Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! (459 Views)

Euro 2020: Five Players Of Nigerian Descent / Top 5 Sports Women Of Nigerian Descent / UEFA Women's Champions League Draws. See Who Nigerians Are Playing Against (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Rotji(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
The ongoing EUFA Nation's League is getting more and more interesting with the unpredictable results being witnessed even among the top football nations.

What has rather got my attention is the high number of Nigerians or players of Nigerian descent playing for and representing other European countries.

So far, the England football team has three (3) Nigerians being featured. Germany also has three Nigerians playing.
Danjuma Arnault is supposed to be playing for the Netherlands but I haven't seen him on their team list yet.

Below are Countries with Nigerian players or players of Nigerian descent playing for them, leading are England and Germany with 3 Nigerians each.
Please if you have noticed others I have not captured kindly add to this list.

Thanks

A. England
1. Bukayo Saka
2. Tammy Abraham
3. Fikayo Tomori

B. Germany
1. Lucas Nmecha
2. Karim Adeyemi
3. Jamal Musiala

C. Austria
1. David Alaba (he is the Austrian national team Captain)
2. Karim Onisiwo

D. Republic of Ireland
1. Michael Obafemi (was on fire yesterday, scored 1 and provided 1 assist I their 3:0 win over Scotland

Please add more
Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Rotji(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
Modes, @lalasticlala please kindly help push this to Front page..

Let's see how Nigeria is loosing out players to European countries. Imagine how strong the Super Eagles will be if all or most of these players are in the Eagles
Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Mryacks: 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Rotji:
The ongoing EUFA Nation's League is getting more and more interesting with the unpredictable results being witnessed even among the top football nations.

What has rather got my attention is the high number of Nigerians or players of Nigerian descent playing for and representing other European countries.

So far, the England football team has three (3) Nigerians being featured. Germany also has three Nigerians playing.
Danjuma Arnault is supposed to be playing for the Netherlands but I haven't seen him on their team list yet.

Below are Countries with Nigerian players or players of Nigerian descent playing for them, leading are England and Germany with 3 Nigerians each.

Thanks

A. England
1. Bukayo Saka
2. Tammy Abraham
3. Fikayo Tomori

B. Germany
1. Lucas Nmecha
2. Karim Adeyemi
3. Jamal Musiala

C. Austria
2. Karim Onisiwo

D. Republic of Ireland
1. Michael Obafemi (was on fire yesterday, scored 1 and provided 1 assist I their 3:0 win over Scotland

Please add more

Wow..didn't know that Jamal of Germeny is of Nigerian decent

1 Like

Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Shyboyk(m): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
Rotji:

Thanks

A. England
1. Bukayo Saka
2. Tammy Abraham
3. Fikayo Tomori

B. Germany
1. Lucas Nmecha
2. Karim Adeyemi
3. Jamal Musiala

C. Austria
2. Karim Onisiwo

D. Republic of Ireland

Please add more

Okafor in Switzerland

1 Like

Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
UEFA not EUFA

1 Like

Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by hatakekakashi: 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mryacks:

I lost hope in that guy playing for us a very long time before he made the decision to play for Germany.

Imagine being that good, playing for a team like Bayern, eligible to play for Germany, England or Nigeria, you then go on and choose Nigeria

1 Like

Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by hatakekakashi: 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Rotji:

Let's see how Nigeria is loosing out players to European countries. Imagine how strong the Super Eagles will be if all or most of these players are in the Eagles
Nigeria isn't losing anything baba. Those players where groomed and nurtured by their host countries with their resources.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Rotji(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mryacks:

Was surprised myself until I heard the commentator mention it grin
Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Rotji(m): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
Shyboyk:

Okafor in Switzerland

Is he currently playing at the league championship with them
Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Rotji(m): 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
Onyemaechi1:
UEFA not EUFA

Thanks baba, na those spelling mishaps cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Rotji(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
hatakekakashi:

I lost hope in that guy playing for us a very long time before he made the decision to play for Germany.

Imagine being that good, playing for a team like Bayern, eligible to play for Germany, England or Nigeria, you then go on and choose Nigeria

Hahahaha na we dey do ourselves, if not e for make sense to have most of these guys playing for us.
Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Rotji(m): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Nigeria isn't losing anything baba. Those players where groomed and nurtured by their host countries with their resources.

I agree with you baba, but if not for our nonsensical attributes the oyibo people for no vex if the players decide to play for us na
Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Mryacks: 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Yeah I understand you...but hopefully they keep using him for as long no just to give him a few cabs and dump him
Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Rotji(m): 8:26am On Jun 13, 2022
Shyboyk:

Okafor in Switzerland

Noah Okafor actually replaced Shaqiri in the 22nd minutes in their 1:0 win over Portugal yesterday
Re: UEFA Nations League 2022: How Many Players Of Nigerian Descent Are Playing?! by Athemisia: 9:28am On Jun 13, 2022
Rotji:

It's a matter of choice. Most of them grew up there. So can't really force them to play for you.
Even Brazil have a lot players playing elsewhere.
e.g
Diego Costa
Mauricio Viana
Pepe
Thiago Motta
Marcos Gonzalez
Thiago Alcantara. etc

(1) (Reply)

Jose Pieseiro Lands In Illorin To Watch NPFL Match( Photos) / EPL: Ten Hag Identifies Player To Take Over Ronaldo's No.7 Shirt / Super Falcons Set For WAFCON Quarterfinal Against The Lionesses Of Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.