forehead. He should only believe in Allah and not fall for threat of man. Non of them should give in to oppressions and threats. Its their rights to pick Muslims as vice president. They should pick Muslims as vice president if they want the North to vote for them. Nigeria is an Islamic nation.

In a complex country like nigeria that you are talking this trash, it seems you have mouth diarrhoea.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by einsteine(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2022
JosephXavier:

Terrorists nearly wiped out Tinubu's community and Tinubu didn't talk, instead he was asking "where is the cow?", Or wasn't Tinubu also silent?

You can't blackmail me with threats

If there is anyone that will die untimely, then that has to be you since you don't know your real enemies?

Peter Obi is the only person who has constantly spoken out, during endsars, against bad government and also profered solutions for the herdsmen and insecurity challenges we're facing

Vote for him so that you won't have to die untimely and also protect the whole of your village from herdsmen attack

Last paragraph is fallacious. When Obi was governor, the well known SARS murderer James Nwafor was a terror in Anambra. What did Obi do? Stop all this messianic ascribing that you people are doing for Obi. He is better than the average politician but if you think he's better than say an Atiku, then you are setting yourself for prime disappointment. It is this same "Here goes our Messiah" campaign that Buharists were doing in 2015 and we saw how it turned out.

Those who put their hopes on an individual are doomed to see those hopes perish.

Peter Obi has been a governor in Nigeria. That state did not turn to Dubai or become as secure as Switzerland. Peter Obi has been Chairman of the SEC. We did not see better market regulation during his time or the prosecution of investment scammers during his time. I am afraid Obi's fans have fallen for hype.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by maasoap(m): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2022
Penguin2:
I pray God put more confusion amongst you evil parties and make you make more mistakes that would turn more Nigerians behind Peter Obi.

I want Tinubu to pick a Muslim running mate.

I want Atiku to pick Wike.

So that this revolution behind Peter Obi can be complete.

Ndi ala!

No be small thing, this same Obi and LP that can get votes from one just only one region? Who is campaigning for your Obi in Northern part of Nigeria?
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by drnoel: 11:07am On Jun 12, 2022
Moferere:
Atiku/Wike

Tinubu/Shetttima

Obi/Twitter noise makers

These are my surest 2023 permutations

What happens if Tinubu chooses Amaechi and by a stroke of whatever it may be, Atiku chooses woke?
Means 2023 election would be Wike Vs Amaechi all out war not even their principals.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Eriokanmi: 11:08am On Jun 12, 2022
LongBig:

Every parties tend to have increase in growth until the votes reveal otherwise. As you rightly said, make we dey watch, with Tinubu in the south west and a strong northern Muslim in the north this coming election is for them.
what's your definition of being strong grin? Sentiments apart, let's be logical here...nobody else in the north is as strong as 2 people i know...buhari and kwakwanso.

Please do this, go and pull out the presidential primaries results of the apc ahead of 2015 and see where kwakwanso stood. He wasn't the only northerner who ran with buhari in that primaries, remember? The Tinubu's campaign manager has left to work with kwakwanso, shekarau too had left. Not even Ganduje giving up his senatorial ambition could appeal to those who left the apc and these used to be strong members they relied upon to win kano for them.

Elrufai's little popularity doesn't go beyond kaduna. He won his first and second term as a result of Buhari's popularity not his. I'm still searching for that popular politician in the north shaa that tinubu would pick. I'd have thought of lawan but he's still a small boy. Someone was even bragging that he would defeat tinubu and come out as the consensus candidate. I'm sure you knew his scores after primaries.

Ahead of 2015, buhari induced no delegate with money, neither did kwakwanso as we had recenrly in the pdp and apc. People voted them willingly at primaries. The margin was also close between the 2 of them...how better do you now describe being strong in this case? As a tribesman, I'd have wanted tinubu to win but I know he's not going to get it. Today is a democracy day so, you'd not forget in a hurry the day i said this. Good luck to him.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by JosephXavier: 11:10am On Jun 12, 2022
einsteine:

Last paragraph is fallacious. When Obi was governor, the well known SARS murderer James Nwafor was a terror in Anambra. What did Obi do? Stop all this messianic ascribing that you people are doing for Obi. He is better than the average politician but if you think he's better than say an Atiku, then you are setting yourself for prime disappointment. It is this same "Here goes our Messiah" campaign that Buharists were doing in 2015 and we saw how it turned out.

Those who put their hopes on an individual are doomed to see those hopes perish.

Peter Obi has been a governor in Nigeria. That state did not turn to Dubai or become as secure as Switzerland. Peter Obi has been Chairman of the SEC. We did not see better market regulation during his time or the prosecution of investment scammers during his time. I am afraid Obi's fans have fallen for hype.

The state governor has no control over a police service chief posted to his state, and that's why Sanwo Olu said "order from above" during endsars, hence couldn't do much in the car of Awkuzu SARS

Obi being better than Atiku isn't and shouldn't be an argument. If not, let Atiku come open and tell is how he made his money as obi has done, or even Tinubu or any other politician

Try and be rational in your reasoning.

Obi moved Anambra from 28th to 1st postion academically
He reduced the crime rate drastically in Anambra. Before Anambra was controlled by thugs like Lagos but obi stopped that especially in upper iweka that was a den of robbers

Anambra and the whole of Nigeria isn't as Dubai and Switzerland because obi hasn't become the president yet

He was faithful in little and should be given more opportunities to deliver
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by P1PrinceKT(m): 11:22am On Jun 12, 2022
The votes will tell
Toktee:
see this Alamajiri..... How many Muslims can be found in the entire South eastern Nigeria?
How many Headslammers can be found in the entire South South Nigeria?
How many Muslim terrorists an be found in Benue, taraba, plateau state, Kogi state, and in Kaduna?

But Christians can be found in all the entire northern Nigeria in large numbers.

Let Tinubu pick a Muslimake we see who's the minority grin
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by LongBig(m): 11:22am On Jun 12, 2022
Eriokanmi:
what's your definition of being strong grin? Sentiments apart, let's be logical here...nobody else in the north is as strong as 2 people i know...buhari and kwakwanso.

Please do this, go and pull out the presidential primaries results of the apc ahead of 2015 and see where kwakwanso stood. He wasn't the only northerner who ran with buhari in that primaries, remember? The Tinubu's campaign manager has left to work with kwakwanso, shekarau too had left. Not even Ganduje giving up his senatorial ambition could appeal to those who left the apc and these used to be strong members they relied upon to win kano for them.

Elrufai's little popularity doesn't go beyond kaduna. He won his first and second term as a result of Buhari's popularity not his. I'm still searching for that popular politician in the north shaa that tinubu would pick. I'd have thought of lawan but he's still a small boy. Someone was even bragging that he would defeat tinubu and come out as the consensus candidate. I'm sure you knew his scores after primaries.

Ahead of 2015, buhari induced no delegate with money, neither did kwakwanso as we had recenrly in the pdp and apc. People voted them willingly at primaries. The margin was also close between the 2 of them...how better do you now describe being strong in this case? As a tribesman, I'd have wanted tinubu to win but I know he's not going to get it. Today is a democracy day so, you'd not forget in a hurry the day i said this. Good luck to him.

If you want to be logical as you said, you ought to know the two strongest from the north are Buhari and Atiku. Where are you drawing your conclusion from? to conclude kwankwaso is part of the equation, from the 2015 primary? I know you can do that better than that. The two strongest are Buhari and Atiku, kwankwaso is not even close.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by einsteine(m): 11:25am On Jun 12, 2022
JosephXavier:

The state governor has no control over a police service chief posted to his state, and that's why Sanwo Olu said "order from above" during endsars, hence couldn't do much in the car of Awkuzu SARS

Obi being better than Atiku isn't and shouldn't be an argument. If not, let Atiku come open and tell is how he made his money as obi has done, or even Tinubu or any other politician

Try and be rational in your reasoning.

Obi moved Anambra from 28th to 1st postion academically
He reduced the crime rate drastically in Anambra. Before Anambra was controlled by thugs like Lagos but obi stopped that especially in upper iweka that was a den of robbers

Anambra and the whole of Nigeria isn't as Dubai and Switzerland because obi hasn't become the president yet

He was faithful in little and should be given more opportunities to deliver

Obi was willing to be VP to Atiku. If Atiku is good enough for Obi, he is good enough for me.

Like I said, I don't think Obi will make a better president than Atiku. A lot of his supporters are just supporting him because they want to be "woke" and feel like they are supporting someone different. There hasn't been any real critical thinking involved.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by vikiphy89(m): 11:25am On Jun 12, 2022
PDP should stop poking obi, he is not coming back. If they must use obi as vice we have obi cubana, saint obi or even Mikel obi. They should be obedient.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Hydroxide(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2022
Come 2023, bloc votes will be coming from all over the country. Not just North East or North west, Because a lot of Nigerians all over the country now shows interest to come out and vote. You can see that with the turn out of citizens coming out to participate in the voters card registration. If APC like they should be targeting North east and north west bloc votes by coming out Muslim-Muslim ticket. E go shock them
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by FierceRennie(f): 11:30am On Jun 12, 2022
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by balogunbashit(m): 11:31am On Jun 12, 2022
If Apc should go for a muslim-muslim ticket, they can choose Prof.zulum as Tinubu's running mate. The prof is smart, knowledgeable & agile. He has good plan for people which has been shown by his antecedents.
Borno Apc can just submit another name to Inec & give zulum the chance to serve on a bigger level.

The combo of B.A.T & Prof zulum is bound to shift us from economy downturn to economy boom which Nigeria is dire need of.

My subjective opinion tho.

May Nigeria succeed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Menace2Society(m): 11:31am On Jun 12, 2022
Akerele44:

Òbí wey lie full him mouth...i won't leave APUGA me and my family...leave APGA leave PDP joon
Stop it Obi na Saint!
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Eriokanmi: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2022
LongBig:

If you want to be logical as you said, you ought to know the two strongest from the north are Buhari and Atiku. Where are you drawing your conclusion from? to conclude kwankwaso is part of the equation, from the 2015 primary? I know you can do that better than that. The two strongest are Buhari and Atiku, kwankwaso is not even close.
Party made atiku strong and not his popularity/personality. The predominantly pdp dominated south east and south south states made him earn so much votes and popularity. Any candidate flying the pdp flag would have enjoyed such number of votes as well and his alliance with Obi did the magic. How many states did atiku win in the north 2019? Let's start our argument from there.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Nyne: 11:37am On Jun 12, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Tinubu is surely picking a northern Muslim....
He thinks that's the only way to victory....

But guess what

He would be put to shame....

Na so una talk for the primaries too. You all said He’s going to fail, but guess what He is closer to being the President of Nigeria than Atiku and Peter Obi. Peter Obi might even beat Atiku lol
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Friend22(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2022
pat077:
If the north can't support a Christian from the North to be VP why should the south support a Muslim from the south to be president?

Even we were to vote along religious lines we Muslims are still more than you.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by LongBig(m): 11:51am On Jun 12, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Party made atiku strong and not his popularity/personality. The predominantly pdp dominated south east and south south states made him earn so much votes and popularity. Any candidate flying the pdp flag would have enjoyed such number of votes as well and his alliance with Obi did the magic. How many states did atiku win in the north 2019? Let's start our argument from there.

At least Atiku already tested his popularity at the general election, unlike kwankwaso that never gone pass the primary. And from the report coming from north, so many of his protégés didn’t defect with him to his zonal party except few in Kano, and that would definitely spell doom for him.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by joyandfaith: 11:57am On Jun 12, 2022
Terrier99:

Yes. He can lick whoever he he likes, your rants are inconsequential. You cyber noisemakers are without political value.

Political value or economic value You are in your 20s, your eyes would clear in years to come.
No politician is feeding me and my family.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by joyandfaith: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2022
Terrier99:

Osinbajo will campaign for Tinubu and you fools can go to hell.
Yes, Osinbajo will campaign and fools like you will join him in campaigning to fellow fools to vote another set of fools Just like you did in 2015 and 2019. It is only a fool like you that would think old fools can rescue a country that has been designed to fail to bewilderment of fools like you who have supporting fools for decades.
Your eyes would open in years to come. You are just in your 20s.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by duwdu: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
pat077:
If the north can't support a Christian from the North to be VP why should the south support a Muslim from the south to be president?

Here's the thing:

One of the only two major political parties, thinks it cannot win the upcoming presidential election unless it fields a northerner as its candidate, paired with a southerner as vice, for geographic and regional balance. [This means a potential take over of the presidency from another northerner who is about to complete the maximum allowable two terms of eight years as President, thereby perpetuating northern rule, even if seen as inadvertent.]

The other major party thinks it should take the hard step and field a southerner as its presidential candidate this time around, paired with a northerner vice on its ticket to attain a similar geographic and regional balance, and also in a way that should give it a good chance of winning the same upcoming presidential election. [This will help avert the potential danger of the same half of the country ruling over the country for a continuous period of 16 years (or four presidential terms.)]

To me, the latter of the two sets of political positions and outlooks is more noble and sensible — even concessionary — at least for now. It is by no means perfect. At the same time, it stands a good chance of establishing a predictable and regular rotation of federal power between the north and south in the history of the nation, going forward.

Overall, if this debate can be kept at this north-south level, it certainly will help temper the twin, hydra-headed emotions based on ethnicity and religion.

We don't have another country to call our own.

P34c3
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by pat077: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
Friend22:

Even we were to vote along religious lines we Muslims are still more than you.
are Muslims more than Christian in the South?
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by adams123: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tinubu is a folo folo Muslim, let folo folo Muslim el Rufai be his running mate.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by pat077: 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
P1PrinceKT:

The North is one and the Christians there are minorities.

The south is two or three. And there's region in South which Muslims are majority so they can support him and win.
so the Christians in pleateu, benue, Taraba are minority?
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Friend22(m): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
pat077:
are Muslims more than Christian in the South?
No.
But Muslims are more in the whole of Nigeria combined.

Una dey fit born plenty?
Wives nkor?

Shey una yeye first lady that year ,Patience Jonathan they call them born throway.
Una go understand say democracy na numbers.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Eriokanmi: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
LongBig:

At least Atiku already tested his popularity at the general election, unlike kwankwaso that never gone pass the primary. And from the report coming from north, so many of his protégés didn’t defect with him to his zonal party except few in Kano, and that would definitely spell doom for him.
grin

Don't let them deceive the broda. I go to North always. If Ganduje could go as far as giving up his senatorial bid in order to discourage members from defecting and they still left to join kwakwanso, then its a serious matter. Which politician would go as far as Ganduje did in the present day Nigeria, just to appease aggrieved party members? They're too selfish to take such a step. That's how strong kwakwanso is. If a southerner won the pdp ticket in 2019, he'd have still gone as far as Atiku did cos the ground was already levelled for him. Those pdp dominated states were loyal to him on a party basis ,not on the basis of personality. Benue and Taraba were a good example of a few states he won in the north, except adamawa where his personality worked for him.

Had kano election not rigged in 2019, kwakwanso's candidate would have won. I'm sure you remember the story very well. During the general election, his candidate had defeated the apc, leaving out the areas declared inconclusive. Before the election was conducted in those areas, believed to be kwakwanso candidate's strongholds, the apc went on the mission of damage control, tarring abandoned roads overnight in those areas , giving people money, sinking boreholes, etc just to win their souls. It didn't end there oo, they deployed thugs there to disperse some stubborn kwakwanso loyalists. We saw the injured on the tv, even here on NL. If not for the desperation of the ruling party, pdp would have won kano. That's how much they loved kwakwanso. Anyway, let's wait and see what happens in coming days
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Moferere: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
drnoel:

What happens if Tinubu chooses Amaechi and by a stroke of whatever it may be, Atiku chooses woke?
Means 2023 election would be Wike Vs Amaechi all out war not even their principals.

Tinubu + Amaechi? grin grin grin
It is easy to know those of you who are new in the system.
Tinubu CANNOT pick his running mate from the South.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Moferere: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
Eriokanmi:
You're the one smoking weed guy. You don't seem to also be current. Always read and nit just jumping in-here to spey trash. You're not even aware of the recent development in the Nigerian political space . Shiooo!

If Kwankwaso runs with Obi by 17th June, the final date for submission of name by inec, I owe you ₦10,000. I will pay for the data that you used to get the information.

Please remind me. And call me out if I fail to redeem this pledge
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Eriokanmi: 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
Moferere:

If Kwankwaso runs with Obi by 17th June, the final date for submission of name by inec, I owe you ₦10,000. I will pay for the data that you used to get the information.

Please remind me. And call me out if I fail to redeem this pledge
Noted
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by pat077: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Friend22:

No.
But Muslims are more in the whole of Nigeria combined.

Una dey fit born plenty?
Wives nkor?

Shey una yeye first lady that year ,Patience Jonathan they call them born throway.
Una go understand say democracy na numbers.
so that is an achievement? How has that number helped them develop their region?
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Penguin2: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Feelings79:
This is the time for you igbos to negotiate for your share of the national cake.But as you have always done, you will now prefer to cluster around your very narrow Biafra/tribal interest.When we all eventually manage to install a pan Nigerian president you will now go out there shouting injustice.How on earth do you expect labour party to put in a president?

Nothing wey anybody wan do to Ndigbo go pass the one wey Buhari don do and we still no die.
Re: Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim by Tareq1105: 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tinubu is in a serious dilemma. He doesn't have control over who become his Vice and I knew it would be difficult to get a Northern christian Vice for him. Though Tinubu, just like late MKO Abiola, is not a religion fanatics but it's a big risk all the same. He would need to do a lot of work on appeasing christians, engage and reassure the leadership of christians organizations to earn their confidence. Thank God there's enough time between now and February for engagement and reassurance. Best of luck to Asiwaju of Africa. He might need to concede positions like

Minister of Justice
Minister of Finance
Minister of Foreign Affairs
SGF
Chief of Defense Staff
... to christians.

Recall these were the automatic positions MKO Abiola gave or promised CAN in the meeting he had with the leadership then before they agreed to vote him. Tinubu is now on the match again about 30 yrs after.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buratai Reduced Army To Fulani-Hausa Muslims Caucus - Intersociety / Anambra Election: INEC Shifts Election In Ihiala LGA To Nov 13 / Photos From Goodluck Jonathan's 65th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.