Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert (1827 Views)

I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Doctor Uses Slippers As A Neck Collar To Save Accident Victim(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by farem: 1:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
The Reasons Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink

Some of you would be confuse when you meet an accident victim. Some accident victims normally ask for water immediately they are hurt by a vehicle or an object, but giving them water is helping to kill the person.

Before now, have you ever thought of the reason behind why Accident victims always request for water after having an accident?

Have you also fathomed why accident victims dies immediately after drinking the water they requested for?

I know that water is life, but not on the case of accident. You should know this.

Below are the reasons why you should never give an accident victim that is bleeding water to drink.

The reason why Water is cancelled on this case is because the injured victim has lost much blood as caused by the accident and because of the loss of blood, the person now has little blood in his or her system. The little blood in the system is what keeps them amidst the accident.

Giving them water will cool the remaining blood in them and the person may die.

When someone is bleeding internally, The person will surely request for water because of haemovascular anomaly. haemovascular anomaly is as a result of the internal bleeding. When you obey their call and give the person water, he or she would experience blood discharge immediately.

The thing you are to do to an accident victim is to rush the person to any close hospital so that the person would receive anesthesia injection. It will make The person to be relieved of pains.

Another reason why giving water to Accident victims is bad is because it increases the person's Blood pressure and when this happens, the wounds starts opening because the bloods would be pressured to pop out of the body.

So, don't give bleeding accident victims water to drink no matter how thirsty they are.

Richard Anigboro
First Aid Instructor/Trainer

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by dollynnn(f): 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
Highly informative!
Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by LordFaraday(m): 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
Nice info. You are so right cause I had a personal experience. I had some serious cut in my arteries and I lost so much blood. At the hospital I became so thirsty that I started requesting for water but the Nurse said no one should give me any water if they wanted me to live. Infact I was actually begging for water like a begger cry
farem:
The Reasons Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink

Some of you would be confuse when you meet an accident victim. Some accident victims normally ask for water immediately they are hurt by a vehicle or an object, but giving them water is helping to kill the person.

Before now, have you ever thought of the reason behind why Accident victims always request for water after having an accident?

Have you also fathomed why accident victims dies immediately after drinking the water they requested for?

I know that water is life, but not on the case of accident. You should know this.

Below are the reasons why you should never give an accident victim that is bleeding water to drink.

The reason why Water is cancelled on this case is because the injured victim has lost much blood as caused by the accident and because of the loss of blood, the person now has little blood in his or her system. The little blood in the system is what keeps them amidst the accident.

Giving them water will cool the remaining blood in them and the person may die.

When someone is bleeding internally, The person will surely request for water because of haemovascular anomaly. haemovascular anomaly is as a result of the internal bleeding. When you obey their call and give the person water, he or she would experience blood discharge immediately.

The thing you are to do to an accident victim is to rush the person to any close hospital so that the person would receive anesthesia injection. It will make The person to be relieved of pains.

Another reason why giving water to Accident victims is bad is because it increases the person's Blood pressure and when this happens, the wounds starts opening because the bloods would be pressured to pop out of the body.

So, don't give bleeding accident victims water to drink no matter how thirsty they are.

Richard Anigboro
First Aid Instructor/Trainer
Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by LordFaraday(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
Pls moderator should move to the fp this info could be live saving. Apart from God's saving Grace upon my live, I lost a friend due to similar incident, he wasn't that lucky, cause he had an accident some years after mine and he requested for water at the hospital and it was even the doctor that asked them to give him water, immediately after he drank the water he just said he wanted to sleep and that was the end.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by joebases(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
I hope you know it was the doctor that actually killed your friend

LordFaraday:
Pls moderator should move to the fp this info could be live saving. Apart from God's saving Grace upon my live, I lost a friend due to similar incident, he wasn't that lucky, cause he had an accident some years after mine and he requested for water at the hospital and it was even the doctor that asked them to give him water, immediately after he drank the water he just said he wanted to sleep and that was the end.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by KingsJohnson(m): 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
Very informative
Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by Jesse6(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
Nice Sir!
Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by Polynek(m): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Educative
Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by floss(m): 3:08am On Jun 13, 2022
This will help save some persons
Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by samwash(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2022
Wow! Wow!!
I just learn something new this morning.
I never thought abt it. This is one of the basic things someone have to kwn to save life.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous To Give An Accident Victim Water To Drink - Expert by Akposkiz: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nice sir,Educative

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable For Two People Planning To Marry To Take An Hiv Test? / Woman, Clueless About Her Pregnancy For 9 Months / How To Get A Flatter Stomach In One Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.